Start by marking “Endless Stretch of Blue” as Want to Read:
Endless Stretch of Blue

Endless Stretch of Blue

Lorenzo Moretti and Damon Blackwell have never met, but they're tied together by the same tragedy. They were both there that night. They each lost someone they loved. They've been living as shells of their former selves ever since. Running into each other and realizing their shared pasts? Pure serendipity.

Being together is a tingle at the base of Enzo's spine, a comfort th
Published July 21st 2019 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Endless Stretch of Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endless Stretch of Blue

Start your review of Endless Stretch of Blue
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Damon and Enzo are merely existing. Both men lost a loved one "that night" (Damon his only sister, Enzo his older brother). Both are grieving.

Nine months after the event that changed their lives, Damon sees Enzo go into an alley. When several thugs follow, he jumps in to save Enzo from a beating or worse.

When I first read the blurb, I assumed the men had been present during a nightclub shooting, a tragedy similar to Pulse. But that's not the case. What happened was a terrible accident, whi
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Endless Stretch of Blue is a stand alone M/M romance by Riley Hart. This is the story of two men, both at the lowest point of their lives. Fate gives them a nudge and they meet and find something in each other that no one else has been able to provide, peace, comfort, and love. It’s the story of healing hearts and finding “the one.”

Lorenzo (Enzo) Moretti is a thirty year old carpenter, and Damon Blackwell is a thirty seven year old who works in the office of a hospital. Both of these men are str
Meags
4.5 Stars

I’ve always been a fan of Riley Hart’s books, yet this one stands out as particularly memorable among her recent releases.

Beautifully written and emotionally engaging, Endless Stretch of Blue tells the story of two very different men, both dealing with the heartache and pain they each suffer after losing a sibling in a terrible night club fire.

The story picks up almost a year after the tragedy, with 30-year-old Enzo and 37-year-old Damon meeting serendipitously in their darkest time. A
Erth
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story touched me deeply and brought actual tears to my eyes. Both MC's have lost a sibling and are struggling to deal with their grief and survivor's guilt. There's a beautifully written, haunting sadness in this book, a sense of such deep sorrow. The connection and growing love between Enzo and Damon was epic and incredibly powerful, building slowly from friendship to a gradual awareness of an even deeper, stronger feeling. What I loved the most was how safe they feel with each other at al ...more
Diana
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I was reading this one, I hit a well and I was not sure if I was going to finish it. On the plus side, I really liked both MC’s and I wanted to see how it would all work out. Once I pushed through the first 25/30% which was really an angst fest, the book took a turn and felt a little lighter.

Enzo and Damon were both suffering from survivor’s guilt over a tragedy with each of them losing a sibling. Both Enzo and Damon had a lot of family issues to deal with, but being there for each other m
Jan
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
*** 3 Stars ***

A nice angsty story about losing someone you love, drowning in guilt, putting yourself back together, making peace with your family and yourself and finally finding love in the middle of this shitload of issues.
In spite of being a consistent and a pleasant read, it didn't awe me as I was expecting.
High expectations are the worst. 😰
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Out of all the books I've read by this author, this is the most boring. Yet somehow, this is one of the highest rated of all her books (on avg.)

Huh.

So, it's about 2 straight men who discover, through a shared experience, that they are actually soulmates and not that straight after all. The author once again "teaches" us something about sexuality - pansexual for example. She taught demisexual in the last book I read by her.

Not sure I like these clinical little educational pieces.

And because I've
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

It was fine. I didn't love it. I didn't hate it.

Nothing really exciting happened.

Nothing really annoying happened. Well the pet name "fancy" annoyed me some.

Definitely more reminiscent of Riley Hart's older work.

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This reminds me of why I fell in love with MM Romance, and why I still continue to fall.

This totally takes me back to the beginning for me when GFY was the best thing ever! It still is sometimes and this made me remember exactly why.

Such a great romance that I didn't want to put down.
Rachel Emily
One of my all time favorites from Riley is Crossroads, so when I saw she was working on another double G/O/OFY story I was immediately interested.

I thought this story was just beautiful. Enzo and Damon meet each other and become friends, not knowing at the beginning just how intertwined their lives really are. Both men have suffered major trauma and loss, and both are struggling to cope and get through daily life when they first meet.

The more time they spend together, the closer they become. A
Denise H.
***** A beautifully written and entrancing book by Riley Hart. We love our men right away and want them to be whole. Each man was at a club fire and lost a beloved family member. Carpenter, black haired Italian Lorenzo/Enzo, 30, lost his older brother, Ricky. They have a huge family. A hospital worker, 37, Damon lost his sister, and now visits his only relative, his Mom, in an Alzheimer's Unit. Damon is in anguish and guilt, as is Enzo.
This cover is magnificent...

Damon has a shaved head, glass
Sanaa
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Life was a work in progress for everyone, and you never stopped learning or working along the way.

Out of all the books I've read by Riley Hart, this book is probably the one that stands out the most. And probably my favorite as well. It was heartbreaking, yet beautiful and uplifting. I liked the characters and that they didn't shy away from who they were. It also didn't hurt that this was one of Riley's sexier books. I mean, damn, it was hot!

This was a sad book but definitely wo
.Lili.
-Friends to lovers
-Hurt/comfort/healing
-Bisexual discovery
-Family drama
-Dual POVs

While I enjoyed it overall, I felt like the second half was anticlimactic. Nothing really happened. I was waiting for the "oh, sh*t" moment that typically occurs at 70-80% but it never came.

3.5 Stars
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this book. It grabbed my attention from the first page, and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Enzo is a 30 year old carpenter, who specializes in doing cabinets, and loves what he does. But he feels like he's never good enough compared to his older brother Ricky, who seems to be perfect, and who his mother seems to compare him to and want him to aspire to be instead of being who he is. It affects Enzo greatly over his life, and when Ricky dies in a fire at the night club Enz
Eugenia
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
MoodyJess
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love conquers all!!!

Endless Stretch Of Blue was a heartfelt emotional read which kept me turning page after page.

I fell in love with Damon and Enzo. Both extremely well written characters. I adored them both and thought they were perfect for one another.

A different take on a strangers to lovers M/M romance but one I’ll never forget. I love being kept on my toes!

A perfect summer read with little to NO angst but definitely a read which will consume you make you think about life and love with eye
BR11
Really enjoyed it! Recommend!
K. Webster
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riley Hart does it again! She delivers a steamy yet extremely emotionally packed love story that hits you right in the feels! I'm quickly becoming obsessed with her work! Her characters are absolutely perfect to me. I love them soooo much! This story was heartbreaking but beautiful! I can't stop thinking about it! Enzo and Damon will steal your heart and never give it back! My soul is full after this book! Highly recommend! Five ENDLESS EMOTIONS Stars! ...more
Denise
3.5 Stars

While I enjoyed the story, there was something "off" about it for me but I cannot pinpoint what exactly. I liked the MCs and I appreciated that this was a slow burn, but I never fully bought their love. There was a lot of family drama, some eyebrow-raising sex scenes (view spoiler). I couldn't stand Enzo's family, except for his sister, and they caus
Maygirl7
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
This kind of gay for you story feels so ten years ago. Though I think in the arc of m/m development it is more like 10 dog years rather human years. So probably 5 years ago. I don’t buy it anymore.
Chris
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-contemporary
I loved this, the emotion, the heart and the vulnerability. Tragic circumstances that led to tortured souls. Guilt is a terrible thing to live with and this was an honest depiction of that emotion. I adored these two men who found each other and themselves within such tragedy. Beautiful ❤️
~nikki the recovering book addict
Hmmm.....

Hmmmmmmm.... I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it was able to make me cry. On the other hand, I couldn’t stop my engineer brain from dissecting everything. It just didn’t pull me in so completely. In fact, I almost DNFed so many times. I only kept going because I kept feeling like I was missing something what with all the awesome reviews it was getting 🥴 what’s wrong with me?!?

I felt like the author was trying to create these layers to the characters but it just didn’t
Meep
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
The first half is ok then the book seriously drags. It's an unconvincing GFY they go from straight to snogging in a blink with no lead up. Then it takes a bit of a lecturing tone to decide if they're bi, pan...
It's the same as Crossroads but in that book there was character. In this there's a shared tragedy, shared survivors guilt, shared loneliness. They connected fairly randomly and that would have been ok if we saw them doing things together. Instead it's shared angst and a focus on sex. I sk
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
This vaguely reminded me of Saint and Lucky in that there was a pervasive sadness throughout the book (especially Saint & Lucky's second book.) It was "pretty" like a sad song can be.

I loved both Enzo and Damon and although there wasn't much angst between them it was more them trying to come to terms with tragedy.

I really enjoyed this and definitely recommend this.
Eleeze
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, gfy, mild-angst
4.25*

That was so good! It could have been shorter in portions and longer in others, but overall is was very good.-
Alex
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4.5
What a heartbreaking and sweet story
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be entirely enjoyable and poignant. It deals with the loss of siblings after a shared tragedy. The two main characters are entirely different, but they bond over the loss of their loved ones and it was beautiful how their friendship evolved into something so much more. They became each others anchors but at the same time they were able to communicate how putting too much dependency in one other could result in negative after effects in their relationship. They took the time ...more
Lois
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

I think this was my favorite book from Riley Hart. It had all the emotional depth and angst I love. And two times first-time-gay-for-you (this term isn't the best, but somehow it fits with this story).
It was an emotional and tearful story, but loved how the angst wasn't centered around Enzo and Damon's relationship - which was near perfect. They felt strong together right from the start.
So, Ms. Hart, please give me more like this.
Kelsie ♡
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Like I said in my update this really reminded me of Riley’s early work (which was my favorite) so I enjoyed it a lot. The connection and steam were there along with a more mature tone that I’ve missed from her recent work.
Bibliophile
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Deeply emotional, yet light and saccharine sweet at the same time. I enjoyed reading it. :)
Turning Pages At ...: Endless Stretch of Blue (M/M Buddy Read) by Riley Hart 60 17 Sep 23, 2019 05:40AM

• #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • A Breath Apart
  • The Guy in the Window
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • Bailey (Confessions, #6)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • Change of Heart
  • Long Way Home
  • What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Future Ex Enemy (Future #3)
  • Soul on Fire
  • Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)
  • Can't Touch
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.