Start by marking “Damned to Hell” as Want to Read:
Damned to Hell

Damned to Hell

Rob is a man whose life has spiraled out of control since the death of his teenage son. He spends most of his nights stumbling home from a bar and his days are spent hungover. Desperate to get his life back on track, and ready to move on, he discovers something "evil" with the promise of giving him closure. And now Rob will do whatever it takes to save his son's life.

Published June 25th 2019 by Abomination Media

To ask other readers questions about Damned to Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damned to Hell

Start your review of Damned to Hell
Jamie Stewart
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant exploration of one mans grief and what that man will do to overcome it. Mike Salt engages the reader from the very first line, creating a world and characters that you want to know more about. ...more
Janice Friend
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised with this novel. It was well written and entertaining. Its definitely a be careful what you wish for story. The authors characters are believable and well developed, making the reader want the expected outcome only to be thrown twist after twist.

The true crux is how far would any of us go to see a loved one again. The horror unfolds when the desired outcome isnt what is expected creating a vicious circle.

I received a complimentary copy via Voracious Readers for an
Kaila
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
omg this was amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.. holy scary haha.. this was wonderful.. it was interesting and fast paced... also it was very hearbreaking in so many spots.. really enjoyed watching how what rob was trying to do affected others and himself.. his sorrow and pain made you feel for him even as you are scared of his horror. it was amazing!
Heidi
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting plot! Creating hell on earth while trying to bring someone back from the dead. Pretty sure David was the devil himself. There were a few typos and a few words left out but it was way better quality than most of the freebies I get. Definitely worth reading!
Sara H. J.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Buttercupp77
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
The premise and plot of this novel have a lot of potential. I found that the execution was a letdown.

I think the world-building is generally good. There was definitely room for more in terms of rendering the location (town, landmarks, local culture) more vividly. I felt that this could have been middle-of-anywhere, USA. Nothing really anchored me to the place.

There were attempts to make the characters realistic, but this fell short for me. I found that I struggled to empathise with Rob because I
Auctor Trevel
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The old expression "Be careful what you wish for" is a compelling plot device, and many stories used this device to varying degrees of success. The short story "The Monkey's Paw" is the best example of this device being used to create suspense and invoke terror of the unknown.

Damned to Hell by Mike Salt is a solid novella that takes the "what if" scenario of a father wanting his son coming back to life and cranking that scenario to an 11.

Robert is a broken man still haunted by his son's death
Valerie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this was a good horror story! Malerman said, unlike the real world, horror admits that its fiction, for that I trust it. This story fits this perfectly! What happens in this story could never happen in real life but it works so well here!

Main character is told if he kills someone, recites some words, he can bring back a loved one that has died! Of course it doesnt go as planned and thats when things get interesting! He gets himself caught up in a cycle that is its own kind of hell! First
HeyyAjj
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Would you kill? What would you do to bring a loved one back? Would you kill to bring that loved one back? Even if only temporary. We all only want one last kiss, hug, I love you. What if those skeletons in your closet haunted you? Would you still do it? Only once right? Or twice...

I was glued the moment I began this book! I highly suggest this book!
Sam Harper
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received a complimentary copy of this novella from the author via Voracious Readers Only in exchange for an honest review.
What brilliant, fast paced, emotional roller coaster of a story this is. The story centres around poor Rob who has lost everything that he holds dear after his beloved son dies. He tries grief counselling, but after 5 years he still cannot move on and sinks further and further into the whiskey bottle. A meeting with an old friend then sends him down a horrifying road where
Connie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very worthy Monkeys Paw plotline that is taken beyond your standard expectations. I loved the picture of personal hell that has someone repeating their actions over and over, hoping for a different outcome, each one as heartbreakingly horrific as the previous. The ending, I wont spoil it, but it is perditional perfectiona spiraling back into a further hell that you will not see coming. I truly enjoyed the fast prose, the vivid depictions, the growing sense of despair and wretchednessa tale that ...more
Karen
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
S.K. Lundberg
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read!!!
I absolutely loved this horror tale. The authors style of writing had me quickly flipping through the pages to see if Rob, the main character, would rise to the challenge. The reader can't help but feel sorry for Rob and root him on while he tries to carry out his wicked plan. How will his actions impact the lives of the characters around him? Grab a copy and find out. You will not be disappointed. The ending was superb! I'm hoping a sequel will be in the works.
N.A. Dwyer
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit!

This book was awesome! I liked all the twists and turns. Rob the main character is so well fleshed out. You really feel like you get to know him and who he is. I devoured this book because I just couldn't stop reading it. I had to know what happened at the end. And holy shit was I surprised! Definitely give this a read!
Gillian Young
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gifted this book by the author via voracious readers.

What a compelling story - what would any reader do in this man's shoes?
Jeff
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! It makes you ask the ultimate question of what would you do to see a loved one for one last time. This is such a great take on time shifts. I love that topic and I am always fascinated with it. This is a very well written book by the author.
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun and quick read that had the perfect chill factor. I really enjoy stories like these, the "careful what you wish you" types of curses, and Mike Salt did a great job satisfying that sadistic part of my brain.
Sarai Lawson

• Where Sleeping Dogs Lie
  • Blood Bath: Book One of the Bathory Journals
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • The Last Night Out
  • The Landlocked Baron (The Six Pearls of Baron Ridlington #1)
  • The Bet (The Bet, #1)
  • Being Brooke (Barley Cross, #1)
  • Larken (Graceling Hall #1)
  • The Wild Robot Escapes (The Wild Robot, #2)
  • Wicked Highland Wishes (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #2)
  • Faking It (Dempseys, #2)
  • When A Laird Loves A Lady (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #1)
  • The Goblin Wood (Goblin Wood, #1)
  • Don't Look Inside