Start by marking “Sleeping Bronty (Once Before Time Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Bronty (Once Before Time Book 2)

Sleeping Bronty (Once Before Time Book 2)

Sleeping Bronty is going to become queen, but the selfish fairy Rhonda puts it all in jeopardy with an evil wish!From Epic! Originals, Once Before Time is a playful board book series of fairy tales reimagined from a time long ago . . . with dinosaurs!

In this prehistoric retelling of the classic story, Sleeping Bronty discovers her own royal potential thanks to her fairy
Board Book, 32 pages
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Bronty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Bronty

Start your review of Sleeping Bronty (Once Before Time Book 2)
Briar's Reviews
Sleeping Beauty meets dinosaurs... I'm already hooked!

Princess Bronty is a beautiful dinosaur princess! She has three little fairies who are little toucan/dinosaurs, but she also has a villain in the form of Rhonda. The remaining tale follows the path of Sleeping Beauty pretty well, with a few bumps and changes along the way.

I think this is a cute way to introduce some of the classic fairy tales to children without delving into the originals. Since the actual originals are quite dark and not
La Coccinelle
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, children, netgalley
What happened? The first book in this series was so cute. This one is juvenile, condescending, has weaker illustrations, and doesn't even make sense.

Sleeping Bronty is based on "Sleeping Beauty". But so many of the original elements are left out of the story. The fairy who curses Bronty (her name is Rhonda) doesn't do it because she's feeling left out; she's simply selfish and wants to be queen. Instead of a spindle, Bronty pricks her tail on a rosebush thorn. Rhonda then takes over the kingdom
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Muddled, some good moments and some bad, but ultimately not as good as the first one.

The art for Cinderella Rex was better, both feature dinosaurs with hair and wearing clothes, but this one has the dinos almost fully anthropomorphized. I liked the choices Cinderella's illustrator made for where the hair comes out of a head with horns and frills, and I liked the way the tails came out of the clothes. That one was more stylized, too, and these illustrations were more run-of-the-mill. It also was
Theediscerning
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
After "Cinderella Rex" gave us a new twist on that fairy tale, we come to the Sleeping Beauty that we think we know and love, peopled by dinosaurs, and without any kissing. It's again a very attractive book to look at, but once more quite silly, and again the whole dinosaur cast seems a slender hook to hang the series on. Still, it's enjoyable, but I don't think it does as much with the story as the one that preceded it. Three and a half stars.
Ryan
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
THis was way too simplified telling of sleeping beauty. I did really like how they did not use true loves kiss to wake Bronty, but instead five bean chilli. Which they also used to banish the evil queen. The story is known, and there is really nothing to give it legs to stand against other competitors for this same retelling.
Etienne
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5/5. A retelling of Sleeping Beauty but with dinosaurs. Funny to read to children that already know the original tale so they can see and understand the adaptation more clearly. Very simple but well done!
Alicia
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Sleeping bronty is an adorable book. It's a spin on the fairy tale sleeping beauty. I read it aloud to my 5 year old and she loved it! I would recommend this book to friends who have little ones that love fairy tales and dinosaurs.
Jaymie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received an electronic review copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.]

A darling take on the Sleeping Beauty story - with dinosaurs! I enjoyed the illustrations, and the solution to the sleeping curse - spicy chili - is a nice change from kissing and consent questions in the original, especially for young readers.
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
I love this series so much and so does my daughter! The second book in the Once Before Time series is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty, but as dinosaurs. So, we get Sleeping Bronty! With wonderful illustrations and just the right changes to make this a dino fairy tale, this book is fabulous!
Duane
added it
Nov 04, 2019

• Mama Needs a Minute
  • Doctor Mirage (2019)
  • Mighty Coconuts (Miss Tree Tales, #1)
  • Regretting You
  • Help Wanted, Must Love Books
  • A Sparrow's Roar
  • The Princesse de Clèves
  • Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too Book 2)
  • Snitchy Witch
  • Manga Classics: Macbeth
  • Coding Capers: Luci and the Missing Robot
  • Fly, Fly Again
  • Quiero ser veterinaria
  • Dynomike: Pay It Forward: (Children's Book on Being Kind | Kids Bedtime Story | Children's Picture Books) (Dynomike Teaches 10)
  • Twisted Fairy Tales: Little Rude Riding Hood
  • Tap, Tap, Swish: Otter Counts the Band
  • Incredible Cacao: A Chocolate Story (Miss Tree Tales Book 2)
  • While Mommy Was Fast Asleep
Christy Webster is a writer and editor with 15 years in-house experience at major children's book publishers. She has written over 60 children's books and stories and edited hundreds of books, including several bestselling chapter book series. She specializes in early readers, chapter books, storybooks, and media licenses.
Available for freelance writing, editing, ghostwriting and co-writing.