Start by marking “Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star” as Want to Read:

Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star

(Knox Brothers of Arbor Shores #1)

Even rock stars are haunted by the one that got away...

Chasing music and freedom, Shane Knox left Arbor Shores nine years ago and never looked back... until now. With his best friend, Dax, getting married, Shane is coming home to face his past as well as Avery, the girl he left behind.

The second he lays eyes on her, all of his long suppressed feelings come rushing back i
Published September 5th 2019 by Write From The Heart Books

To ask other readers questions about Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star

Start your review of Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star
Syndi
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This is OK read for me. My first read by Miss Summers. I always drawn into small town romance. The feeling of that snug sweet romance. Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star is a second chance romance. Shane left Avery to chase his dream to be rock star. He lives in his dream but his heart never been able to forget Avery.

During the eve of Shane's best friend, he went home and face with the love of his life. Avery. Avery had been guarding her broken heart since Shane left. It is a somewhat cute sw
I love reading a good romance. I love reading even more second-chance romances. I don’t know what it is about them that I gravitate towards so much, maybe it’s the simple fact of two people who were once in love go their separate ways for whatever reason and then something brings them back together in the future, who knows. So, when I heard about this book and learned of its premise, I jumped at the chance to read it because it seemed right up my alley.

You have Shane, who’s gained fame in a rock
romancejunkie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
When he receives news that his best friend is getting married, Shane Knox goes back to Arbor Shores and the past he left behind, including his first love Avery. The first time they lay eyes on each other again, all the suppressed love they still have in their hearts came rushing back, and they start thinking if they still had their chance at a happy ending.
Avery was still very hurt at the way he had left things between them before leaving town, but after he explains the terrible reasons that
Isha Coleman
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Not every love story gets a second chance. Will Shane and Avery let the sins of the past ruin a chance to finally make things right? Shane is the boy that broke her heart. Avery is the girl that haunts his dreams. When a happy occasion brings these exes face to face, sparks fly. Capturing the Heart of a Rock Star is an unfinished love song. Summers takes hold of the emotions as she explores young love and adult heartache. Avery and Shane are the best and worst of what love is. Sweet, heartbreaki ...more
Karen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shane Knox left the small town of Arbor Shores when he was a teenager to try & make it as a rock star, leaving the girl he loved behind with promises that he simply didn't even try to live up to. Nine years later, he gets news that his best friend is getting married, he decides he needs to be there, and will end up facing Avery again after all this time. He's made it in a rock band named Distant Union, but even with the fame & a failed marriage (which I'm even more pissed about because I'm not s ...more
S B
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked it

It was decent for a second chance romance. Shane was pretty honest from the start. He saw his lost love and wanted to set the record straight, but also try again.

Avery, however, was too much. I felt for her and her pain, until she stopped making sense. She would tell Shane she didn't want anything to do with him, then agree to fake date, or whatever. It was like ping pong.

And then, the lies. I was done with her when she started with the lies. She just couldn't stop. But it rubbed me
Jeri Smith
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review of Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star

I enjoyed this book and I will recommend her books to anyone who loves romance novels. She keeps you involved from page one until the end.
Debra
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Capturing the Heart of the Rock Star

They knew each other years ago. And had been sweethearts until he left and never looked back. He became a popular singer. Got married and divorced. She stayed back and worked for her parents. Now he is back for her brothers wedding. Will the past stay in the past? Or will old feelings come back?
Cherye Elliott
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun Easy Read

A nice Sunday read. Enjoyed the book. Lots of subplots to keep the story fast paced and interesting. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Andrea Guy
I kinda have a love/hate thing going on with this book. I love the rock star and small town element, I love Shane and Avery too, but parts of the story seemed too far fetched.

I don't pretend to understand the music biz a whole lot, but I can't see a record label dropping a lead singer from the band, that just isn't done. Even with bands as big as The Freaking BEATLES the label couldn't just say..ok, you don't want to do this..you're out. The band's themselves make that decision..unless you are
Caroline Doig
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If your a fan of rockstar stories then your going to love this one. Shane is the lead singer of Distant Union they haven’t had any new material for quite awhile and their manager was hasselling Shane for a new song or they could lose their recording contract so it’s up to Shane he’s the song writer for the band but he lost his muse plus he has to go to his best friends wedding. Shane had lost his muse when his actress bride was having an affair with another actor so it was hard writing love song ...more
Kris Whiting
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Avery and Shane have been burned by love, so of course they would rather not see each other again, especially when there are still some underlying feelings, but life doesn't always go the way you want it, and things not said will always lead to misunderstandings and beliefs that the feelings they shared weren't mutual.
But love is a messy game, and if your have the strength to stick around, you never know what might happen.
There was a lot of explaining done and I loved that you
Debbie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2019
I did enjoy this book but Avery was very annoying holding a grudge for so long and not letting Shane explain why he left the way he did. Overall It is a good read.

When Shane a world fa ours rock star returns home after 9 years for his best friends wedding he knows it won’t be easy, because Dax’s sister is the girl he left behind with promises to come back for her, and he didn’t! He left and never came back until now!

Avery still holds a grudge, she is helping to run the family holiday resort, an
Maja
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from this author. I liked it. I like reading about rockstars and their lives and this book was interesting. Shane Knox is a singer in the band and is having a hard time coming up with the new song. People expect him to write lovey dovey songs, but he is single after his wife cheated on him. He is coming back to his hometown he left 9 years ago, to attend a friend's wedding. But that also means catching up with Avery-his ex-girlfriend.

I received a free copy of this book via
Messy Bun Book Blog
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful second chance romance! Shane and Avery don't have an easy road to their HEA, and while their chemistry and love for each other are as strong as ever, they have to learn to trust each other again! This book was impossible to put down! I loved their small town, and the chemistry between Shane & Avery sucks you in! LOVED IT! ...more
Kim
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Capturing the Heart of the Rockstar is a sweet story of a first love reunion. This is not your typical bad boy rockstar romance storyline, which is refreshing. The author has created interesting characters, detailed setting, and enough twists in the story to keep you reading.

Barbara
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this Author that I have read and it looks like this is her debut book. This is rock star Shane Knox and Avery Cooke's story of a second chance. Shane's manager was something else. I enjoyed reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. ...more
D.
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story and the details that were put into the story. It was difficult to put this book down and it was fantastic.

Kristi
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, clean, second chance romance. If these are the stories you enjoy, then you'll definitely enjoy this one. No spoilers here, just the advice to not let this one slip by.

FS Meurinne
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, reviews
I love rockstar romance, I enjoyed Shane and Avery second chance romance story, I have read similar books to this one, but it also has some sweet different things. It had the angst of having the one you loved back to town after a long time relationship that left without closure. Good weekend read.
Paige Whitecotton
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet first love

Sweet first love. Even with a rock star involved this was a sweet first love second chance romance. Avery and Shane should have always been together. Dreams and family got in the way of that but life brought them back together. Great book.
Lora
Beckie Bennett
Dec 04, 2019
Michelle
Mar 04, 2020

• Love Lock (Love Lock Duet, #2)
  • Mr. October (Calendar Boys #10)
  • Summer
  • Accidental Rebel
  • Most Desirable Player (Campus Kings #7)
  • The Billionaire’s Pregnant Assistant (McClellan Billionaires, #1)
  • Dream Lover (Lover Boys, #1)
  • Wicked (Wicked, #1-3)
  • Men In Control: The Smith Brothers Series Box Set
  • A Beautiful Star (Beautiful, #5)
  • Chasing Lucy
  • The Heart Of Winter
  • When Hearts Collide
  • Mistletoe Kisses
  • Pretend Wife
  • Rock Star
  • Saving Her (Her Protector #2)
  • Starfish (Starfish #1)