Start by marking “Frenemies” as Want to Read:
Frenemies

Frenemies

There are some things you just have to deal with.
Like your hot as hell college booty call moving in next door with his adorable daughter.

The only time we’ve ever gotten along is under the sheets. Old habits die hard because two minutes on my front porch is how long it takes us to bicker.
Not that a little fact like that bothers my healthy, eighty-year-old grandmother
Published January 28th 2020 by Emma Hart (first published January 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Frenemies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frenemies

Start your review of Frenemies
D.M.
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Frenemies; A friend turned enemy. Imogen and Mason used to be friends with benefits. When college finished Mason never called. Now years later Mason is moving in next door.

Immy lives with her loud mouth gran. She is an artist and loves her job. When she sees her new hot neighbour, Imogen knows there will be trouble. His daughter is cute but he's pranks are old school. With great chemistry and a medalling grandmother, this is about to be one hot mess.

Witty, fun and full of flirting. A fab new
Elizabeth
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Spoilers

celibate heroine and the guy who never called her had a baby with someone else and dated that girl for a year, but couldnt make it work with the girl he claimed to love, sure...
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 28, 2020
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Frenemies to Lovers | Neighbors to Lovers | Second Chance Romcom

Raise your hand if this cover caught your attention? It certainly did mine! I love her covers. They’re appealing to the eyes with the bold and vibrant colors! I think it’s these that actually started my reading journey with her work! There’s just something about a pretty cover that gets me every time!

Frenemies by Emma Hart is a standalone, frenemies to lovers, neighbors to
Irene
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed Frenemies by Emma Hart.

The storyline is well written, it's entertaining from start to end, I laughed, I swooned and then laughed some more and I fell in love with all the characters, especially Grandma Jen, she was a hoot! lol

I loved watching Immy and Mason get their second chance at love. They were funny, passionate and at times frustrating but overall they were two souls who truly belonged together.

Frenemies is one of those books once you start reading you won't want
Amy
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 super cute and funny stars!

“It was a look I felt everywhere–the kind of look where you just knew not an inch of your body had gone unnoticed.”

Frenemies is the latest romantic comedy from Emma Hart that will have you in stitches laughing one moment, and swooning in the next. Emma Hart really steps it up with this second chance, enemies to lovers story.

Frenemies follows the story of Imogen and Mason. Imogen is pretty happy with the life she leads. She’s a starving artist who runs her families
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Emma Hart's books, have been a fan forever it seems, to this day my favorite will be Holly Woods Files, favorite..If you haven't read please do so..Ok Let me get to this one. So we meet Imogen who has a crazy grandmother, and we seem to have a lot of those, anywho Jen(crazy gran) is looking out the window when she sees a hot piece of (you know) and Imogen does not want to hear, when she looks out the window who does she her long lost love, the guy who broke her heart and never called ...more
Escape into a Booksite
Shelves: kindle
*4.5-5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Frenemies was a fun and light read. I always enjoy second chance romance novels, and this one was no different. Immy and Mason dated in college and now, 6 years later, they're suddenly neighbours, but there are a whole bunch of new things about them. Namely, Mason has a 3 year old daughter.

I liked the way that this was an easy going read. Whilst there are some old hurts and feelings from the past, and these two snarking at
Sannia
Nope. Thanks to this review. Hard to root for a h that is so pathetic and desperate. He not only ditched her. But had a child with another. Even if they were just f-buddy, I still don't care for it.

Heather andrews
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imogen doesn't really have the best timing, "...and I raised my hand to knock on the door right as it opened. Instead of hitting the door, I hit Mason. At least it wasn’t in the face. “Good morning to you, too,” he said dryly..." Me thinks Mason is jealous when his woman's focus isn't just on his balls, “you don’t need the garlic balls. You’ve spent enough time with mine!” I liked this book, Imogen's granny was crazy, Maya was the cutest little girl and I loved Mason.
Natasha
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 massive star read.

One of my favourite authors of this genre she always knows how to pull you into a story with her brilliant unique style of writing and addictive characters.

So this is Mason and Imogen's story. This is actually a really hard review for me to write. On Sunday my grandad died and this was the book I was reading when it happened. Afterwards I needed something to keep my brain occupied so I picked up the book and carried on where I left off. Even through my grief the characters
Kate R
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Emma Hart is back with a new series. Frenemies is book one and what an introduction to this series! It’s a romantic comedy with prank wars, and a meddling Grandma and I adored this one! It is a standalone that hits on several tropes: second chance, neighbors, frenemies, and single dad. Imogen is living with her crazy Grandma, when the new neighbors move in: her college ex, Mason, with his 3-year-old daughter. You can imagine she’s quite surprised and angry! What ensues is her matchmaking Grandma ...more
KFForever
kfforever

Reviewed by Anna on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Another gem from one of my favourite authors of this genre, a hilarious start to this year! Read on and you won't be disappointed, be prepared to snort, giggle and laugh.

Lisa Mandina
Sooooooo funny! As always! And really I connected to this one because I like that her “frenemy”, Mason, was her FWB from college. I didn’t take a lot of notes as I was reading because this was such a page-turner I just sped through it! It’s a pretty light-hearted story, not a lot of major drama. The feels are real, but not deep. And that’s okay, I like to have a sweet and light and refreshing story to enjoy like this one. I loved that Immy knew how important it was to make sure Mason’s daughter ...more
Kahea
***5 Stars***

This was a such a fun read that was filled with great characters, a good dose of crazy and a whole bunch of heart that it made it so easy to get lost in the story that I was quite put out when there were no more words to read.

I loved Mason and Imogen aka Immy. They are both really good people with really good hearts and had me wishing I could be friends with them myself.

Their frenemies to lovers second chance romance was a lot of fun to experience. Their shared past does made
April Symes
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Frenemies by Emma Hart is a deliciously sweet, charmingly sarcastic, laugh out loud 2nd chance romance. It's a Frenemies to lovers romance that will have you doubled over in laughter; Imogen and Mason are the couple that just light up the pages with their prank wars, their sexy banter, their chemistry. Mason is a single dad and he parents like no one's biz to his lil girl. He is such a good dad. Imogen and Mason have history. Trust me, the feels, steam, chemistry will just leap off the pages as ...more
Samantha
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ARC from the author*

Emma Hart never seems to fail to write an amazing book! She hooked me in when she said single dad - my kryptonite.

Immy and Mason were two people who used to sleep together in college. Thinking it was something more Immy was shattered when he never called her.

Years later Mason moves in next door to Immy with his daughter. Still holding a grudge Immy doesn't welcome him with open arms, she gets her water balloons filled with flour reading for payback

Immy and
Melissa B
In true Emma Hart fashion she gave us an absolutely fun, witty and entertaining read from beginning to end! From the very first chapter I was smiling and laughing from Imogene and her grandmother's snarky relationship and banter but the pranks between Immy and Mason....OMGEEE!!! Immy and Mason had a physical relationship in college but fell apart when Mason graduated and left her behind. Neither would admit their feelings for each other but what happens when fate brings them face to face 6 years ...more
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
This is so dang cute and fun!

Frenemies, is a hilarious frenemies to lovers, neighbors, single dad, second chance romance. Immy and Mason were so much fun to watch! From their prank war to their hilarious banter, and then their steamy hot chemistry, their relationship was so cute, funny, and swoony!

I live for the secondary characters in this authors books. They always add so much to the story and make me laugh out loud! Immy's Grandma Jen absoluely killed me! She was so loud, funny, pushy, and
Laurie
Shelves: arc
I loved Emma Hart's "Frenemies," a funny, charming, and sweet second chance romance featuring likeable, well-developed main characters. The male lead character, Mason, was endearing, sexy, and a great dad. Basically, he was the whole package, every girl's dream boyfriend, and I can't believe the female lead character, Immy, was able to resist him for as long as she did! In addition, Mason's relationship with his daughter Maya's mom, Fran, was really lovely. It was refreshing to see a depiction ...more
RBCRRBLOGGER
Reviewing on behalf of Relentless Book Chics Ramblings and Reviews

A hilarious enemies to lovers romance.

I’m a huge fan of this author and when I read the blurb for this; I couldn’t wait to read it.

Imogen loves art and runs her family store where she also teaches kids ceramics. Her love life is a disaster and since her college boyfriend broke her heart 6 years ago, she hasn’t dated much despite the meddling from her eccentric grandma who also lives with her. When she sees a moving truck pull up
Stacey
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Frenemies is a delightful, laugh-out-loud second chance rom-com. Mason and Imogen were together in college, but once he graduated, he never called like he promised. Now, years later he moves into the house next door to Imogen and her grandmother, with his three year old daughter in tow.

Imogen is initially defensive and snarky, while Mason wants to do anything to get a second chance. And then a fake spider in Imogen's mailbox starts an all-out prank war, bringing the pair closer together.

Gran,
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Frenemies is everything I love about Emma Hart’s stories. There are likable characters, crazy shenanigans and plenty of hilarious banter. Imogen and Mason haven’t seen each other in six years and they didn’t part on good terms. Now, he is her new neighbor and her grandma has some tricks up her sleeve.

Mason is a single father and moves to be closer to his daughter (who is super adorable). His neighbor is his college hook up and her wild grandma. Imogen has her hands full with her job and keeping
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

Immy and Mason dated in college and, at graduation, lost touch with one another when he didn't call when he said he would.

So, she's mad at him and holds a grudge (which is totally reasonable) and is less than thrilled when he moves in next door. Also understandable.

I am not always the biggest fan of books where the characters play pranks on one another, as sometimes they can go too far and the pranks become harmful and nasty, but this title never went to that
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
Laugh-out-loud goodness!
I adore Emma Hart’s characters and stories because they make me literally laugh out loud and I lost count of how many times I lol’ed while reading Frenemies!
Life starts getting awfully complicated for Imogen when the man that never called her back move next door, years later!
Mason is now a single dad and his life revolves around his little girl.
Fate brought them both together but Imogen is not ready to forgive and forget! Imogen is a cracker!

Grandma Jen is the best of
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review

I’ve read a few Emma Hart books and have loved each one so when I seen Frenemies I just know I’d have to read it and I did.

Frenemies is a stand-alone book, a frenemies to lovers, a second chance romance that’ll grip you from the get go.

Immy and Mason are too much fun, their pranks and banter are hilarious and you just can’t get enough of it.

I laughed so hard at times that I was given funny looks at our local coffee shop, never read a book full of
Anna Green
Reviewed on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

When Imogen finds out that the ex who ghosted her in college moves in next door, not only do sparks fly, but also water balloons and flour bombs. Add to that a very nosey and interfering grandma with no filter and you have the perfect set up for some very funny scenarios. Happy managing
Jennifer Mitchell
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2020-reads, rom-com
Special thanks to Emma Hart for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

Emma Hart is the queen of the quick, witty, sarcastic rom-coms! Any time I am in desperate need of a laugh, I go to one of her books.

Frenemies is no exception. I love the second-chance relationship between Imogen and Mason. There is ANGST (big fan of angst!) which is a bit uncommon for an Emma Hart story. There are prank wars and tons of hilarious banter. I love how Immy makes Mason work for it because he hurt her.
Kali McQuillen
Shelves: 2020-read, 2020-arc
Oh my gosh! I love laugh out loud books, throw in the sizzling chemistry and yep, count me in! Everytime with this author! Let's not forget Immy's grandma that will have you rolling and Mayson's daughter that you just want to hug!

Loved the back and forth between these two, waiting to see what was going to happen when it came to them. Were they going to be able to make something work this time or is it going to be like in college? Read it and find out!

Sunny Shelly Reads
I always know what I can expect from an Emma Hart book, and I'm happy to say that Frenemies met all of my expectations. When a hot single dad moves next door to Imogen and her grandmother, Immy never in a million years would have expected that he'd turn out to be her longtime college fling.

Except that fling isn't quite an accurate description for Mason and Immy's relationship. They were both so focused on keeping things casual that they didn't quite know what to do when they fell in love. But
Toonasa
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Rom-com stars

I was hooked on this book, completing it in 1 seating.

Imogen & Mason's story was long time coming, starting 6 years ago.
They were fuck buddies in college, both having secret feelings for each other.

They never told, & even though he promised, he didn't call after graduation (she was really pissed at that^_^).
So you can guess him becoming her new neighbor after all these years will stir up a lot of forgotten feelings

A spider in her mail box started a full on, college
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Doctor Dearest
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Inappropriate
  • Dirty Letters
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • On a Tuesday (One Week, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • The Rebound
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
  • One Night Stand (One Night Stand, #1)
  • Falling for My Best Friend's Brother (One Night Stand, #2)
  • Make Me Bad
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut