Start by marking “Fake Date (Dating, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fake Date (Dating, #2)

Fake Date

(Dating #2)

Working at Bliss, Sarah Harrison deals with all sorts of—interesting clientele. Yet no one sparks her interest more than Jared Gaines, the ultra-rich, ultra-sexy businessman who frequents her shop, buying delicate little “gifts” for the women in his life.

Published September 12th 2019 by Karen Erickson

To ask other readers questions about Fake Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake Date

Start your review of Fake Date (Dating, #2)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
He buys sexy lingerie from her for different women all the time

Terrific story about a pair of complete opposites who end up on a fake date. Sarah Harrison works at a high end lingerie shop called Bliss. She has worked there for the past two years in order to make ends meet. Her parents died 4 years ago, when she was twenty and she had to give up her future dreams to help raise her siblings, a brother who was still in high school and a sister who was only twelve at the time.

Sarah has worked her
Syndi
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
I loved Save the Date, the first book in this series. In Fake Date, i am disappointed. Really I am. The story seems to be repeating formula from the first book.

What really throws me off is the characters. In Fake Date we have Sarah and Jared. Miss Murphy tentalizing me with so much foreplay on the beginning. Then somehow the chemistry is cooling down. When finally Jared and Sarah hooking up, i feel it is forced.

The story is told from dual POV. Yet, i feel i am disconnected from Jared. I can
Monica Murphy
Sep 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
A standalone, sexy romance with a hate-to-love-you vibe! Available now!

Blog-Tour-2

Fake-Date-Teaser-2-PO

Fake-Date-Teaser-3-PO
Kendall Ryan
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An undeniably fun romp. Chemistry galore and two characters I was definitely rooting for. Yay Sarh and Jared!! <3
Jen
2.5 Stars

In the world of romancelandia, some meet-cutes are just better than others. Girl clumsily stumbles into a hard wall of man that’s actually her hot new neighbor? Solid choice. Boy spots girl across a crowded bar and buys her a drink? Kinda boring but most definitely a solid meeting.

Helping a cantankerous asshole pick out lingerie for his bevy of mistresses for six months until he finally asks “what’s your bra size?” and starts sending lingerie to your house without provocation isn’t so
Elle's Book Blog
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Release Date: September 17, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance

I love Monica Murphy's books! This series though may just be my favorite of them all! Readers who are fans of fake relationships, and couples who are complete opposites are going to fall head over heels for this one! It's funny, charming, and absolutely addicting! I love the reason that Sara and Jared connected in the first place (it made me SWOON HARD) even if Sara had completely different ideas in the beginning. Monica knows how to
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I admit that I would read anything Monica Murphy writes, but this story was so good. The hero, Jared is such a jerk in the beginning that you almost don’t want to see him and Sarah get together. Once you learn why he is this way, you fall in love with him and are hoping that he gets the girl. Sarah is struggling to get through life and doesn’t need any outside interference, but Jared just worms his way in to her life and her heart. I really enjoyed this relationship and the hurdles that were ...more
Kayla Brunson
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-in-2019
I am a sucker for the fake dating trope and this book really gave me that. I really loved these characters and the chapters really flew by!

Even though this was the second book in a series,(I didn’t know that before I started) I never felt lost. It was easy to follow along and Murphy’s writing was great. She had a way of writing that gets me lost in her words and her characters.

Speaking of characters, I have to say that I am living for the female friendship group that we get in this book!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3.5 Stars / 2.5 Steam Fans

Sadly this story was a meh, frustrating, and super slow burn story for me. Sarah works at a lingerie store that is super high end and taking care of her siblings after their parent’s death. Jared is a successful bachelor that has been frequenting the lingerie store and working with Sarah to buy lingerie. Jared needs a date for his brother's engagement party so he gets Sarah to "fake" date him. I was frustrated with Sarah's responsibility and status issues and Jared's
Kate R
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Fake Date is the second book in the Dating series. Characters from the first one do appear in this one, but it’s still a standalone. It’s a contemporary romance with a fake relationship trope. However, this is not your usual fake relationship trope. It doesn’t follow the usual storyline for that, and there are several parts they make fun of romance movies and specifically fake relationship tropes. It was refreshing, different, and quite creative.

Sarah was a great character. She is raising her
Amanda
OK, I'll be honest here--I'm not into billionaire romances generally. However, I do love a fake dating trope, so that's why I requested this one despite some... reservations about the blurb. I really should've listened to my intuition about this, which was "yikes!"

I'll start with the good: I liked Sarah, the female protagonist of this. She's only in her early 20s but took on the responsibility of caring for her two younger siblings when she was only 20 years old when their parents died in a car
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
A new Monica Murphy romance novel that will have you flipping every page for more and more...

Okay so Sarah and Jared have slowly mended their way into my heart with this compelling love story! I have no idea how Monica has created another stand-alone in this series. There is witty banter, love, passion, joking, and some nice filthy scenes that will have you heated for sure. Fake relationship tropes are actually not my favorite, but this one made an impact for sure. Make sure you do not miss
Jypsy
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Social Butterfly and the author for an advanced copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

Fake Date
By: Monica Murphy

*REVIEW*
I'm torn about Fake Date. I did like the overall idea and most of the characters. The thing I didn't like was the male lead, Jared. He's the sexy brooding mysterious billionaire who frequently comes into the lingerie shop where Sarah, the female lead, works, and buys lingerie for his mistresses, presumably. One day, Jared sends some lingerie as a gift to
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fake Date is the second book in the Dating series by Monica Murphy

The only thing that I didn't like in this book was Jared. Yeah, it's a major thing to not like, but I didn't hate the book. I just had a strong dislike for him. His way of approaching Sarah was not a good one and I wasn't sure what to think of him in the beginning. He is very arrogant and I don't feel like I understood what was driving him for most of the book. Sarah is much more likable and logical, even if she was letting her
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Fake Date by Monica Murphy is book 2 in the Dating Series. This is the story of Sarah Harrison and Jared Gaines. I haven't yet read the previous book, so for me this was a standalone book.
Sarah works at Bliss a lingerie shop where Jared seems to frequent to by a women in his life gifts. They usually have a heated discussion / flirt session. But then the gifts he buys he starts to give to Sarah. Sarah confronts him about this and he tells her that he needs her to be his fake date to his
Happily Mary After
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah. Love this series and the second book is a sexy and fun enemies-t0-lovers romance that you do not want to miss. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon.
Christine
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Jared was a big NO for me. To be clear, he was a massively petulant, immature, cold, self-absorbed NO of a lover, brother, son, and all around person. I loved that Sarah read him the riot act and made him apologize to his family members, but the guy never got a clue. Jared was the same jerk at the end of the book as he was from the start. You can imagine my reaction when I read the author's note that she originally wrote Jared to be an even bigger ass.

Let's start with Jared's bizarre wooing of
romancejunkie
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah works at a lingerie shop, where she has one client who is there frequently, Jared Gaines and they were always bickering each other up and flirting with each other. Some time later he becames bold and gives her the lingeries he bought, she confronts him on it and after talking a little he asks her if she would accept to be his fake date for his brother's engagement party.
As the two spend time together, they began having feelings for each other. Will their love story have a happy ending
Faith89
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A grouchy alpha who is a little awkward in most polite situations. Jared is at best too blunt. Unless he is hate flirting with Sarah in the lingerie shop. the two start off with what they think is a total dislike of each other. However, they are attracted. when Sarah and Jared attempt a weekend of fake dating, things come to a head. Cute story with likable characters. Jared is comical and awkward in a lot of situations. He is only willing to change for Sarah. Sarah is sweet and wants see Jared ...more
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

I love, love, love the fake dating trope and this one had me glued to the pages! I have read some of this author's other books so I knew that I was in store for something memorable.

As far as fake romance tropes go, the plot for this book started off strangely to me. When a man starts buying you lingerie, the red flags kid of go up in your
Jackie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah works at Bliss a lingerie store and she’s the one that helps Jared when he shops at the store. Jared is a jerk but I can see why he is the way he is. He’s not only a jerk to Sarah, he’s a jerk with everyone even his own family.
He’s too serious but he can different when he lets his guard down a bit. Jared has been hurt quite a bit in life. It’s true he shouldn’t take it out on others but that’s how he knows how to deal with things in his life.
I really enjoyed this book. I highly recommend
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for me

I had mixed feelings about this one. I really liked the female lead - Sarah has a lot on her plate for a 20 year old. She's the guardian for her siblings, working and trying to keep herself sane. In walks Jared. Textbook billionaire asshole and although there were moments I liked him, there were a lot of moments I didn't.

I enjoyed this one, but didn't love it like I usually do a billionaire romance.

I received an arc of this book.
Isha Coleman
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Murphy creates delightful romance. Fake Date lays on the charm with a hint of obvious and more than enough heart. Jared and Sarah are a riot. She makes you want to laugh, he makes you want to scream and they both kept me craving more. Sometimes our emotions need a chance to take a breather and find the smile that hides within. Monica Murphy is the perfect fit for bringing out the fun.
Berna
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
They don’t like each other first and then suddenly they like each other, break up and fell in love.
It was quick read and boring. There wasn’t any chemistry.
Sandy S
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date September 17, 2019

Working at Bliss Lingerie, Sarah Harrison deals with all sorts of—interesting clientele. Yet no one sparks her interest more than Jared Gaines, the ultra-rich, ultra-sexy businessman who frequents her shop, buying delicate little “gifts” for the women in his life.

But one day, Jared sends her a gift from Bliss. Then another—and another. So when Sarah walks into his office demanding to know why he can't stop sending her gifts, he makes her
Dini Kamayana
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars.

This was a very easy and quick read that was enjoyable enough for me in certain parts, but it sadly lacked depth/development. I know not all romances need it, but as this sits at almost 400 pages, you'd think there'd be more substance. When I first saw Fake Date I didn't realise it was part of a series, but it works as a standalone too. I liked where the story was going initially, but the follow through wasn't quite there. This had a few sexy scenes, but the actual scenes are fade to
Sep 17, 2019 added it
I am thrilled to be participating in the blog tour forFake Date, the second book in Monica Murphy'sDating series. This book focuses on Sarah Harrison. She works at a high class lingerie store and while the work is fine, it isn't perhaps her dream job. That said, it pays the bills and with a younger sister at home still in high school and an older brother who hasn't quite made the move to full adulthood, she is the main support for her family. The job pays well even if she doesn't always enjoy ...more
Nicole
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was cute from start to finish and read this pretty much in one sitting. I loved the back and forth between Sarah and Jared, and how just below the surface feelings weren't quite so antagonistic, despite their outward behavior towards each other. I have to admit I was a bit skeeved that he was going into Bliss seemingly to purchase lingerie for his lovers while feeling some type of way about Sarah, until it all began to click for me what he was actually doing.

I have nothing but
Lisa
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-2019
Thank you Social Butterfly PR and Netgalley for a copy of Fake Date by Monica Murphy for review. This lighthearted fun read is available now!

I really liked this one. Sarah works in a lingerie store and one of her rich private shopping clients starts coming in more often. When he starts sending her gifts, she is confused and interested all at the same time. Jared finally asks her on a date, to a family wedding. He wants her to pretend to be his girlfriend for the weekend.
I really liked Jared and
Nov 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
***ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR via NetGalley***

Sarah and Jared didn't work for me. There was something about their relationship that just never seemed to be realistic, and I never really felt engaged with the story. I think it was the way they met that worked in the blurb but when it became the actual story felt...odd.

Whatever the reason, this was my first title by this author so I am sure I will try her again, but this one didn't work for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Best Man
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Weekend Fling (Crazy Love, #4)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • The Princess Problem
  • All the Way (Hot Jocks, #2)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Prenup
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

Dating (4 books)
  • Save The Date (Dating, #1)
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Hate to Date You (Dating, #4)