Start by marking “Not Today (Rainbow Central, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not Today (Rainbow Central, #1)

Not Today

(Rainbow Central #1)

Librarian note: Older edition of B07NCC4HLD.

Casual is the new black.

No strings attached, that's the way Nix likes her life. Determined not to fall for anyone she sleeps with, casual is just her thing. Better than having her heart ripped to pieces again.

Harper is looking for a fresh start and a new city means just that. New friends, new school, and maybe a chance at love?

T
Published July 2019 by Vampari Press (first published March 22nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Not Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Today

Start your review of Not Today (Rainbow Central, #1)
Jude in the Stars
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Harper doesn’t do casual. She’d like to, but feelings seem to always get in the way. At least that’s what she thinks. She’s only ever had one relationship, with a closeted girl, so maybe the problem wasn’t that Harper wanted more but that her ex wasn’t ready (nor willing) to give it to her. Nix, on the other hand, is not looking for a relationship. So why can’t she stay away from Harper?

Not Today is the first book I read by Arizona Tape, and I’m glad I got the chance to discover a new (to me) a
Bethany
Nix is a player, only wanting to be in a casual relationship because she's had her heart broken one too ay times. When new student Harper walks into Nix's regular bar, the sparks fly and the two can't keep their hands off of each other. The only problem - Harper can't handle casual.

There's a lot to unpack in this shorter, college-aged romance. Harper and Nix both have their own fairly serious issues stemming from bad previous relationships, and they both bring that baggage into the mix with each
Ameliah Faith
Platapussies
Nix loves her drinks strong and her sex casual. Living above the Rainbow Central bar, she’s young, bold and likes to play. Harper is a mess. Her ex was such a piece of work that she had to change cities and schools. She heads out to a club one night only to run into Nix, who she knew as Nicole in high school. One thing leads to another and now they know each other a whole lot better!

This is an interesting story. Harper is shy, insecure and a worrier. She is convinced that she gets t
Doreen
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Today by Arizona Tape is an enjoyable lesbian romance.

Nix Walding and Harper Williams meet at Rainbow Central, but they knew each other slightly in high school. These college aged women have both experienced horrible relationships recently and they decide to remain an "unlabeled can." Lemons quickly become lesfic lemonade as their relationship unfolds.

My only quibble with this short and sweet novel is that the book cover doesn't reflect the physical description of the main characters. (Of
Douglas Williamson
She was the girl they dissed in high school. Now she is the one she wants in her bed.

This wonderful F/F romance story of learning to see things differently. The past is in the past and while it can hurt, you can't let it control you.

The story is very well written, with solid and realistic characters that I loved from the first chapter. Of course, there are bumps in the road and problems to overcome, but that is the nature of love. Will our couple make it? You will have to read to find out.

I fou
Susie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary FF romances
Recommended to Susie by: Booksprout

Booked By Random

Cutesy FF Romance

I seriously enjoyed this book and the dynamic between the characters here was wonderful! It takes both Harper and Nix so long to accept their feelings for each other, especially as both have scarring from past relationships. Harper’s anxiety is well written and played out, so recognisable and understandable.

Nix and her best friend have both sworn off relationships for the rest of the
Suzanne Hare
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harper goes to the Rainbow club, she’s in a new city and trying to get over her disastrous last relationship. She says to herself she is not looking for a girlfriend but in her heart she misses the closeness of one. She almost instantly meets Nix, a beautiful woman who calls her by name. It takes a few minutes but then she remembers her from high school, the girl her friends used to tease about being gay. But Nix is over it and they feel a pull, a spark and act on it. What happens after that, we ...more
Amanda
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It's a very real depiction of the struggles and insecurities of navigating new relationships. I could really connect with Harper - her constant second guessing and over thinking while trying to reinvent herself is very relatable. I absolutely loved Nix and was intrigued by her from the start. The side characters were great and i'm hoping we get stories from Delta and Charlie and Caspian.
Tera Comer
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Really great read that is cram packed with drama and fun. This book shows plenty of the struggles that happen in a new relationship. The characters and world building are perfect together and I must say I hope that the side characters will get their own stories in the future.
Μαρία Ν.
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, romance
I really wanted to buy this book after reading the blurb and seeing the pretty yet simple cover.I was expecting myself to fall in love with it by the end,but I simply liked it.It might be the fault of the large time gap between starting it and finishing it,so some details of the story were forgotten or distorted in my head.I will try to review the book based on what I can clearly recall.

The story was interesting.I liked that important real life issues were discussed,such as homophobia and toxic
Carol Hutchinson
Fun and cheeky!!!

Harper meets Nix at Rainbow Central, and they instantly have a connection. Harper is trying to start over again, not be the same person she was before and hopes being in this new location will be the key to her fresh start, but upon meeting Nix she is finding old habits hard to break. Likewise, Nix is also struggling with breaking her set ways of having a fun, free and easy life, but Harper is making her question if perhaps she has a shot at love. With a little drama along the
Tanya
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She will only ever do casual again after having her heart broken into pieces. so she will be shocked when a girl arrives and they start a friendship. although it may just become more if she can even allow that to happen. Will she fall in love again? Will her heart be broken again? Follow them as the explore the possibilities

Stephanie Cullers
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read. The main characters and even the side ones draw you in. I really liked reading about them and the family of Rainbow Central. This book goes into the highs and lows of friendship and romance and does an exceptional job of it.
Doug Elliott
The main characters spend most of the story being so deliberately emotionally detached from much of anything, including each other, that it is difficult to feel much for them when they suddenly decide to connect at the end. The fact that they are intoxicated much of the time does not help.
Laurie
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Probably the only two stars for a book I won’t finish.
One lead bashed herself literally every second, to the point that she sounds 12.
They are referred to by the hair color. “I grabbed the brunette” or “The blonde looked hot”. Not to describe unknown people, that is literally the only way either could let you know who they’re talking to or about. When I reached the fourth name replaced by hair color on one page I finally gave up.
Storyline interesting. Execution stinks.
Jean
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable light read.

Three stars because I felt the story had so many additional things to explore that I felt a bit disappointed it didn't go to those places. Example, the ex girlfriend was a super threat that just disappeared. How was that resolved? And the prolonged angst was a bit much, I found myself just muttering "get on with the story, you are adults!"
At the same time, these characters were lovable and I couldn't NOT finish the story and see what became of them. So that's a big plus for
Chizzy
Jürgen Van Holder
Feb 22, 2020
Apr 02, 2020
Charles
rated it did not like it
Mar 16, 2020

• Next in Line for Love
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • The Third Act
  • Home
  • Bring Holly Home (Remember Me, #1)
  • Western Shores (Compass, #4)
  • Temptation
  • Heart of Ice
  • Blind Faith (Duckton-by-Dale Romance, #2)
  • Then & Now
  • Dating Sarah Cooper
  • In Her Arms
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • The Wrong Place at the Right Time
  • Try Me Again
  • Fitting In
Arizona Tape is quite a chaotic, young adult that shares her house with a cactus plant and has sleep dates with her bed. She makes up stories in her head all the time like a crazy person and occasionally writes them down too. But only if the mood is right.

In her spare time, she enjoys discovering new places with her friends, making all kinds of food as she waltzes through her kitchen like a tornad

Rainbow Central (2 books)
  • New Lease of Love (Rainbow Central, #2)