Start by marking “Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)” as Want to Read:
Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)

Explosive Vengeance

(Vengeance #3)

Two opposites in uncharted territory.

Published October 29th 2019 by Kaylea Cross Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Explosive Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Explosive Vengeance

Start your review of Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Hot damn, Explosive Vengeance surely lives up to it’s title! It starts out with a bang and goes full-throttle until the very last word!

I loved Chloe and Heath’s romance. Loved their meet-cute—or not so meet-cute if you asked Heath. Their connection was immediate—their attraction too. I loved how Heath brought out the soft side of Chloe. That he so desperately wanted to protect her—even from herself. And that Chloe brought out the want for more—more of a life, more of a desire for a family and lo
Anita
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc
Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) provided by the Author via NetGalley in exchange for an fair and honest review.

This is not the best book in this series, by far. Here you get a lackluster romance with anemic suspense. Missing in this book are the trademark action scenes that are what Kaylea Cross is famous for. You get a boy scout hero and a vengeance driven heroine, who is borderline crazy, that make this opposites attract story really hard to take. Chloe goes out of her way to test Heath by putting
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publicity team. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3.5 hearts

This series, Vengeance has an overall story of finding all the Valkyries who have been burned and keeping them from being killed, bringing them into the team.  There is also the goal of finding out who is hunting them to extinction, a mole in the covert ops family.  Each book has a new couple as each n
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Explosive in so many ways…

Chloe was a kick-a$$ woman determined to even the justice scales. This lone Valkyrie was soon anything but as she had a whole team suddenly behind her, and they had her back…

Each woman in this deadly group had skills and talents to get themselves out of almost any situation. Chloe fit right in, using any advantage she had to complete her missions. Having a partner was something she never had, and didn’t want, but Heath knew his way around the battlefield, and soon found
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars--

About the book: Release Date October 29, 2019

Two opposites in uncharted territory.

The government made Chloe Wilson an explosives expert, trained to take out a target with a precise, controlled hit. But there’s nothing controlled about her current situation—or the danger coming after her. When a good-looking stranger is sent to watch her back, she’s not impressed. This mission is personal, and it’s liable to get her killed. The former Valkyrie can’t afford any mistakes or attachments
Speed
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read. These stories keep getting better and better. This is Chloe and Heath's story. Another great read, filled with action, hot loving and humorous moments. Enjoyed it and cannot wait for the next one! 4.5 stars*****

******I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by NetGalley******
ZETTER
She's Dynamite!!!

Chloe Wilson, a Valkyrie like those we've met in the past and present (Briar, Georgia, Trinity, Megan, Amber and Kiyomi (COVERT VENGEANCE)). She was also a detonation expert, despite the program being shut down, she went out of her way to help those in needs especially women who were taken advantage of by some evildoers.
On one her rescue missions, she figured out that there was a mole, someone gave the enemy her true identity and she was no longer safe in the place she was. She
Kari Hansen
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chloe is a Valkyrie who is a specialist when it comes to incendiaries. Even though the group has disbanded she continues to work independently to help those who can’t help themselves. When her past actions place her in danger her fellow Valkyrie’s send Heath to protect her, but she isn’t about to give up her quest and refuses to leave and return to her friends.

When Heath agreed to help out a friend he didn’t expect that it would involve the most stubborn and determined woman that he has ever met
crashqueen73
Good writing but I find I get bored if the relationship progressing in a predictable way and the angst is barely there. I did like the sound of the dude with the dodgy leg and the girl he met in the garden maybe?

3 stars for me.
Davia
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!

I am going to be heart broken when this series ends. I hope Kaylea finds a way to incorporate the Bitchilanties into another series or keep it going with awesome stories and a few missions here and there. It is suspenseful and romantic. Write On K!
D.
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**4.5** Stars

Another great read from Ms. Cross! I love the Valkyries women, but Chloe is such a badass woman. Like her "sisters", she is tough and great with her skills. Trained to be one of the best, Chloe, like the others, lead a solitary life. Up until recently, she worked alone.

The story picks up from the last book, where the rest of the remaining Valkyries are searching for the other women still out there. Chloe is on a mission to destroy the group responsible for women trafficking. She was
Niken Widyastuti
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a 3.5 stars review

I have mixed feeling about this book. I always love Kaylea Cross’ books, even her second chance stories (I’m not fond of second chance stories). This book, like her other books, was full of action, with thoughtful theme. Her way of storytelling was also impeccable, as usual. However, I found myself not rooted for the heroine, and the heroine character is always the biggest part of my consideration for book rating. Yes, Chloe was a strong woman, a very skilled one. And a
Tracey
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chloe is good at what she does and is used to working alone. She is not happy when she notices the guy following her. Chloe soon discovers that her friend sent him and expects her to let him help her on her mission. Chloe also learns that her friend is working with a group trying to find the remaining members from the secret government program that trained them and she wants Chloe to join the group.

Heath is taking a break between assignments from his contractor job when he's asked by his best f
Nikki Brooks
This series gives you all the feels! From hot passion, terrifying situations, horrific abuses and a great dollop of humour.

Poor Heath. He just wants a holiday before his next contract in Syria commences. He did not expect a call from his buddy Ty asking him to shadow a woman and keep her safe. Chloe, however, is not your average damsel in distress, she's more like to cause the distress!

But after meeting the business end of Chloe's weapon, he finally convinces her he's there to help and off they
Regina Kiddy
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my oh my!,, love these Valkyries! This is Chloe and Heaths story. Choose likes to make things go boom! When decides a trafficker needs to meet his end, he does. Heath is on vacation. When an old friend calls him up and asks him to follow a girl, well the friend did save his life, so what are friends for! Little does he know that when dealing with a Valkyrie. It may not only be following, but running to and somewhere in between might their be love?

I read and reviewed this advanced complimentar
Book Him Danno
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaylea Cross is able to write a action packed romance that will keep reader hooked from beginning to end. Readers will either love or hate the Valkyrie stories as they can be graphic and at time brutal with you read about women deep cover special operations expects.

The author is able to create a bond with women who distrust each other due to the background and those who have betrayed them.

The story moves quickly and while it is a stand alone I believe readers need to start with book 1.

Bella
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story about former Valkyries continues in this book with explosive expertise Chloe who is alone after the bad guys. Unexpectedly she receives help from other Valkyries and their team in which one is Heath contractor with the hero complex. This is a story about suspense, action and boiling tension between Heath and Chloe. Like all the other Valkyries, Chloe has trust and commitment issues. It is great to see how she surrenders to Heat and to see that their commitment lasts.
I volunteered to r
Sharrice
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blog Tour review: https://reesesreviews.blogspot.com/20...

I have to say I have loved the Vengeance Series since book one. I was super excited to read about Chloe since Megan mentioned her so much in her book. That being said this is one of the books I struggled with the most. I struggled with liking Chloe for a couple chapters which had me putting off reading this book for some time.

Chloe is a Valkryie on the run but that hasn't prevented her from seeking justice for women who need it. She's bee
Denai Piscopo
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first introduction to the Valkyrie Ladies and it was fantastic. I loved both the main characters of Chloe & Heath. There were parts where I laughed, parters where I smirked at the attitudes, and had me turning the pages for the action. It was a little bit less romance than I thought it would be but it was still part of it.

It’s my first time reading a Kayla across novel and I love her style. I’ll be going to buy the rest of this series now.
Denai Piscopo
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I was not impressed with this romantic thriller. While I admired Chloe's bad-ass tactics it became too unreal for me once Heath became involved. He was too protective and in the way. It didn't feel like he was an important part of the story. The parts about the traffickers were interesting but I was put off by how stagnate they sounded. Just didn't get the scary vibes. Disappointed.
Michelle Graves
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! She has a one track mind when it comes 2 vengeance but it's soooo worth it after everything that happened 2 those innocents and her friend. Those 2 fuckin g assholes deserved much more but they got what they deserved. Even though he was just doing a small favor 4 his friend he managed 2 get so wrapped up that he was willing 2 do anything 2 help her and keep her as his. She was scared about her feelings but they all realized that it's finally time 2 change their lives 4 the better, etc.
Karen J
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing to say...

But, bring on four and five! I absolutely love these kick ass women warriors! Because regardless of the government did, they are not simple assassins!
They are absolutely,, kick-ass warriors!
Love these books, loved all your books but truly love The Valkyrie's!
Bring on four and five!
Melinda
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an author who delivers nail-biting action drama with rich characters you will fall in love with. This book was an engaging and captivating read. Once again “Kaylea Cross” delivers a story full of action, drama, emotions and romance to keep me turning the pages to the end. I didn’t want this story to end. I’m looking forward to reading the next one. Happy reading!!
Sue Thomas
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another explosive read

This group of women are so badass it makes the word seem feeble. On their own they are one of a kind, looking danger in the eye without even flinching. Together they are dynamic, undefeatable, Toxic. Can't wait to read that one! It's waiting for me in my library, so here goes nothing!! Love you Kaylea.
Yoshitha : BookJunkieJane
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Goodness, Chloe! 💣💥 She's explosive, headstrong, stubborn & impatient! The opening scene where she creeps behind Heath & stuns him is one of the best Intros u'll ever get! 😂 Fitting that she was an explosive expert! The way she killed her targets were like Stun Grenades & Flash Bangs 🔟 times exploding! 🌋👏👌 My Favorite Valkyrie! 💚💃 Chloe, The Stun-Gun! 🔪🗡🔫 ...more
Heather
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Explosive is right. I think this is the best book in the series so far. I adore Chole and Heath. She is so twitchy, wild and funny to his calm, cool and Boy Scout ways. I hit all the emotional points with this book and loved every minute. I love the cast of characters for this series. They are so interesting and unique. The plot was current but interesting. I can’t wait for the next.
Miriam Wolfe
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Wow, each of the books in this series just keep getting better and better! The Valkyries are so deadly and like a female super hero!

Poor Heath thinks that he is helping out a woman who needs protection and comes to find out that Chloe doesn't need a man for that - she is lethal.

This book is non-stop action and it was hard to put it down as I just kept wanting to know how each encounter ended! Add in the former Valkyries from previous books and their
Mary  Aquino
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always a Great Story

Kaylea Cross crafts some of the most engaging romantic suspense sto6out there. The Vengeance series is page-turning, have-to-buy-the-next book riveting. This is book 3 and I'm about to buy book 4.

Chloe and Heath are definitely explosive!!
Stormy Feibel
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complementary copy given for honest review.
Great thrilling read by Kaylea Cross. I love her writing style and her books. This book did not disappoint.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy #2)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Black Tie (Black's Bandits #2)
  • Black Out (Black's Bandits #3)
  • Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • Hard Edge (Cobra Elite, #4)
  • The Protector (Aces #2)
  • Deadly Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City #5)
  • Hard Line (Cobra Elite, #5)
  • Gabriel (Guardian Defenders #1)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • Winter Hawk (Evidence #9)
  • HOT SEAL Devotion (HOT SEAL Team #8)
  • Thanatos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 4)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Maliki (Guardian Defenders #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former nation ...more

Vengeance (5 books)
  • Stealing Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Toxic Vengeance (Vengeance, #4)
  • Beautiful Vengeance (Vengeance, #5)

News & Interviews