Start by marking “One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)” as Want to Read:
One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)

One Timer

(Nashville Assassins #17)

You’ve known Harper Allen and Jakob Titov since you met them in Taking Shots. You know their story already, right? Ha! You only think you do. In One-Timer, they’ll tell it for themselves.

Harper has been hurt so many times, and she has no interest in anything more than a one-time thing, but Jakob Titov has other ideas.

He is looking for his forever. He has his sights set on
Published November 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about One Timer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Timer

Start your review of One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
Christy
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

photo 634871B1-1AF3-468A-B578-1CE252177611_zpsgskh6eiq.png

This was the best mix of the old school Assassins series and the newer generation all in one. I’ve always wanted Jakob and Harper’s story from their perspectives. It’s been 7 years since I read the first book in this series and better late than never!
“He knew I was it. And all I was looking for was a good time.”
“But I wanted more than just a good time.” Her eyes lock with mine, and it feels like it’s more than twenty years earlier and I am falling all over again.
“He wanted
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Timer was a short novella within the Nashville Assassins NHL series by Toni Aleo.

Aleo took us back to the beginning in a very unique way. Harper Allen and Jakob Titov were Elli and Shea’s best friends, respectively (Book one, Taking Shots.) It had been so long, I didn’t realize they didn’t have their own book. In One Timer, Aleo told us Harper and Jakob’s story through their first born, Allison. It was creative and also a way to set the stage for Allison to have her own story within the Bel
Jessica Alcazar
This story turned out exceptionally better than I expected! Even tho technically, there’s already a HEA before we begin, the story still captivated both my mind and my heart! AND, what an excellent idea for a story, right?! Your daughter comes home to tell you she’s found the love of her life and is moving way across the country and quitting her entire life plan. What’s a parent to do?? READ THIS STORY AND FIND OUT!!

The looking back concept to drive home a point in the present was pure geniu
〰️Beth〰️
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Basic summary of books 1 & 2

This is a basic summary of parts of the first two books in the series. It is a way for the author to transition into the next generation of characters. Nice but unnecessary.
Rochelle
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Loved Jakob and Harper. We first got to meet them in Taking Shot so it was nice to see how their relationship started. Their daughter tells them that she wants to leave school so she can follow a guy to Texas because she thinks that love is all sunshine and roses. Her parents get to tell their story and that it wasn’t as easy for them as she believes. Loved the characters and the whole story.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Isha Coleman
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Get the inside story from the people who lived it. Past and present collide to create the sweetest of love stories. Though a little rough around the edges, One Timer is all heart. Aleo gives readers a couple worth rooting for despite the odds. From a questionable beginning to an unforgettable ending, Jakob and Harper are as unpredictable as they are lovable.

Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
If you haven't read any books in this series don't let that keep you from reading this one!! Toni Aleo has a wonderful talent for telling a story and my heart for some reason felt even more invested in Harper and Jakob's story.

We start the story present day but as they are telling their story to their daughter we get to go back in time and see how their relationship started and progressed. The determination of Jakob to go after what he wants. How Harper had to overcome her past heartbreaks and
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Cocktails and Books received this book for free from Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect our opinion of the book or the content of our review.I am so happy that Toni Aleo gave us Jakob and Harper's story.  I loved them in Taking a Shot and now we finally get to see how Jakob convinced Harper to take a chance on him.  Harper made Jakob work for her, but it was clear that he was not going to let Harper get away fr
Lynn
I fell in love with the Nashville Assassins in 2016 and have not looked back since. The reader didn't get but a glimpse into the romance of Harper and Jakob in Taking Shots. One Timer is a great opportunity to get the full story of how they fell in love, while also helping their best friends Elli and Shea as well. I love getting to see where the happy endings led to with the children of the original characters. If you love sports romance and cannot beg enough to please read this series and any o ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Harper and Jakob retrace the steps of their relationship here in One Timer in the guise of telling their eldest daughter about love and life and relationships.

I loved reading their backstory. It wasn't exactly easy or pretty, but it was very readable and interesting. I think both are great characters, but Jakob especially stood out to me for his determination to win over Harper, and for his sweet nature. I like how in the present the two have been married for 20 years, and they're still goi
Kari Hansen
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Through previous books we have met and grown to love Jakob and Harper as we watched their relationship after they got together but now we get to go back to when they first met and what they had to go through to find their happy ever after.

It was a case of love at first site for Jakob but convincing Harper will be the biggest challenge of his life. He was so patient and understanding as he helped Harper heal from her past and realize that she was deserving of love and that he was the man who was
Pam
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

When Ally comes home ready to leave school and all that she has worked so hard for to follow her boyfriend, Harper and Jakob take a trip down memory lane to show her that relationships are hard. That the work is a two way street and settling for someone who is willing to make you leave everything for them is not necessarily the perfect person. Harper and Jakob have been through a lot in the time they have been together but they never gave up on each other. Which has produced a love that
Mary McFarlane
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh yet again she just gets right to the point of a great story. I loved getting to know their story after only getting bits of it in Shea and Elli’s book. Also loved that we got to see hidden moments of Shea and Elli’s book we didn’t see before.
Erin Lewis
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review One Timer (Nashville Assassins #17) by Toni Aleo

I have only read a few books by Toni Aleo, but what I have read I have really enjoyed. This is in fact the first book in this particular series that I have read and I admit I was concerned that I would be a little lost reading this story. That was not the case, although I do believe I would have enjoyed the story even more if I had the benefit of having read the previous books in the series.

This is Harper Allen and Jakob Titov’s stor
Elizabeth
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram, sports
I’m going to be honest - I had to refresh myself as to which couple was featured in Taking Shots.

The approach Ms Aleo takes here - parents letting a beloved child know that even the best relationships take hard work and don’t always travel a smooth road - was unique and I appreciated how it tied the “older” Assassin books with the stories being told for the newer generation.

Harper and Jakob are characters that are easy to like and I found myself rooting for them. The “drama” in their relations
Leanne Keller
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you craved more of Jakob TItov and Harper Allen’s story then this is the perfect treat just in time for the long weekend! We got glimpses of Jakob and Harper in Taking Shots, Toni Aleo revisits this iconic couple to give us all the details of a love for the ages in the making. Tough as nails Harper and unflappable Jakob make for a funny, sweet duo as they explain the way they came together and overcame everything for love! In addition to their cat and mouse romance Shea and Elli’s story unfol ...more
Karen
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dang, that was a good book. It was written so clever. I read Harper's story a long time ago. This seemed a bit more from Jakob's POV though. What a sweetheart!!

So this story goes back to their early days because their daughter, Allison needs a lesson....lol. Then once we return from past, we see Posey, Ellie's other daughter is going to come up next in book order.

Fun times ahead with this second generation!!
Katie
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-shelf
OMG! I’ve been waiting for the real story of Jakob & Harper FOREVER!!! I’ve wanted to know their backstory since Taking Shots and now I FINALLY have it!
Finally finding out just how The Romantic Russian won over the Queen of No Commitment had me was TOTALLY worth the wait!
I loved going back into the past to the beginning of their relationship, and the beginning of The Assassins, along with them, their family, and the team in present day. This may just be a novella, but it gives you all the feels
Carol
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You get a glimpse of Harper and Jakob in some of the previous books in this series. I never really got a feel for Harper except for how she was a get around kind of girl. She was a one and done, until Jakob. He knew they minute he saw her she was it for him and it took some persistence for him to finally reel her in.
So seeing her from her POV you get a totally different take on her. Yes she may have slept around but that was after being cheated on so many times. She wasn't willing to give herse
Karen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved getting to know more of Harper and Jakob's story. I kind of want to go back and read Elli and Shea's book again now as it was so intermixed with this one. It was like getting a bonus scene for Elli and Shea along with Harper and Jakob all at the same time!

Starting off by being in present time, then going back to find out what happened when Harper and Jakob were just starting out was the perfect way to share their journey. It was fun to look back at their beginning and now want to go back a
Alyvia Paige
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There was no better way to end the year than with One-Timer. I cannot wait to move onto Posey’s story to start my new year. Toni does it again and I cannot even begin to express the pure joy I felt during this story. Taking me all the way back to the beginning.

I started reading Toni Aleo’s books after the loss of my brother. She gave me an escape into the best and most amazing world. Her words bring us raw, honest, and realistic storylines with sexual tension and humor filled banter.
Amy Johnson
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun quick read. I've missed these characters - so this was an entertaining yet effective way to "catch" up with them to familiarize myself before reading the newest Bellevue Bullies book about their oldest daughter.
This is a great novella to add to your collection of this series.
Happy Reading...enjoy!
Meghan
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Assassins series has been one of my favorites since the first book. I loved this look into Harper and Jakob's relationship!
Sara McCann-Blackstock
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Can't wait for Ally to get her own book!
Linda
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad Harper and Jakob got their story. I love Harper.
Wendy Moore
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A recap of Harper and Jakobs's story from there point of view. A great set up for the next generation series.
Darcy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked how this one was set up. Sure we got the love story between Harper and Jakob, but we also got how messy it was, much like real life. I loved that their daughter only saw the "happy" parts, but loved more that she got to know the real nitty gritty parts to. It seemed to help her make a choice in her life, a choice that was a good one.
Autumn Breier
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-2019
5 out of 5 Stars

One Timer is book 17 in the Nashville Assassins Series. I really enjoyed One Timer and can't wait to continue with the Nashville Assassins Series. I love Harper and Jakob.
Julie Comins
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it

I love anything related to the Assassins, and this was a great addition to the series. I loved hearing Harper and Jakob's story from another point of view told so that their daughter would see that true love isn't easy, smooth, selfish or convenient. I can hardly wait for Posey's book
Marla Dudak
Dec 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Really bad novella that looks back at a story we pretty much know from previous novels.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Shutout (Scoring #1)
  • Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Wylde (Arizona Vengeance #7)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard #5)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Blocked (Scoring #2)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Dmitri's Christmas Angel (Las Vegas Sidewinders #14)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • Roping the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #0.5)
  • Easy (Chicago Blaze, #6)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • Jilted: Nico and Sophie (Cliffside Bay, #9)
  • Game Changer (Wynn Hockey, #5)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators sin

Nashville Assassins (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Falling for the Backup (Assassins, #4)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Laces and Lace (Assassins, #7)
  • A Very Merry Hockey Holiday (Assassins, #8)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #9)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)