Start by marking “The Night Vanishing (Painter Mann Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Night Vanishing (Painter Mann Series Book 2)

The Night Vanishing

(Painter Mann #2)

After the events of The InBetween, dead private investigator Painter Mann goes to New Orleans to find clues about the identity of his murderer.

Instead, he becomes embroiled (you gotta watch out for getting embroiled, it can sneak up on you) in case involving two-headed monsters, voodoo witches and hundreds of missing ghosts.

He's also being "hunted" by the Ghost Wranglers,
Kindle Edition
Published January 16th 2020 (first published January 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Vanishing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Vanishing

Start your review of The Night Vanishing (Painter Mann Series Book 2)
Christi M
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: noir, netgalley, mystery
Painter Mann is a dead private investigator currently residing in what he calls the "In Between" - a place where people who have been murdered go instead of going to their final destination, as you will. In fact he will tell you he is the best PI in the In Between, but because he's the only one that also means he is the worst one too.

Thoughts:

When I first saw this book and its description I thought “Exactly how does this work? Are the bad guys dead too or alive? And if they are dead, who does
Penny
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series, and I liked it. I was excited to read this second one just to see what would happen. I liked that Painter didn’t look down on other like he did in the first one, and I really enjoyed him so much more than the first time around. There were new characters in this one I just loved, and one is a villain. The plot of this one is very intriguing, as well, and I was so very surprised at the end. I admit at one point towards the conclusion I was thinking surely this ...more
Valerie
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book as much as the first one. It seemed to go nowhere for a while. I found Painter to be a bit annoying as he seemed to take forever figuring out what was going on and how to fix it. I did enjoy the book. Walther is a great character in the book. #TheNightVanishing #NetGalley
Sue Plant
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book

ghosts that end up in the inbetween place because they are murder victims..just waiting for someone to find out who had murdered them so they can go on to the next place...

painter mann is a ghost that is also in the inbetween place but he knows who murdered him but he hasnt moved on...hes busy with a job helping the others to move on...

though i was intrigued with this book i felt it didnt quite do it for me...there are
Soozee
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in this excellent series. Painter Mann is a PI, but he is also dead. He has a role to play in the Inbetween, finding justice for those who were murdered. This story takes him to New Orleans, where he becomes involved in a plot to change history. Spirits have been disappearing, and Painter tries to find out what is happening, at great personal risk (yes, even for a ghost!).

I enjoy this series very much, but found this story didn't flow quite as smoothly as the first one. There
Pauline Knox
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The worlds only dead Private Investigator, Painter Mann, is back. After getting through everything in the first book, The Inbetween, he is heading to New Orleans to try to find out who murdered him.
But things are never that simple in the inbetween and he ends up dealing with voodoo, witches and even a bunch of livies from a tv show.
This book is full of diverse and entertaining characters that you will love and loathe. Another great storyline that will keep you engaged throughout. Overall, a very
Annie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

The Night Vanishing is the second book in the Painter Mann series by Dick Wybrow. Due out 16th Jan 2020, it's 329 pages and will be available in paperback and ebook formats. For Kindle Unlimited subscribers, both books in the series are currently included in the KU subscription library to borrow and read for free.

I really enjoyed this weird addition to the Painter Mann (world's only living-challenged private investigator) series. The entire book is
Kimberly
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Hearts This is an interesting story. The concept is a different one. Painter Mann is dead but still investigating just like he did when he was alive.

He is working on a case but also dealing with a paranormal investigation team (Think Ghost Hunters).

I probably would have given this story 4 instead except I didn’t realize this was the second in the series and there was a bit I didn’t understand.

I would probably try the next in the series just to see
Emily Jane
This is my first book of 2020 that I DNFR, I just didn't really understand the book? As in the plot wasn't clear to me, perhaps because I hadn't read the first one.

I really struggled with the constant swapping between Painter Mann and the Ghost Wranglers, I felt every time we hit a good plot line with one of them the next chapter immediately swapped over, it felt disjointed.

I read this on my Kindle and I got 40% of the way through without this book reallygripping me. It just wasn't the book for
James
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and these crazy characters! What a strange, wonderful world the author has created. Eerily, it almost makes you believe this other world really exists!

No spoilers but like others have said this book is full of fascinating characters that leap out at you. Jelly, Mini, the Cajun, the Wranglers ... and Walther! I'd love to see Walter in his own story, I love that guy!

The biggest complaint I have is there is NO info on a follow up story. I've seen authors end a series without
Annarella
I'm happy I discovered this new to me series because it is a very good one.
It's a well written story, engrossing and entertaining.
I liked the fleshed out cast of characters, the world building and the well crafted plot.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Robin Cheatham
Blake
Feb 12, 2020

• I Choose You
  • The Other People
  • Die for Me (Axel Steen #2)
  • Dumped, Actually
  • Who Did You Tell?
  • A Shadowed Livery (Inspector James Given Investigations #1)
  • City of Night (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein #2)
  • Prodigal Son (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein #1)
  • Hands Across The Grave
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Moral Compass
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • Tell Me Lies (Detective Max Carter #1)
  • Dead and Alive (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein #3)
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • Black Moon: The Complete Tales of Jules de Grandin, Volume Five
  • What the Night Knows (What the Night Knows, #1)
Dick Wybrow is a Canadian author. His novels are mainly set in the US, where he grew up. A former stand-up comedian, Wybrow is a humor writer who crafts thrillers that incorporate elements of suspense, horror, mystery, science fiction and fantasy.

At the age of six, Dick was given his first book by his father. It was Wind in the Willows. Naturally, that put Dick off reading for several years.

After

Painter Mann (2 books)
  • The InBetween (Painter Mann Series Book 1)