Start by marking “Robin and Marian (Adventurous Romantics)” as Want to Read:
Robin and Marian  (Adventurous Romantics)

Robin and Marian (Adventurous Romantics)

Who says Chivalry is dead?
Robin King lives up to the legendary name of Robin Hood more than he should—a bigshot billionaire and successor of King enterprises, a Prince of Mischief and a rogue who steals hearts ... and maybe even a few kisses. He never thought he’d follow the storyline so closely, until the day he gets in trouble with the law and pays the price—all for
Published August 14th 2019 by Triad Media and Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Robin and Marian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robin and Marian

Start your review of Robin and Marian (Adventurous Romantics)
Katie W
(4.5 Stars) I love Robin Hood and it was so much fun to read a modern take on this classic favorite, with an added billionaire twist. This story is slightly edgy, with twisty and intrigue details, interesting and mysterious characters, and an intensity that drives the adventure from start to finish. My biggest complaint had nothing to do with the book--I wanted to devour it (it's long), but I had some unexpected things come up in life that had to be dealt with and it took me days to finish ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
There were so many things I loved about this book. First, the Robin Hood references all throughout, and I mean references that reminded me of the Disney cartoon Robin Hood. So many little things as well as the obvious bigger things like names and places. It made me happy. And, I think I've had the Robin Hood and Little John song running on a constant loop in my head since I started this book. You know the one? Ooo Da Lolly, Ooo Da Lolly, Golly What a Day!

But obviously, this book wasn't
Pascale
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scapegoat

Thrown under the bus. Despised. Guilty by association. Judged by appearance. Robin’s sister committed a crime. Robin took the blame and did the time in her place. Nobody must ever know. He did it to protect her and to allow her a chance at happiness. It all happened on her wedding day. Now everyone hates Robin but he needs to keep playing the part or his sister could still go to prison. Cut off from everyone and a social pariah in the eyes of society, how long can Robin live like this?
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
All is not well in Merry New England. Robin has taken the fall for embezzlement to protect someone he loves. He does his time for four years in prison until his Grandfather's retirement celebration gives him an early release.

He comes home to try to figure out how to win back the trust of his home town and the regard of the fair Maid Marian. He has his work cut out for him. I enjoyed reading about him and his escapades. He has a few loyal friends and they work to uncover who the bad guy really
Susan K
More of a 2.5 for me as a reader. I have read and enjoyed some of S.F. books, so was excited to read this one. The basic story line was good, but I think it needed a bit more editing. It was a bit wordy, and not tight, more of a ramble and told, not written. The premise was fun, but the characters didn't have the pull that makes me want to stick with a novel. I did read the whole thing, I think it could have been cut 50 pages and tightened up. I hope this gets another edit and further polish. It ...more
C. Mills
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Suspense and romance, especially suspense

This author could've used a good copy editor (which is NOT the same as a proofreader).
I hate, I said hate, stories that have to tell me what every major character is wearing every time that character enters a scene.

The suspense worked very well, especially since I was sure as can be that I knew who the villain was. Boy was I wrong!
The portrayal of what it can be like to try to re-enter society after spending time in prison seemed realistic. It was
Nicole
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful romance

I really enjoyed this book. I would’ve given it five stars except the start was a little bit too flirtatious and romantic for me. It was hard for me to believe that romance. Once Robin was arrested, the rest of the book was much more real to me and enjoyable to read. It kept me on my toes.
Sherri Tutor
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good clean modern day Robin Hood romance with a little twist. I enjoyed it.
Rachel
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing romantic adventure!
I've always loved the story of Robin Hood and this retelling is fantastic! There is so much action it was hard to put it down. I loved the surprises that kept me guessing what would happen next. Plus the romance is great too! This was some great storytelling!
Karen
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this modern day Robin-hood retelling. It had adventure, suspense, and romance. Robin goes to prison to protect his sister. No one knows that Robin didn’t commit the crime. He serves in prison for four years. Once he is free he has to learn to live outside of prison with people that hate him. But all is not what it seems. I thought I might know who done it but it was a bit tricky. Marian has cared for Robin since they were little. The Spark was definitely still there when she went to ...more
Teri
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun quick read that kept me laughing. Tuck stole the show and Robin stole my heart. I love Marian and how she was no chump. She definitely fits the role of Maid Marian. I love the author's remake of the old tale and how she has characters that fit each of the originals. Robin is true blue and loves his family. He takes the role of Robin Hood and twist it to his own means. A lot of characters to keep track of and plenty to enjoy as Tuck weaves his way through the story and in and out ...more
Kristal Harmon
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Good concept and modem adaptation

Parents guide- kisses. A character is discovered to have cheated on spouse (with negative repercussions). No sex or language. There is violence- some mildly disturbing.

Overall, this book was fine. It won't go into my re read pile, but I will probably read the next books by this author. I liked "out of the month of babes" a lot better.
I didn't feel like the connection between Marion and Robin hit the mark for me. I had to keep coming back to the book over a few
Jessie
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Modern Day Robin Hood

This book really sucked me in! I loved the parallels to Robin Hood with Maid Marian, Little John, Friar Tuck, and the Sheriff of Nottingham. The modern twist was intriguing with Robin going to jail for embezzlement as he covers for his sister. I loved his loyalty to his family, and his relationship with Marian.
Suspense, a compelling romance, and humorous characters really made this story. I am hoping for more books set in Nottingham!

Content: clean (some kissing,
Lorieah
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poor Robin. Going from having it all to losing it all in literally five minutes is rather overwhelming. But once again Stephanie Fowers has characters that are willing to do anything for family. I loved Robin & Marian together, but Tuck steals the show for me in a lot of ways, too.

If you're looking for a book with great character building, clean romance, keep-you-guessing-on-who-did-it, and a bit of sass, you'll love this.

I received a free copy, and this is my honest opinion. Stephanie is
Adedoyin Adenuga
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SUPERB!

Oh wow ... Loved, loved loved this book! Full of suspense, will have you sitting at the edge of your chair. Its so good, funny, interesting, romantic. This is the second book written by Stephanie that I have read and they both were just unbelievably GREAT!
Khadejah R.
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely retelling of a classic

I thoroughly enjoyed this suspenseful twist to the classic Robin Hood tale. Many twists and turns, but the good guys prevail. Thoroughly enjoyable read.
Lydia
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly delightful. A modern take on Robin Hood that will make you swoon over the romance, and endlessly read to figure out the mystery.
Sue Stinnett
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

An interesting and suspenseful book based on a modern Robin Hood. This is a long book which gives you time to sink your teeth into it.
Sami
Beth Smart
Sep 20, 2019
Alisha
Oct 03, 2019

• My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • Cooking With the Doc (Falling for the Doc #1)
  • 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend (27 Ways, #1)
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • 27 Ways to Mend His Broken Heart (27 Ways, #2)
  • Mostly Dangerous (The Women of Ambrose Estate Book 1)
  • Mistaken Reality
  • Mostly Perfect
  • When Everything Changes (Summer of First Kisses #3)
  • His Beautiful Billionaire Distraction (Billionaire Bachelor Cove)
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Single Dad (Blind Date Disasters Book 4)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • Taming the Troublemaker (Hills of Texas, #3)
  • Glass Slippers, Ever After, and Me
  • The Redgrave Murders
  • Dream Chaser  (The Blair Brothers #4)
Stephanie Fowers loves bringing stories to life, and depending on her latest madcap ideas will do it through written word, song, and/ or film. She absolutely adores Bollywood and bonnet movies; i.e., BBC (which she supposes includes non-bonnet movies Sherlock and Dr. Who). Presently, she lives in Salt Lake where she's living the life of the starving artist. Stephanie plans to bring more of her ...more