Start by marking “Winter's Curse (Winter Black #2)” as Want to Read:
Winter's Curse (Winter Black #2)

Winter's Curse

(Winter Black #2)

A blessing? A curse? It’s not easy to possess the gift of knowing too much.
What at first seems like a standalone bank robbery becomes something much darker as a pair of masterminds hack their bloody way onto the list of the most notorious US heists. It’s not a job exclusive to the FBI, but Winter’s office nemesis, Sun Ming, is convinced that she holds the key to taking
Published May 12th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Curse

Start your review of Winter's Curse (Winter Black #2)
Carolyn
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stone-mary
WOW! Another edge-of-your seat, page-turner, can't put this book down, read in the Winter Black series by Mary Stone! I think agent Sun Ming got off too easily, but she still might get her butt kicked yet. I'm hopeful! An outstanding read! Onto the third book in this outstanding series, "Winter's Redemption" where The Preacher just might bite it!
Tony Hisgett
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review, thriller
This book starts with a bank robber that seems to kill without any reason. Then the agent put in charge of the case has a tantrum because she doesn’t like Winter and it turns out she is also withholding vital information.

To be honest I found the book a bit irritating, I thought the author was just trying too hard. She seemed to be killing everybody in sight, her villain was ‘way over the top’ and she even made the lead agent mentally disturbed and rampantly ambitious.
Then the way they identified
jacquelyn shimmel
Another fantastic ride with Winter. Fast paced, suspenseful, edge of your seat book. Can't wait for the next book!!!

Another fantastic ride with Winter. Fast paced, suspenseful, edge of your seat book. Cant wait for the next book. Going to be a long few months!!!
Cindy
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in the series featuring Winter Black. She is an FBI agent and her long term goal is to locate her parents’ murderer, The Preacher. This episode focuses more on the interactions among Winter and the other FBI agents in her office and how they work together to solve a case. Winter’s abilities to see a little bit of the future certainly helps but it causes tension with the other members.
The characters are introduced gradually and they are inserted into the story flawlessly. Al
Nancy
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed reading Mary Stone ‘s books of Winter Black. This story will keep you glued to the pages to where you will not want to put the book down.
J.Lee
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Winter Black series is a must read for anyone who enjoys a good police story, and especially so for those who like a little paranormal addition thrown in to spice things up. Starting with Winter's Origin and continuing through Winter's Curse, the action has been non-stop, the suspense well-played and the plots well written. The characters are realistic, and 3-D, and seem to take on a life of their own.

When Winter Black was thirteen, her family was destroyed by a madman known as The Preacher.
Jen
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is a thread being carried through from Winter's Mourn as FBI Agent Winter Black continues her hope of finding and nailing the serial killer who murdered her parents and abducted her younger brother. Winter's Curse, however, contains another complete case as the FBI becomes involved with a bank robbery that appears to be the first step in a sinister plan that involves more senseless deaths.
from description: "A blessing? A curse? It’s not easy to possess the gift of knowing too much.

What at
Meghan
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense action

Winter is paired with Sun and if you are reading this series you know there is going to be tension between these two women. The cases are bank robberies that reflect famous bank heists, but with a slight twist.

This story flew. The writing was detailed and the scenes full of action. I loved how vivid all the pieces were and how the emotion leaped off the page. I am not a fan of Sun, but I thought it was fantastic seeing the two women paired together as it showed Willow in a differe
Agnes (BookBubbe)
This is the second book in Mary Stone's series on Winter Black. This one I flew through and have already downloaded Book #3. The story follows a rash of bank robberies and the FBI is called in. Winter along with Noah, Aiden and Sun Ming are on the trail to catching the crazy person (Heidi and Ryan) who is not only robbing but also killing, with no remorse.

With her own problems in her head, (still looking for The Preacher) Winter manages to hunt them down, sometimes using her "gift" and gives us
Mary Brannian
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winter's Curse... Or Her Salvation?

FBI Agent Winter Black finds herself assigned to a case that, in the surface, looks like a wild goose chase. It doesn't help that she's partnered with another female agent that's determined to crack the case solo. Tempers rise along with the body count. When another FBI Agent is killed, the stakes grew exponentially higher. Can Winter find the perpetuates before the final act, or will more people die?

Action packed, fast paced, amazingly complex characters make
Darla Taylor
A pair of criminal masterminds are recreating some of most notorious US heists although there is more bloodshed this time around. The FBI team assigned to the case includes Sun Ming and Winter Black, neither of whom likes the other. But when it seems that Sun has her own agenda, Winter knows that they must learn to work together.

I really enjoyed this book which is a great second in the series. The book's well-written with well-rounded characters, some of whom you'll like and others you won't. I
Denise Shaver
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much better than book one! The plot was a lot tighter and, unlike the plot of book one, held my interest and was a page turner. I enjoyed the character development, and hope Sun continues to work with Winter and Noah (provided she has learned humility). I appreciated that Winter’s abilities weren’t as “in your face” and overused, as I felt they were previously. I also anticipated and enjoyed the twist with one of the robbers. I’m looking forward to book three and hope the arc continues to be ...more
Gary
Winters White Out

Mary I don't know how you have gotten me hooked on a continuing story. Is it because of the dynamics of different personalities of the FBI agents at the Richmond field office the different major crimes committed in each book of the the main story line in the background about the preacher I believe it's all the above + the hint of romance will it be Noah or Aiden. The next installment cannot get here soon enough. This series is a must read for everyone who loves Mystery, Thrille
Pam
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Winter’s Curse: Winter’s Black Series Book 2 is by Mary Stone. Although she is getting closer to the Preacher, and the answer as to where her brother may be, Winter is assigned with Sun Ming to find the robbers of a city bank. Sun Ming thinks she knows the meaning of the robbery. The robbers are going to copy the three major robberies of the past. She is getting emails from the perpetrators and she hasn’t told her boss about them. She pulls Winter and Noah long reluctantly. Will Winter get a cha ...more
Ann Roesinger
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winter Can Feel so cold

When Winter is paired with Sun Ming to unravel and solve crimes that mirror older unsolved crimes, the clash of the two woman mirrors the differences between the seasons. Sun is cold and calculating, always mindful of her upward mobility within the agency. Winter is warmer but encompasses a burning desire to solve and avenge the murder of her parents. The two are set in a path where clashes are certain. Add in the ever faithful, Noah as a buffer and a likeable villain, for
Nina Irwin
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winter is back and better than ever

Lots of action. Some inter office hostility between Winter and the female agent Winter is working under. A race against time and odds to stop a rash of violent crimes masterminded by a very evil and extremely dangerous woman. Also signs that Preacher has become active again. I sure hope we don't have long to wait on the next in the series. I am ready for it now.
Nancy Fredenburgh
Book 2 in the Winter Black Series. Excellent reading, hard to put down. Winter, now a full FBI agent is given a new case, a robbery, and her case agent is a hard to get along with senior agent. Problems between the two escalate, but Winter hangs on, with the aid of her new partner, Noah. The reason for Winter's need to join the FBI surfaces again, and her old life and tragedy once again rush to greet her.
Hilary Chase
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. I am pleased with Winter's character development, and really enjoyed her interactions with Dalton near the end. Parish's feelings for her are a little uncomfortable for me. Like how her relationship with Sun morphs over the course of the book. I like the quality of characters here and their complexity. I also enjoyed the plot, and the way it was revealed piece by piece.
wayne peters
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winters Curse

It was a fast moving story. The only thing I did not appreciate was the language. I do not swear and glossed over all the bad language. If you could write without all the profanity I would really have enjoyed the story so much more. The f word was sprinkled through out the book liberally making it much less enjoyable to read. It is not necessary to use so much profanity to write a truly wonderful a story. Please concid2this when writing future stories.
Melissa

I read this book back in February and I am just getting to the review due to my children being at home during the shutdown of schools.

This series gets better and better. I love Winter! I want more. Off to get the next book through Kindle Unlimited.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!

Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!

Melissa
Diane E
Very good

Winter on assignment with Sun Ming is a problem . Sun is ambitious and feels a threat from Winter . As a result she makes mistakes . Winter works hard to be a team player . The villain is focused and manipulates her sidekick mercilessly . She likes to kill, he doesn't . It's hard to find the motive behind the horrendous actions .
Gerri Johnson
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another 5 star book! Winter has another crime to solve besides looking for her parents murder and the kidnapping of her brother. She pursues crime with a little help from her psychic abilities that few no about. Excellent reading! Wonder if she will ever hook up with the two men in her life?
Opal Sibley
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner

There is so much suspense in this book that I would give up sleep, food, anything just to read one more chapter. Just when I thought I had the answer, another twist would appear. Winter has such a unique gift that she can’t ignore. Mary Stone is my favorite author.
Brenda Treddle
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just gets better.

I love this series.Winter Black does it again.Goes up against a ruthless killer who robs banks.Also having to follow the orders of her work hater Sun Ming it only gets tougher to find the killer.Fast pace from the beginning and the ending is only the beginning of the new thriller to be. Wow .
Cheryl
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new case. A new chance to catch a killer. Will is be the one that torments Winter Black? Book 2 in the Winter Black series is just as thrilling as the first. Twists and turns with clues coming in mysterious ways. Look forward to all of Winter Black’s stories. Mary Stone is quite the creative storyteller.
Chris
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I really like this series so far. The final “score” was set in my hometown, and I was a young adult when the real guy was the star of the show, so to speak. So I truly related to the story for sure! Will read the entire series, thanks for keeping it real and entertaining at the same time!
Deborah A Cox
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series of books

I have read 2 books in the series and can't wait to read the next one. Very good character development. Great plots. Different from other books I have read . I love the physic part of Winter's character. Highly recommend this author and this series of books. Keep them coming Mary.
Joan mooney
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked

I am totally hooked on Mary stones stories. I don’t like gore, being somewhat of a Pollyanna but these books are rich with intrigue. Threat are just gory enough to keep me reading. I am in love with Winter and her adversity an FBI agent. Keep them coming Ms Stone. You are an excellent writer.
Bonnie Matthews
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Erin
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Winter Black book 2

Winter is partnered with the less than cooperative Sun Ming to investigate a suspicious bank robbery which appears to be the beginning of a chain of robberies. And, of course, the Preacher is still out there somewhere.

Good second entry in the series. Currently available on Kindle Unlimited.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Girl in the Manor (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #3)
  • The Girl That Vanished (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #2)
  • The Girl and the Hunt (Emma Griffin #6)
  • The Girl Next Door (Emma Griffin FBI  Mystery #4)
  • The Girl and the Deadly End (Emma Griffin #7)
  • The Girl And The Deadly Express (Emma Griffin FBI Mysteries, #5)
  • The Dead Chill (Sidney Becker, #2)
  • The Killing Woods (Sidney Becker, #1)
  • The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Dangerous Waters (Emma Griffin FBI Mysteries, #8)
  • Gone Woman
  • See Her Die (Bree Taggert, #2)
  • It's Not Over (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Book 6)
  • Kill for Me (Detective Sara Hunt, #3)
  • Forget Me Not (Detective Sara Hunt, #2)
  • Silent Secrets (Whispering Pines Mystery, Book 7)
  • No Other Way (Harry Hunter Mystery, #3)
  • Painted Ladies (A Chase Adams FBI Thriller #7)
To download my FREE BOOK, click here: https://authormarystone.com/free-book...

Mary Stone lives among the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains of East Tennessee with her two dogs, four cats, a couple of energetic boys, and a very patient husband.

As a young girl, she would go to bed every night, wondering what type of creature might be lurking underneath. But instead of asking her parents to look for her,

Winter Black (9 books)
  • Winter's Mourn (Winter Black #1)
  • Winter's Redemption (Winter Black #3)
  • Winter's Rise (Winter Black #4)
  • Winter's Ghost (Winter Black #5)
  • Winter's Secret (Winter Black Series Book 6)
  • Winter's Web (Winter Black Series Book 7)
  • Winter's Storm (Winter Black #8)
  • Winter's End (Winter Black Series Book 9)