Start by marking “Frozen Stiff Drink (Braxton Campus Mysteries #6)” as Want to Read:
Frozen Stiff Drink (Braxton Campus Mysteries #6)

Frozen Stiff Drink

(Braxton Campus Mysteries #6)

A winter blizzard barrels toward Wharton County with a vengeance. Madam Zenya predicted the raging storm would change the course of Kellan’s life, but the famed seer never could’ve prepared him for all the collateral damage. Nana D disappears after visiting a patient at Willow Trees, leaving behind a trail of confusion. When the patient turns up dead, and second body is di

Kindle Edition, Kindle, 270 pages
Published March 18th 2020 by Next Chapter (first published March 2nd 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Frozen Stiff Drink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frozen Stiff Drink

Start your review of Frozen Stiff Drink (Braxton Campus Mysteries #6)
James
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Since this is my own book, I'm not going to write a review. I'm using this space to let you know when there are discounts or marketing promotions, as well as share some thoughts on how the book came to be.

Frozen Stiff Drink is my eighth novel, also the sixth in the Braxton Campus Mysteries series. The series follows typical cozies in that it doesn't contain graphic violence, sexual content, or vulgar language; however, I've turned the genre upside down by focusing on a young male protagonist wh
Candace Robinson
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series has been so much fun! Each book gets better and more entertaining! I love Cudney's writing and the way he can put the unexpected into his stories!

I've loved seeing the character growth in all the characters in each book! Kellan is such a likable character and being in his head is the best! And nothing can come easy for my boy! I also seriously love the sweet moments between Kellan and April, even though they have a lot of chaotic things going on!

There was a certain scene of bickering
Bernard Jan
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought life in Braxton without Nana D wouldn’t be so much interesting and entertaining, but James J. Cudney, the author of already six books in the Braxton Campus Mysteries series, proved me wrong. Frozen Stiff Drink is as much entertaining, funny, and capturing even in the hours of her absence, because he smartly used a whole small army of other characters to make us glued to his latest story.

The disappearance of a beloved, witty and cunning mayoress, the series of new mysterious murders, an
LORI CASWELL
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Winter in Wharton County is not something to mess with especially when Madam Zenya has predicted the storm would change Kellan’s life. It sure has him worried when his Nana D. goes missing. She was last seen visiting a patient at Willow Trees. Later that patient is found dead. The bodies start to pile up when another is found frozen stiff in a car that had plowed into a snowbank.

In addition to the dead bodies, Kellan’s brother Hampton’s marriage is on the rocks after his fathe
Anne
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series by Cudney, and each one I read is better than the last because we become so familiar with the family members who are both quirky and endear themselves to us quickly. This is number 6 and can certainly be read as a stand-alone, but it's probably better to start with the first one as there are lots of characters and you become fond of many of them. Cudney is a master story-teller as he has Kellen solving mysteries, parenting his adorable daughter, falling in love, and dealing wi ...more
Nina Silva
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars for this great addition to the Braxton Mysteries series.

Book 6 in James J. Cudney’s Braxton Campus Mysteries is another page turner, a shell-shocker and will most certainly leave you gasping, “What?” but in a good way! Let’s get to the meat of the story.

Murder Mystery Plot: I think this author is getting cleverer and cleverer with his plot weaving. Maybe he has some nefarious plans up his sleeve… hmm… The murder to solve is who killed Hiram Grey, a not so well-liked county judge. Onc
Shalini
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
James J. Cudney has done it again, written a maze of a book, with subplots that left me bewildered and a cliffhanger that left me impatient to get my hands on the next book.
He is a master magician, whose writing talent is ginormous. I loved the way he chose his words, each one of them gave a powerful imagery. This book had fewer characters so it was really easy to read. I could finish it in one sitting.
I love a whodunit where I could play detective. This was absolutely perfect. The series is mu
Didi Oviatt
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Winter has struck Wharton County, and it’s icy bite is a bitter one! What I’ve always loved about the Braxton Campus mysteries is the mastering of character development world building. In book 6, Frozen Stiff Drink, the perfection of build up and unraveling little clue nuggets continues. Only for me, this time feels more intimate, more emotional which is awesome! Maybe because I love Nana D. so much, and she finds herself missing, so for a large portion of the book I was devouring pages like a r ...more
Mary Deal
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kellen’s Incredible Life Inadvertently Solving Mysteries

In this 6th book of the Braxton Campus cozy mystery series, the author brings another character to the front of the action. Madam Zeyna predicts some occurrences in Kellan’s future that may be insurmountable. Once again, Cudney’s ability to portray his characters made me smile. While we envision Madame Zeyna – we know exactly how she may look – Cudney focuses on her personality and how she fits into the action.

Kellan’s grandmother, the feis
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2020
Frozen Stiff Drink is book 6 in the Braxton Campus Mysteries and only the second book in the series I have read so far, this is easy to read as a stand alone as Cudney provides you with a list of the characters are the beginning of the book and there is enough back story throughout for them to make it easy to follow.

There is a lot going on in this story with several story lines interweaving but not so much that you lose track, we have murder, embezzlement and then Nana D goes missing! This was g
Misifusa
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read, especially after having read the complete series. What I'm sad about is that there's not another one to read right now during the quarantine because I enjoy the characters so much!

This series is an easy read full of characters who grow to feel like family and new ones who the reader enjoys getting to know. Trying to figure out the mystery is fun with its twists and turns.

James Cudney is masterful with his relatable characters. I can't wait to read the next one!!

If you'
Misty's Book Space
I was sent a copy of this book by the author as I am one of his beta readers so I just want to thank him for allowing me to do this for him.

This is book 6 in his Braxton Campus Mysteries series and while it could be read as a standalone I highly recommend starting with book 1 and working your way through the series because each book mentions things that happened in previous books as well as people who have been in previous books.

I have such a hard time writing reviews for books in general but th
Brian Porter
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kellan Ayrwick strikes again

In the sixth book in James J Cudney's Braxton County Mysteries, college lecturer 7-time crime buster Kellan Ayrwick is at it again. When a prominent citizen, a judge no less falls victim to murder, Kellan finds himself wrapped up in the heart of the mystery, as usual finding himself partly at odds with the official investigation, carried out by his erstwhile girlfriend, April, the local police chief.
Things are complicated even morezwhen his grandmother, Nana D, - girl
Doris Raines
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
NICE BOOK.
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book mirrors what’s going on in my part of the world right now, at least with regard to the weather. We also had a snowstorm last week and the city is still covered in snow and ice. So that makes it the perfect environment to stay in and read a book, about people coping with a sudden winter weather warning. In addition to this, Kellan tries to determine what happened to cause the death of one of Wharton County’s most illustrious citizens. At least he doesn’t have to worry about Emma and Ula ...more
Jacquie
Sep 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
When a snowstorm barrels into Wharton County, it leaves murder in its wake.

In Frozen Stiff Drink, Kellan Arywick has his hands full with threats to his family, a missing Nanna D., and the annoying arrival of his girlfriend’s ex- not to mention two murders and a partridge in a pear tree (kidding). He does have the worst luck of any hero though.

Constance’s frightening premonition cracked holes in the perimeter of my skull like a determined woodpecker in search of its next meal.
FROZEN STIFF DRINK-
Sally Cronin
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is hard to believe that Kellan Ayrwick has only been back at the Braxton Campus for a year in this series of mysteries. In that time he has solved several murders and other criminal activities and either charmed or alienated family and residents. Just when the poor guy thought he could relax with his daughter and nephew away in Florida with his parents, and his developing romance with the town sheriff April on track, a storm front races in.

It is not just the snow that Kellan is up to his eyes
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Once again, we have a convoluted mystery that Kellan ends up right in the middle of. Kellan's brother Hampton is accused of embezzlement and is fired from his job, a retired judge is murdered, Nana D is missing and things are happening to cause everyone in the Ayrwick family to have problems. When Hampton is arrested for murder, Kellan disobeys the sheriff and investigates to clear his brother.

There is always a lot happening in this series. There are many red herrings, diverging plotlines and ch
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Frozen Stiff Drink by James J. Cudney is a complex plot with multiple crimes and intriguing characters.
Will Kellen find the culprit before his family's reputation is ruined?
Kellen
Kellen is a college professor and our sleuth. His family has an outstanding reputation locally as his Grandmother "Nana D" is the mayor. However, it seems that some
Roberta Cheadle
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Frozen Stiff Drink is another incredibly fast-paced and fascinating murder mystery in this great series by author, James J. Cudney. This one is even more complex as it involves three murders and a couple of close attempts so you have to pay attention and stay on your toes while reading. This book also includes a ramp up in Kellan's relationship with law enforcer, April, despite some trials presented in the unexpected appearance of her husband, Fox Terrell, who turns out to have some unexpected r ...more
Lghiggins
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Both clues and motives for murder abound in Frozen Stiff Drink, the latest addition to James J. Kidney’s Braxton Campus Mystery Series. With each book, I think the plot threads can’t get more tangled than in the previous books, but they do! With a cast of characters that will intrigue you, draw you in, and evoke strong reactions, this cozy mystery will provide you with all the distraction you need during this time of shelter in place.

Kellan has a history of finding dead bodies since he returned
Rekha Rao
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I have to describe this book in one word, I would said - WOW! I have been following this series from the beginning and with each book, we readers were given a little shocker - a zap that you might not even feel. But this book was a total jaw-dropper! WOW!

I suppose almost every chapter starts and ends with a twist. Forget cozy, Frozen Stiff Drink keeps one on the edge of their seat. Buckle up, peeps, coz this is going to be one heck of a roller-coaster ride!
The book ends with a cliffhanger -
Myra Dutkiewicz
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favourite so far in the series.

Along with murder and intrigue, this book is filled with moments of tension, where you just can't read fast enough to see the outcome. Characters are well developed, and you actually feel the emotions they're going through. I'm looking forward to reading the next one!
Connie
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun series. I love the characters and their interactions. The stories are fun and engaging. This is both a quick read and one to get lost in to break away from everything that’s going on right now. I can’t wait for the next installment.
Colette LeFever
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
What can I say. I love this series and as it progresses the characters improve. Can't wait until the next installment! ...more
Kendra
Mark M. Strothmann
Nov 21, 2020
Mrs Gillian Sykes
Apr 24, 2020

• Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Long Bright River
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond
  • Safecracker
  • In the Shadow of Stone
  • A Broken Reality
  • The Last Human
  • The Heartless (Bruno Johnson, #7)
  • A Good Neighborhood
  • Side Trip
  • They Called Us Enemy
James is my given name; most call me Jay. I grew up on Long Island and currently live in New York City, but I've traveled all across the US and various parts of the world. After college, I accepted roles working in technology, program management, and business operations in the retail, sports, entertainment, and media industries. Although I enjoy my career, I began to focus on other passions in 201 ...more

Braxton Campus Mysteries (8 books)
  • Academic Curveball (Braxton Campus Mysteries #1)
  • Broken Heart Attack (Braxton Campus Mysteries #2)
  • Flower Power Trip (Braxton Campus Mysteries #3)
  • Mistaken Identity Crisis (Braxton Campus Mysteries #4)
  • Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)
  • Legally Blind Luck (Braxton Campus Mysteries #7)
  • Sleigh Bell Tower (Braxton Campus Mysteries #8)