Start by marking “Zatanna & the House of Secrets” as Want to Read:
Zatanna & the House of Secrets

Zatanna & the House of Secrets

Welcome to the magical, mystical, topsy-turvy world of the House of Secrets, where Zatanna embarks on a journey of self-discovery and adventure ... all with her pet rabbit, Pocus, at her side

Zatanna and her professional magician father live in a special house, the House of Secrets, which is full of magic, puzzles, mysterious doors, and storybook creatures--it's the house
Paperback
Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Zatanna & the House of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zatanna & the House of Secrets

Start your review of Zatanna & the House of Secrets
Andrew
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a good story about a kid that finds out they possess magic powers--- Zatanna did not disappoint! She did not know the extent of her magician father's powers until a mysterious evil queen appears in her house, looking for a secret. Her dad is nowhere to be found, and her house has turned into an unimaginable puzzle! I loved the humor, and I especially loved Pocus, Zatanna's feisty talking rabbit sidekick.
Amanda
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read as an ARC. While this is definitely a book geared toward kids — in that it’s lighter, less serious, and more charming than its comic book counter parts — this graphic novel captured the essence of Zatanna. The consistency of her backstory and magic paired well with the new setting. I loved young Zatanna and in turn young Klarion the Witch Boy with his familiar Teekl.

I adored the art style and character design along with the character interactions, but felt the plot a bit lacking. In middle
Jaymie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received an electronic review copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

A fun, magical story about Zatanna discovering her powers and dealing with the Witch Queen and Witch Boy in the House of Secrets. I adored the library scene and the character Zatanna finds there. Zatanna's development, the ways she builds her confidence through the story. is terrific!

My only "complaint" is that the talking bunny had to be called a "familiar" which will put
Frances Bland
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Zatanna is just trying to survive middle school. She and her stage-magician Dad live in a mysterious house with an adorable pet rabbit, Pocus. Zatanna believes that her father's magic tricks are just illusions, until one fateful day when she encounters real magic. She realizes that the house holds more secrets than she ever knew, and she must navigate trick stairs, cold dungeons, and enigmatic doors to escape the clutches of a wicked sorceress and save her father.

I loved this comic from start to
Engel Dreizehn
ARC Copy...I did like this "kiddie" take on Zatanna (and by extension Klarion the Witch Boy). I did like "comic legacy" traits of the characters like the backwards magic, stage magician persona and Teekl the cat are retained. The illustrations are magically beautiful!
Terri
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. Of zatanna as a child with a bit of mystery and magic . Colorful engaging illustrations . Perfect for young readers or any fan of Zatanna
Cute, fun, quick read. Thanks to the publisher for an ARC.
Kim
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, illustrated, fantasy
Kids 2nd to 4th or 5th grade who are into magic will like this one. A straightforward mystery adventure with a magical rabbit sidekick.

Zatanna is a kiddo with a dead white mother and a living brown father who works as a magician. Their family also has a magical talking rabbit named Pocus and a magical house. She has a Black best friend who wants to be popular, and all the drama that goes with that. She has a brown friend who's home-schooled and bullied by the kids from her school. Mystery and
Parker Jensen
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it

This was so cute and the art was GORGEOUS.
Brittany
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute, fun, quick read about Zatanna and her origin story. I just wish the story had more to it. I felt like just as the story was starting, it ended. With that being said, I think it is a nice introduction story for middle grade readers for both those with and without knowledge of Zatanna.
alicat
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a cute and fun read! Loved the art.
Rachel Sharpe
Dec 16, 2019
Lauren
Sep 21, 2019
Kat
rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2019

• Shadow of the Batgirl
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • Diana, Princess Of The Amazons
  • The Okay Witch
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (the Graphic Novel)
  • Green Lantern: Legacy
  • Anti/Hero
  • Dear Justice League
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • Bloodlust & Bonnets
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice