Start by marking “Lone Star Ranger” as Want to Read:

Lone Star Ranger

(The Texas Ranger Series #1)

ELIZABETH COVINGTON WILL GET HER MAN

And she has one week to prove that her brother isn't the cold-blooded killer Texas Ranger Rett Smith accuses him of being. She'll show the handsome lawman he's wrong, even if it means embarking on a perilous race across Texas to catch the real culprit.

Rett doesn't want to see an innocent man hang. But he can't let the Boston beauty tak
Paperback, 2
Published January 21st 2020 by Wild Heart Books (first published January 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Ranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Ranger

Start your review of Lone Star Ranger
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Nothing like starting out a vacation – or a book – by being arrested because you’re mistaken to be a notorious murderer. Such is the case for Elizabeth’s brother, and the duo can’t seem to convince anyone that they’ve got the wrong person.

The author does a great job with Elizabeth’s character in Lone Star Ranger. She’s a realistic blend of worried sister and determined woman. You can feel the emotions she battles, her struggles to defend her brother’s innocence in a town where no one knows them.
Becky Lewis
Beware the Determined Woman!!

Accustomed to being stared at because of her height, Elizabeth Covington is surprised to sense people in this little Texas town they are visiting seem to be staring at her lawyer brother, instead. She is even more flabbergasted when a Texas Ranger and a sheriff arrest her brother, claiming he is an infamous bandit wanted for many cruel murders.

While drawn to Ranger Rett Smith, Elizabeth is also off-put by the fact he refuses to listen to her pleas of her brother's in
June
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read anything by this author before, but I thoroughly enjoyed this story and will look for more by her.

Elizabeth and Evan Covington are looking for a new place to start their new life. He's recently graduated from law school and after losing their father, they need a new start. Before they get far though, Evan is arrested for being a most wanted murdering outlaw.

Elizabeth has to convince Ranger Rett Smith that Evan is her brother, not an outlaw. This story is full of humor but also ver
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
LONE STAR RANGER is a short and sweet western romance with danger, a headstrong leading lady, and a rugged, Texas Ranger leading man. It's a case of mistaken identity played out in the west with a ruthless outlaw to find in order to save a man's life. Christian historical romance readers who are looking for something fun to read may enjoy this story.

This reminded me quite a bit of a penny novel. It's a short read and on the lighter side, with a strong inspirational element. The characters are al
Tina
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The Lone Star Ranger***** by Renae Brumbaugh

Elizabeth Covington is a determined young woman. While visiting Texas with her brother, Evan, he is arrested for murder! There has been a mistake, just because he looks like the criminal, he is not the man they are looking for. How can she get them to listen? Will she have to take matters into her own hands to prove Evan is indeed her brother?

Texas Ranger Rett Smith arrests the infamous outlaw, James Weston Hardy. But something is not right—Hardy came
Erin
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: celebrate-lit
My Thoughts on Lone Star Ranger:
Historical fiction is one of my favorites! Here we have this great heroine. She’s spunky and independent. Plus she’s super loyal to her brother and will stop at nothing to prove his innocence. After all, he’s not the man they think he is. Even is the lawman is good looking, he’s definitely not right about her brother.

While trying to prove her brother is innocent Elizabeth gets to experience quite the adventures. But she comes through unscathed. Or does she? Her h
Valri Western
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing better for me in a historical fiction than a good western story with a strong female lead and a male who doesn't know what to do with her! That is the case with this good. I thoroughly enjoy every part of this book! Rett Smith is a Texas Ranger and he is excited when he is directed to a man who is the exact likeness of a serial killer. When he puts him in jail, he is very happy that the man who has terrorized the area for a long while. However, Elizabeth Covington is flabbergaste ...more
Tammi
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun Western fiction novel written by Renae Brumbaugh. It’s the first book I've read by this author, but it certainly won’t be my last. The setting is 1877 in Houston, TX. The characters are Elizabeth and Evan Covington, siblings from back east traveling together after Evan’s recent graduation from Harvard Law. The cast also includes Everett “Rett” Smith, a TX ranger, his Ranger coworkers, and the local sheriff. Unfortunately for Evan Covington, he is the spitting image of a wanted crim ...more
Tima
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth and her brother, Evan, have just arrived in town and are eating at the local diner when a Texas Ranger arrests Evan. Evan is accused of being a notorious outlaw who is known as a cold-blooded killer. But Elizabeth can't let her brother hang for crimes he didn't commit. So her sets out to prove his innocence. The only thing in her way is the pesky Texas Ranger named Rett. But Elizabeth is not going to let that slow her down.

The story starts off quickly and the tension between the two ma
Maureen Timerman
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author has placed this story in old Texas and this is a rather rough lawless time, and the local sheriff and Texas Rangers are kept busy.
A brother and sister still reeling from the recent death of their beloved father are taking a trip to help find closure.
Then the unthinkable happens, and makes you wonder how often things like this really did happen?
Thus, the story is born and you really don’t know if the truth will arrive in time, and or if all will survive, and we face some tough terrain
Kathy
A very entertaining romance with a little mystery. Loved Elizabeth and how strong she was. The romance was very good and the storyline was strong. Great characters and really liked the old west setting.
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Phyllis
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun historical western

My rating is 3.5 stars

Lone Star Ranger is the first book in a series by Renae Brumbaugh Green, a new-to-me author. It appears to be a re-release from 2015.

Elizabeth and her brother, Evan, were on a pleasure trip shortly after the death of their father. Little did they expect to have Evan end up in jail – with a hanging threatened, based on his resemblance to a notorious outlaw!

Elizabeth was spunky and brave, though at least a little foolhardy. She was devoted to her broth
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, celebrate-lit
Texas, August 1877. On a trip to celebrate her brother Evan’s graduation from Harvard Law School, Elizabeth Covington finds herself in a quandary when Evan is wrongly accused of being a wanted criminal responsible for the murders of dozens of people. He will be hung in one week unless he can be proven innocent. Because of her own extensive knowledge about law, despite being female and therefore unqualified for such a career, Elizabeth sets out to gather the information that will affirm Evan’s id ...more
Amy
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
What happens when mistaken identity takes your loving brother away from you and you must fight against a vigilante crowd and a very stubborn Texas Ranger to prove his innocence. That is what Elizabeth must do if she is going to save her brother, Evan, from a town that hangs first and asks questions later.

What a desperate situation these two siblings find themselves in. They are grieving their late father and have decided to take a vacation. Coming from Boston they step into Texas which appears t
Connie Saunders
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is August, 1877 and Elizabeth Covington's life is about to change. A trip to Houston, Texas with her brother Evan turns into a rip-roaring adventure when he is accused of being the notorious criminal James Weston Hardy and she is forced to prove his innocence. Add one Texas Ranger who is sure that Evan has killed several people and you have a book worthy of any Western story that you've ever seen on TV or in a movie!

Lone Star Ranger is filled with mystery and adventure but there is also humor
Hallie Szott
Feb 05, 2020 marked it as reviewed
Oh, what fun! Renae Brumbaugh Green’s Lone Star Ranger is a light-hearted, faith-filled adventure—with a strong-willed heroine, rugged Texas-Ranger hero, and a case of mistaken (notorious outlaw) identity.

Elizabeth Covington has just arrived to town, when Texas Ranger Rett Smith arrests her brother for murder. She knows her brother committed no such crime, so she determines to prove his innocence—much to Rett’s chagrin. Can she find the evidence she needs (while staying safe from danger) to save
Melissa
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I forget how much I enjoy Renea’s writing. I have read a couple of her books and they are so well crafted, she immediately draws me into the store. This book was no exception.
This is also a quick read, it didn’t take me much time at all, it helped that it was such an interesting story.
Elizabeth is a determined young woman who doesn’t fit into the mold of how a woman should act, but that doesn’t stop her, not when it means life or death for her brother.
Rett is a wonderful hero who starts to quest
Betti
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun story to read! The author has taken characters from one world and transplanted them into a completely different environment. Evan and Elizabeth Covington have grown up relatively sheltered by wealth and prestige in Boston. Finding themselves in Houston, Texas, they learn quite quickly that the life is very different here. As Evan is accused of being a notorious criminal, Elizabeth sets out to prove his innocence. What follows is a wonderful story of some of the most incredible scrapes ...more
Becka Jiménez
This was the first book I had ever read from author Renae Brumbaugh. At first I wasn’t sure I would enjoy this book as I expected it to be full of cliche characters and predictable plot. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out-of-the-ordinary female characters with atypical careers and interests.

The plot was intriguing as well. Elizabeth’s brother Evan is mistaken for a notorious criminal, arrested, & will soon hang if Elizabeth cannot prove his identity. The local ranger who arrested E
Cheri Swalwell
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lone Star Ranger was a great book. This is the first book by this author I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. She not only keeps the story moving, but she adds humor and quips and personality to her characters that keep the reader interested. I loved the ending; I loved the storyline and I loved the depth of the characters. This was a book that I would definitely share with others because I know it’s one they will enjoy too. I will definitely be reading more stories from this author.

I receiv
Nicole
When I first saw the sweet cover and read the synopsis for Lone Star Ranger I knew I wanted to read this novel ASAP. Boy, am I glad I did. This novel is fun! I found the plot to be stellar — fast-paced and highly engaging. I was turning pages so quickly I would have gotten papercuts if I had read a paperback copy. The characters are darling and quite endearing. And I love the example both Rett and Elizabeth illustrate in regards to a unique and strong prayer relationship with God. All in all, Lo ...more
Judine Brey
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I liked Elizabeth's independence and the support her father and brother gave her in pursuing law in the ways available to women at that time. I found Rett's desire to do the right thing to be both touching and appropriate for the new Texas Ranger. However, I never really bought Elizabeth and Rett as a couple, so their marriage at the end felt forced. ...more
June D
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s something for everyone

If it’s mystery, history, or romance, this book has it. Once again, I was pleasantly surprised by a new (previously unknown to me) author. The characters were great and the storyline not totally predictable.
I would definitely recommend this book.
Ophelia Sellers
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lone Star Ranger

What a great story! Elizabeth is braver than I would be in similar circumstances. Romance and excitement are woven throughout the book and keep the story interesting. I recommend this book.
robin r earle
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lone Star Ranger

Really enjoyed this story. Great Romance with enough of the western bad guys thrown in to add a bit of excitement. First time I’ve read from this author. Plan on reading many more.
Pamela Jo
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captured By Love

Renae Brumbaugh has written a great story which held my interest from the first page to the last! There is depth to the characters and intrigue to the plot. This book also honors Renae's grandfather, Everett Smith, who was actually a Texas Ranger, which is quite an endearing addition to the story.

The main characters are Elizabeth Covington and Rett Smith. Elizabeth and her brother, Evan, recently lost their father, who was a lawyer in Boston. Evan decides to take Elizabeth on a c
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By Renae Brumbaugh

Evan and Elizabeth Covington have only recently arrived in Houston, Texas. Having lost their father 6 months ago they are thinking of settling in Houston, with Evan opening a law office. But before their planning can progress much further Evan is arrested, having been mistaken for the notorious and dangerous James Weston Hardy.

No one will listen to Elizabeth, thinking she's either been taken in by Hardy or his newest accomplice. With a week before her brother's
Deana Dick
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sit back and travel to Houston, Texas in 1877 where the town is growing and danger is just around the corner. I loved the setting since I live in Houston and it was nice to read about what it was like in the 1800's . The story takes place where a criminal in on the loose killing people and stirring up fear. The picture they had of him must have been a rough sketch of the killer who resembles others.

Elizabeth and her brother have traveled around the countryside deciding where they want to live.
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Renae Brumbaugh had me from the first page. Lone Star Ranger is full of interesting characters! It was so hard to put down that I finished it in one day. Elizabeth and her brother Evan are on vacation looking for a new place for him to set up his law practice. Evan has done nothing wrong except look similar to a wanted murderer. Elizabeth doesn’t know how, but she is going to do everything in her power to prove that Evan is innocent. The handsome Texas ranger Rett Smith was only doing his job wh ...more
Donna Mcginnis
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the death of their father who was a lawyer Elizabeth and Evan leave their home in Boston and travel to Houston. Elizabeth dreams of becoming a lawyer like her father and brother. Elizabeth and Evan visit a restaurant for breakfast when Texas Ranger Rhett Smith arrests Evan because he looks like the criminal James Weston Hardy on a wanted poster. Locked up she has only a week to prove her brothers innocence. Rhett does not believe her story that Evan is not Hardy or that they are brother an ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 22, 2015 07:51PM

• Waltz in the Wilderness (Chaparral Hearts #1)
  • The Chisholm Trail Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #12)
  • Dead Ringer (Truth Seekers, #1)
  • Child of Prophecy (Divide, #1)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • The Gray Chamber (True Colors)
  • Daughter of Rome
  • Volition
  • Rocky Mountain Revelation (Rocky Mountain Revival Book 2)
  • illusions (Apple Hill, #2)
  • Freedom in the Mountain Wind (Call of the Rockies, #1)
  • Chasing the White Lion (Talia Inger, #2)
  • Catching the Cowgirl (Wyoming Legacy, #8)
  • Rocky Mountain Redemption (Rocky Mountain Revival Book 1)
  • In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets, #2)
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • In Places Hidden (Golden Gate Secrets, #1)
  • Cowboy Father: The Cowboys (Glory, Montana Book 5)

The Texas Ranger Series (2 books)
  • Ranger to the Rescue (The Texas Ranger Series Book 2)