Start by marking “One Hot Summer” as Want to Read:
One Hot Summer

One Hot Summer

Melanie Moreland - The Summer of Us
She was the light in my dark life. The sunshine that warmed me and made me smile.

We had one summer. One perfect summer, until the day it ended.

Years later, she walked back into my life. Older. Sadder. More beautiful than ever.

How can I prove to her that summer was real?

How do I make her see that boy that loved her then, still loves her
Published September 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about One Hot Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hot Summer

Start your review of One Hot Summer
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
One Hot Summer is an anthology comprised of seven amazing authors and seven novellas. I read The Summer Of Us by Melanie Moreland. I am in shock right now at the impact this little story had on me. The story is filled with so much emotion. I didn’t want it to end in one way but I also needed to read as fast as I could to make sure these two were going to be okay.

first kiss

Linc is seventeen years old and lives with a cold and manipulative father. Linc is nothing like his father. He is filled with warmth an
Hanne
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve read The Summer Of Us by Melanie Moreland and I liked it a lot. It’s short, but emotional and sweet. I won’t mind if there would be more about Sunny and Linc someday. Sunny and Linc are very lovable characters. They are sweet, kind hearted, hardworking and innocent. Linc and Sunny both don’t have the easiest home situation, but they definitely find support and love with each other. Linc is always there to help Sunny and her family. Linc and Sunny are a beautiful and loving couple.

-- My hone
DJ Sakata
The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland

Favorite Quote:

The past shaped us, made us who we are. It will always be a part of us, but I would rather face the future looking forward.

My Review:

I inhaled this quick and satisfying read, I adored it! Ms. Moreland packed an astounding amount of craft into a mere sixty-five pages as her clever writing instantly pulled me into her characters’ vortex and didn’t let go until well after I had finished their tale. Written in my favorite dual POV, the emotive stor
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
One Hot Summer is a collection of seven novellas featuring entertaining and heartwarming summer romances.  I enjoyed each of the stories in the anthology; however, the focus of my review will be on Single in Sitka by Katy Regnery.

I enjoyed this story for what it was, short, fun, flirty and entertaining.

Amanda and Luke proved an interesting pair.  Amanda’s relationship ended 5 months ago, while Luke has been a widower and single father of three for two years. From the moment they met sparks flew
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
Single in Sitka by Katy Regnery:

Short, sweet, and so so sexy - Single in Sitka, as it appears in this anthology, is just the tip of the iceberg of what Katy Regnery has in store for us with Luke and Amanda, and in this new Alaska-based series in general.

There's a whole lot of insta-lust going on here and that by itself might not have been enough to hook me, but throw in some adorable children and some healing emotional wounds and I was drawn in enough to want to know where this goes from here.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
The summer of us
By MM

Short! Very short novella. This needed to be full length. Hero and heroine were each other firsts but there’s literally no mention of them being celibate during the 10 years of separation. Both pined for each other. I guess I could see the heroine being celibate because authors like to write their heroines very much pathetic and without any sexual life. I totally could see hero moving on because well you already know how authors like to write their heroes. I guess it’s open
Sandy S
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOTE: My review covers novellas by Heidi McLaughlin, Melanie Moreland and Caisey Quinn

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date September 2, 2019

Melanie Moreland - The Summer of Us

We had one summer. One perfect summer, until the day it ended.

How can I prove to her that summer was real?

How do I make her see that boy that loved her then, still lo
Diane Plourde TDC Book Reviews
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

I generally don’t read anthologies with novellas but I couldn’t resists because some of my favourite authors were part of it.

I read The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland. Linc and Sunny where young love but got separated by circumstances beyond their control. Now years later they get a second chance. It was a great short story. It does have an HEA.

I read Heidi McLaughlin, By The Seaside. Kelly returns to Gray, the town she grew up. A second chance, single parent novella. Great story with an HEA.
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Hot Summer is an anthology of steamy summer novellas that are sure to bring some heat to to your summer and a smile to your face. I am reviewing The Summer of Us by one of my favorite authors, Melanie Moreland.

Lincoln lives a solitary life. He may have a rich father and the appearance of wealth but he is abused and lives a dire existence. The one bright spot in his life is Sunny; beautiful, loving, sweet, from the wrong part of town Sunny. She is his world and as long as his dad doesn't find
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Review for Melanie Moreland's Summer of Us:
With an overbearing father and his future already planned out for him, Linc hides the fact that he is in love with Sunny as his father does not approve. When they both find themselves working at the same summer camp their romance blooms. But Linc's dad is onto their secret and whisks Linc away - never to have contact with Sunny again. Will Linc be able to win her heart again after being away for ten years? Or will Summer always connect him with his hate
Shelly
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland that is a part of this anthology and I’m still a little speechless from it. I’m not sure I’ve ever felt this strongly about two characters in a novella before. But Linc and Sunny’s story reached in and grabbed me by the heart and abruptly yanked me into the deep end within the first couple of pages. I was fully invested and swooning, then devastated, only to be put back together again all within a few thousand words. Fantastic storytelling. Now...I nee ...more
Jamie Schlosser
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland and I loved it! I was surprised a shorter story could have so many feels. It was angsty and heartbreaking at times, but the love between these two young characters was so swoony. I read this in one sitting because once I started it, I HAD to know what happened for Linc and Sunny. You can't go wrong with a Melanie Moreland book!
Amber Boyd
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The One Hot Summer anthology is packed full of fun! A great way to wind down the official Summer season. I am reviewing 3 of the 7 brand new shorts included, from Heidi McLaughlin, Melanie Moreland and Amy Briggs.

Heidi McLaughlin brings us By the Seaside, a second chance romance that brings Kelly back to her hometown to a fresh start after an ugly divorce. Opening a business with the support of her parents and best friends, Kelly is surprised to find the guy that broke her heart in high school.
Joli
Review based on stories read as of 9/2/19:
By the Seaside by Heidi McLaughlin
Love's a Beach by Danielle Pearl

I'm not quite ready to let go of summer, so the ONE HOT SUMMER Anthology is perfect for a reader like me. There is a feeling of freedom and possibility and change in the summer and I felt for the characters in the novellas that I've read so far.

This anthology caught my attention because it includes new novellas by Heidi McLaughlin and Danielle Pearl, and it is a great way to get introduce
Kahea
Review for Katy Regnery- Single in Sitka

***5 Stars***

I got sucked in.
I loved all the characters.
And was totally down with all that was going on…
And then that ending that isn’t really an ending...okay it’s a cliffy, but it wasn’t meant to be..UGH…I’m getting a tinsy bit ahead of myself here…
Rewind.
Okay, so I really enjoyed Single in Sitka. It’s only part one, but it packed a punch and I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the book!
I loved Amanda and Luke. They are both good people with
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

Perfect Anthology to end the summer. My reviews are based on two of the stories contained int he collection. I do look forward to reading more of the entries as well.

Single in Sitka

Single dad stories are my favorite. I also love this author. She gives us such a tantalizing dip in this romance pool. It's almost cruel to cut this story short. Amanda and Luke will leave you begging to find out what happens. So steamy together from the start. No strings arrangement. Yep. You know their hea
Erin Lewis
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review The Summer of Us (One Hot Summer) by Melanie Moreland

Part of the One Hot Summer Anthology, this review is for The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland

Wow for such a short story, this one really packed a lot into it. This was a beautiful, well written story that tugged on my heartstrings and pulled my emotions all over the place.

Linc and Sunny were teenager lovers but thanks to his manipulative and violent father they were torn apart and forced to separate. Fast forward 10 years and oh
Island Girl Romance Reads
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Hot Summer is an anthology consisting of 7 stories by some amazing authors and this is my review of One Hot Summer by Melanie Moreland.

Love second chances romance and this novella was beautiful and also emotional.
Lincoln is a 17 and son of a wealthy man that is a cold, violent and manipulative
His only light in that dark cold world is Sunny.
Sunny is a girl living in the other side of town. She lives with her mother and two sisters and they struggle to make ends meet. But they are happy.
Linc
Anna
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hot, steamy end of summer treat to heat up the nights!!

The Summer of Us: sweet hot second chance romance. Lincoln and Sunny are childhood friends who became each other's first love, only to have life get in their way. Mostly told from Linc's POV, full of feels, first love, that timeless quality summer love has, and thwarted plans and a reconnection 10 years later. Loved it!!

All of the stories are fantastic. I received a review copy of The Story of Us. I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Cathy
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review of The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland

A summer secret romance between the downtrodden rich boy and the gentle, sweet girl from the wrong side of the tracks. The romance between these youngsters was absolutely perfect in the way it developed. 10 years later Lincoln returns and he and Sunny have a second chance. I would have loved more of the second half, I was just getting captivated by their story.
Dawn Strickland
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, Summer Heat ***** Review of The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland *****

Linc and Sunny's story is bittersweet and emotional with a HFN. I say HFN because I hope that Ms. Moreland decides to give us more of these two characters. The Summer of Us is a quick, steamy, and stirring love story. I was immediately enamoured with Linc and Sunny's connection. Their relationship felt innocent, yet arousing. I was swept up in young love and felt every moment of joy, heartache, and hope.
Karrie
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Moreland's The Summer of Us is short, but sweetish! Lincoln or Linc called my Sunny is not your typical rich boy. He thought that they would have the whole summer together, but his father had other ideas after seeing Lincoln with Sunny one day. They eventually find their way back together to have many more summers together or at least I hope they do...
Jessica Lezama a
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland is part of the One Hot Summer Anthology. It's a super sweet story about 2 teenagers fighting Lincon's dad to be together one day. Even at their short age they know what they want and work together to get it. This is about the joy and hurt of the first love. I loved both characters and their story.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I read The Summer Of Us by Melanie Moreland and enjoyed this short, sweet coming of age novella.
Lincoln and Sunny know their young love is true love. They are innocents and life throws some difficult hurdles at them.
I loved reading of their journey back to each other and really hope we will get more of this story in the future.
-4.5 Stars!!-
M L
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland and it is amazing! This is the story of Linc and Sunny that will leave you believing in second chances! It was full of emotion and I absolutely didn’t want it to end!! Loved it!
Patty
Summer of Us
I loved this short story in One Hot Summer. Linc is a child whose mother passed and he is left with a very abusive and uncaring father. His father is a very ugly man. He is greedy and conniving. All he wants from Linc is his trust fund.

Sunny is a girl from the wrong side of the tracks. She is a wonderful girl in love with Linc. She works hard and takes care of her family. All Linc and Sunny wants is to love each other. But Lincs father is not having it.

This book is a story of true lo
Isha Coleman
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
One Hot Summer is full of heartache, humor, hope and love. From the first hello to the last goodbye this group of authors delivers captivating emotion and tempting romance.

The Summer of Us by Melanie Moreland -Take a walk down memory lane and find a new beginning. Melanie Moreland proves a powerful presence with a heartbreaking tale of lost and found love. Linc and Sunny blend dark times and beautiful moments inside a breathtaking love story.

By the Seaside by Heidi McLaughlin - Mclaughlin knows
Jill M
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Inheritance by Amy Briggs
This was a different and intriguing story. I was pleasantly surprised and invested in the characters and story. It was well written and moved along smoothly. Well too smoothly because then it was over and I was a little disappointed. I hadn’t realized it would be a continuation in a full novel. But I like the story so much I will be reading that book when it comes out.

Single in Sitka by Katy Regnery
It was fun and flirty with insta chemistry and lots of sensual moment
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
SUMMER SEDUCTION by Caisey Quinn

CA7D0003-CCE4-4C5A-BED9-D12A519A4AB1

Summer Seduction was my first read by Caisey Quinn. It was a sweet, quick read that left me dying for more!

I loved everything about Emersyn and Aiden. She was accepting, thoughtful, and wanted to take care of those she loved most. And Aiden made my heart melt with how sweet he was towards her — he didn’t treat Emersyn as if she were any ordinary girl. Between their chemistry and that twist at the end, it has my forbidden-loving-heart racing for what’s to come!
J_Mc 251
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of anthologies, and one that focuses on the summer is obviously going to be great! One of my favorite authors, Melanie Moreland, contributed “The Story of Us” to this anthology. Sunny and Lincoln (Linc) have a sweet romance, even though he has a horrible father and she is from the wrong side of the tracks. Their romance advances during the summer, until all of a sudden, Linc disappears, leaving Sunny bereft. As always, I’m not going to spoil anything, but suffice to say that even ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: One Hot Summer - Now Available 2 21 Sep 12, 2019 05:18PM

• The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
  • An Unexpected Gift (Insta-Spark Collection, #4)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Halton (Vested Interest, #6)
  • Sandy (Vested Interest #7)
  • Changing Roles
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Revved to the Maxx
  • The Summer of Us (Mission Cove, #1)
  • Heart Strings
  • Nome-o Seeks Juliet (Odds-Are-Good, #2)
  • BAM: The Beginning (Vested Interest)
  • An Instant Connection (Insta-Spark Collection, #3)
  • A Fairbanks Affair (Odds-Are-Good, #3)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Rogue Prince (The Rourkes, Book 7)
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • My Valdez Valentine (Odds-Are-Good, #4)
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels, inclu

News & Interviews