Start by marking “The Amish Teacher's Dilemma (North Country Amish #3)” as Want to Read:
The Amish Teacher's Dilemma (North Country Amish #3)

The Amish Teacher's Dilemma

(North Country Amish #3)

The teacher next door could be the mother they need

Will she return to her old lifeor risk everything to build a new one?

Published March 1st 2020 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about The Amish Teacher's Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amish Teacher's Dilemma

Start your review of The Amish Teacher's Dilemma (North Country Amish #3)
Robin Loves Reading
Eva Coblentz is excited to become a teacher in a newly formed Amish school. The community in northern Maine is relatively new and until now, the children have been attending an English school. As Eva is getting settled, she soon meets one of her neighbors, Willis Gingrich, a blacksmith. She discovers that Willis is raising his three younger siblings. Their parents were killed in an accident and now Willis is their guardian. All three children will be Eva's students.

It doesn't take long for Eva
Maureen Timerman
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This is a sweet book to get lost in. I loved that this young woman is finally able to have a life of her own, now at 30 she has changed states, moving from Ohio to Maine, and going to earn a living, becoming a teacher.
The author also gives us a man whose parents have passed away and has taken on the responsibility of his younger siblings, all the while holding on to a secret that has kept him single and afraid.
Now, things are about to change even before they start, and you wonder about how much
Dianne
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exactly the type of book I need when I want to snuggle up to something gentle with a HEA that doesn't involve bodily functions. (Sorry, but that needed to be said IMO)

I love this author because she doesn't over-preach yet she certainly gets her point across. This makes me respect her a lot since I am not a religious person, yet I love her stories and I find them informative, sweet and always teaches me something.

This particular story deals with two people who are made for each other, yet have
Faye
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eva Coblentz takes a job as a schoolteacher in a new district, never married, she has a love of learning sees this job as an opportunity to try something new and escape her domineering brother. She is an intelligent and capable woman, confident on her own, efficient and compassionate. I loved how she took her life into her own hands, stepping outside of what she had known and trying something different. She is very observant and embraces her new role in the community.

Blacksmith Willis Gingrich
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Amish spinster Eva Coblentz has lived with her older brother and his wife since her parents died. She took care of her grandparents and was taken for granted by her brother and his family. When her grandparents pass, she takes the opportunity to leave and make a life for herself. Applying and being hired for a teaching position in a relatively new Amish Community in Maine, Eva is ready to start her new and independent life. Shortly after moving to New Covenant, she meets Willis Gingrich, the ...more
Pam Pavkov
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Amish Teacher's Dilemma is a remarkable story written by Patricia Davids in her North County Amish series. This story is filled with love, faith, family, and secrets. The author has done a wonderful job creating just the right characters to tell her story. The story moved along at a great pace which keeps the readers interest. I loved the character Maddie. At such a young age she has the insight of an adult. Maddie has an imaginary friend named Bubbles who is with her constantly throughout ...more
Lori
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found myself loving Eva more and more as the story went on. Her kind and caring ways had me hooked to the story from the beginning.
She's a sweetheart and wants adventure in her life which I couldn't blame her for.
I admire her for stepping out of her comfort zone.
I for one can relate to that. It can be a mighty hard thing to do. But with God's help we can learn to adjust to our surroundings. Sometimes you just have to go where He needs you to be.
You'll learn to fall in love with Willis and
Vikki Vaught
So touching it made me tear up. Full review to follow.
Lori
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am finding myself attatched Eva.
I admire her for stepping out of her comfort zone.
You'll learn to fall in love with Willis and his siblings who are a delight to be around. Willis certainly has his hands full.
There are some
Emma
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Amish Teacher's Dilemma by Patricia Davids
(North Country Amish Book
The teacher next door could be the mother they need
Will she return to her old life or risk everything to build a new one?
Kristina
The Amish Teachers Dilemma by Patricia Davids is a delightful story. I was hooked from the very beginning and did not want to put it down. Eva Coblentz cared for her grandparents until they passed away. She saw the ad looking for an Amish teacher for the newly constructed New Covenant Amish school. Eva feels fortunate that the position comes with housing and a place for her to store her vast collection of books. Willis Gingrich, the towns blacksmith, has his business and house across from the ...more
Nancy Carty Lepri
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have reviewed this book for the New York Journal of Times website where it will be posted the evening before the release date.

"The Amish Teacher's Dilemma" by Patricia Davids
Love Inspired
February 18, 2020
10-1335429438
Contemporary Inspirational Romance
368 pages

Publicity Contact: lisa-wray@harlequin.com

Reviewed by Nancy Carty Lepri

The third issue of the North Country Amish series has Eva Coblentz moving from her childhood home in Illinois to the Amish community of New Covenant in northern Maine
Katherine Hayward Pérez
Eva Coblenz is excited and nervous.

She's 30 years old and longs to move her life forward.

This may be easier said than done. Eva is Amish and lives in a devout, traditional community in Ohio.

Things are made harder with resistance from her brother regarding her wanting to move on, and there's conflict which is mentioned but not delved into as much as I'd have liked.

Even so. Eva fights for what she wants and that is to settle elsewhere and live her own life. She takes a job as a teacher. I was
Elaine
This is a great example of the Love Inspired series, a heartwarming story filled with faith and hope with a profound trust that their way will be guided by God. Having said that, the religious element isn't pushed, just an integral part of the lives of the Amish and fundamental to their thinking, making this a really delightful read.

Eva Coblentz's parents had passed away whilst she was a teenager. She was raised by her older brother and his wife, spending much of her time caring for her
Cathy Cermele
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Amish Teacher's Dilemma by Ms. Patricia Davids is the third book in her North Country Amish series but can easily be read as a standalone. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel although I have not read the first two books.

Eva Coblentz is instantly likeable, she's excited to teach in a newly formed school in Maine and I can't say I blamed her for wanting to move into her own home and to make a new life for herself at the age of 30.
Willis Gingrich is her neighbor, a blacksmith who is raising his
Tamara Morning
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Title: The Amish Teachers Dilemma
Author: Patricia Davids
Genre: Inspirational fiction, romance
Rating: 4 out of 5

Taking a schoolteacher position in another district is just the change Amish spinster Eva Coblentz needs. And with her new neighbor, blacksmith Willis Gingrich, struggling to raise his three orphaned siblings, Eva is determined to help them heal. But when her relatives insist she come home, Eva must choose between the life she leftand the one shes growing to love.

I havent read the first
Jite
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I used to enjoy Amish romance and am just checking it out again for the first time in years. This was a very enjoyable, simple story about new-to-town teacher, Eva, and the town blacksmith, Willis, whos struggling to cope as a single parent to his younger siblings when they are orphaned. I really enjoyed this friendship-based romance and its message of love and acceptance and how pride can keep us away from the vulnerability that opens opportunities for us to be helped and supported. ...more
Kari
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, for-review, 2020
The Amish Teacher's Dilemma is a quick, sweet and clean Amish romance that takes place in Maine. Eva has taken a position as the new community teacher. The school just happens to be across the street from Willis who is suddenly raising his three younger siblings. As I said, this is a really sweet story about two people who don't feel good enough, but find strength and worthiness in each other. Willis and Eva were so cute together. I loved that they built a friendship first. My heart broke for ...more
Diane
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was an absolute delight! Ava and Willis have a wonderful connection right from the start with their lighthearted banter and charming character. 7 year old Maddies personality and witty comments always made me laugh out loud and her make-believe friend Bubble gave Maddie an outlet for the grief of losing her parents and having to leave her home to live with her older brother. Bubble also serves as a much needed friend to keep Maddie company when her two older brothers arent at home to ...more
Leslie M.
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
If you're a fan of Amish fiction, you'll enjoy this story. The characters are well-developed and relatable. There is solid growth and an engaging story line.

Eva is kind and caring, making her an easy character to root for. I admire her for stepping outside her comfort zone (something I hate doing). This is a sweet romance with some humorous scenes thrown in along the way. There's a religious element, but it's not preachy.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy, but I wasn't required to
Nikki
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great reminder of the struggles of learning disabilities and how to approach people with them as well as fulfilling your own destiny despite other people who might depend on you when you have your own life to live.
Becky Baldridge
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, The Amish Teacher's Dilemma is a first for me. I hadn't read an Amish romance until this one. Yeah, I know, but to be honest, I really don't know that much about the Amish, and I wasn't sure how well I'd like the Amish romances. Well, I can't speak for other books in the genre, but I really enjoyed this one. The story is witty and often funny, the characters are engaging, and the romance is sweet and so easy to root for. The angst is pretty low overall, so even though the story touches on a ...more
Tambra
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Patricia , I love all her books. She is one of my go to authors for Amish Stories. Fun, new fresh story.
Kathy
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Very well written. Ive enjoyed all of the books in this series.
I didnt know how the plot would resolve until the very end.
Angela (Kentuckybooklover) Brocato-Skaggs
A sweet romance story that will leave you believing love can conquer anything.

A clean romance from all aspects that a mother can feel very comfortable letting her teenage daughter read. There is no worry that a steamy love scene will pop up unexpectedly or unnecessary foul language will break the flow of a beautiful love story.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, Harlequin, through NetGalley. Any and all opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my own.

Nancy
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Amish Teacher Faces a Test of Her Independence

Eva Coglentz is thirty. Since fifteen when her parents died, shes lived with her older brother and taken care of her grandparents. Now she wants to have her own life. Shes taken a job in Maine as a teacher in a new Amish school well away from her brother in Ohio. She has no experience teaching, but she loves books and children and hopes shell succeed.

Almost immediately, she meets Willie, the village blacksmith. He has taken on the responsibility
Terri Steffes
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many of you know how much I enjoy Amish fiction. This is a new author for me and I have to say, I truly enjoyed the look at Amish life from the northeast part of the U.S.A. Most of the fiction I read comes from Pennsylvania, and I was so enthralled with the new location and traditions of the Amish in this different part of the world.

Vickie
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a clean, sweet Amish story about a young woman who steps outside of her comfort zone and sets out on her own to establish a new life. Eva Coblenz moves from Ohio to Maine to become a new school teacher. A really new school teacher, since she has never been employed as one before! Her neighbor in this new environment is Willis Gingrich, a blacksmith who has taken on the responsibility to raise his three younger siblings after the death of their parents. I really enjoyed the scenes with ...more
Patty Champion
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I really enjoyed how Eva figured out that Otto had a learning disability. I enjoyed the interaction Willis had with his siblings. I suspect Danny's book is next and I am really looking forward to it.

I highly recommend this book.

Thank you netgalley and harlequin for allowing me to read this title for an honest review.
Michelle
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!
I really liked the main characters in this book. Eva and her determination to start out on her own, to be the best teacher she can be and to be a helper in her new community. Willis and his love for his siblings, his hard work and struggle with his disability.
Willis's siblings were wonderful, especially Maddie & Bubbles. There was humour, a secret, and lessons learned in this book. I thoroughly enjoy reading about Amish life.

• Amish Country Undercover
  • An Unlikely Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #5)
  • Healing Their Amish Hearts (Colorado Amish Courtships #4)
  • The Sea Glass Cottage
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • His Unexpected Amish Twins (Unexpected Amish Blessings #1)
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)
  • Finding Her Amish Love
  • The Bake Shop (Amish Marketplace #1)
  • Her Amish Christmas Choice (Colorado Amish Courtships #3)
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • The Amish Widow's Heart (Brides of Lost Creek #4)
  • The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1)
  • Abraham (The Petersheim Brothers #2)
  • Loving Jenna
  • Secret Heir Seduction (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Inheritance #4)
  • The Amish Marriage Bargain
  • An Amish Easter Wish (Green Mountain Blessings #2)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from

North Country Amish (3 books)
  • An Amish Wife for Christmas (North Country Amish #1)
  • Shelter from the Storm (North Country Amish #2)