Start by marking “Phi Beta Bimbo” as Want to Read:
Phi Beta Bimbo

Phi Beta Bimbo

Who fares better in the workplace: the brassy bimbo or the plain Jane? Do blondes actually have more fun? For her doctoral dissertation, sociologist - and lifelong nerd - Leah Smith intended to find out. Trading in her mousy brown hair and flat chest for bleached locks and gravity-defying cleavage, she planned a little experiment. And mile-high stilettos, a pump-up bra, an ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Phi Beta Bimbo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phi Beta Bimbo

Ash Wednesday
UNRATED

Leah Smith is writing her thesis entitled "An Ad Hoc Inquiry into the Contribution of Physical Presentation Toward vocational Advancement Opportunities" where she sets to prove how appearances factor in the advancement of women in the workplace by posing undercover as a blonde bimbo in her cross-dressing brother's company.

This book operates with the assumption that having cup Ds and big blonde hair precludes anyone from having a functioning brain.
"I was just so mortified at not watching where I was going." Oh
brain.
Eleni Mcknight
Nov 18, 2009 rated it did not like it
All I'm going to say is, if you're going to use greek letters in your title, please have a reason for it, like a greek letter society or something associated with them, like medicine or law. I thought that's what this was going to be about- medicine, law, or collegiate greek letter societies and a girl overcoming preconceived notions and achieving her goals. This is not about a sorority or a former sorority member or even someone posing as a former sorority member.
Susan
Jun 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a chick-lit book about a woman who feels that she is mousy and that attractive women get all the breaks. So she applies for a job in her brother's cosmetic company both as herself and dressed up as a bimbo, to see who gets the job. She then gets involved in investigating corporate espionage, and hilarity insues. I actually laughed out loud on several occasions. This is a good beach read.
Newly Wardell
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
what a sweet funny book. Trish Jensen writes truly likable characters and I think that's the goal of any writer. an experiment about who would get a job first a brainiac or a bimbo turns into a story of espionage crossdressing and betrayal. So sweet and full of great gags. love the scene where the brainiac is dressed like a bimbo on a date with William Shakespeare and that dinner is invaded by an fbi agent another guy and Stephanie. every one is lying or telling half truths for what seems like a ...more
Amanda
Jun 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
This is the Second book I have read by Trish Jensen, and was wildly disappointed. I'm not sure though who I was disappointed with the Author or myself. I don't really remember Stuck With You, but I know if I had felt about it the way I feel about this book that I would have never read Phi Beta Bimbo.

This story had a wonderful concept and some genuinely laugh out loud moments, which really tickled me. At first I loved this book but my initial awe wore off after the first couple of chapter because the flaw
Jenn
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: re-read
This was a fluffy re-read for me one weekend...pink book all the way! :) I mean the first line is "Am I sexpot, or what?" So it starts out with brother and sister, Steve and Leah, shopping for a "Pump You Up" bra for Leah. She's apparently going undercover as a busty blond bimbo to test out some theory, but really she was tired of being a nerd and wanted to live it up for once. Can't say I blame her. Oh and brother Steve is dressed in drag as Stephanie, to save his company somehow. Cosmetics com ...more
Ambrosia Sullivan
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was not sure I would like this book when I picked it up but I thought I should at least give it a fair shake it seemed funny. I am very glad I did give it a fair shake the book was hilarious. Now while some of the events taking place were a bit unbelievable the story itself was still fun. Following the love and business of a family and their friends and the relationships they build is a great ride.

If you’re looking for a fun quick read this book will do that for you. It is a fun li
Kimberly
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh out loud... It is so funny... Leah dresses up as Candi... Steve dresses up as Stephanie... Kate dresses up as William.... Mark and Jake claim incorrect jobs.... I smiled through every page... the writing is great... there is so much humor I can't even describe it. This book was funny to the end...

As a line in the book says "If there's anyone in this place who is who they say they are, please stand up"

I never read a Trish Jensen book before but I will be buyin
Glenn
Jan 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Considered "chick-lit", but it's a decent light read for either sex. A lotta cross-dressing going on in this book, but it's not what you might think - it's for business and sociological experimental reasons. Pretty funny storyline and happenings, centered around two competing perfume companies, a corporate spy investigation and some love stories amongst the companies founders and employees.
Amanda
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
very cute story! I love Mark & Leah! There were some laugh out loud moments, and there were some cheesy punch lines to laugh at as well. Overall I enjoyed this book-- kept me entertained & and I enjoyed the love story between all the characters.
Janet
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Phi Beta Bimbo (2005) – Trish Jensen
Well, the cover on the book is cute, the title intriguing, and even though I really like the blurb the story inside is a lot better than expected. After having a bit of a reading lull for the good books this one made me laugh out loud in several places (and I usually don’t, especially not this much). This book is entertaining, funny, thought provoking, a bit of a mystery involved in things, beautiful family dynamics, and the end brings in aggravat
Mariel Hoss
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
***ARC from NetGalley in Exchange for an honest review***

This is the 4th Trish Jensen book I have had the privilege to read and she remains true to the humor I have come to expect. While this one did not blow me away, it was an entertaining read though altogether not really realistic. Five years as a drag queen and no one is the wiser? Yeah, okay, sure, why not? It's cute and follows a good clip, certainly not boring but not wholly engaging either...it was fun following Leah/Candi an
Jessica Sideways
May 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
It is a very interesting book to say the least, I think I'm really getting into the romance genre. ;-P
yoli
Mar 05, 2010 rated it liked it
It was too ridiculous a premise for me NOT to pick up. There was a fair amount of heart, the standard BRICK method of exposition and character development but enjoyable in the end.
Kim
Oct 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: general-fiction
A Phi Beta No No.
Carrie
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cute premise, totally brainless, just what I was looking for on my last vacation day.
Jacque
This is a funny book, just don't expect too much from it. All of th cross dressing and people in disguise feels a little over done at some points.
Sandi