Start by marking “Rule of Law” as Want to Read:

Rule of Law

“When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw." ~ Nelson Mandela

Lana, a wayward senator’s daughter and dark angel in the making, must earn her freedom and her wings. Law, the underworld lord of a secret clan, captures her and gives her the space to battle her demons. But once she spreads her wings, will he set her
Published October 15th 2019 by Karin Tabke, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Rule of Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rule of Law

Start your review of Rule of Law
Marta Cox
This book is the first in what might possibly be a trilogy. It starts hard and fast with Lana waking up in a van, bound, gagged and vaguely remembering how she consented to allow herself to be bid upon in an extreme auction. I’d like to say that she was coerced or forced even but I’d be lying because Lana is a drug addicted stripper who has reached rock bottom in her attempts to run far away from her past and the comfortable life she has left behind.
Law is the hard, uncompromising man who rules
Natalia
2.5 Stars

OMG!! the h (Alana/Lana she's referred by both names don't know if is a edit error) WINS the prize for the most annoying, most immature, self-centered h of 2019.
She plays the victim card in on page and in the other she is all kick ass!

The story was enjoyable but every time she open her mouth and threw a tantrum i almost DNF the book!!
The H got lost in all that!

The connection is forced... the push/pull drags!
Leigh
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
When I first started reading Rule of Law by Karin Tabke I wasn't sure if I was reading PNR or CR especially since I am aware that this author has many PNR stories. Well it didn't take long to realize it's a Contemporary Romance. The book starts out with a bang and I was thrilled but unfortunately it took a major nose dive for me and I honestly didn't like anything about it. Lana is the worst h I have read in sometime and ruined my enjoyment of this book. She's a junkie who has major family issue ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Antiheroes and damsels in distress can sometimes be so good. In this new trilogy by Ms. Tabke, I'm mixed. Full disclosure, I didn't read the blurb too closely because I'm a fan of Ms. Tabke. I have always enjoyed her romantic suspense. This is not a romantic suspense. I think this is more a dark erotic.

This story is mixed for me because it was a difficult read and yet it was a page turner. For me, it was a page turner because I wanted to learn more about the "dark angel" Law. He is the quintess
Malkhai
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Original review: https://myshelfbooks.wordpress.com/20...

Such a short blurb for such a long book. I mean loooong book. Sorry, this is more accurate: loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong book. Writing the first book of a saga is never easy. You need to put on the table enough data to build the world without forgetting the story and the characters. That is if you want to do it right. If you don
Dreamer's Books
Lana was the most annoying character ever that used the victim card way too much. Law just kept falling for her bs and that totally turned me off. I wasn't fond of this book.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and am leaving a review.
Karen
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!! Not many authors deliver in-depth details as Karin Tabke does and I can't wait for the next book.
Nikki
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chimera series book #1
Release Date: October 15, 2019
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Law is my favourite kind of hero. He’s broody, alpha, sexy, and a little dangerous. He’s the epitome of antihero. And I am a damn sucker for a dark antihero.

This book is a little darker than previous books that I’ve read by Ms. Tabke, and that was perfect for me. I’m kinda obsessed with darker, slightly twisted romance at the moment.

Lana is definitely a troubled soul, but what I liked about her,
Marlene Brown
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this books starts with a heart pounding chapter. I was scared and worried where this might take us.....It was a really different premise and moved at a very quick pace. Very engrossing. Alana is so damaged, you so want her to find herself and Law is such a commanding presence he takes up all the room on the pages of the book. I can't wait for more
Lynn
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Lana’s life was on a downward trajectory to end badly; strung out on drugs, working as a stripper, and sold to a Russian mobster for his nefarious purposes. She had grown up with privilege as a Senator’s daughter, but an early tragedy sent her for a tailspin. She is rescued by a mysterious and powerful man who deals in the shady side of life, but also has helped several needy people along the way. The man who wanted Lana is someone Law has spent most of his life waiting to take down so he sees L ...more
Paula
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been quite a while since I had read a book written by Karin Tabke so I was thrilled to see Rule of Law. It has many of the qualities that I remember from her books in the past. It is a character driven story that has a character finding herself in unusual situations suddenly. She also does amazing world building so that there is a seamless blend with reality and the non-normal.

There are some differences too. Rule of Law is a darker romance than I remember reading written by Ms. Tabke. Al
Maria Williams

I’ve been a fan of Tabke for years, I’ve read every single book Tabke has written, so of course when I saw that she had a new book after taken some time off it was a matter of click, purchase, download.

And of course, WOW! My girl Tabke did not disappoint! Rule of Law will have you up late at night capture and intrigue with the story of Law and Lana.

Page after page of Law and Lana & all the reasons why they can’t be together but why they should be. Each with some serious baggage to deal with an
Kimberly List
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I won this book as part of a goodreads giveaway....and second no it can’t end that way. What a cliff hanger. I need to know what happens between the main characters now. I love how much Lana grows as a character. Law brings out the best in her and I love them together.
Samantha
Rule of law is not your average romance. It’s a dark twisted and sometimes a little rough. Alana has made poor choice after poor choice which had lead her to become a stripper, addicted to heroin, and desperate for her next fix. The problem? She’s so desperate she’s sold herself to the highest bidder and he’s nasty, dark, and someone who will make her cravings seem like child’s play.

She’s kidnapped and not sure if it’s for the better. Law is a man of vengeance and information. He knows who Lana
Karen Roma
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Rule of Law by Karin Tabke is an interesting story, but not one to lose focus on, as you’ll wonder what is happening. I say this because I found myself questioning at different points through the story, whether this was a paranormal or not. Some of the scenes lead the reader to believe there are supernatural elements at hand, but the further you read it becomes clear this is definitely a contemporary, and somewhat dark romance. The story itself is fast, action-packed and intriguing, but I did fi ...more
Karinosa
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. Now, don't get me wrong, Lana did grate my nerves with the "poor me" bits. I have to say once you get into the read more, it's not so bad. Law is sexy alpha with his own demons. He has an empire and he has done bad things, but you just can't help but to love 😍 him! Lana figured out what she wants. Law is the stubborn alpha male martyr type. Will definitely read the next book. When is that??

I received this ARC from the publisher at my request for my honest opinion. The opinions
Ashley (A Stack Above The Rest Blogg)
Originally when I started this book, I did not think it would be a good fit for me. The whole captive turned lover is really hard for me to rationalize. But as I went through the book and the original thoughts about Law was not at all the fact, my thoughts changed.

I found it was well written. The content can be at times difficult to read as there is a lot of violence described.
I much prefer spilt POVs because as of right now I have no idea what Law is going through. Which is why the rating is
Beth Wilson
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG...as soon as I started reading this book I could not put it down. I couldn't get enough. Law & Lana both have heavy baggage. Yet, they are nothing alike. They have a physical attraction that you could cut a knife through. It is another delicious book by my favorite author, Karin Tabke Author. For the contemporary romance with suspense reader. If you don't have a copy, it just takes a minute to order by Kindle &/or print. Go get your copy now and step into Chimera... ...more
Miranda Mossman
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read!!! One of the best books I have read in awhile!! Law is a hot, alpha bad boy who is out for revenge. Lana is a woman with a troubled past and a tendency not to trust people. The chemistry between Law and Lana while she is captive is off the charts HOT!!!! Law does bad things to bad people but watches out for his own. The chemistry and suspense kept me hooked from the very beginning!! I absolutely recommend this book to everyone. You wont be disappointed!
Jann Gray
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great read! It's been a bit since I've read one of this authors books, but it was just as great as I remember her being. It's a bit darker, but I do like a dark romance. I can't wait for another in this series!
Coco.V
Oct 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Isabel
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
A must read book!!
A good story, with strong characters and a fantastic plot.
Welcome to Chimera!!
Becky Rice
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good first book in a new series!
Kiki
Nov 03, 2019
Debby
Oct 15, 2019
Patsie
rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2019

• Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Chosen Mate (Crescent Moon, #9)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink, #3)
  • Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)
  • Light My Fire (Mafia Kingdom, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • Then You Happened
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
Karin is a multi-published, national bestselling, award-winning author.

Karin has sold more than a dozen stories to US publishers: Kensington, Simon & Schuster, and Penguin Random House. Her self-publishing debut, THE CHRONICLES of KATRINA, was met with resounding enthusiasm. Never one to disappoint her readers, Karin happily launched the spinoff series The Bad Boys of the Bay, featuring the heroe