Start by marking “Beast” as Want to Read:
Beast

Beast

Falling out of a window didn't hurt as much as falling for her.

Tove Savage.

When the most beautiful girl in the world treats you like her dirty little secret, you’re reminded that beasts are meant to live in the dark.

Tove used me to get back at her boyfriend, breaking something inside that left a scar far deeper and uglier than the one marring my face.

Three years later Tove
Published 2020

To ask other readers questions about Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beast

Start your review of Beast
Suzannah
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beast by J.A. Wynters is a powerfully dark story of longing, betrayal, and love. Wynters hit it out of the park with this one. An intense story of pain and betrayal, Wynters gives her characters so many layers that make them touchable and realistic. Adrian is the young teenage boy who is permanently scarred in an accident. Tove Savage is the girl next door who he is in love with. I think Wynters does a fabulous job of depicting the difficult teenage years, especially for someone who is different ...more
KB Cinder
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy hunk. Can I take a bit of Adrian to go? Obviously, the cover and blurb drew me in because I'm a major Beauty & the Beast freak. Adrian didn't disappoint. He's a flawed hero with a heart of gold, and he's the shining star of the book. There are also some side characters that tickled my fancy.

I love J.A's writing style and adore her descriptors. I could wrap myself up in her words and use them as a blanket without issue.

My biggest issue came with the heroine, Tove. She, too, is flawed,
Pat Freeman
Beast by J A Wynters
I don’t care for fairytale retells but I have to admit I really enjoyed this one. You could almost say that this is a book about Karma and in a way it is and isn’t. The old saying “ love will find a way “ applies here. Long time friends growing up through heartache and sad times become estranged over some pretty bad/sad circumstances. They argue, she calls him a beast ! He loves her, she loves him, he leaves for 5 years and returns raring for revenge.
She has an accident ,
Ashlee
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Kirsty Ferguson
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading an early copy of Beast, a retelling of the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast.

The author has done it again with this fresh reimagining of a beloved favourite tale.

Adrian and Tove have a complicated relationship going back to when they were teenagers living next door to each other. The story is not a predictable progression and as the reader gets to know the characters, motivations become clearer.

When Tove falls into Adrian’s lap, he sees it as a sign. The author
Susan
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
As soon as I saw the cover and knew this was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast I had to read it. Scarred men are my weakness.

I absolutely adored Adrian as a young child and as an adult. My heart broke for him his pain was raw, I felt his anguish and suffering. I couldn't help but admire his resilience.
His love for Tove felt pure and genuine, even when he hated her.

I really wish I could've liked Tove more but I just couldn't.
I felt she was to easily manipulated and I wanted to shake her.

I kinda
ROMBookTalk
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
J.A. Wynters has a realistic retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It’s about as real as it can get in my opinion. It’s a story about two characters Tove and Adrian who both are beautiful messy. One is messed up on the outside and one in the inside. They both have to wade through the waters in their insecurities, peer pressure, and situations that life has dealt them. I really loved this story because both characters had their faults. It’s was fast read, it was not a bed of roses, but so worth ...more
Eleanor Merry
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I waffled on giving this a four star, but in the end I gave it the full five because by the half way mark I couldn't put it down. I've always been a sucker for a romance with an imperfect male character and this delivered; Adrien was perfect. I also love how Tove was imperfect too, I mean honestly I wanted to smack that girl a few times. The beginning took me a bit to get into, as the characters were younger at first, but it was all necessary to the story. The build up I enjoyed slightly less ...more
Micro
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much, for so many reasons. Wynters paints her characters with a brush of reality and forces us to see them for their ugliness. The beast in this book is not who you think, and in some ways it is, perhaps all her characters are marred by some internal or external scarring. This book has so many layers and her characters portray realistic traits that we can all relate to, desperation, obsession, betrayal, living life through everyone else's mirror, worrying about judgement. So ...more
Makala Key
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Beast isn't who you think!

While reading this book, I fell in love with Adrian. He will give you all the feels! I cried, laughed, and had every emotion in between. It's a shorter read but be ready for your heart to break for Adrian! He will capture you up in his web and not let you go!

Tove is a character like an I have never read before. You want to love and hate her at the same time! I know I did! She will keep you on your toes and have you asking "why, why, why?"

It does have a HEA but is
Mitch Please
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for a story that is both haunting and sweet. I went into reading this with caution--I am not big into retellings because let's be honest, nothing can live up to childhood memories of a singing teapot!--but I was pleasantly surprised! Or more like tearfully, LOL, as this story wrenched at my heartstrings.

This is less a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and more a story about a man who sees himself as a beast after an accident and must overcome that. We see his growth throughout his
A
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beast is inspired by Beauty and the Beast in a modern setting that spans years. While the magic is absent the real life situations have us following our mains Adrian and Tove from childhood and into adulthood and the tragedies that plague them. Adrian is more the wounded hero and Tove the vain love interest who has to learn to stand up for herself and be her own person. It was an interesting read but the characters were irksome at times.
Cathleen McKinney
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Broken, That is all I can put into words without giving away everything I want to say about this book!! JA Wynters did it again with her Amazing ability to write an amazing story, I was torn and pulled from the beginning, my feelings were ripped away in every sense as she always does!!! A great read, with some mental mind wonders and torn up hearts in between!!! I loved it!
Becca
Shelves: books-ive-arc
Second book I’ve read of this authors and once again I was beyond pleasantly surprised! A fantastic twist on beauty and the beast! I was sad the book ended where it did. I was throughly enjoying this store line and see what came next for them all! Especially if the Karma bus truly caught up to Tray!
Alexa
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stunning, stark and poetic.
from the very first words, Wynters pulls you into Adrian's world and she plays music with your soul strumming at your shattered heartstrings. This story brings out all the emotions - raw, captivating and heartfelt - All the stars - my new fav for 2020!
Denise Scott
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The emotional journey this story takes you to is unbelievable. Looks not being perfect is what this story is about . You can feel the cruelty that kids in high school treat other with . You can feel the peer pressure and the writing broke my heart .
Misty Sorg
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love finding new authors that can draw you into the story. This story definitely pulled on my heartstrings. I also love a new twist on an old tale. This was definitely that. I was absorbed within moments and couldn’t wait to see what happened.
Sara Callaway
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I couldn't get past my dislike for the heroine so I didn't get passed 35%. The real Beast in my opinion is Tove, the heroine. The beauty in Adrian is overshadowed by his scarred exterior. I have never disliked a heroine as much as this one.
Lavarila
Shelves: romance
Pretty good
Quanny Hampton
Feb 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Tove was extremely annoying and shallow
Rix
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved Adrian, great character but Tove was weak as piss. I truly hoped that Adrian finds a better lady to love and Tove is just a bad experience from his youth that he needs and will get over.
Dawn Schlicher
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A few slow parts but overall a good book. Didn't expect the ending at all! I recommend this book to anyone that likes romance with a twist
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
I liked this story, and loved the beautiful quote from her mother left on a voice message. I really like Adrian he was broody and intense. How could a girl not fall for him? I just couldn’t get past my dislike of the heroine. She didn’t have enough redeeming qualities. The ending was sweet though.
I did get all caught up in the story. I recommend this book
Lissanne Jones
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is an interesting, unique retelling of the old fairytale. It's not the usual kind of romance I reach for - I'm not into dark romances as a rule - but I'm glad I read this one. Adrian and Tove meet as children when Tove and her family move in next door, but an accident leaves Adrian with scars that are more than just visible on his body. He is bullied and harrassed at school, but Tove quickly becomes his best friend because she's the only one who bothers to look beyond the scars. They ...more
SunShine
Feb 17, 2020
Blandine Gensonnie
Feb 18, 2020
Sonjipants
rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2020
Feb 22, 2020
Tabitha Moore
Feb 15, 2020

• I Said Yes
  • Brutal & Raw (Beneventi Family, #1)
  • Heart Thief (Black Market Billionaire #1)
  • Mad, Bad, and Dangerous in Plaid (Scandalous Highlanders, #3)
  • The Devil's Queen: Book One In The Devil's Army Series
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Breach of Contract (Kavanagh Family #1)
  • According to Plan
  • Cracked Sapphire
  • Truth or Dare (Kingston Brothers #2)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • To Woo a Highland Warrior (Heart of a Scot Book 4)
  • The Third MacPherson Sister
  • Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2)
  • Lies Lies Lies
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Duke I'm Going to Marry (Farthingale, #2)
  • Mantrum
Jane Wynters doesn’t quite know how to answer the question of “where are you from?” She’s moved from place to place like a snowflake on the wind always searching for a safe place to land. She loves meeting new people and exploring new places. She loves reading, writing and conjuring new worlds from her imagination