Start by marking “Make Me Lose (Bayshore #1)” as Want to Read:
Make Me Lose (Bayshore #1)

Make Me Lose

(Bayshore #1)

Grayson Daly and I aren’t just rivals. We’re enemies.

Born minutes apart on the same day in the same hospital, our parents thought this meant we were somehow destined to be together. We knew were we just destined to beat each other.

Competition boiled over until junior year, when the cold war turned into an unexpected peace offering. Maybe my hormones allowed me to notice
Published July 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Make Me Lose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Me Lose

Start your review of Make Me Lose (Bayshore #1)
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Make Me Lose by Ember Leigh is a delicious enemies to lovers with a dash of second chance romance. Gray and Hazel have been competitive since birth and along the lines, competition became serious disdain! Now they are adults and Grayson hasn't lived in Bayshore for years. Hazel thinks that is GREAT and when he waltzes into her office asking for her help, she is not pleased to see him in her town.

Gray's feelings about his small town home resonated with me because I so get it. I grew up in a
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, ebooks, arc-beta
Original review

This book was provided by the author through InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Ember Leigh and InkSlinger PR!

Make Me Lose
is the first book in the Bayshore series and tells the story of one of the Daly brothers, Grayson, and Hazel.

Make Me Lose was another amazing book written by Ember Leigh! I’ve read a few of her books from the Breaking series and I really loved those, and Make Me Lose was another well written and quick read! Although I know Ember Leigh fo
InD'tale Magazine
This story is the typical "boy comes back to hometown and reunites with first love" trope.

Read full review in the 2019 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Coco.V
Sep 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/12/2020)! 🎁
Kaylee Bradley
Perfect summertime romance for lifelong enemies

I was looking for a light hearted HEA, and I got it! Such a sweet romance with several H-O-T scenes! We have two very likable main characters who have grown up together and their entire lives have been a competition (which I love because I’m a super competitive person), only they never realized just how much of their competitive streak had lustful origins. The chemistry is great, the meddling mom is hilarious and by the end of the book you will be w
❁ Bee ❁
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was one of those adorable books you read to cheer you up.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

What I have noticed about Ember Leigh's books is that they immediately draw the reader in and grab their attention from the get-go. This book is very much the same. I was sucked into the story and I couldn't pull myself away.

Ember Leigh's storytelling is superb. I really enjoy her writing style. It is very easy to read and the flow of words throughout her prose is effortless.
patrick Lorelli
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Grayson Daly is returning to Bayshore to sell his grandmother’s house. He has not been home in ten years and though his family is looking forward to seeing him he is not looking forward to going home. It begins before he enters town when he sees a build board of Hazel and the saying and picture of her stays with him for the rest of the day. That is until he is asked by his mother to go to her office and ask her to sell or list the house. The thing about the two of them is that they were born on ...more
SCBookAddict
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5

If you are a fan of fun banter that leads to hot sex, look no further. This is what you need!
Grayson and Hazel have been competing with each other for as long as they can remember.
Grayson wanted out of Bayshore as a kid and now resides in New York City. Hazel stayed in Bayshore and has made a name for herself as a real estate agent.
Grayson is back in town for a short period and he needs Hazel to help sell a house he recently inherited.
Once these two connect, they are no longer acting like
Julie
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love enemies to lovers and this ones a beauty.
Hazel and Gray have been rivals since the day they were born, which was the same day, Gray being the elder by 10 mins which he would gladly announce to annoy Hazel, regularly. There was a small truce when they dated for a very short time, but unfortunately that just erupted down the path of misfortune for them.
Everyone else in their small town just knew that Gray and Hazel were made for each other, soul mates if you will, Hazel and Gray how ever, beg
Pelusa Rivera
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I couldn't believe that it was Ember's books, not that I do not like her books but I didn't know that she wrote in this genre- romantic comedy and let me tell you that this is definitely her niche. I loved Grayson and Hazel together. This was an enemies to lovers book, who really were two people that have been in love for years however due to some interference and misunderstanding broke up years ago and then went back to their enemies rivalry. Grayson comes back to town to sel ...more
Mallory
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ob.sess.ed with this book. It was soooooo good. I'm a sucker for a enemies to lovers story. Add small town charm. Some kooky secondary characters. A pinch of foreshadowing for forthcoming books in the series and you've got me. I'm here for it.

Hazel and Gray, have been rivals since birth. They were born on the same day, super competitive all through high school. After they hooked up then torn apart by outside forces they went their separate ways. Hazel made a name for herself in their hometown a
Deanna
My first book by Ember Leigh and it won’t be my last! What a fun read! I loved the premise of the story. Childhood rivals! The characters were well written and the story flowed well.

I liked how she didn’t make them take forever to get together and tell each other what they really felt. Gray and Hazel's love story felt real and not rushed. The author didn’t rush them together, but it didn’t feel like it was a slow burn either. I hate when authors throw in useless drama to make the main character
Stephanie
Make Me Lose was a pretty formulaic rom-com book. It wasn't great, and it wasn't awful. The characters are likable enough. I loved the setting -- the quaint community of Bayshore is lovely.

Grayson and Hazel are so determined to be wrong for one another that they are right for each other -- from the VERY beginning. It was fun to watch their bicker/banter. I did like that Hazel did not immediately plan to sacrifice her career for their relationship to be successful.

Romance was steam enough for su
Brandi
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grayson and Hazel had a rivalry that wasn’t for the faint of heart. Each time they got together they would accept a challenge and take it to the next level. Ten years have passed since they broke up but the level of animosity still exists. Will Hazel help him sell his grandmother’s home or will she hold on to the feelings that continue to torment her? All the passion they feel with their on going feud can definitely be put to better use and it’s only a matter of time when one of them succumbs.
Nicole
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
** I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. **

3.5 stars rounded up to 4 because I enjoyed the characters - The reason for their lovers to enemies trope back in high school was really stupid and could have easily been avoided, but if I disregard this and think of it more as just a regular "rekindled flame" kind of book, then I really enjoyed it.
Kate
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nice

Nice quick read, characters were cute, sex scenes were a bit average and overall i found the storyline to be fairly predictable.
Bella
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second chance for Grayson and Hazel was so enjoyable book to read. How they pick on eachother, how they come from hate to love, how their passion explodes. Both are very enjoyable characters easy to love. Their love story is unique and it is very enjoyable to see their HEA, I really enjoyed reading every page of the book.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
Ess
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Make Me Lose follows the enemies to lovers trope where Grayson Daly and Hazel had an auspicious beginning to their competitive relationship as they were born on the same day in the same hospital and ever since compete like they were born to do it.
I liked the very real feelings that Gray felt towards his family— his complete adoration of his mother and the way that he and his four brothers vied and competed for her devotion, the drive he realizes he gets from his father but also doesn’t enjoy the
Giada Andolfo
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful enemies to lovers story!
I needed it! ❤❤❤
Wendy
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: feel-good
Did you get a good look at the cover? It certainly drew my eye. And since the blurb made me snicker, I decided I really wanted to read this one. And it was certainly a treat, although sometimes a bit over the top. Hazel and Grayson were born on the same day in Bayshore. As small town locals, they were destined to be together. But Hazel and Grayson planned to defy all odds: by getting competitive. All through high school they riled each other up to do crazy dares, up until Gray stood up Hazel for ...more
Abby
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
*•*ARC copy was provided by netgalley.*•*
•I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.•

Good book!
This book is very fun and sweet!

Hazel and Grayson were born on the same day 10 minutes apart ! Everyone was quick to think they were meant to be.... that they are soul mates. everyone except them. Let the battles begin!!! Ever since they were old enough to compete they have battled it out over everything , every sport imaginable they have prob
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so freaking good! I am a huge fan of enemies to lovers just because they seem to have a bit more omph than other reads and this one is definitely on the higher end of the level! I am definitely a fan of Ember Leigh now!

Hazel is the queen of her small town. She has worked hard and created an amazing business for herself and is proud of her community. Gray is the exact opposite. He as been living in NYC and does not ever see himself returning to live back in Bayshore.

Hazel and Gray
Melliane
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

After reading the synopsis, I was curious to discover the story. How can we resist a story where two people confront each other constantly from the time they were little until the day they have feelings for each other?

Hazel and Grayson have always tried to compete against the other. Always! But here they are, they also broke each other’s hearts. The years passed and Hazel became the city’s real estate queen and Grayson moved to New York a long time ago. He is
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Make Me Lose by Ember Leigh
“Fine line between love and hate, 5 stars”

Grayson and Hazel were either destined for love or destined to be enemies and for years it appears to be the later. There was a brief period when they called a truce to the war between them and it was everything and more. Then it all came crashing down. Years later Hazel has built a great life for herself their home town. The only thing missing is a man to call hers.
Grayson doesn’t want to be in his hometown. But sometimes it
Mallory

Karen Roma
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Make Me Lose is the first book in Ember Leigh’s Bayshore series and has a whole lot of everything! There’s rivalry, angst, contempt, sassy and sarcastic banter and some super-HOT, HOT, HOT sex! The story is basically about frenemies; yep, Grayson and Hazel have been battling it out in one way or another since forever and there’s no sign of a truce in the near future. If memories can serve as a reminder, this couple have never forgotten their exuberant competitiveness, or that they were always op ...more
Kari Hansen
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grayson and Hazel were born on the same day and one would think that would have made them best friends but the truth couldn’t have been farther from the truth. Their lives became a competition and everything they did was to try and outdo the other until their attempt at a relationship ended up in heartbreak for Hazel.

Grayson ventured off to NYC to create the life he wanted while Hazel stayed in their hometown and created a successful life together. They were both content for their paths not to c
imapickypicker
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Not too bad

I've never read anything from this author and I'm not sure if she's even written anything before this series. The book was pretty good. I liked the plot. It made for a good storyline. It gave the book some fun also and brought some angst to the story. The breakup scene at the airport was the best scene in the book.

The main characters were good. They had chemistry. I liked Grayson's (hate that name) family interactions. We didn't get a lot of background on anyone but the main characte
Vicki Bennett
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delightful summer read. From the very first meeting your intrigued by this couple...Leigh bring competition, small towns and strong people to the forefront in this heartwarming entertaining tale.

Hazel and Gray have known each other for literally all their lives and have competed for the same time ('Hazel versus Gray may the best colour win')....how will they fair when a family death brings them back together in the same small hometown.

An attraction that's been there since they were young hasn

• Troublemaker
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Sex on the Beach (Southern Comfort Book 2)
  • Wreck & Ruin (Blue Angels Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Loner
  • The WRONG Brother (Love You Forever #1)
  • I Dare You (The Line Up #1)
  • Another Sky
  • Southern Seducer (North Carolina Highlands, #1)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers Book 1)
  • Hot Pickle
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
  • One Man (Naked Trilogy, #1)
  • Spring
  • Space Junk: Houston, We Have a Hottie (Space #2)
  • (Not) The One
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)

Bayshore (3 books)
  • Make Me Fall (Bayshore #2)
  • Make Me Yours (Bayshore #3)