Jump to ratings and reviews

The Cowboy's Unexpected Baby

From bachelorhood to fatherhood…in an instant!

First comes baby, then comes… love ?Now this cowboy is in over his head.

Rancher and lawyer Garrett Cole wants a family—eventually. Until he finds a sweet newborn abandoned on his doorstep. If it weren’t for Abby Scott, the social worker temporarily working in his office, he’d be lost. But when their attraction grows deeper, can this cowboy dad risk his heart on a woman who might not be in town for good?

Triple Creek Cowboys

17 books23 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews
Profile Image for Paula.
535 reviews7 followers
April 13, 2020
I enjoyed this one so much. Garrett is a lawyer and rancher who finds an abandoned newborn on his porch with papers naming him the guardian. Abby is working temporarily as a social worker, taking time off from her disaster relief work. She’s new to town and she’s working in Garrett’s office. Abby helps Garrett with baby Charlotte since he seems completely lost as to what to do. The two become attracted to each other and their romance is very sweet. I loved the small-town setting of the story. The whole cast of characters were extremely likable and relatable. And Abby’s therapy dog, Elvis, was a darling. Such a lovely story.
2,740 reviews1,724 followers
April 17, 2020
First -- let's all give in to a collective sigh over that cover. Is that cuteness overload or what? Meet Garrett Cole and wee Charlotte. She showed up on his doorstep one morning -- and no, she isn't his baby! Watching Garrett fumble through his intro to all things pink was so much fun! Kinda melted my heart, in fact. Abby's too -- though she's determined to keep her distance. Ha! Like she could resist for long. I was a goner on page two.

This is the second book in the Triple Creek Cowboys series but it reads fine as a standalone. However, if you read The Cowboy's Twin Surprise, you'll be be happy to catch up with Devin and Lacey and their brood while enjoying more brotherly banter and hijinks. And there's still one more brother to go. Happy sigh.

And did I mention Elvis is in the building? In the form of a golden retriever therapy dog. And there's goats and kittens and lots of heartwarming. laughter-inducing, emotion-rallying moments that make this such a memorable and enjoyable contemporary romance.
785 reviews
May 12, 2020
Garrett Cole is a family lawyer and law guardian to foster children. When one of them who had aged out of the system leaves her two week old baby girl, complete with legal papers, on his porch early one morning, Garrett is stunned. He's a bachelor with a heart of compassion, so though he's scared to death of taking care of Charlotte, he quickly falls in love with the tiny charmer. When he takes her to work with him, he meets Abby Scott, a friend of his law partner, Wynn Grant, who will be sharing their office space. Abby is a social worker on a disaster relief team who was injured on her last assignment and needs time to heal, both physically and mentally. She will work as the town social worker on a short term grant, along with her therapy dog, Elvis. As Abby is thrust into helping care for Charlotte, who she quickly falls in love with, she and Garrett start to fall for each other, but not without some problems. This is an enjoyable romance.
1,833 reviews3 followers
March 1, 2020
Good Read

A really good enjoyable read.This is a nice comfortable Sunday afternoon story full of romance and laughter and 💘.I had a good time reading it.
Profile Image for Pam Jackson-gorsline.
655 reviews2 followers
April 4, 2020
Unexpected Baby

This is a good story with many twists and turns that keeps you reading. The characters were complex and interesting.
Profile Image for Deb Whitney.
160 reviews1 follower
August 13, 2021
Garrett Cole is a rancher and a lawyer who hopes to have a family - someday. That someday comes sooner than he planned when a sweet newborn is left abandoned on his doorstep! In the bottom of the diaper bag he found a letter telling him the baby's name is Charlotte and she is two weeks old. "Who thought is was a good idea to leave a two-week-old baby with me?" Not only that but the letter names him as Guardian of the infant! "His brother laughed. "Well...this will put a damper on your merry-go-round of girlfriends.""
Enter Abby Scott. She'd taken a temporary grant-funded job as the town social worker. She and her golden retriever, Elvis, are about to meet Garrett as her new temporary office is in his office.
As sparks begin to fly, each of them must let go of their fear and need for control in order to step into the wonderful future God has planned for them.

Beautiful sweet romance! Great story by awesome author Stephanie Dees!
Highly recommend!
Profile Image for Elaine Applebury.
494 reviews3 followers
March 28, 2020
This is a nice, feel good read! Stephanie Dees did a great job of incorporating the characters pasts and bringing them to the present. There were laugh out loud moments, suspenseful moments, and some heartfelt moments. Who knew a baby on a doorstep could lead to such? This is the second book in Triple Creek Cowboys series. This was Garrett's story. I'm looking forward to reading Tanner's story!
232 reviews1 follower
Read
August 13, 2020
This is a sweet romance with just enough conflict to keep it interesting and realistic. This was my first novel by Stephanie Dees, but it won't be my last. I look forward to reading more from her, as I really love how she describes her characters.
Profile Image for Dorel.
3,821 reviews32 followers
April 18, 2021
This is the 3rd book I read by Stephanie Dees. I enjoyed this book's storyline. Some parts of story made me laugh 😂. I really liked the Christian theme in this story. I really liked Abby's character. I really liked Garrett's character. I loved ❤ Charlotte. I really the ending.
Profile Image for Andi.
97 reviews1 follower
March 17, 2020
Wonderfully uplifting story of finding true love amidst forgiveness, faith, and more hope than anything else. Rancher Garrett Cole becomes a dad overnight and falls in love shortly thereafter. I loved his happy ending with Abby Scott! She too needed to find her roots and her happiness.
Profile Image for Holly LaPat.
129 reviews1 follower
February 27, 2020
I don't know how she does it, but Stephanie Dees writes a different hero every time. Garrett Cole just might be my favorite one yet -- just a little bit awkward and off-center, which makes him the perfect foil for finding a baby left on his doorstep. Fortunately the right heroine comes along to help him wade his way through unexpected fatherhood. Abby Scott is in town temporarily, with a golden retriever, Elvis, in tow. Elvis is a therapy dog trained by Abby to give comfort to children in disaster areas. But Abby has visited so many disasters she's in need of some comforting herself. Somehow Garrett and his new foster baby, Charlotte, seem to fit the bill. It's a heartwarming story of forgiveness and healing. Highly recommended!
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.