Start by marking “Song for a Lost Kingdom: Love Never Surrenders (Song For A Lost Kingdom #2)” as Want to Read:
Song for a Lost Kingdom: Love Never Surrenders (Song For A Lost Kingdom #2)

Song for a Lost Kingdom: Love Never Surrenders

(Song For A Lost Kingdom #2)

“One of those rare stories that seem to make you part of the story, not just a reader. The combination of history, intrigue, drama and romance, not to mention time travel... awesome!!" - Raewynn Osborne

Music is not bound by time...

And Adeena Stuart is not bound by anything that will stop her from saving the man she’s fallen in love with, even though he’s be

Published July 30th 2019 by DWA Media

To ask other readers questions about Song for a Lost Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song for a Lost Kingdom

Start your review of Song for a Lost Kingdom: Love Never Surrenders (Song For A Lost Kingdom #2)
Noriko
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
When you read a really good, incredibly absorbing, emotionally engaging book, you’ll be rendered useless, incapable of doing nothing other than just reading along.
Which is, simply put, what exactly happened to me while I was reading this book.

First and foremost, this is quite the heck of an emotional roller coaster ride; this book had me feeling all sorts of feelings and emotions, I don’t think I can ever write a coherent review, so here’s a heads-up; pretty gushy review is coming your way.

Thi
Lili  Marcus
This book is so underrated.

When I read Book 1, I was so fascinated by the concept of music connecting time. Music have been used in fictional stories so many times but not like this though this concept reminded me of an Asian (Korean or Japanese) teen movie where the girl went to the future and she plays piano. I forgot the title because I’ve watched a long time ago, so if any of you find this familiar, please tell me the title. but I remember liking it the same way I liked Adeena’s story. And
Jessica Belmont
I loved Song for a Lost Kingdom (book 1), but it ended on a cliffhanger. I’ve been dying to know what happened, and I was pumped when the opportunity to read Book 2 presented itself. I had so many questions and couldn’t wait to dive in.

Book 2 answered my questions but gave me more to ponder. It starts off immediately where book 1 left off. Adeena has been brought out of her coma. The time travel in this novel is really compelling. It’s clear Steve Moreitti did his research and that really helped
Marti
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful 18th century period story with a romantic time travel twist. Modern day musician Adeena falls into a coma and wakes up as Katharine, a woman embroiled in a war between Britain and Scotland. Katherine/Adeena is struggling to save her true love from death in the coming slaughter of the Battle of Culloden. Can Katharine alter history? Can the neurosurgeons save Adeena?
This story grabs you by the throat and doesn’t let go! I received an eARC with no strings attached.
Shomeret
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I reviewed the first Song For A Lost Kingdom novel, I said that it might be described as Outlander with music. Adeena Stuart, the time traveling protagonist, is a musician whose main concern in both 21st century Canada and 18th century Scotland is her music. This is what I loved most about Song For A Lost Kingdom #1. I was looking forward to reading more about this singer/cellist in the Song For A Lost Kingdom #2 ARC that I received for free from the author.

Music is still present in the li
Shalini
This was second book in the series. The first dealt with how Adeena, on playing the Duncan Cello, traveled to the past and became Katharine. The story had been left with a cliffhanger where Adeena fell into a deep coma.

Book 2 showed me the depths of what happened to both of them. Adeena was in coma but had travelled to the eighteenth century to be with James and to save his life. In the 21st century, doctors along with her parents tried various techniques to bring Adeena out of her coma and to s
Diane
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best time travel books I've read in a while. This is the continuing story of Adeena and her adventures in the 18th century along with the stories of her family and friends in the 21st century who are desperately trying to get her back. The author has done his homework both on the history between Scotland and England in the 18th century and on medical procedures and it shows in his writing. The story and lead characters are captivating, the world building is excellent and the supportin ...more
Deborah Stovall
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an early copy of the script for review and I'm so glad I got it.
I like the premise of this book, the series. It's a fascinating concept which Steve Moretti has brought to life in a good story. There are two main characters, Adeena and James, and a cast of characters to cheer for and others you just wish to boo. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep it interesting with possible hints of what is to come. This book is a good read and I definitely recommend it.
Fiona Andrew
Shelves: 2019-books
Totally enthralled by these books. This is the second book in this series and the story just keeps getting better and better. We are moved through time and space by the wonderfully evocative music written by Katherine/Adeena. In the present Adeena is in a coma, fighting for her life, while Katherine is in Scotland supporting the Jacobites. How can they survive and who will end up where. Put aside time to read these books, you won’t be able to stop reading till the end. Highly recommend..
Barbara
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Set aside a weekend for this well-written romance with heart-stopping twists which shifts between 1745 and 2019. I read an ARC and this voluntary review is my own opinion.
Mick Dubois
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, historical
Tina L
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome storyline! This book has romance, history, mystery, love of country and of a special music! I think many of us had dreams of a love like this...
Thank you Mr. Steve Moretti for sharing your story!
Nevine Ramirez
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Song For a Lost Kingdom II will quickly draw you in, touch your soul, and make you feel personally invested in the plight of each and every character. Hard to put down and downright addictive. Step into a beautifully crafted world of history, romance and mystery.
Keera Moretti
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Normally I dont like reading, but as soon as i started this book i couldnt put it down! Definitely one of my new favorite books. You become completely captivated by the characters.. the ending was so unexpected and a real shocker. I can NOT wait for book 3.
Teresa Kilpatrick
Nov 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this novel by Book Siren, any and all opinions and commentary are my own and in no way reflect the author, Book Siren or any other reviewers. This book is the first in a trilogy with a prequel added, it involves time-travel, historical events, and a bit of romance. As being a part of series, it does end with a cliff-hanger and unanswered questions. All and all a good book.

I don’t know what to say about this book. The premise was awesome to begin with, an interesting twi
Patty Bertrand
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly felt like I was in this book as perhaps a chamber maid observing behind a curtain. I felt like I was there on the horse crossing the Forge with them it was a very exhilarating book . I was so excited there were more books after number one and now that I finished with this; I can’t wait to read the third one . This author has really got me , so I’ll definitely be following him no matter what he writes . He really is a good writer and he’s really RE sparked my interest in history. I’ve alw ...more
Karen
Jan 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
This is an historical fiction novella. It is yo follow the prequil so you can understand the characters but can be a stand alone book. She just stops and gives you enough to get excited. It is a time travel book. The storyline is well developed with the intro to believable and interesting characters, so you get to know the characters before the series. Bethany Mason and Tom Mc Lean do a great job with audible and maintain your interest. I enjoyed this book.
Billye Herndon
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good but not as good as the other book and prequel.

I was a little disappointed in this book. The prequel and book 1 were better. I think this one had too many offshoots and dwelled on the fighting too much. I understand that the battles were an Intricate part of the story. The twist at the last was a very nice touch. And, don’t get me wrong, I would recommend this book.

This is my honest review.
Kathryn Dean
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
This was the most relaxing book I have ever listened to. I loved the music with the reading when the people was reading different parts. More Audiobooks should be done this way.
Jan Hackman Roberts
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story

Loved the first two books !! Time travel, music, History of Scotland and a wonderful! Love story !! Looking forward to the third novel
Leda
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entralling follow-up of the series.
Linda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
War

I kept worrying about Cullodin , getting closer and closer and how They were all going to be slaughtered. The storey was a good end for book 2.
Ondrea Leikvoll
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down!

I read the first book and was immediately hooked by the idea of being pulled through time by music. I fell in love with the characters and waited (impatiently) for book 2.

This one didn't disappoint! Pulling you back and forth through time and countries, I was pulled into the Jacobite rebellions of 1746. I knew only a little of the history but could feel the pride, courage, and even exhaustion and desperation, of the men and women who fought for their beloved country.

The bo
Jolie
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the cliffhanger ending of Song for a Lost Kingdom (Book 1), I was more than ready to read Song for a Lost Kingdom (Book 2). I had so many questions that stemmed from book one that I was hoping would be answered in book 2. I am happy to say that book 2 of Song for a Lost King answered all my questions. But more were raised that I hope to get answered in the next book.

Song for a Lost Kingdom takes place immediately after the events of book 1. Adeena had been brought out of her coma and is de
Alaknanda Agarwal
Read the full review here.

Superb storyline + gripping writing = A.M.A.Z.I.N.G book.

Song For a Lost Kingdom took me on a such a wave of symphony– I never wanted it to end. The only thing it fell short of, was giving me a live orchestra recital.
With every page that I turned, the story got further from reality, further from the world as we know it, and yet, somehow, it all made perfect sense.
Hell, it made me root for Lady Katherine! And Adeena Stuart. That would have been two people, except they’re
Mary
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay, so you will have to bear with me for a moment because I read book 1 and 2 back to back. So this is going to be a fairly quick overview. This is a historical fantasy with romance that takes place in both 1745/46 and 2018/19. Adeena in the present day is a Cellist / Katharine (1745) is a Cellist and a Composer and is in the middle of the Jacobite rebellion with a brother on each side. Katharine’s heart belongs to James Drummond a Jacobite who is leading an army for the Prince to take back Sc ...more
Mary
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that this is a very well researched book. As someone who loves history I appreciate how much research has to have gone into it. In this book you will be submerged into the rebellion of 1745/46. I enjoyed the writing of the book I feel the writing style was perfect for the subject matter.

The time travel element was interestingly done Adenna does not physically go back in time. Her consciousness is what travels through time and into Katharine Carnegie. However there were tim
Irene
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought Song for a Lost Kingdom, Book II, was wonderful. It was a great sequel with many of the characters from the first book given more depth and complexity. I found the story line exciting, dramatic and imaginative and a real page turner. The descriptions of the action and setting made me wonder if the author had traveled to the 17th century to be able to convey time travel so convincingly.
Sometimes I just wanted to shake Adeena to give up her love of music and James and return to this cen
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Full review: https://swiftcoffee.blog/2019/08/23/b...

Rated 3.75 stars.

Let’s get to the point: I honestly don’t know if the sequel has lived up to my expectations or not. I did like it very much, and all the potential is still there (the story is still not finished), the story has its strong points, and it’s definitely one of the most original things that I’ve ever read. So, I really cannot say that it’s not good, or that I didn’t enjoy it. It is, and I did. I don’t even say that it’s something c
Amy
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is like in the first book her soul was lost, now she is finding her true self.

You can read my full review here.

I liked the story and I am interested to see what book 3 has in store for us.

• Song for a Lost Kingdom: Music is Not Bound by Time (Song For A Lost Kingdom #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • The Tide Between Us: An Epic Irish-Jamaican Story of Passion, Loss and Inescapable Destinies
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Other Wife
  • Ryan's Christmas (DCI Ryan Mysteries #15)
  • The Girl Behind the Gates
  • The Burning Sea (Furyck Saga, #2)
  • The First Time We Met
  • Dark Alpha's Caress (Reaper #10)
  • In a Field of Blue
  • Just For The Birds (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #10)
  • Royals (Royals, #1)
  • Uneasy Spirits (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #2)
  • Legacy of Light
  • Whisky and Wishes (Dark Kings Book 19)
  • A Murder on Long Island (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 2)
  • All the Colours of Darkness (Inspector Banks, #18)
I studied journalism at Carleton U. in the last century when it was still a 'profession', but my real education was at the radio station, CKCU-FM. The mighty 93.1.

Worked in public education in Ottawa and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Ran my own software business for 20 amazing years.

Now writing historical fantasy and more.

Song For A Lost Kingdom (3 books)
  • Song for a Lost Kingdom: The Heart Beats in Time (Song For A Lost Kingdom #3)

News & Interviews