Start by marking “Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)

Power Play

(Nashville Assassins: Next Generation #2)

Posey Adler is coming home. After a devastating journey for what she mistakenly thought was true love, she is saying to hell with men and love forever. As the Nashville Assassins’s new assistant coach for special teams, Posey is ready to focus on her job and have the attention on her for a change. She’s been haunted by her place in her sister’s shadow, but this is her ...more
Published December 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Power Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Play

Start your review of Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
Christy
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo AEFDB134-C04F-43B1-B55C-8DA6D9CC0FE9_zpsemlcyd7q.png

Power Play is the second book in Toni Aleo's 'Nashville Assassins: Next Generation' series. Her Assassins series is my favorite hockey series so any time we get a new book from that group of characters, I'm thrilled. This was Posey Adler (Shea and Ellie Adler) and Boon Hoenes story.

Boon is a new-ish character to this series and an Assassins player. Posey Adler knows hockey better than most and has just taken a job as a coach with the Assassins. She's talented at making plays and is
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Power Play is the second installment of Toni Aleo's Nashville Assasins: Next Generation series and follows Posey Adler. This book can be read as a standalone with no problem but for fans of this series and author there are a ton of cameo's from previous characters.

Boon and Posey have both been in hurt in the past so they're not exactly looking for a relationship. But on the ice with Posey pushing Boon to be a better Hockey player the sparks fly and neither of them
Mia Book Addict
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book was amazing. I read it not once but twice and I am 100% sure it won’t stay at two :) I can easily say this was my favorite 2019 read and most probably one of my all time favorites. I wanted to write my review the moment I finished the book for the first time, but I was afraid that my review won’t make justice to the book. I am still not sure how this will go but here I go :)

I love and adore Shea and Elli. I don’t even remember how many times I went back and reread Taking Shots. It
Lydia
Jan 09, 2020 added it
Shelves: manho-alert
*sigh*

Another virgin with a manwhore. Didn’t care his was a former manwhore until I found out heroine was a virgin. I like both MCs to be on an even playing field. Both experienced.
Anne Milne
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Up until this book I didn't think anyone could dethrone Shea and Elli as my favourite Assassins couple but Posey and Boon definitely give them a run for their money. I loved Posey's character she is a mix of both parents and has a stubborn determined nature but with a soft heart of gold. Boon is just swoon worthy I adored the way he loved and supported her. The story was romantic sexy and very emotional but always felt real. Toni continues to build on the original series with the next ...more
Tpagirl
Power Play was the second book in the Nashville Assassins Next Generation series by Toni Aleo. Although it was part of a series, it could easily be read as a stand-alone.

Posey Adler was the second daughter to Elli and Shae Adler, Taking Shots, book one of the original series. She was always in the shadow of her older more confident sister, Shelly (Dump and Chase, Next Generation, book one), but not a shrinking violet. She was gorgeous in her own way, born and raised by NHL Hockey greats, was
Jessica Alcazar
Before I say anything about the story, I have to ask this of anyone who’s read Dump and Chase … raise your hand if you even thought for one minute you would totally and absolutely fall madly in love with Posey, ever! If you raised your hand, then welcome to the club! But guess what? We must dismantle the club. Whatever you may or may not have thought of her … banish it from your mind immediately, because she is about to steal your heart! Well, she stole mine LOL

I haven’t picked up a Toni Aleo
Erin Lewis
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation #2) by Toni Aleo

This is the second book in her latest series and is Boon Hoenes and Posey Adler’s story. Both Posey and Boon have been hurt in the past and neither are looking for a new relationship. However all that is about to change.

Posey feels the time is right to shine and show her family that she deserves to be a part of the family business, finally enabling her to step out from behind her sister’s shadow. With this in mind,
The Book Lover
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's not enough words to describe what this story made me feel, I cried for a good hour after I finished it, I've always felt exactly the way the heroine feels in this story, the fact that the author used Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi broke my soul, man that song works perfectly with the story, so grab your tissues and read this wonderful story.
Beth
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Boone and Posey were amazing and their love story captured my heart! This is one of the books that I will reread for years to come.
Emily Utsch
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that Posey gets her own story! And Boon is the perfect match for her! So swoonworthy.

First off this is a book in a series but can be read as a standalone. All pertinent information that you need is given. If you have read the other books in the series you do get a lot more out of the secondary characters though.

Posey has been burned and has felt out shadowed by her older sister. Sound familiar? I love that this and other things match her story with her mother. But her mother is so
Cindy
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is how you kick up a series with the NextGen of players. If you love hockey romances, then Toni Also and her Nashville Assassins series is likely on your radar. From the beginning with Shea and Elli, her love and knowledge of hockey shines through, but even better the characters made you love them. Shea and Elli were the standard and the backbone of the entire Nashville Assassins series. With a new set of characters - and many of them the all-grown-up children of the first series - we have ...more
Heroesinbooks
4 Posey and Boon Stars

I am enjoying the next generation of the Nashville Assassins and this story about Posey and Boon grabbed my attention from the start.
Posey is the second daughter of Elli and Shay Adler. She feels very much as if she has lived in the shadow of her older Sister , Shelli. Shelli is the outgoing , driven and confident sister who everyone adores and Posey has often been overlooked - or rather eclipsed - by her. At the start of the story Posey has run off to declare her love for
Ashley
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I WAS WRONG...

I thought I knew my favorite Toni Aleo book...I was wrong. I COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN! Fallon and Lucas held my heart for many years (shh...they still kind of do). I believed them to be the only couple to hold it forever. They were it for me. I always loved a good second chance story, but then this book just came up and slapped me in the feels. All the feels.

Posey and all of the Adlers have held a special place in my heart since book one with Elli and Shea. Their story was always in my
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Posey and Boon meet, something about her unsettles him. He's not sure what it is, only that it's got him feeling weird. And he definitely does not want it. He does, however, want her. And she wants him. She's his team's new coach, though, so yeah, not gonna happen. Or at least, not in public. Can they make it work behind the scenes, with his baggage, and hers?

I loved this hockey romance! Posey and Boon make a fabulous couple. They're super sexy together, and I loved how Boon finally
Pam
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Posey is the second child in the Adler and has always felt that she was loved by her family but felt shadowed by her beautiful and talented sister. She doesn't blame Shelli, it is just in her nature to stay back out of the lime light. Though she is confident on the ice and in her playmaking, she never wants to be the centre of attention. Struggling with her health as her mom has most of her life, she feels she is less desirable than others. While fighting the hurt of a lost love, she is
Bec
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: virgins, review, sports
This is the second book in the next generation Assassins. Posey and Boon meet when posey becomes the assistant coach concentrating on the power play. As a non hockey spectator, I found it interesting as far as the tactics go. I guess because the girl is the bosses daughter she immediately obtained the respect of the other coach’s one being her uncle.

It starts off kinda rough in that we witness the demise of both the relationships the MC’s are in. Then they meet each other. They both don’t trust
Jackie Wright
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Nashville Assassins: Next Generation and what a great series this is shaping up to be, in this book we catch up with Posey Adler and her new dream job as part of the special teams coaching staff at the Assassins.
Boon Hoenes and Posey bash heads over the power plays she has put in place for the team but it’s not just about the power plays, as they say there is a fine line between love and hate so do this couple hate each other or is it love they really feel.....
Boon can’t get the
Kari Hansen
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Posey’s determination to follow her heart has left her devastated and determined to prove her value, not only to her family but herself as well, both personally and professionally. She has accepted the position as the Assistant for Special Teams for the Nashville Assassins and isn’t about to be distracted from her goals especially by one of the players she needs to coach.

Boon has a painful past of his own and is directing all his attention on his career. He thrives on his skills as a special
Elizabeth
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, eram, arc

In Power Play, Ms Aleo returns us to the world of the Nashville Assassins focusing on Posey Adler, younger daughter of series foundation Ellie and Shea Adler.

Posey is a character we’ve seen briefly in previous books, but don’t know well. We get to know her and love interest/hockey player, Boon, much better here.

Both characters come together after being hurt and seeing them take second chances on love is sweet and heartwarming. I liked both Posey and Boon and enjoyed their interactions
Melissa
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loving this next generation series from one of my favorite sports romance authors!
I adore the Adlers so Poseys story was a must read for me. If you love hockey too...you’ll love this entire series!
Power Play is the second half of a duet, it also features Boon Hoenes! I really lived his character.
This book is filled with heart, hurt, feels, heat...is basically has everything I love reading in a romance! Loved Poseys strong character and profession! I adored Boons soft side.
A must read if you
Isha Coleman
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation #2) by: Toni Aleo

A penalty of hearts makes a power play for love. Aleo is back to lay claim to emotions by seducing her way into our hearts. Power Play takes aim at heartache and scores gold. For Posey and Boon, hockey may be the name of the game, but passion is what these lonely hearts are aiming for. Heat, heart and humor set off sparks both on and off the icein this captivating read. Aleo delivers another perfect 10.
Mary McFarlane
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yet another book of hers that I can’t put down. It’s just so easy to read these books and you would think of all of the ones I’ve read I would get use to her writing and while I have I still can’t get enough of these books.
Wendy Moore
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW.....so many feels!!! Toni has been a favorite go to author for me. I was nervous about the next generation series as many author's have tried and failed, but Toni is nailing this series. Can't wait for the next book....
Morgan Sibbett
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew about 4 pages in that this was going to be a heart wrenching book. I was right!

Posey Adler has always been second fiddle when it comes to her big sister Shelli. From sucking up all the attention to all the boys using her to get to Shelli. So when she thinks she finally has the chance at finally being number one to a guy she takes it. Only to get burned badly.

Coming back with her tail tucked between her legs all she wants to do is do the job she was offered as the assassins special teams
Lynn Lim
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Author Toni Aleo, in my opinion has freaking done it yet again with her latest release of Power Play. Power Play is the second book in Ms. Aleo’s Nashville Assassins: Next Generation series. I am so in love with this wonderful series, and when I read the blurb for this book, I could not wait for it to hit my Kindle and did an all-nighter when it did. I could not put it down, I loved every word!!
Posey Adler and Boon Hoenes…WOW! I really enjoyed watching the relationship grow between Posey and
Leigh Sonnekus
Posey and Boon's story hit me hard ... like a hockey puck to the chest!! I laughed, I cried and I just absolutely LOVED this book! One of my absolute favorite books of Toni Aleo's is Taking Shots - this is the story of Elli and Shea Adler. Shea is swoon worthy and in my top 5 book boyfriends (a girl has to keep her options open!) and I knew it would take someone amazing to at least meet Shea at his level; well, let me just tell you, that Boon is all that and more!!
Posey Adler, Elli and Shea's
Cecilie Elise
4.5 stars.

I had to read this book when I found out that Toni was going to write a book about Posey. She's definitely one of my favorite of the Assassins kids. I haven't read a Toni Aleo book since reading Delayed Call, and was hit by one of my big book slumps. I don't know why it took me so long to pick up one of her hocky books.

I have a lot to catch up on Now to Power play. I loved Posey! Nothing bad about Boon, i loved him too, but the star here was Posey.

Posey Adler is coming home. As the
Tara Peters
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boon and Posey are two of the most electrifying characters I have read in awhile. Boon is a man who had his heart broken by his fiance when he found out that she had been cheating on him for months and she called him some nasty names. He believes he is better off without a woman-even though deep down he has what a few of his closest friends have-a wife and kids. When he meets Posey, she pushes all of his buttons and he strives to be a better hockey player for her, but he still can't figure out ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

So I am a newer reader to Toni Aleo books, meaning I love the generation Assassin stories but I did not read the original series at all. This is book 2 or 3 in the series and I have read all of them though we haven't seen Posey that much before and Boon is a brand new character. So this book can stand alone. However this story features ALOT of Shelli and Aidan so I definitely
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Hawk (The Boys of Summer #4)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Dean (Face-Off Series #6)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • The Virgin Gift
  • Needing Nevaeh (Rockers' Legacy, #2)
  • The Lineup
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators

Nashville Assassins: Next Generation (2 books)
  • Dump and Chase (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #1)