Start by marking “Last Girl Standing” as Want to Read:
Last Girl Standing

Last Girl Standing

New York Times bestselling Sisters of Suspense join forces for a gripping standalone novel about a clique of popular girls whose high school friendship is marked by a tragedy that continues to haunt them decades later.

First they were five. Then they were four.

Who's turn will it be next?

At Bristol High they were an elite clique known as the Five Firsts: Amanda, Bailey,
Expected publication: June 1st 2020 by Zebra Books (first published May 26th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Last Girl Standing, please sign up.
Sandy I don't honestly think anyone or anything is up to that challenge but as authors go I think she is very good.…moreI don't honestly think anyone or anything is up to that challenge but as authors go I think she is very good. (less)

Start your review of Last Girl Standing
Diane Houdeshell
This book was bad, not a likeable person in it. Delta marries her high school sweetheart despite the fact that he cheats on her non-stop. It was really just about a group of people that needed to grow up and let high school go.
Donna
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Fifteen years earlier, a group of teen girls formed a clique called the Five Firsts -- Amanda, Bailey, Carmen, Delta, and Zora with Ellie wanting to be a part of the group. One of them drowned at the end of their senior year and maybe that wasn't an accident.

At their 10 year reunion, another one of the group dies. The deaths continue in current time. Way too much of a coincidence.

The first third of the book describes teen girls in hormonal lust for a guy, Tanner. I found it difficult
Helen Williams
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decades old tragedy comes back to haunt a group of high schoolers that leads to more deaths and mystery.

They were known as the Five Firsts. Tragedy strikes this elite group at a pre-graduation party when one of their group dies. There are a lot of rumors floating as to whether her death was an accident. Now years later others from that graduating class start dying mysteriously. One of the group is suspected of murdering her husband. It soon becomes obvious that there is a vendetta happening.
Rick Molitor
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fairly good thriller. It sort of wandered around a bit for awhile. But then it really took off at the end. It kept you guessing right up until the end.
Donna Hines
When there's trouble on the horizon with the elites....
Ahhh! The Five Firsts are about to experience a shocker right before senior year graduation when one of their own dies.
Carman well lets just say she wasn't so lucky when she died trying to save another. Was this an accident? How could this happen trying to save the hottest guy in the school?
Full steam ahead as now these elite groups join up for a reunion that showcases their similarities but also their differences. With the latter being
Tammy Adams
Note to self - if this ends up being a series, skip it.
Sheri
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 star rating. I have to start off by saying I typically like Lisa Jackson's books, however I felt this wasn't on par with her average book. The book starts with a group of high school girls that forms a clique called the First Fives. There are five girls in the group, along with Elly, really wishes she was part of this group. At the end of their senior year, one of them ends up drowning. Perhaps it wasn't an accident? The book then transitions to their 10-year reunions, where another one of ...more
Sharon Turner
I have loved all of Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush books, and Last Girl Standing , did not disappoint. This book is about five girls , who becomes friends in high school, and the tragic death of one of them at a party, just before graduation. Was it an accident or something more sinister, years later it seams all of them were keeping secrets. Last Girl Standing kept me guessing to the end, and thats the best kind of story, the ones you cant figure out to the end. Great job to the authors. Thank you ...more
Dsbook
Mar 31, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this book starts out with 5 main girls in high school. It is full of teenage angst and jealousy. The weeks before graduation one of the girls drowns. Is it an accident or murder? Then the book skips 10 years and more deaths of the friends. I had a hard time with all of the jumping back and forth and I really just did not like most of the characters, too much angst and cheating among everybody. The end of the book was good and the killer was not who I expected. I would give a 3 1/2 but with the ...more
Sandy
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. Funny thing about this book is that I had just finished another book by another author written a few years ago that had basically the same storyline. I just found it odd that I just read two books back to back with high school friends that were being killed off. I may have rated this higher and I just not read a similar book and maybe was perhaps a bit bored by the end. It was still a very good book just wish I hadnt read them back to back. ...more
Debi
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that this book is nothing new or special and it's been done hundreds of times but many authors....reminded me in many ways of the movie "Heathers" but for some reason it actually kept my attention until the very end. It's been many years since I read either of the sister authoress's but it was an interesting book back into their world.
Autumn Chastain
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow loved this book and written by two great authors...about a group of high school students who suffer a tragedy when one of their classmates loses their life at their graduation party, in which turns at their high school reunions things start turning bad for the rest of the group...didnt see the ending and was awesome ...more
Suzin
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book, it was one which held my interest and one which I could just read and enjoy. DId some of it seem not plausible? maybe but that was ok as I had pretty much bought into the characters and cared enough to want to know how it all ended.
Tamara
Mar 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a good read however it is also an example of "less is more" the plot was pretty long and drawn out and then little time was spent on the development of the twist at the end leaving it rather flat.
Carol
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets, lies, infidelity, jealousy, murders this book has it all. I actually read this in one sitting... That's how much I enjoyed it. The storyline flows so well and the characters are interesting to say the least. I really was never sure who the killer was. I highly recommend this book.
Pam
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book
Connie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
slow paced and predicatable. Not as good as Lisa Jackson usually is.
Carmen Hicks
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book..... one of their best to date!!! I was on the edge of my seat and couldn't put the book down !!!
LEE MILLS
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time finishing this book.
Shkolnikjx
Mar 27, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! A wonderful cast of characters and gorgeous prose. The storyline was engaging and flowed seamlessly.
Highly recommended!
Wren
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 . I just rounded up because I've been a long time fan of these sisters. It had vapid characters you couldn't root for, and a very basic, Lifetime movie plot. I finished though, so there's that.
Lois
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good book with twists and turns. A lot of characters that I had a little trouble keeping track of but it could be my mind set at this time.
Sheila R. Henz
Mar 22, 2020
Karrie Daniels
Mar 15, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hindsight (Kendra Michaels, #7)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • Blindside (Michael Bennett, #12)
  • The Look-Alike
  • The River Murders
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • The Dark Corners of the Night (UNSUB, #3)
  • The Third to Die
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Catch Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #6)
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • The Next Accident (Quincy & Rainie, #3)
  • Lost
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • The Prized Girl
  • Haven't They Grown
  • Insatiable (Steel Brothers Saga #12)
  • The Baby Clause (The Contract, #1.25)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Dont Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jacksons books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a