Start by marking “Amber Hollow” as Want to Read:
Amber Hollow

Amber Hollow

On July 15, 1991, an isolated village in Northern Wisconsin is ground zero for an unprecedented, fiery tragedy. Of the community's 600 residents, there are only five survivors. Detailed accounts by the victims contradict each other; the only link is a man named Anthony Guntram, but because he is presumed to be dead, this claim can't be verified. Further investigations ...more
Paperback, 1, 239 pages
Published October 15th 2019 by Swampland Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Amber Hollow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amber Hollow

Start your review of Amber Hollow
Michelle {Book Hangovers}
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
First off, Amber Hollow...what a title! Both title and book cover are just gorgeous.
With a title like Amber Hollow you’d think you were about to embark on a mythical fantasy journey through a fairy woodland...HA! Far from it!
This book does give off a fantasy vibe but more of a dark one. With elements of the paranormal and a creepy thriller, this detective type mystery will keep you guessing “what’s really going on?” till the very end.
An entire town burned down with barely any survivors. Those
Sydney
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Amber Hollow was an interesting supernatural (dark fantasy? mystery?) novel that I actually ended up enjoying, but it did have its faults! I wasn’t sure about this one in the beginning since the pace seemed choppy (I felt like a character would be introduced and the whole story would pause for a long description about their history and personality). However, the story came together and kept my interest since I wanted to see what was happening and who to trust. Now for the cons… I probably would ...more
D Gillis
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Police detectives Sadie Conrad and Jeremy LeFevre are investigating a fire in the town of Amber Hollow. There are only five survivors out of 600 residents. They are taken to the hospital, each one telling a different story about what happened. The partially intact bodies of the few victims that were recovered suggest violent deaths before they were burned. When the detectives go to investigate the scene, the ominous atmosphere is palpable as soon as they cross the town lines. Amber Hollow has ...more
Courtney (dogeareddaysofsummer)
I must confess that the book’s cover and synopsis is what initially drew me to sign up for this tour. Once I started reading, I quickly became hooked; the readers are introduced to two detectives: Sadie and Jeremy, who are working a case about a suspicious fire set in the community known as “Amber Hollow.” The duo begin questioning their limited survivors, but soon realize that their stories aren’t lining up, but can’t seem to figure out why…yet. Unfortunately, it is shortly after these events ...more
Amy
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was completely entertained!

This was unlike anything I've ever read before and I loved it! I never could have imagined coming up with a story like this in a million years! So fun, creepy and original and it kept me entertained and guessing through the whole story. About halfway through I was thinking 4 or 4.5 stars easy but by 65% I knew it easily earned 5 stars from me! This book would make an awesome movie! So action packed and a so many twists you never see coming! Can't wait to see what
A_Place_In The_Orchard
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not often that a new book ends you hurtling back forty years.... not a new horror novel, anyway. But if you spent the 1970s devouring cheapo horror paperbacks, the sub-Stephen King variety that were so implausibly, gratuitously nasty that - well, you know the expression "so bad, it's brilliant?" That sums those books up. And that is where "Amber Horror" is targeted.

It's terrific No spoilers, no "you'll never believe the bit where." But there are a lot of parts that merit that warning, and
Leila  Pitchford-English
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amber Hollow is a great combination of mystery, fantasy and a touch of horror. A fire destroys an isolated town, and that isolation is only one difficulty is solving what happened. As the police get deeper into the investigation, they only find more questions. And those questions finally come to circle the 11-year-old survivor.
 Reading Divergence
AMBER HOLLOW is the product of a very creative mind, a novel whose mysteries twist and turn, echoing backnon themselves, constantly changing appearances, till one doesn't know in which direction to look or whether one is coming or gping--because everyone lies, many of them in what they consider the service of a Greater Good-which isn't. A riveting novel of paranormal, Supernatural, contemporary tied to historical--even, perhaps, Lovecraftian. An amazing novel.
Joanna (Joanna)
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:
Detectives Jeremy LeFevre and Sadie Conrad are investigating a devastating fire and destruction of a small town called Amber Hollow. Along their investigation things aren’t adding up; every survivor has a different story and the autopsies are proving to be stranger than anticipated. With essentially no evidence of what occurred the night of the massacre both detectives decide it is time to visit Amber Hollow. Once in its grasp, they are shown that this investigation is not going to be
MaryKaye
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually do not read paranormal books, but seeing as this story takes place in Wisconsin near Crandon, I had to read it! I live between Crandon and Rhinelander so I was inquisitive as to the authenticity of the book, even though it is fiction. The whole village called Amber Hollow dies violently for no apparent reason. The few survivors tell different stories. Jeremy and Sadie who are homicide detectives from Green Bay are investigating the tragedy. I loved the humor in this book...(check out ...more
Barbara
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

A nice little story with interesting characters and storyline. When you know what's behind the horror you will feel alot of righteousness for that horror.
Desiree
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Thanks to the author for a Kindle copy of Amber Hollow. This isn't my usual genre, but I really enjoyed this book and all of the creepiness it had to offer!
Amy Garrett
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was areally good book that completely kept my interest. I definately recommend this book.
Sonja
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
If you like a story with a mystery and some horror aspects, this is the book for you. An intriguing story about a fire ravishing a town leaves you wondering what the survivors are hiding, why they're all so strange, and who actually is involved. While I didn't care much about the survivors themselves, I did love the main characters, Jeremy and Sadie. Sadie is easily one of the better character's I've read recently, and what is not to like about a badass female cop who is sure of herself and her ...more
Kay Mcleer
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a unique telling of a horror story, the characters were great and I was captured by the story itself. Mr. Swamp was able to create a good mystery in his horror novel and I like that when reading a horror book.
Jennifer Vance
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good mystery, and this one kept my interest up until the very end -- with a twist that legitimately shocked me! Amber Hollow is a quick, easy read, perfect to get you in the Halloween spirit.
JKS Communications
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edgar's new novel turns the classic mystery on its head. After a fire destroys the isolated Amber Hollow, it's up to two detectives to figure out what's cursing this Wisconsin town. Mixing elements of thrillers and horror, you'll never see the ending coming!
Marissa DeCuir
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edgar Swamp's newest book does a fabulous job of blending horror with mystery and fantasy, creating a novel like no other! Jeremy and Sadie make a great investigative duo, and the remote Wisconsin village where a disastrous fire is set in makes the story all the more creepier.
Tammy Goodwin
Oct 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
A thoughtful horror sorry. It’s was a fast read and kept me guessing. It also made me do a little research on Wisconsin! The Who and why of Anthony Guntram drives the story but there is much much more. Highly recommend!
Jasmine
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Hollow is a horror novel, but it's also kind of depressing. By the time I finished, I actually felt a pang of sadness for one of the characters. I felt bad for a few of the characters, but something about the ending for this one made me sad. The story almost reminded me a bit of Mama (the movie with Jessica Chastain) in terms of it being horror while also being depressing.

First off, the cover is awesome. Second, the synopsis is intriguing and makes you want to read the story to see what
Victoria Freter
I received a free ebook copy of Amber Hollow through Goodreads Giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

My final rating would be 3.5 stars.

I didn't know anything about this book except for the snippet on Goodreads. To be honest, I was a little hesitant because it didn't sound like a book I would normally read, but obviously I entered the giveaway anyway. I am glad I did, because I did enjoy the book. What did I enjoy about the book? I enjoyed how normal the book started (generic detective
Gina
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber Hollow is a great combination of mystery and horror. True to his other novels, Swamp writes a story so captivating that you can’t put it down until you get to the end.
Kalila
Lee-ann
Dec 16, 2019
RABT Book Tours: Amber Hollow by Edgar Swamp 1 3 Jan 05, 2020 11:26PM

• The God Game
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • Coraline
  • Smoke and Mirrors: Short Fiction and Illusions
  • Imaginary Friend
  • The Forgotten Island: A Horror Novel
  • Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • The Choice: Embrace the Possible
  • Notes from the Upside Down: An Unofficial Guide to Stranger Things
  • The Outsider
  • The One I Left Behind
  • Son of the Sea, Daughter of the Sun
Edgar Swamp's stories have appeared in Death Head Grin, Alienskin, Macabre Cadaver, and Urban Reinventors. He currently resides in San Diego, California. He is the author of The Gyre Mission: Journey to the *sshole of the World, a horror/environmental tale, and Glitch in the Machine, a dystopian political thriller. Read the Kirkus review here: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-re...
Swamp's