Start by marking “The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)” as Want to Read:
The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)

The Starlight Quest

(City of Wishes #5)

After finally receiving the one thing she's wanted for so many years, Elle sets out to pay the price demanded by the Godmother: she will travel through the Never Woods and complete a quest that will—if the Godmother's shocking story is to be believed—change her life.

And possibly the world.

~ ~ ~

CITY OF WISHES is an urban fantasy serialized retelling of Cinderella.

~ ~ ~

In a
Published June 28th 2019 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about The Starlight Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Starlight Quest

Start your review of The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
Charlotte
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant episode from Rachel Morgan.
I really enjoyed the "Starlight Quest" book #5 in the "City of Wishes"

I really enjoy following Ellas story and her adventures. Rachel has a wonderful way of writing that pulls you into her stories as if you are there with Ella and Dex. I do love it when you get so pulled into a book.

I can't wait for book #6

Again this deserves 5 stars from me. Brilliant.
Diane Lynch
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Rachel Morgan’s THE STARLIGHT QUEST (City of Wishes #5) is enchanting. I cannot get enough of this retelling of the Cinderella fairytale. In this segment, Elle sets out on a quest as her payment to the Godmother for her freedom.

THE STARLIGHT QUEST was exciting from start to finish. Elle enlists the help of a few friends to join her on her quest. She discovers more about her past. She experiences a lot as her life dramatically transforms. All the while, we are still not certain of the Godmother’
Maria Elena | _mkarys
This is the second-to-last episode of the City of Wishes series. This one was very fun to read. I read it in one hour because I couldn’t put it down! Like Elle, I am still uncertain what the Godmother’s catch is, I can’t believe things are what they seem with that woman. Needless to say, I’m very excited for the conclusion of the series!
Caitlin
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing edition to this serial. I'm so excited to see how it all ends in the next one!
Malischa Weijkamp
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
I knew I'd enjoy this one, but I didn't realize how much! I was excited to read an advance copy, which does not affect my review, and this review is voluntary. Once again, this series had me up late into the night to finish it, and I couldn't be happier! I'm always up for a good challenge, trial, quest type story, and this one had each of those! I loved seeing the characters work to solve the problems they faced in this one, and I totally called the 'shifter' part when I started reading this! I' ...more
Arin Barry
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know how Rachel does it? I’m constantly at the edge of my seat while furiously debating if I should take a break and savor this episode or just read nonstop to find out what happens. I don’t know why I do it, because I always end up reading it in one sitting XD

Rachel has created such interesting, compelling and complex characters, I basically want a book dedicated to each of them (the Fairy Godmother being my favourite character, so a book from her POV would be amazing 😉)

I’m so amped for
Siobhan Yilmaz
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, Elle gets more entangled in the godmothers plans after saving Dex. His darkness is gone, but now Elle has to complete a quest in return for the wish.
I won't spoil anything, but the quest is so freaky! It may be difficult, but part of me wants to go on it too.
Again, I flew through this episode in lightening speed in a hurry to find out what happens, only to be disappointed when I reached the end - in a good way...I need more!!
Sabrina
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, the tests and trials just don't stop! After granting Elle another wish, the Godmother sends her on a quest, but this time it's something Elle actually wants . Except she is sure there will be a catch at the end, there always is with the Godmother.
I'm really looking forward to the final instalment of City of Wishes.
Candace Barnard
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again this is a gripping ride! Elle now has a new price to pay and this time she can't do it alone. This penultimate episode sets up the final episode beautifully with a few secrets uncovered and a life changing wish. I cannot wait to see what the final episode brings.
I will be chomping my nails in anticipation!
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Starlight Quest is the fifth episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait for the next and unfortunately last episode in this series!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Another fantastic installment to this fantasy retelling. Our fearless heroes embark on a new quest full of dangers and magic. I enjoyed the twists to the overall story and can’t wait for the final book!
Alice
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
This has definitely been my favourite episode so far.

I started this series as I needed an audiobook to listen to while I showered/cooked/did chores and I found the first episode for free. At first, I thought it was just another YA fantasy story, and honestly, it kind of is. And that's okay. I personally enjoyed each episode more than the previous and cannot wait to find out how it ends. Onto the next one (I am completely unashamed to say I spent an audible credit to get the whole series. Worth i
Ryan
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Turns out humans can acquire magic if they can complete the starlight quest. If humans had magic then they couldn’t be slaves anymore. The task is not simple, but it takes a crew. Ella needs to complete the quest and see the king to set humans free forever.
T Lee
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
So far this has been a really good series. The episodes (individual books) are short. So I feel like I am making fast progress through a much longer book. I am also a sucker for a good Cinderella type story. 😉
Marina :)
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow another great episode of this series! This one was so adventurous, interesting and magical! Still not sure how to feel about the Godmother though. Let‘s see what will happen in the conclusion!
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
Woods, magic, a quest – what’s not to love?

Fast-paced, action-packed and full of fun twists.

A great build-up for the final battle.
Chrystele Myriam
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tried to read another book in between to take a little break but somehow I could not focus on it, I had to finish this series. I cannot believe only one book left and I finished the whole series!!
Nisareen
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Godmother let out an impatient sigh, “I know everything there is to know about your gift, Elle. I’m the one who gave it to you.” The Godmother.

The fifth and penultimate episode of the City of Wishes series, sees Elle and her friends embark on a dangerous quest to the Never Woods to fulfil the terms of the wish made to the Godmother in return for Dex’s life. The mystery of Elle’s secret gift is solved and several astounding revelations come to light which threaten to upset the balance betwee
Jan farnworth
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth part of this serial Cinderella retelling by Rachel Morgan. In this part of the story Elle has gotten herself entangled with the Godmother. She has used her wish to saved Dex from his darkness sickness. Now Dex is well and whole but Elle is still stuck in her enslavement to her evil stepmother and she has no way to rescue her step sister. In order to continue on she must complete a quest for the Godmother and who knows what the fall out from this will be. I am totally in awe of ...more
CrazyCat (Alex)
Finally! Finally it seems that Elle and her friends are gaining some advantage in the game the Godmother is playing. I still can't decide what to think of the Godmother. But she can't be one of the good guys, right? Not way she is playing with everybody like a puppet master makes it hard to see good in her. I would love to go on a quest like Elle. I don't know where I would find a vampire, a shifter and a fae to accompany me, but if this would be a possibility I would look hard to find me some n ...more
Blaire Hammond
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Starlight Quest by Rachel Morgan Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I am absolutely obsessed with Rachel Morgan. She is a phenomenal author with wonderful stories to tell. Getting to read these installments, not only that, but getting to read them early, has been a wonderful experience for me. This is the 5th book in the series (well, installment!) and boy was it good. I could not put it down, I just had to know what was going to hap
Kaye
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A THRILLING INSTALLMENT!!!
WOW-ZA! Rachel brought her A-game out to play as she bounced this little treasure to a whole new beat. An incredible smorgasbord of sups popping up with all the secrets and abilities that keep you on your toes as well as a razors edge. Oh, and let's not forget our gracious Godmother (insert sarcasm). Throw in the perplexing situations that keep your full attention focused on this page turning dynamo and you have one thrilling ride. Perilous drama, a horde of uncertainty
Lori
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and volunteered to review it.

Elle, Dex, and some of their friends are going on a quest (duh it says it in the title) to get Elle magic, which was thought to be impossible, because like vampires, they're thought to not have magic. Well the godmother said they once did, but everyone has forgotten that.

Elle is now also free of the slave charm, but the fear and the memories of her abusive stepmother still haunt her, and cause her sine troubles on her ques
Chris
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elle is free and Dex has been saved and cured from the Darkness but can Elle afford to pay the price for that wish? If you love a fantasy story that has the misfits teaming up to go on a quest to obtain some magical item then you'll be happy with this part of the story. Elle must take Dex, Astrid, Alissa to the Never Woods to obtain magic for herself. The big question is why is this the payment the Godmother asked for? The Godmother is planning to take the throne but how does Elle having magic h ...more
Caroline
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To start with I’d just like to warn fellow readers that this is the fifth part in a serialized story, so you should have read Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4 first, and this part ends in a cliffhanger. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get on with the review.
The fifth installment of City of Wishes, The Starlight Quest, finds Elle and her friends going on a mysterious and dangerous quest to fulfill the terms of the wish made to the Godmother to save Dex’s life.
This story is so interesting in that it har
Staci
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Oh my stars!! The plot thickens as the Godmother explains to Elle about magic and that at an earlier time, humans once possessed it. "What was she saying about stardust? We're all made up of it in some way, so we're all magical."

After making a deal to save Dex, Elle gets thrown into the Neverwood for a quest. Everyone has heard the nursery rhymes about the dangers of going into the woods but now Elle is forced to face th
Novel Grounds
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I am a bit behind, but the 5th part of this series is out and WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

So, I absolutely love Rachel and I am in love with this world. The next novel is the final in the series but this one, this one opens up so much  possibility for this series and I honestly cannot wait to see where she takes it.

If you are reading this you are on the 5th novel in this serial and you honest can't think you are going to stop now. So I don't need to say much. I just need to leave you with the fact that
Siobhan
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, 2019, read-review
I know that these books are relatively short but I felt like I flew through this one in no time. There were a few parts I would've liked a little longer but this didnt take away from how I enjoyed the book.
I am really keen to know how the series ends, even though I don't want it to end.

You'll happily breeze through this one in no time and be excited to start the next one.

On an unrelated topic, this book gave me Peter Pan vibes. I'm not sure if it was because of the name of the forest, but now I
Brittany Smith
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this episode Elle gets even more embroiled with the fairy Godmother. After making a wish to save Dex she finds herself in the middle of a quest. The objective to acquire magic for all humankind, the cost-their life or sanity (possibly).

I absolutely loved this episode. I flew through it even though I wanted to savour each precious page. The characters are brilliant and well developed, and the attention to detail is spot on.

I am sad to see it coming but I’m so excited to see the ending! One m

• To Kill a King (Hollowcliff Detectives, #2)
  • Isle of Bones (We Witches Three #1)
  • Girl at Heart
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa, #3)
  • Of Sea and Song (Daughters of Eville #3)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Storms of Olympus: Books Seven, Eight & Nine (The Immortality Trials Book 3)
  • Dust Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria 3)
  • The Trouble With Magic (The Elemental Witch, #1)
  • Wonderland Academy: Year One
  • Hunter Trials (The Vampire Legacy #2)
  • How We Found You (When Tomorrow Calls #2)
  • Wishful Thinking (How to Be the Best Damn Faery Godmother in the World or Die Trying, #1)
  • White Pawn (Vampire Court, #1)
  • Time Bomb (The Collapse #1)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Bound By Blood (Rogues Of Magic, #1)
  • Unicorn Mates (Valentine Pride, #1)
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

City of Wishes (7 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)
  • City of Wishes: The Complete Cinderella Story