Start by marking “The Life You Stole (Life #2)” as Want to Read:
The Life You Stole (Life #2)

The Life You Stole

(Life #2)

Sex. Lies. Revenge.

On the heels of a devastating loss, Evelyn fights to put her life back together.
Only … part of her husband belongs to another woman, and the devil owns her soul.

“If you tell her the lie, I will tell her the truth.”

When her best friend goes to great lengths to protect Evelyn from destruction and devastation, mistakes are made, lines are crossed, and
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Life You Stole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life You Stole

Start your review of The Life You Stole (Life #2)
Malene
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read The Life You Stole in one sitting. I’m left gobsmacked and once again in awe of this author and her storytelling skills. TLYS is a spectacular reading experience. Jewel E Ann casts her magical web and I was ensnared. I was completely enthralled with these four characters. They each made some monumental choices in their lives and they had consequences. It was twisted and toxic but very entertaining nonetheless.

The story picks up right where The Life That Mattered ends and from page one it
Jewel Ann
Feb 04, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

The torture will be over SOON!

Coming February 20th!

AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/383hH9Q
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2SkSBN4
AMAZON CA: https://amzn.to/3bfaiWV
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2SfnX7u
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4,5 STARS

This was not exactly what I expected yet it was so good.Brilliant and I'm speechless!I don't want to give anything away but what a ride!My heart was aching most of the time and I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know what will happen next!

I will say this again this duet is epic, so unique and original like nothing I have read. The story picks up right where the previous left us and it's emotional and intense from the beginning.

The writing is phenomenal and the characters
Wil Loves Books!
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Sometimes we loved with lies and protected with sins.”

I feel like this quote from The Life You Stole sums up perfectly what happened in this second installment. I kept going back and forth with how to rate this book, 5 stars because this duet is simply brilliant or 3 stars because some things that happened in the book I just wasn’t fully happy with. I felt that for me, they tainted the epic love story that was Book 1 (even if the Prologue was telling, I hoped it was one of those bait ones).
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK #1
______________________
_____________________
____________________

We're back in Aspen with ...

Evelyn & Ronin.
Lila & Graham.

Book 2 starts right where we left Ronin dying in book 1.

Does it spoil when I say he doesn't die? No, right? Because he's the hero in this story! He can't die - yet.

Well. He didn't die ... but there was ... something. So that obviously makes us wonder ... what is happening with Lila? Something must've happened to her -
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200216_190941.png

When I first started this duet, I had no idea the kind of journey that these books were going to take me on. I had no idea the kind of emotions that were going to be evoked in me, and I absolutely had no idea that these very same books were going to leave such a lasting impact whether it was good or bad.

The life You Stole picks up right where The Life that Mattered ended and I was so happy for that. That cliffhanger nearly did me in and I needed answers like you wouldn’t believe!! Two couples,
Wendy

Wow, another one to add to my "top reads of 2020" list.

just wow gif - Google Zoeken

I have been dying to get my hands on this book ever since I finished the first book, The Life That Mattered. The previous book left us with the mother of all cliffies and so I couldn't wait to know what was gonna happen next.

Thankfully the author pushed up the release date by a mile and so the wait for this second book isn't/wasn't that long. That said...when you are waiting for something you really want, every minute seems to last for an
Marissa
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“We guard ourselves from negativity and hate, yet kindness and empathy pack the biggest punch because they expose our vulnerability.”

My heart! Oh my god, my heart! It broke into a million pieces and yet I could not stop turning the pages. I was completely captivated and utterly entertained.

Jewel E Ann never ceases to amaze me. With every book she writes, you get a new experience and I’m always left wondering how she does it! The plot is so original, the writing is perfection and the characters
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow I need a minute to catch my breath...

FTCL

***ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR. <3

Berry ♡ Nice
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I NEED more stars for this story!!!

When every other sentence is felt right in the heart you know you've got a good book in your hands.

I finished this book and had to sit, breathe and take in the entire story trying to get all my thoughts together to attempt a coherent review. I've realized I don't have enough words to relate what this story is.

It most definitely was an amazing journey. The Life You Stole (book 2 of The Life duet) is much different from book 1. And this fact leaves me
Chayo
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jewel E Ann took this story, this Duet, where only she could take it! Phenomenal storytelling with a grip of reality and a twist of empathetic parapsychology, deceit, angst, enigmatic characters and so much more!

Something inexplicable yet told in a compellingly heart gripping, soul searching manner. Expertly developed and brilliantly executed I became enthralled and spellbound to the point of finishing this duet with a bit of melancholy and loss entwined with a sense of peace and contentment.
AJ's book-reMarks
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stunned speechless need a few days to mull this one over but posting a review, yeah it's that great!

The Life you Stole is the conclusion of the Life that Mattered.
I finished this book days ago but was stunned speechless and unable to process my emotions. Yeah, this story is a masterpiece and I don’t say that lightly or flippantly. Jewel E. Ann takes on an adventure from the slops in Colorado to dredges of human scum, and it’s all-consuming soul searching emotional rollercoaster from the
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 04, 2020 is currently reading it
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

photo 6B837179-5E98-4CE3-A964-84D0D8BBC4A9_zpselmzd6ov.jpg

photo 708800B6-901E-4A2B-8B1A-C8DCD774F259_zpsqkbfrd0n.jpg
Veronica Bellaorev Books
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I’m gonna start this review by saying that this is a story you absolutely have NEVER read from Jewel’s before and it was BRILLIANT. TLYS is a book that has an incredible mind blowing plot, related characters and perfect writing style that is all Jewel’s. A story with so much power. A book about truths, lies, marriage, family, relationships, love and LIFE. A story that even after finishing, you will be thinking about for days, weeks and months to come.

“Words had many powers. They shaped
CRlovebooks ❤️
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
It’s absolutely one of the best books I’ve read by Author Jewel E Ann

Jewel E Ann is such a master of writing you just keep turning the page.

You know that awesome feeling you get when you read something and the author's talent shines through and you finally see it?
That just happened to me!

This book sucks you in from page one and refuses to let you go, then runs you around like there is no tomorrow.

Absolutely extraordinary, unique and very beautiful. I was absorbing this book into my soul
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS!! OMG....OMG....OMG!! I am speechless and I had to remind myself to breathe while reading this book. I have no words... right now. The story picks up right where the first book stopped. Jewel E. Ann's stories are always original and memorable, her words will touch every emotion buttons you have with all the feels. This is one duet I will never forget, her words will engrave themselves on your heart like a tattoo. You must read this duet....READ IT NOW!!
Michelle
Shelves: arcs
Yowzers, this one packs all of the punches! The Life You Stole picks right up from where The Life That Mattered ended. So many questions whirling in my head with hypothetical explanations. I needed the actual answers. And this sequel took me for a ride, because what is the actual truth? I was prepared for whatever rocky road Evelyn/Evie and Ronin would embark upon given the prologue of the previous book. Throw in Graham and Lila's POV and holy moly, I wasn't sure anymore what issue was the most ...more
Kristi
5+ Gutted but happy stars

4 friends, 2 couples, 2 lovers...

Angsty does not even begin to cover this book. I was on pins and needles throughout the entire 30 some odd chapters

We pick right up where we left off in the first book and you think you know what’s gonna happen...YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE!

When I read the blurb for the 2nd book I was a nervous wreck and by the time I got the book I wanted to be sick and my nerves were shot by the time i finished! I have a headache and my heart hurts

Layne
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t want to give a single thing away, but I will say this, I have never read another story quite like this one. It was compelling, heart wrenching, and utterly unique. From the depth of the characters to the level of deceit to the intricately woven plot - I am, once again, in complete awe of Jewel’s gift for story telling.

This is not a story for the feint of heart. It will rip your heart from your chest and send it beating inside your throat. It’s a book that sits with you long after you’ve
Thu
OMG.

Review forthcoming.

*2/16/20* Full review: http://www.transitiveverve.com/2020/0...
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 “hardest read ever” stars

SPOILER FREE review (except for book first so if you haven’t read the Life The Mattered yet, pass your way)

This was the hardest read ever , not only because the characters are suffering but also because it has major personal triggers that usually would have me DNF the book. And I still don’t know how jewel did it but she kept me in her clutch and I simply could not stop reading.

I was tired, went to bed and …woke up at 4 AM with Roe, Evie, Lila and Graham’s story
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*

OH-M-FREAKIN-G!! I didn’t think anything could rival the Transcend Duet in my eyes(my love knew no bounds with Griff and Swayze )However, I really believe Jewel has done it. What a tragically tangled web she weaved with this duet. Oh my dear book friends, I don’t think there is enough yoga or meditation I could have done in this world to give my mind preparation for the epic mindf-ing it was in for.

This book was the best of everything(book and movie genres) all at once. It was a suspense, a
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting a long time for THIS story. It sounds pretty dramatic, but when you come across an emotional powerhouse of a plot, a flawless narration that checks all the sentimental boxes, it's difficult to come out unscathed and unchanged. It's gravelly emotional, sandpapers and chafes at your heart, so deeply engrossing that the world ceases to exist while you're reading it, and nothing seems to matter when you're done with it....you know This Is IT you've found the PERFECT BOOK

We all
Between the sheets book reviews
The Life You Stole... starts directly off the cliffhanger of The Life That Mattered . I was hooked , obsessed with finding out all the answers to the questions I had in book 1 . Slowly things became clearer, shock became the most forefront feeling above all others. Why hadn’t I seen this coming ? Did I have that little niggle in the back of my head telling me I did in fact see this coming but just didn’t want to see it , to believe one could be capable of such madness ? I really don’t know and ...more
Ashlee
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Scores weren’t supposed to be kept in marriages. “

After the incredible cliffhanger of book one in The Life Duet, the anticipation to figure how how everything would end for Graham Cracker, Lili,Evie, and Roe was nearly torture. And then I started reading The Life You Stole and I truly knew what torture was.

Did you know that your love was my happiness, your strength was my success, but your willingness to let go… well, it’s become my greatest hope. Hope that this isn’t everything.”

You would
Tricia
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Life You Stole is Jewel at her controversial best. I can guarantee that everyone who reads it is going to have a strong opinion one way or the other and I love that. I love the way her books bring us together, make us think, feel, question, push our boundaries. I love her originality and I love her ability to take me out of my comfort zone. I think I have analysed and discussed my feelings about this book more than I have ever done with any other book before.

The Life You Stole will answer
Karen Cimms
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gifted with an ARC for an honest review.

THE LIFE YOU STOLE is a love story like no other.
There are good books. And great books. And if we're lucky, amazing books.
But then there are the books that are even more. Books where the stories wedge themselves like broken shards into your heart and into your head, where they remain long after you turn the final page.
That is exactly the story Jewel E. Ann has crafted with THE LIFE YOU STOLE (as well as the first book in this series, THE LIFE THAT
Traci Parker
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I will start this review with a command - READ THIS DUET. Do not put it on your to read list. Do not say next book. Do not wait. Read it. Devour it. Inhale it. Love it. Love Jewel. Hate it. Hate Jewel. Cry. Swoon. Throw your Kindle. Ignore your family. Second guess everything your brain is telling you in book 1. Absolutely die from your brain melting and your heart hemorrhaging and the complexity overdose that is book 2. READ THIS DUET!

My love and suspicion of characters in book 1 did not
Deedy Hays
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The angst is off the charts with this book.

If you’ve read Jewel before, you’ve come to expect a certain level of angst.

This book is nothing like those....

The tangled webs we weave....The dynamic of the relationships for these characters is enthralling. Lies, Loathing, and Lust vie for the Love of these characters’ hearts. Friendships and Marriages are on the line. Once you practice to deceive.....

This book has set an unprecedented bar not only for Jewel but for other authors as well. I am
Lisa Aiello
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then a story comes along that speaks to you in special ways. There's no way to put that into words. It's just that little something that stirs a spark in you, that feeds your soul and nourishes your brain. This is that story. The Life That Mattered was phenomenal. I don't know what word is better than phenomenal, but The Life You Stole is that word. I am truly not sure that this tale in anyone else's hands would have had the same effect. It makes me want to take all my other 5 star ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Inappropriate
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Neat: A Small Town Romance (Becker Brothers Book 2)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • The Light We See
  • The Younger Man
  • When Ashes Fall
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • That Girl
  • The Paper Swan
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Sloth (Sinful Secrets, #1)
  • Trial by Fae
  • Impact
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor. When she's not saving the planet one tree at a time, you can find her role modeling questionable behavior to her three boys, binge-watching Netflix with her husband, and writing mind-bending romance.

Her upcoming release is The Life That Mattered, a romantic-suspense thriller.

Upcoming Projects: The Life You Stole, book two in

Life (2 books)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life #1)