Start by marking “Wedding Score” as Want to Read:
Wedding Score

Wedding Score

Most girls dream of their wedding days. Except me. I’m too busy practicing piano and being the live soundtrack for everyone else’s weddings to think about my own. I’ve survived most of my twenties with harmonious chords and pleasant days.

So why is it that now, at twenty-seven, a discordant feeling presents itself? Is there a solid solution to loneliness when there is abso
Published October 2019

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Score, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Score

Start your review of Wedding Score
Amanda Tero
Jul 31, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It has been a year and yes, I just reread my own book. I also really needed the reminders from Psalm 37 featured in this book. And I’m not ashamed to admit it. ;) Steph’s story is still so spot on for my single life. :)

Original post:
This is a story close to my heart. Single? Pianist? Struggling with contentment? Yes, all of that applies to me. Yet the lessons I've learned in this singleness journey are ones I wish to use to encourage other single girls out there. You're not alone!!! <3
Angie Thompson
So, I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive to start this book. I was pretty sure it was going to be good, but...to be honest, sometimes it's a bit hard to read things about something you personally struggle with. As someone who's significantly older than the main character and still single despite wanting to be married, I was afraid this story would either hit a little too close to home or leave me struggling with true-but-not-helpful-at-the-moment lessons and platitudes.

But, even though t
Faith
In my minimal experience with books that will supposedly divulge The Secret Methods to Living Happily as a Single Woman, they're all pretty much the same. Sometimes they're helpful, sometimes they're not. But rarely do I find myself internally exclaiming (Yes! Exactly!) when the topic of singleness and how it feels and how to deal with it is presented.

I was pleasantly surprised to find, within the pages of Wedding Score, struggles and thoughts that I could relate to. The story was good. The mes
Jesseca Wheaton
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
So first off I feel like I should say that to date, I've loved every book I've read of Amanda's. Her Tales of Faith books are some of my very favorites, and I also love so many of her short stories.

I went into this book expecting to love it. I've played piano for years, and I can totally relate to the "watching everyone get married and in a relationship" and feeling somewhat left behind. That aspect of the book I really appreciated. And the idea of the ending being more realistic was also fanta
Kellyn Roth
3.5/5 stars

I went ahead and read this as soon as I got it because I've been super curious because everyone's been so enthusiastic! And also because I have a headache and aren't able to write. (I want to write so bad! But I can't!)

I can see why lots of people love this cute little novella! But I think I just wasn't its audience - I'm a bit too young to have worried much about singleness, especially given that very few people seem to so far be bothered by the fact that I'm not dating (Where is the
Rebekah Morris
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so true! As a single young woman who is quite a bit older than the main character, I’ve been through those same struggles: the wondering, the wishing, the feeling of not fitting in and of learning to trust that my Heavenly Father knows what He is doing. And the whole message of learning to lean on God instead of the arm of flesh was a good reminder of why some of us want a husband even if we’ve never really thought of it. I liked the ending because it wasn’t the ending we all want, ...more
R.A.
Wow! I absolutely loved this!! I love the music and spiritual aspect of it! Although I'm not that old, I can still relate to the desires of marriage and not being content! I try to go to God's word when I feel this way and trust Him!

Thank you so much for writing this, Amanda!! :)

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review!*
Olivia
*I received this book to read from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Wow. What an incredible story on singleness. Honestly, there have been very few books that I've read on this topic, and Amanda handled the subject with understanding and sweetness of spirit. In today's world, singleness is considered a shock. I had a lady recently ask me a bunch of questions about my single state, curious why I didn't have a boyfriend and the Lord reminded me how much He's given me during this time of
Deanne Patterson
Oct 29, 2019 added it
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Encouraging novella length book about a single young woman.
As a pianist she loves her music and has a strong connection with it. She also plays at many weddings and has for awhile. Now this brings her satisfaction but all her friends and ever younger friends and relatives are marrying. She's at many weddings but never as the bride.
I loved seeing how the author used this single girls struggles to show encouragement
with many bible verses and prayer along the way.
God will show us what we need and
Erika Mathews
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful and realistic little story of a single woman's life and struggles. Although singles will be able to relate to and find encouragement from this story, as a now-married woman, I also fully enjoyed this book. Contentment struggles definitely aren't limited to singles, and the lessons Stephanie learned in this story are heart struggles of many.

I loved the atypical plot, the realistic up and downs of Stephanie's life and heart, and her turning to God - not once, but over and over
Kelsey Bryant
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first thing that comes to my mind about this novella is how easy it is to identify with if you're a single young woman with no love interest. And that is so refreshing in fiction for a change. Stephanie is definitely a unique individual with a great personality, but reading about this time in her life, her friendships and feelings, makes me sense I'm seeing in print what my single friends and I live. Which means that the things Stephanie learns here are invaluable to us. Relying on God, not ...more
Abigail Harris
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review of the Wedding Score by Amanda Tero:
I have been wanting to read this short book since I first heard of it. And reading it I found it was even better than I expected, this is a wonderful read for single woman that shows that it’s all right to be single, I think that this is a great book for every woman not just single women. Be sure and grab your copy soon!
Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 25 - 35

This is not a typical book. For which I’m grateful. I’ve started a lot of fiction books that tried to address singleness, and the main character is all happy and married at the end. That is sweet, nice and happy, but also depressing for someone who is still single. This book isn’t like that.

This story is, in some ways simple, and in other ways complex. The story itself is not intense or an amazing adventure – its complexity lies within. Stephine
Kaitlyn S.
One of the best books I've read on singleness . . . I'll post a real review closer to the publication date, but for now, know that this book has the potential to minister to you single ladies in a profound way. It was a HUGE blessing for me!!
.......
UPDATE:

This was a book that I was honoured to have beta-read months ago — and I re-read it just prior to it's release. It is a book that I can say with confidence that every young lady should read through at least once.

I tend to approach books about
A.M. Heath
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts: You’ll have to excuse me for being the gushing big writing sister here, but if I’ve said it once, I’ve said twenty times already: Amanda has not made me prouder than when she wrote this book. I’ve known her for a handful of years now and believe me when I say that her heart and soul was poured out onto these pages.
So many women struggle with being long-term single. And that’s what it is to most of them: A struggle. But Amanda brought a light, fun, yet honest approach to the subject
Angela
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella! Definitely something I can relate to. Amanda did a great job of sharing her heart through the story of this single young woman. I love how she pointed to scripture references to encourage us all in our own walks of singleness. And as much as I love “Happily Ever Afters,” I think that this book wouldn’t have had the same impact if it had ended in the traditional Hallmark sort of way.
Esther Filbrun
Well, I don’t expect you would find many books with the subject this one has! I’ve been excited about Wedding Score ever since I first saw it announced on Facebook one day. Amanda Tero has taken a key struggle many girls face and turned it into a story with a touch of encouragement here and there along the way. I loved it!

So often, it can feel like we’re quite alone on our singleness walk. I know I haven’t experienced it nearly as long as some girls, but we can still all wonder what God is doing
Kirsten
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This isn’t a super long read, but I enjoyed it. Stephanie is a likable heroine, and her struggle with singleness is something that is very relatable. She’s seen so many of her close friends get married, and her only single friend is her cousin. For now. Once he has his eyes set on a special girl, though, Stephanie struggles with feeling extremely alone and very single. It’s difficult for her to talk to someone about the issues, since her best friend is currently going through her own set of rela ...more
Jana Tenbrook (Reviews from the Stacks)
A wonderful novella that really gets the struggle of being a single Christian young(er) woman. I appreciate it very much, and can't wait to read more by this author!

SPOILER: The protagonist does not get married in the end, which really made my day. Not that I wouldn't want her to be married, but I am so glad to see a story about singleness that doesn't end with marriage and a "see it's all worth it because of this" message.
Chloe (aka Crystal)
((3.5 stars))

I’m going to start off with saying that I’ve been looking forward to reading Wedding Score ever since I found out about it. Personally, I don’t believe I’ve read many books about being single. If anything, the main character always gets married in the end. In this case, it was the opposite.

I loved Caiden. I absolutely need a guy like him in my life. Not at all for romantic reasons, but platonic ones. I always find myself having more in common with guys and I would love to have one
Caroline Grace
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
When it comes to books about singleness, I'm never sure how the author will approach the subject. Will the book be an idealistic perspective where the heroine, pining for someone to come along, finds love in the end? Will it focus on marriage as the ultimate goal, with a heroine being told she should catch a husband because wifehood is her purpose in life? (You laugh, but I've heard this too many times.) Will it hint that one should just forget about finding love and move on as an independent si ...more
Hanne T
I really enjoyed this little book (novella?)! Although I never really struggled with singleness, this book still had some good topics to explore, such as trusting in God, rather than man. I also like how this book about singleness DIDN'T end with the MC, Stephanie, finding a boyfriend! That just really doesn't seem to happen in books.

As a piano player myself, I also really enjoyed the music aspects, and in that way, I related to Stephanie quite a bit. I also enjoyed the characters in this story:
Natalie Monk
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Single women will relate to Stephanie as she navigates a world full of reminders that she is getting older and still unmarried. Between her friends and cousins who are traveling their own road to marriage and her work as a wedding pianist and music teacher of toddlers for a Christian school, she's constantly bombarded with reasons to dream about changing her relationship status. But longings unfulfilled can easily open the door to ungratefulness and discontentment. Throughout the story, Steph le ...more
Kimia Wood
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie – and her author Ms. Tero – are both single Christian girls inching toward thirty. I am also a single Christian girl inching toward thirty.

This short novella is all about the unique (or not so unique) struggles that we loners face when we have no one but God to depend on…and He doesn't have physical arms to lean on.

I was super excited for this book from the moment I first heard about it in the author's newsletter. After all, Christian singleness is a topic I've blogged about a time or
Katja
4.5 stars. This is an amazing book for any single girl. It isn’t an ends-happily-for-ever-after book. It’s a trust-the-Lord-and-wait book. I highly recommend it. It really blessed me with its thoughts of singleness and waiting for God’s plan. It was also humorous and just enjoyable.

A Favourite Quote: “The root of my problem [was that] I wanted a fleshly arm to lean on. These last few weeks, when I usually would’ve turned to Caiden or Livvy for a listening ear, I couldn’t. I had to actually turn
Patti Whitson Stephenson She Lives to Read
I loved many things about this novella-length story. Stephanie is a 27 year old single young lady who has played the piano for many weddings but has no prospects for a wedding of her own. Most of the time she’s content with her single life, but when her best friend, her cousin Caiden, finds a girl with whom he’s ready to enter into a serious relationship, Stephanie finds herself struggling with being single.

I loved how we hear from Stephanie herself all throughout this book. She communicates ve
Tara Savanna
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is golden, and I don’t say that lightly! Not only is it perfect for Christian young women so they can understand what life may or may not hold for them, but also for us older singles (I’m in my 30s). Even though I know there are others out there dealing with the same thing that I am, reading about it somehow solidifies the feeling of being understood.

The author had me laughing at several spots, rolling my eyes in remembrance of comments I’ve heard myself at others, and fighting back t
Becky Dempsey
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Wedding Score" isn't your typical type of story with a happily-ever-after romance. Stephanie is happy for her friends and family as they find their own HEAs, but her feelings of longing and loneliness are a reminder that God doesn't follow the same pattern for everyone. Some people marry when they are older or may never marry. The story is a great reminder that we need to seek God and lean on Him for support and not ourselves or other people. Having never had a boyfriend or been on a date by th ...more
S.G. Willoughby
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was short, sweet, and fun. I enjoyed the humor as well as the raw honesty about watching everyone else get married while you stay single. This was relatable and the ending was perfect. :D Amanda Tero does a good job of making her characters very human and realistic. :) I didn't MEAN to read it all in one day, I didn't even know it existed before the day I read the whole thing, but it was just so easy to read... definitely recommend it. Depending on your POV it may have been a little preachy ...more
Lauren
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s about time I found an honest, relatable book about being single (and playing piano... piano major, here😂).

• Never Say Goodbye
  • Once Upon a Dime (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6)
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • A-Spying We Will Go (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #5)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • The Words Between Us
  • Safe
  • Toothpaste Trouble
  • Tutor, Nanny, Spit-up, Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #4)
  • The Brightest of Dreams (Canadian Crossings, #3)
  • Sincerely, Jem
  • Five Star Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #7)
  • A Cross to Kill (Shepherd Suspense #1)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • Christmas Hostage (AKA Simon Lee, #1.5)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
Amanda Tero grew up attending a one room school with her eleven siblings—and loved it! She also fell in love with reading to the point her mom withheld her books to get her to do her chores. That love of reading turned into a love of writing YA fiction.

Amanda is a music teacher by day and a literary guide by night, creating stories that whisk readers off to new eras and introduce them to heroic b

News & Interviews