Start by marking “You Deserve Each Other” as Want to Read:
You Deserve Each Other

You Deserve Each Other

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  28,062 ratings  ·  5,540 reviews
When your nemesis also happens to be your fiancé, happily ever after becomes a lot more complicated in this wickedly funny, lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy debut.

Naomi Westfield has the perfect fiancé: Nicholas Rose holds doors open for her, remembers her restaurant orders, and comes from the kind of upstanding society family any bride would love to be a part o
Published April 7th 2020 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about You Deserve Each Other, please sign up.
Aakanksha(call me asha) No, it not steamy.However there is one sex scene towards the end.
From what I read I don't think it'll come out until early 2020, but if you sign up on netgalley.com you can get an arc of it, that's what I'm doing ri…moreFrom what I read I don't think it'll come out until early 2020, but if you sign up on netgalley.com you can get an arc of it, that's what I'm doing right now and so far it's great!(less)

·  28,062 ratings  ·  5,540 reviews

Start your review of You Deserve Each Other
emma
works every time.

desperately trying to stave off post-sarah hogle release depression with lily

--------------

serotonin: peaking

buddy (re)read with my taste twin and the one who has to cave to peer pressure

--------------

The best things in the world are as follows:
- when you perfectly toast a bagel. I mean we all know how easy it is to underdo that bad boy so it’s still a weird squishy bread circle or even more likely, burn that baby till it’s glorified charcoal but when you really find that sweet
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four let’s make a party to congratulate we have a new evil-genius, sarcastic writer in the town who knows how to write a great mean romantic comedy stars!!!

I think promoting this book as a great choice for the fans of “Hating Games” might be wrong. Only thing there is similar with Sally Thorne’s book is “HATING”part. The characters are not colleagues. This is not slow burn enemies to lovers story. They’re already engaged. This could be best defined as friends-lovers-enemies-friends-again lovers
Kat
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
i appreciate the message that this story provides about putting work into your relationship and going the extra mile for your partner. plus, some of the last 30% was pretty cute.

BUT

this couple was...hard to care about. rather than the flirty, snappy banter that i associate with enemies to lovers; naomi and nicholas spent much of this book being childish, manipulative, and vindictive towards each other. they fucked around and pushed boundaries instead of just having a conversation about the probl
 Teodora
5/5 "this book cracked me up" ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺
description

Not having any idea what this whole book was about except for the few exciting prompts that the synopsis promised, I dove head-first into it and boy, that was an experience I wasn’t expecting.

I mean, yeah, by now I realised that enemies-to-lovers tropes are my jam, but lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers plot with insanely good comedy? Sweet baby Jesus, YES.

Given the fact that this was my fifth rom-com novel of the week, I t
Christy
5 stars

photo 6A30D0D7-95BB-4FCD-B0BA-FC5A4BE7A67C_zpssvz2xjrv.jpg

You Deserve Each Other is Sarah Hogle's debut novel and it blew me I away! I haven't laughed so hard or felt so much while reading in quiet a while. Definitely one of the best books I've read this year.

Naomi is in a rut. She's engaged, but half the time she doesn't even know if she wants to be with her fiancé anymore. Too bad the wedding planning is so far along, or else she'd probably call it quits. Her mother-in-law to be is a nightmare and she's finding it hard to tell if her fian
jessica
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
you know the feeling when you discover a new trope, you love it, and now you want to read all the books that have it? thats me right now. this whole ‘refalling back in love’ theme is both the cause and cure for my heart arrhythmias.

seriously, have i been living under a rock? why is this trope not more popular? the whole process of two people trying to remember why they fell in love with each other can go in so many good directions. in the case of this novel, its cute and fun and flirty and touc
Arini
May 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

It is a truth universally acknowledged that the enemies to lovers trope—of which I pride myself in being a true fan—is SUPERIOR. You Deserve Each Other takes the ‘hating you to loving you’ debacle to the NEXT LEVEL. It’s glowing with bitterness that only a special someone (who’s not me) can absorb. I’m not overstating when I say I’m tremendously devastated by how much of a disappointment this book is.

Nicholas and Naomi are engaged. But they’re having a not so little trouble in paradise.
Warda
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I woke up thinking about this book this morning and already wanting to reread and that alone warrants it a 5 star. It’s safe to say I am obsessed with it.

But if you need reasons to pick it up then I have some, I guess. This is generally a trope that works for me. I enjoy second-chance love stories. I enjoy seeing what makes a couple fall in love again, or in this case, save their relationship as well.
There are always a whole load of factors that come into play when a relationship almost breaks
Anne
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The Carole Baskin in us all
I'm not sure I've ever laughed that hard while reading a book.
Ever.
Like, out loud with tears running down my face. Not even kidding a little bit.
Ok, and that may be because the timing on this was nigh on perfect. I was very much in the mood to Carole Baskin my husband when I came across this book, and it hit me directly in the funnybone.

description

See, my spouse & I were at the time going several rounds over this hideous thing he did to our mailbox after a few too many Margaritas.
He got this brilliant idea
✨ A ✨
First Read June 2020

Thank you to Sarah Hogle for blessing 2020 with my new favourite comfort book. It's been days since I've finished this one and I'm not gonna lie-I'm having serious withdrawals.

“Enjoy your Thanksgiving!” he calls over his shoulder.
“You two are assholes!” she calls back. “You deserve each other.”
I send her a thumbs-up. “Thanks!”

Naomi and Nicholas are that perfect couple. The one who everyone envies. The one who's sickeningly cute instagram posts make you hate and love them
Angelica
I read this book three times in one week. I think that should tell you something. I hope that something is: PICK UP THIS BOOK!!!

This book is marketed for fans of The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.

And they are so right because this book is like The Hating Game turned up to eleven! Naomi and Nicholas were hilarious in their efforts to mess with each other. The length they went to were both juvenile and petty and I loved every second of it!

Mixed in with all their pranks and not so subtle jabs at each
chan ☆
this book is genuinely bizarre. i'm still struck by how it was written like a thriller. but i also didn't hate it. more thoughts later. ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This book was an absolute delight. If you're looking for a true NEMESIS to lovers situation, look no further. I haven't seen this much true angst since The Hating Game and trust me when I say I was LIVING FOR IT. This book was full of exactly the kind of lighthearted sass that I needed this week and I had SO MUCH FUN reading it. 10/10 do recommend. ...more
preoccupiedbybooks
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
A second chance lovers-to-enemies-to - lovers story about being honest and communicating with your partner when you're in a relationship.

I have to be honest here, I really disliked the first half of this book! I picked it up for a romantic read for valentines day, but it made me feel bitter and annoyed, and I almost DNFed it multiple times. I stuck with it because it had so many glowing reviews, and luckily it did get better in the second half of the book.
description
The reason that I hated the first half o
Joel Rochester
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2021, four-stars
I was a little apprehensive at the beginning as it was hard for me to connect with the characters and was a little frustrated with the miscommunication. They both were immature douchebags but to be fair, the pranks were pretty funny. At first, I had no idea whether I was reading the same book that everyone else was hyping up so much!

But the more I got through the novel, the more I began to fall in love with the journeys that Naomi and Nicholas were going on — a true lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Putnam Books for the free copy in exchange for an honest review
"You two are assholes!" she calls back. "You deserve each other."

4.5 stars! Oh my gosh! This book... this book was such a joy to read. I heard about it back in November and I had been waiting since then to read it. It was so worth the wait.

So, what's this book about?
♛ may
This book is my serotonin, it’s my ride or die, it’s the smell of cookies baking in the oven, it’s my happy place that I keep coming back to when life sucks

It’s perfect

For all of you who have been debating over whether friends-to-lovers vs. enemies-to-lovers is superior, let me raise you,

lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers

I promise, it doesn’t get better than this

✨ everything I say in this review is 100% factual and based on science as I have reread the book and tried and tested all the theories ✨

Y
theburqaavenger➹
dnf @ chapter 13

Yaaaaaasssssssssssss dis bitch done. I'm not gonna complete it. nope nope nope nope nope nope NOPE. This was stupid and it tried to steal my brain cells. My brain cells!!!!
I didn't complete this book. So i shouldn't be writing a review/giving it one star but i tried my dudes i tried.
Everyone is on gr like:

So i thought i'd give this chance. But i should have known it was stupid because hey wasn't this for the fans of The Hating Game?...........which i hated (of course)

*sighs*

L
Heather
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gah this book.
It starts off with Naomi really despising her fiancee and honestly, she's not the best character. She's self absorbed, and spiteful.
So from the beginning I thought I would hate this book because of that but she grows, she learns to care and love and gah by the end I loved it.
This book is about a couple that falls out of love and into hate and works on loving each other again and it was so much fun to read!
peachygirl
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
This was everything a romcom ought to be!

The first half was basically Naomi and Nicholas trying to piss each there off to see who backs out of the engagement first. Naomi was super sarcastic, Nicholas was overbearing and both of them were so damn entertaining. I was laughing my ass off over their tactics.

Nicholas's mom was an absolute nightmare, totally a monster-in-law 2.0. She tested Naomi's patience over and over again. And mine because I was waiting for Naomi to snap back or Nicky to stan
♛ may
"talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before"

rtc ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2020 Mood: read a disgusting amount of romance books to really put my singleness in perspective

buddy read with menna 💕💕
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of lovers-to-enemies-to-friends-to-lovers (yes, it's very specific)
Edit 13/04 : I'm so obsessed with this book that I went and wrote my most over-the-top post to date. I guess it's fitting??? *hides*

(Click on the picture to read)
_____________

It's such a bummer that now I have to miss his stupid, adorable face when he's gone.

Edit 12/04 : I'm smiling so big, it's ridiculous 😭 my chaotic faves 🥺🥺🥺 I love them so much 😭 (really though, I can't believe I stan a dentist)

_____________

Ugh. Naomi and Nicholas are positively appalling, petty and immature. Ugh. I
Jilly
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been with my husband for over 30 years now, and I actually still like him. Most days. But, you need to realize that it is a battle. Read the Art of War before marriage, not some stupid romantic bullshit.

I noticed there is no wood chipper option. I wonder why?

You will need it to establish your borders. And, then you have to defend them as if it were the last piece of pie. Because, you let them get away with taking that last piece of pie once, and suddenly they think they get the last piece
Melissa
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melissa by: Haley
Shelves: romance, 2020
How great would it be, to get a second chance?

Enemies to lovers might be a well-loved and common romance genre trope, but You Deserve Each Other offers up somewhat of a different approach. A cynically comical battle of wits, Sarah Hogle’s debut explores one couple’s tempestuous ride on the relationship rollercoaster: from lovers-to-enemies, and back to lovers.

Readers are introduced to the future Roses—Naomi and Nicholas—mere months before their trip down the aisle. Her Instagram feed conve
EmBibliophile
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

Waw this book is heavily triggering for someone with commitment issues like me. Now I know I’m not getting married anytime soon. What was supposed to be a fun read, ended up being so traumatizing. These two are evil! And this is coming from someone who lived with 3 sisters her whole life, so trust me I know what pure evil is!

This book was supposed to be made for me. I pick these type of books blindly. I went into it expecting some light fun time, but it was just sad. This was just so s
She-who-must-not-be-named
I c a n' t k e e p i t t o g e t h e r.

My nerves are both fluttering with delirium and anguish and I need to catalog every detail about this book. I wonder if it's possible to laugh out loud until my voice sounds as high pitched as a whistle and at the same time weep until I forget to breathe and hold myself together. Maybe this is what it feels like to be hyper.

Full review to come.
Jessica
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Yeah, this wasn't for me. I think if we got Nicholas's perspective and saw how much he really loved Naomi, I would have enjoyed this. But Naomi literally despises Nicholas for a majority of this book and I had no idea why these two people were ever together in the first place. I wish we had some flashbacks or scenes of them in love at the beginning so we understood the love that had rooted their relationship. Also, it made me uncomfortable how much Naomi and Nicholas messed with each other. If I ...more
may ➹
no YOU stayed up until 5am to watch these two idiot fiancés fall in love with each other for the second time

// buddy read with my two faves who threatened murder if I don’t like this
Ari
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon | Waterstones

Thank you NetGalley and G.P. Putnam's Sons for this ARC. All thoughts and opinions are mine.

How great would it be,
to get a second chance?

Once upon a blue moon, I read romance books like they were potato chips and I was suffering from a deficiency. Over time, other genres trickled into my preferences list, and reading romance books stopped being so much about quantity and more about quality.

I either became jaded, or I lost the rose-tinted glas
Rachel (LoverofTBR)
Notes
Here’s to another chaotic buddy read with Rue, Tani, Mrin, and Areeba! 🥂

Rating
4 ‘pettiness and miscommunication galore’ 🌟

Song Recommendation
Mat Aazma Re with English translation!

Hum zaar zaar rote hain
I cry like a river
Khud se khafa bhi hote hain
I am even saddened by myself
Hum ye pehle kyun na samjhe tum fakht mere?
Why did I not understand this earlier that you are only mine?
Dil ka qaraar khote hain
The patience of the heart is lost
Kahaan chain se bhi sote hain
I don’t even sleep
YA Buddy Readers'...: You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle - Starting June 23rd 2020 41 41 Oct 08, 2020 08:53PM
Bookworm Binches: Thoughts on YDEO 5 23 Aug 15, 2020 01:42PM
Buddies Needed!: You Deserve Each Other 4 28 Jul 13, 2020 02:05AM
Bookworm Binches: New book! huzzah 2 8 May 17, 2020 08:35AM

• An Heiress to Remember (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #3)
  • The Roxy Letters
  • Every Reason We Shouldn't (Every Reason We Shouldn't, #1)
  • Of Literature and Lattes
  • Admission
  • The Lineup (The Brentwood Boys, #3)
  • A Love Hate Thing
  • This Won't End Well
  • Love, Unscripted
  • Just As You Are
  • Last Couple Standing
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • So We Can Glow: Stories
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • Little Secrets
  • The Neighbours
  • The Love Solution
A mom of three in southern Ohio, Sarah Hogle spends her free time planning weird pranks and hoping for a haunted castle to call her own. She is the author of You Deserve Each Other.

Articles featuring this book

“I’m a miserable cynic (a newer development) and a dreamy romantic (always have been), and it’s such a terrible combination that I don’t know how to tolerate myself.” 97 likes
“But you still haven't said you love me."
"That's not true."
"You haven't."
"I say it all the time, I just say it very, very quietly. I tell you when you're in another room, or right after we hang up the phone. I tell you when you've got headphones on. I say it after you shut the door behind you. I say it in my head every time you look at me.”
63 likes