Start by marking “You Deserve Each Other” as Want to Read:
You Deserve Each Other

You Deserve Each Other

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  14,966 ratings  ·  3,454 reviews
When your nemesis also happens to be your fiancé, happily ever after becomes a lot more complicated in this wickedly funny, lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy debut.

Naomi Westfield has the perfect fiancé: Nicholas Rose holds doors open for her, remembers her restaurant orders, and comes from the kind of upstanding society family any bride would love to be a part o
Published April 7th 2020 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about You Deserve Each Other, please sign up.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·
 ·  14,966 ratings  ·  3,454 reviews

Start your review of You Deserve Each Other
Nilufer Ozmekik
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four let’s make a party to congratulate we have a new evil-genius, sarcastic writer in the town who knows how to write a great mean romantic comedy stars!!!

I think promoting this book as a great choice for the fans of “Hating Games” might be wrong. Only thing there is similar with Sally Thorne’s book is “HATING”part. The characters are not colleagues. This is not slow burn enemies to lovers story. They’re already engaged. This could be best defined as friends-lovers-enemies-friends-again lovers
emma
serotonin: peaking

buddy (re)read with my taste twin and the one who has to cave to peer pressure

--------------

The best things in the world are as follows:
- when you perfectly toast a bagel. I mean we all know how easy it is to underdo that bad boy so it’s still a weird squishy bread circle or even more likely, burn that baby till it’s glorified charcoal but when you really find that sweet spot...(chef’s kiss)
- baking cookies and then eating them while they’re still warm, and then you eat a whole
jessica
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
you know the feeling when you discover a new trope, you love it, and now you want to read all the books that have it? thats me right now. this whole ‘refalling back in love’ theme is both the cause and cure for my heart arrhythmias.

seriously, have i been living under a rock? why is this trope not more popular? the whole process of two people trying to remember why they fell in love with each other can go in so many good directions. in the case of this novel, its cute and fun and flirty and touc
 Teodora
5/5 "this book cracked me up" ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺

Not having any idea what this whole book was about except for the few exciting prompts that the synopsis promised, I dove head-first into it and boy, that was an experience I wasn’t expecting.

I mean, yeah, by now I realised that enemies-to-lovers tropes are my jam, but lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers plot with insanely good comedy? Sweet baby Jesus, YES.

Given the fact that this was my fifth rom-com novel of the week, I thoug
Christy
5 stars

photo 6A30D0D7-95BB-4FCD-B0BA-FC5A4BE7A67C_zpssvz2xjrv.jpg

You Deserve Each Other is Sarah Hogle's debut novel and it blew me I away! I haven't laughed so hard or felt so much while reading in quiet a while. Definitely one of the best books I've read this year.

Naomi is in a rut. She's engaged, but half the time she doesn't even know if she wants to be with her fiancé anymore. Too bad the wedding planning is so far along, or else she'd probably call it quits. Her mother-in-law to be is a nightmare and she's finding it hard to tell if her fian
Arini
May 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

It is a truth universally acknowledged that the enemies to lovers trope—of which I pride myself in being a true fan—is SUPERIOR. You Deserve Each Other takes the ‘hating you to loving you’ debacle to the NEXT LEVEL. It’s glowing with bitterness that only a special someone (who’s not me) can absorb. I’m not overstating when I say I’m tremendously devastated by how much of a disappointment this book is.

Nicholas and Naomi are engaged. But they’re having a not so little trouble in paradise.
Warda
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I woke up thinking about this book this morning and already wanting to reread and that alone warrants it a 5 star. It’s safe to say I am obsessed with it.

But if you need reasons to pick it up then I have some, I guess. This is generally a trope that works for me. I enjoy second-chance love stories. I enjoy seeing what makes a couple fall in love again, or in this case, save their relationship as well.
There are always a whole load of factors that come into play when a relationship almost breaks
Anne
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: The Carole Baskin in us all
I'm not sure I've ever laughed that hard while reading a book.
Ever.
Like, out loud with tears running down my face. Not even kidding a little bit.
Ok, and that may be because the timing on this was nigh on perfect. I was very much in the mood to Carole Baskin my husband when I came across this book, and it hit me directly in the funnybone.

description

See, my spouse & I were at the time going several rounds over this hideous thing he did to our mailbox after a few too many Margaritas.
He got this brilliant idea
Angelica
I read this book three times in one week. I think that should tell you something. I hope that something is: PICK UP THIS BOOK!!!

This book is marketed for fans of The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.

And they are so right because this book is like The Hating Game turned up to eleven! Naomi and Nicholas were hilarious in their efforts to mess with each other. The length they went to were both juvenile and petty and I loved every second of it!

Mixed in with all their pranks and not so subtle jabs at each
✨ A ✨
Thank you to Sarah Hogle for blessing 2020 with my new favourite comfort book. It's been days since I've finished this one and I feel like I'm having withdrawals.

“Enjoy your Thanksgiving!” he calls over his shoulder.
“You two are assholes!” she calls back. “You deserve each other.”
I send her a thumbs-up. “Thanks!”

Naomi and Nicholas are that perfect couple. The one who everyone envies. The one who's sickeningly cute instagram posts make you hate and love them at the same time.

What started out
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This book was an absolute delight. If you're looking for a true NEMESIS to lovers situation, look no further. I haven't seen this much true angst since The Hating Game and trust me when I say I was LIVING FOR IT. This book was full of exactly the kind of lighthearted sass that I needed this week and I had SO MUCH FUN reading it. 10/10 do recommend.
preoccupiedbybooks
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
A second chance lovers-to-enemies-to - lovers story about being honest and communicating with your partner when you're in a relationship.

I have to be honest here, I really disliked the first half of this book! I picked it up for a romantic read for valentines day, but it made me feel bitter and annoyed, and I almost DNFed it multiple times. I stuck with it because it had so many glowing reviews, and luckily it did get better in the second half of the book.
description
The reason that I hated the first half o
Heather
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gah this book.
It starts off with Naomi really despising her fiancee and honestly, she's not the best character. She's self absorbed, and spiteful.
So from the beginning I thought I would hate this book because of that but she grows, she learns to care and love and gah by the end I loved it.
This book is about a couple that falls out of love and into hate and works on loving each other again and it was so much fun to read!
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Putnam Books for the free copy in exchange for an honest review
"You two are assholes!" she calls back. "You deserve each other."

4.5 stars! Oh my gosh! This book... this book was such a joy to read. I heard about it back in November and I had been waiting since then to read it. It was so worth the wait.

So, what's this book about?
may ❀
This book is my serotonin, it’s my ride or die, it’s the smell of cookies baking in the oven, it’s my happy place that I keep coming back to when life sucks

It’s perfect

For all of you who have been debating over whether friends-to-lovers vs. enemies-to-lovers is superior, let me raise you,

lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers

I promise, it doesn’t get better than this

✨ everything I say in this review is 100% factual and based on science as I have reread the book and tried and tested all the theories ✨

Y
may ❀
"talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before"

rtc ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2020 Mood: read a disgusting amount of romance books to really put my singleness in perspective

buddy read with menna 💕💕
theburqaavenger➹
dnf @ chapter 13

Yaaaaaasssssssssssss dis bitch done. I'm not gonna complete it. nope nope nope nope nope nope NOPE. This was stupid and it tried to steal my brain cells. My brain cells!!!!
I didn't complete this book. So i shouldn't be writing a review/giving it one star but i tried my dudes i tried.
Everyone is on gr like:

So i thought i'd give this chance. But i should have known it was stupid because hey wasn't this for the fans of The Hating Game?...........which i hated (of course)

*sighs*

L
EmBibliophile
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

Waw this book is heavily triggering for someone with commitment issues like me. Now I know I’m not getting married anytime soon. What was supposed to be a fun read, ended up being so traumatizing. These two are evil! And this is coming from someone who lived with 3 sisters her whole life, so trust me I know what pure evil is!

This book was supposed to be made for me. I pick these type of books blindly. I went into it expecting some light fun time, but it was just sad. This was just so s
peachygirl
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was everything a romcom ought to be!

The first half was basically Naomi and Nicholas trying to piss each there off to see who backs out of the engagement first. Naomi was super sarcastic, Nicholas was overbearing and both of them were so damn entertaining. I was laughing my ass off over their tactics.

Nicholas's mom was an absolute nightmare, totally a monster-in-law 2.0. She tested Naomi's patience over and over again. And mine because I was waiting for Naomi to snap back or Nicky to stan
Ari
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon | Waterstones

Thank you NetGalley and G.P. Putnam's Sons for this ARC. All thoughts and opinions are mine.

How great would it be,
to get a second chance?

Once upon a blue moon, I read romance books like they were potato chips and I was suffering from a deficiency. Over time, other genres trickled into my preferences list, and reading romance books stopped being so much about quantity and more about quality.

I either became jaded, or I lost the rose-tinted glas
may ➹
no YOU stayed up until 5am to watch these two idiot fiancés fall in love with each other for the second time

// buddy read with my two faves who threatened murder if I don’t like this
Jessica
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
Yeah, this wasn't for me. I think if we got Nicholas's perspective and saw how much he really loved Naomi, I would have enjoyed this. But Naomi literally despises Nicholas for a majority of this book and I had no idea why these two people were ever together in the first place. I wish we had some flashbacks or scenes of them in love at the beginning so we understood the love that had rooted their relationship. Also, it made me uncomfortable how much Naomi and Nicholas messed with each other. If I ...more
Rachel (LoverofTBR)
Notes
Here’s to another chaotic buddy read with Rue, Tani, Mrin, and Areeba! 🥂

Rating
4 ‘pettiness and miscommunication galore’ 🌟

Song Recommendation
Mat Aazma Re with English translation!

Hum zaar zaar rote hain
I cry like a river
Khud se khafa bhi hote hain
I am even saddened by myself
Hum ye pehle kyun na samjhe tum fakht mere?
Why did I not understand this earlier that you are only mine?
Dil ka qaraar khote hain
The patience of the heart is lost
Kahaan chain se bhi sote hain
I don’t even sleep
Tara ☽
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is The Hating Game if The Hating Game snorted three lines of cocaine and drank thirty cups of coffee and also had ADHD
Kelly⁷
I'm in love with this book, this is the most perfect romantic relationship I have ever read and I will forever treasure it in my heart.

This book became my favorite since the early pages, it has a soul and I love it so very much.

Okay, I'm really emotional right now and I will love to write a review but I think people should know nothing about this book except its a 'lovers to enemies to lovers' and it's the only full-circle story you need to heal from heartache.

This book made me happy and I lov
mina reads™️
When will i find my Nicholas?

Edit: I’ve decided to bump this up to five stars because I cannot stop thinking about naomi and nicholas
Larry H
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

My name is Larry and I am addicted to sappy rom-coms. The latest object of my addiction? Sarah Hogle's You Deserve Each Other .

Naomi and Nicholas are engaged to be married. If you look at their Instagram photos or watch them in public, you can see just how much they’re in love. The thing is, though, at least where Naomi
Mrinmayi
When Mrin & her girls finally completed this BR successfully...

Just in case you are wondering why there are just 4 girls in the gif...when there were 5 of us in the BR
That's because thebabyofourgroup decided to ABANDON us midway..
Do you guys think I will have Buddy read abandonment issues now??!!

Anyways...I am a petty person & I won't add "someone" who abandoned us midway...

Ohh....this was supposed to be a review..not my passive-aggressive jabs

Hmm...now what went wrong with this book other than
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Christy
4.5 stars!

What to say about this book? It had me actually laughing out loud like a maniac while I was reading it. This is the book you read when you want to forget about real life and your problems. I would pitch this book as conceptually similar to the film How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, but instead both people in the relationship are trying to get the other to break up with them so they don’t have to foot the massive wedding bill.

Like I said before, this book was the perfect escape from rea
myo 🍒 (myonna reads)
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
this book made me laugh so much while also making me feel so lonely. they had such amazing banter while still managing to have such heart wrenching moments. i love how from Naomi’s perspectives you think that Nick is the villain here when in reality the only villain is their lack of communication. never thought i would love a second chance romance this much. but from the hilarious pranks they played on each other to watching them fall in love again, this book was just so amazing and fun to read. ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle - Starting June 23rd 2020 9 24 Sep 05, 2020 07:15AM
Bookworm Binches: Thoughts on YDEO 5 14 Aug 15, 2020 01:42PM
Buddies Needed!: You Deserve Each Other 4 21 Jul 13, 2020 02:05AM
Bookworm Binches: New book! huzzah 2 5 May 17, 2020 08:35AM

• Beach Read
  • The Worst Best Man
  • An Heiress to Remember (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #3)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The Roxy Letters
  • Every Reason We Shouldn't (Every Reason We Shouldn't, #1)
  • Of Literature and Lattes
  • This Won't End Well
  • Love, Unscripted
  • Just As You Are
  • Last Couple Standing
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • So We Can Glow: Stories
Sarah Hogle is a stay-at-home mom who spends her free time planning weird pranks. Her dream is to live in a falling-apart castle in a forest that is probably cursed. You Deserve Each Other is her debut novel.

Articles featuring this book

Are you worried you've missed your perfect match? Your perfect romance novel match, that is. Don't worry; we're here for you. We've got ice cream,...
“I’m a miserable cynic (a newer development) and a dreamy romantic (always have been), and it’s such a terrible combination that I don’t know how to tolerate myself.” 70 likes
“You wanna give me some space?” “Well, you’re not saying anything.” “I’m talking to myself right now. Give us a minute.” 23 likes