Start by marking “Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)” as Want to Read:
Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)

Damned Souls and a Sangria

(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #8)

Once upon a time, I was your average spunky redhead with the lamest employment history ever, a shaky relationship with my only family member, and no idea what I was doing with my life.

Now, I'm a pseudo mythic with the best bartending job in the world, the most amazing (and hot) best friends I never knew I needed, and a guild of misfit magic-users who've become my extended
ebook
Published October 2nd 2020 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Damned Souls and a Sangria, please sign up.
Katlover It is the final book in the series but I have a feeling Tori and gang will pop up in other series in this world.

Start your review of Damned Souls and a Sangria (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #8)
Ashley
Star Rating: —> every single star in every single galaxy in the entire universe.
every. single. one.

[okay— GR Official Rating: —> 5 Stars ]
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Okay. But, guys... this book! Honestly— How do I even begin to describe the amazing feelings this book has forever left me with??? Just ugh!
What PURE & EPIC BRILLIANCE;
ohmaaiheart!

I can honestly say that I have never read a more satisfying, gratifying, PERFECT series finale; EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the book just felt RIGHT, & appeared absolut
mith
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-publication
Bear with me here bc this is the first and only draft of this review and my phone currently sucks at fixing my typos so yolo!

this ending was PHENOMENAL.

And its worth repeating: phenomenal. We were with Tori for eight while books and while I'm sad her story is ending, I'm so glad that we get more of this world. So in a way, its an ending, but also not really? Silver linings, yall.

Listen I've made it no secret that I love Annette Marie's books. She has never disappointed me—literally never. I've r
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

* Beware of spoilers for past books in this series.

I can't believe we're here. This series feels like it's been a decade in the making but it only started in 2018. This group of characters will probably still be seen in the spin-offs of this series that the author has announced. So we won't technically have to miss them because they'll be in the background of those books (*fingers crossed*).

HA! I was on the right team for once in my life from the start! It feels so good
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Q:
‘Most people in this world are carried by the current, but beware the rare few who create waves with every step they take.’ (c)
Q:
... between their excessively anti-demon members who’d tried to kill Ezra and their unexpectedly pro-demon members who’d tried to kill me, I wasn’t a fan. (c)

So, the Crow and Hammer's up in arms:
Q:
“The Crow and Hammer has called Vancouver home for over fifty years.” Darius’s gaze speared each guild member, one after another, as he spoke. “And we will allow neither a
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This was absolutely AMAZING! I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I was sad, I was elated, I truly felt it all. This was everything I wanted and with some things I didn't even know I needed. An absolutely perfect ending to this series and I truly don't think there is anything else I could have asked for. I can't wait to read the end of Robyn and Zylas's story now! ...more
Montzalee Wittmann
Damned Souls and a Sangria
(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #8)
by Annette Marie
I never really liked Tori all that much until this book. I enjoyed this whole series and how it weaved the Demon series in with it. I love how well developed the characters are and the terrific fantasy is fresh and unique. Lots of great creatures fighting the main characters which is always pretty fun!😁
Read these in order! Read the Demon series too!
Lauren
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last Spellbound book! I cried when it appeared in my box, then I laughed and cried some more as the story turned. I savored every moment and then grinned as it came it it's inevitable end. Tori's story is adventure, finding family being a bad ass and making my heart skip beats. And then there is Twiggy! ;)
READ THIS SERIES! :) Now I have the last Demonized book to look forward to and I know I'll see a little of the Spellbound gange in that book.
Arunimaa
An absolutely delicious finale to this mindblowing journey delivered by Annette Marie.

DSAAS is the eighth and the final book to The Guild Codex : Spellbound series and if you are reading this review then I am assuming you are a Guild codex fan (if not a fan then a GC reader at least) or else you wouldn't care for the review of the final instalment. So to all GC fans - Read this asap. You will love it .

There, that is my review. If you like this series, you will be more than content with thi
☕️Kimberly
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
Ezra, Aaron, Kai, and Tori’s beloved guild are on the line as they race to save Ezra and keep themselves from being taken down. The tale hits the ground running and doesn’t letup until the end.

I laughed, held my breath, and swore as things escalated. Twists, turns, and reveals kept me intently listening. Tori and her friends are determined to save Erza and protect the Crow and Hammer. Their guild master rocked, but even he needed an assist as tensions mounted.

The romance heated and while it elat
Tracy D.
It's All In the Cards

Strength

Her strengths and weaknesses at war.

The Devil

He's broken his chains and restoring control.

The Wheel of Fortune

Brought together by fate...

The Lovers

...it will be his choice alone, but first there must be...

The Hanged Man

...a sacrifice.

This tarot reading gave me chills! "Damned Souls and a Sangria" is single-handedly the most epic conclusion to an UF series a fan could ask for. Had me up past dawn and on the edge of my seat to the point where I needed to ge

✶Rachelle✶
Shelves: arc, 2020
5 stars

Nick Jonas sums up my entire emotional mindset through this book... (view spoiler).

I had to sit on the ending of this story for a while before I was able to write up a review. Always and forever...Annette, you are a genius. I am a seasoned reader. There are very few plot lines I haven't read. Annette's books are one of those few. This makes my heart grow 3 sizes too big because it allows me to experience the joy and love of reading ag
Darce
such a brilliant conclusion to the series! more Robin and Zylas content, always wonderful, and more Zak, also wonderful.
all-round enjoyable series!!
thanks to my babe Ash for the rec xx

sorry for the short reviews ahah
Theresa
5 Stars... Fast paced, action packed, on the edge of your seat suspense, and some high octane chemical combustion of the romance kind from start to finish... Everything readers could want in the finale to this series was found in these pages... Annette Marie takes her readers on an emotional journey but leaves no loose ends that need tying; each of these characters that we have come to adore find a solid conclusion to their stories (Other than our spin-off series; so excited to hear more from Za ...more
With the help of Zak, the gang attempts to separate Ezra and Eterran. While they are successful, everyone is still on the MPD's most wanted list and ends up in jail where it is clear that Xever and his cult, have corrupted officials through Xanthe's gifts. The guild comes together to free the group and defeat Xanthe, meanwhile, Robin and Zylas are tasked with defeating Xever (which I already read about in Delivering Evil for Experts, so good!).

I'm just so happy that Ezra gets to have a HEA with
Jewel
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jewel by: Di
Shelves: fantasy-h-to-m
Actual rating: 4.25 stars

"This is a guild of second chances, lessons learned, and renewal.”

In many ways, "Damned Souls and a Sangria" was truly an epic finale. It was a great way to wrap up The Guild Codex: Spellbound series and at the same time connect the important events there to the Demonized and Warped storylines. If you have only read Spellbound at this point and you are still uncertain whether you should check out the other 2 series, this book would have a fair chance of convincing you t
Jacob
Jul 22, 2020 added it
Every chapter: (view spoiler)["br"]>["br"]> ...more
Ian
The end of the Guild Codex: Spellbound and Demonized story arcs.

But thankfully some of the characters we have grown to love will make an appearance in future books set in this world.

I can't wait.
Precious ✨
This series is a must.

This finale has left me in a boiling pot of all sorts of emotions. I want to literally thank this author for creating this world and seeing it through. The interweaving, progression, pacing. I never thought I would read a series that had more than a few books because you know sometimes people draw things out way past it’s prime but this series, this world was (and still) executed perfectly. I’m so happy and yet silently grieving (lol) that this is the finale.

Do yourself a
Rachelle Rachelle
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS TOO MUCH I CAN'T HANDLE IT

description

Okay... seriously I cried on and off through this because I'm so sad to say goodbye to Tori, Ezra, Aaron, and Kai. I hope that we see them throughout other Guild Codex books because they are just the most fun. I've never wanted to be a part of a series so freakin bad before.

This was an amazing finale, though. It was everything I ever wanted from Spellbound. Tori and Ezra 4eva <3<3<3<3
Cici
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utter perfection! I can’t trust myself to leave a review without spoiling anything so all I’ll say is that I have zero complaints. I’m 100% satisfied by this ending.
Carol (bookish_notes)
Don’t murder me, but I thought this book was just...fine. I mean, YES IT WAS ACTION-PACKED and we get the romance that’s been building up this entire time...! But I found one thing so upsetting and it just threw me into a funk for the rest of the book??? I’m still emotional about it and I am not okay.

Trigger warnings for violence, death, decapitation, and cults.

There are some big life or death moments in this book because everything’s coming to a head and who could’ve guessed it would all come
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
I knew this book was going to be epic but I didn't know how much it would rock the ever-loving socks off my feet in the process. This book was more than I ever could have expected. I suppose that I shouldn't have been surprised. Annette Marie always outdoes herself with every book she writes and she always impresses me with her incredible stories.

One of the things that I was very impressed with was the way that the author was able to wrap up all the loose ends in the story so nicely. While the
Denise Esh
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING! It was the perfect ending to this portion of the Guild Codex. It all started with Tori and it all ended with a wonderful family of characters I have grown to love. I am also grateful that the Guild Codex itself isn't finished. If you haven't read the series because you're one of those impatient people who want to read the whole thing at once, now is your time, Spellbound is complete and Annette Marie knocked it out of the park with the ending! ...more
Absolutelyred
Caitlin D
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just spent all night reading, because I couldn't put this down, so I'm keeping this short. This is an absolute masterpiece. It's everything I dreamed it would be and more. Annette Marie, your world building and writing style are exemplary, bravo. ...more
Che
4.5 Stars
Lady Jane
I love all of Annette Marie’s books, but tbh I mostly read this series to get a better understanding of Demonized- Robin and Zylas’ story is my absolute favourite, and I kinda wish Tori’s was the series that was 4 books long and Demonized 8 books long. I could honestly read about Robin and Zylas and his world forever.

I was a little disappointed with this book, also the romance fell a little flag after such a long buildup. But all in all, as usual, Annette Marie’s writing is sublime and a treat.
Carien
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying ending, but a bit too fighty at times.
Susan
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED!

Oh how I’ll miss the Crow and Hammer!! I really will miss Tori, Ezra, Aaron, and Kai. Perfect ending even though I am sad to see it go!
AℳYⒾ ♔♚♛Cofounder of Teens against YA books♛♚♔
I just have a question for Annette Marie sensei
description

How come you're so so good?
#WritingGoddess

Guys!! If you haven't ever heard of Annette Marie sensei, you have been following the wrong booktuber/blogger. You have to read her books like yesterday.

• From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Overtaken (The Warrior Chronicles, #6)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • Marked (House of Night, #1)
  • Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #1)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Sparkle Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #3.5)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta, #4)
  • Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
  • Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
  • Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, romantic fantasy Red Winter, and sassy UF series The Guild Codex.

Her first love is fantasy, while fast-paced adventures and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has inquired as to whether she intends to include th

The Guild Codex: Spellbound (9 books)
  • Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #2)
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
  • Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #6)
  • Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #7)
  • The One and Only Crystal Druid (The Guild Codex: Unveiled #1)