Start by marking “Wolf's Bane (Otherworld Stories #13.8)” as Want to Read:
Wolf's Bane (Otherworld Stories #13.8)

Wolf's Bane

(Otherworld: Kate and Logan #1)

Summer camp is a traditional teenage rite of passage, but when you add supernatural powers to the typically high dosage of adolescent hormones – you get an even more combustible mix. Sixteen-year-old werewolf twins Kate and Logan Danvers are none too thrilled at being shipped off to a supernatural youth leadership conference in West Virginia.

From the moment they arrive
Published October 15th 2019 by K.L.A. Fricke Inc (first published December 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf's Bane, please sign up.
Kathy B
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Wolf's Bane (Otherworld Stories #13.8)
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As per the author: This is a YA duology that ends with a cliffhanger.

If you don't like cliffhangers then wait until March 2020 when the second book is released. Don't give the book 1 or 2 stars simply because you don't like cliffhangers.

My review: I am a huge Kelley Armstrong fan and will read anything that she writes. The Women of the Otherworld series is my favorite adult paranormal series. I have read every book and every novella. I love this series. Wolf's Bane is a spin-off YA series
Darcy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, ya, shifters, 2019
The Otherworld stories were some of favorites, with the werewolves being the best for me. So when I learned there were new books with Kate and Logan growing up I was all in.

I find the twins to be about what I expected them to be at 16 with their parents who they are. Very smart, very sarcastic not able to put up with bullshit at all. The two of them going to came just screams that if it can go wrong it will and sure enough that happens. What is a bit surprising are the allies that they find and
Caitlin
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Be warned, the end is a terrible cliffhanger.

Told from Kate and Logan's POVs, the story focuses on a summer camp/meeting of the supernatural races. I'm not completely sold on these new characters. Logan in particular makes some choices that don't quite make sense for his character. But it's an intriguing set up, and the end made me want to know more.
Kelly Young
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely excellent. As an adult, you wouldn't know this is for teens as you read it. It is Armstrong's usual page turner, with engaging characters, complex themes and a fast pace.
I must say, however, that had I known the book ended with a to-be-continued, I might have waited to read it until the second one comes out.
Lola
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I haven't kept up with all the Otherworld novella's I knew I had to read Wolf's Bane as it follows the stories of the twins Kate and Logan, they are the kids form Elena and Clay from the Otherworld series. However this mostly reads as a new story and I think that worked just fine. It's set in the same world ofcourse and Elena, Clay and Jeremy from the main series make an appearance, but only a short one. This is really Kate's and Logan's story.

Wolf's Bane is told from both Kate and Logan's
Alison
Logan and Kate Danvers get sent to Supernatural Summer Camp but what with strangely aggressive campers, weird sexual undertones, unknown supernaturals and camp leaders who seem to be fuelling the aggression.

As Kelley Armstrong has noted, this is part 1 of a two part story so it ends on a cliff-hanger but for a novella length book this certainly packs a punch, camp fires were never like this in my day!

Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Update June 16th:

According to a post on the authors FB page, this book will be releasing in ebook/paperback/audio sometime in October of this year because it has an exclusivity deal with Radish until then. This book is part of a duology, so book #2 titled 'Wolf's Curse' will follow in early 2020. You can find the authors original post here.
Strega
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cliffhanger endings are seriously annoying.

Lots of teen angst, very little explanation, no resolution, and a cliffhanger.
Scratch
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
First and foremost, I am grateful and relieved to have a return to the Otherworld. I came into the series a little late, bingeing most of the books in 2011. So then I was in time to read "Thirteen" shortly after it came out in 2012. While that ostensibly closed out the series, Kelley Armstrong has released several novellas or short stories set in the Otherworld post-Thirteen. I have harbored some resentment ever since she attempted to conclude the series, especially because she gave an interview ...more
Kathleen Thibault
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans
Kelley Armstrong’s latest installment of the beloved series Women of the Otherworld is actually pretty controversial, which makes for a pretty great review!

Since the release of the physical version of Wolf’s Bane this October, the author’s been nothing less than ripped to shreds by the critics. So let’s get the obvious out of the way. Yes, the first installment of the Logan & Kate duology is short at 260 pages and yes, it ends in a cliff hanger. Armstrong stated on social media that it’s
Debra
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, Logan and Kate are sixteen years old and have their own book. This is a young adult book, so it is different from most books in the Otherworld series. And this book is the first of two books, so the ending is a cliffhanger to be completed in the second book.

The story centers on the twins having to go to a supernatural youth leadership conference. They are not happy. No one seems happy to have a pair of werewolves at the conference, and then things get bad.

I liked catching up with Logan
Marcella Zatwarniski
I am a huge Kelley Armstrong fan and she did not disappoint. Can't wait until the conclusion comes out in Spring!!

Wolf's Bane is a branch off off her Women of the Otherworld series. About werewolf twins of Elaina and Clayton Danvers. Kate and Logan are sent off to a supernatural camp for teens, only things are not what they seem. Something is way off and not right....
Nik
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I NEED answers!!

I originally read this on Radish when it was only available on there, I am so happy Kelley Armstrong decided to release in paperback too. The story flows so much better being able to read the whole book instead of a chapter a day.

Plus the paperback went a little further than what I remember the Radish copy being. I loved the Otherworld series so much and was so disappointed when she decided to end it. So these little novellas that pop up every now and then make me very happy!
Kathy Davie
I'm annoyed by this one. It really should have been a full-length story, but it appears that Armstrong is jumping onto the bandwagon of authors who release bits and pieces of the whole story. The rest of it (I hope) is said to be available for release next year.

If I were you, I'd wait until she publishes the rest of this and buy the whole damned book.

It is a good story, but I see these partials as a cheat.
Kathy Martin
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I have to say that this isn't a whole story. It is the first of a duology and most of the major plot points are left unresolved and waiting for the second book. However, it is a good introduction to Otherworld stories for those new to the world. It introduces Kate and Logan who are twins and the children of the Alpha of the Pack wolves and the enforcer for the pack.

Logan and Kate are sixteen and going through some growing pains. They have always been each other's main companion and
Nona
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
We have upset kelley armstrong....

By now we have all seen the reviews, and KA isn't happy.
I love Kelley Armstrong. I have almost every book she has ever written. She is an author -god that I shall always buy.......
But I failed to get the memo, along with many readers, that this book is a "cliffhanger".
To put it mildly, there is no closure, no ending, no nada; just a big yawning void. I never knew that was the definition of cliffhanger. The story is great, as her stories are. I was ecstatic that
Lesley
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this can't wait for more.
Ella
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The basic premise is that Kate and Logan Danvers a pair of teenaged werewolves are invited to a sort of “interracial” summer camp where the various supernatural races can get together and more importantly, get to know each other a little better.
Although dreading what sounds like a pretty lame experience the twins go on the advice of their mother, Elena, the Alpha of the North American werewolf pack – werewolves you see have a less than stellar reputation in the supernatural community and the
Maria
Logan and Kate are teenage werewolves. Sent to a Summer Camp with other supernaturals, they quickly realize that something is not right... that the creepy, vague legends of the woods might hold more truth than anyone wants to believe.

Why I started this book: Armstrong's Otherworld series has been on my automatic read list since Bitten.

Why I finished it: Great start, but I didn't realize that it was part of a sub series and the abrupt ending left me reaching for my calendar, and cursing that
Oct 22, 2019 added it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Feeling kind of annoyed. This was a short story, which finishes on a massive cliff hanger. A total doozy. And the next book is not due out till 2020. Uncool.

The mystery was completely Scooby and a perfect read for October and I really enjoyed it hugely. Just wish the whole thing was out in its entirety. Instead of having to pay $6 for the first book and what looks like $8 for the second. What a rip off.
Jess || WildBookBabe
I read this as an e-serial on Radish and oh my God. It was so amazing!! I was captivated from the first sentence and I love getting to read about the twins, Kate and Logan. Being back in the otherworld is the best thing ever! Kelley is a writing Genius and the twins are perfection! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS and that cliffhanger was brutal! I cant wait for book 2!
Allison
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-a-copy
Ughhh why did this have to end at such a cliffhanger! Nothing got resolved! I need to know where Paige is and if Kate, Logan, and everyone else will be okay!
✿Danielle✿
Kate & Logan Danvers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read 6/2/20
Merlin’s Cove
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how glad I am to be back in the Otherworld!! I’ve missed it so much since the main series ended and always hoped there would be more - granted I now feel ancient as it’s the next generation taking up the baton but I’m still happy I get more adventures!

The same snark and sass are here, just like every other instalment. Strong women, good guys who aren’t all testosterone’d up, a refreshing lack of stereotypes and a welcome level of inclusivity- not to mention some pretty good commentaries on
Alexandra
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5*

Full review here: https://www.allcharacterswanted.com/b...

I was rereading the Women of the Otherworld series over the holiday season and happened to visit Kelley Armstrong's website to see what upcoming books she had. Imagine my joy when I found out that she had written a book about the grown-up children of Elena and Clay!

Danvers Twins Are Teenagers!
I love that we're getting to see Kate and Logan as teens. It's such an emotional time in people's lives, which is probably only made harder
Isabella Hunter
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been waiting for this since 2012. To say I was excited is an understatement.

I'd read all the women of the otherworld series as well as the vast majority of the spin off so I knew what to expect with this book, already being very familiar with Kate and Logan. That isn't to say that you need to have read the plethora of books to understand this one. The start of the book introduces you to the pack and werewolves in general and throughout the next few chapters so new readers aren't overloaded
Cherryonion
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
This book is like returning to your favourite place. It's so nice to have another story within the Otherworld universe and particularly about the werewolves, where it all began. This is the first part of a two-part story about the (now) teenage Danvers twins. As always, the writing is easy and the characters and banter feels comfortable and effortless. You could say all her main characters have similar traits, but if you love them, to me that's not a criticism. Instead it makes her stories feel ...more
Diana Brown
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was hard to rate. I love Kelley’s books/writing and some of this was really great. Reading a book from Kate and Logan POV was a highlight but I agree with a couple of other reviewers the Radish app isn’t really for me, nor am I a huge fan of cliffhanger endings although I was expecting it since that is what usually happens in Kelley’s books. I have just been burned lately by books not being published when they are supposed to be (or never published). I felt I spent more than I normally ...more
Kathryn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started this yesterday and lunch and finished before bed. This is a fast-moving tale centered on Kate and Logan, twins of the pack alpha Elena and her enforcer Clay and a very enjoyable read. Paige Winterbourne, witch extraordinaire, has put together a youth leadership camp for supernaturals and wants werewolf representatives. But everything was full, now, 2 spots have opened and there's really no way Kate and Logan can get out of going.
Once they get there things look decidedly odd. A
Mimi
I'm always eager to read anything about Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld, especially about the twins, Kate and Logan, and Wolf's Bane doesn't disappoint.

With alternating POVs, Wolf's Bane tells about Kate and Logan's experiences at a leadership conference for teen supernaturals. Things keep getting weirder and weirder, both with their fellow campers and also with the counselors. Gaining support from some of the other supernaturals who are not affiliated with the troublemakers, the twins form their
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Play Book Tag: Wolf's Bane by Kelley Armstrong - 3.5 stars 1 11 Nov 16, 2019 03:19PM

• Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Badlands Witch (Cormac and Amelia Story)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • A Sacred Magic (The Wild Hunt #9)
  • Hex Life: Wicked New Tales of Witchery
  • A Longer Fall (Gunnie Rose, #2)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • Boundary Haunted (Boundary Magic, #5)
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
  • Vendetta Road (Torpedo Ink #3)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked

Otherworld: Kate and Logan (2 books)
  • Wolf's Curse (Otherworld Stories #13.9)