Start by marking “Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)” as Want to Read:
Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)

Boys of Summer

(Hot Off the Ice #5)

Teammates, roommates, friends with benefits. What could go wrong?

Boys of Summer is a book about finding the perfect person to ride shotgun with on the crazy road trip called life. It contains a Dolly Parton lookalike, an unfortunate deer versus car incident, and poorly-timed epiphanies.

Everybody leaves. That was the first lesson Thunder goalie James McVicker ever l

Published September 28th 2019 by Kelpie Press

To ask other readers questions about Boys of Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys of Summer

Start your review of Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

I am such a fan of this series and the guys in the books. AE W keeps the stories fresh with every book.

Vicky and Paddy have to be my favorite couple of them all. But I think I missed a book before this one so we'll see. I definitely need to go back and read it. Back to Vicky and Paddy. They are the best of friends who have been riding a flirtatious line only one was noticing. But when Vicky points out Paddy's behavior to him, it's like a coming to Jesus moment. They both admit they're a
Alisa

They were sweet together & there was a road trip.
Monika
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it

I really liked this instalment, it had some angst and it stirred my emotions more than the previous ones. I have to say though that I would have liked this story more if there were a few less secondary characters, it got very confusing. Overall, I loved this series and hope it continues.

One very small niggle and probably a stupid one but the book says the legal drinking age in Canada is eighteen but it's only eighteen in three of our Provinces -Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec- in the rest it's nin
Cindi
Dec 22, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, rounded down because I didn't like Liam.

Another one read forever ago when I was still reading this author's books.

Full review to come soon.
Elle Kay
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This novel is intricately layered and richly complex with multiple story-lines weaving seamlessly together. There’s the road trip, the hockey aspects, Vicky’s grandfather, Paddy’s extended family (& they are as marvellous as always) and, centre to it all, the relationship and all the confusion, joy, heartbreak and self-discovery this entails. The entire book is a roller coaster of emotion, with Wasp artfully pulling the reader from angst to tears-streaming-down-your-face laughter; from serious d
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
I really have a soft spot for AE Wasp's books and I can't point my finger on just why. I mean they're usually funny and this one was hysterical with big man-children with the senses of humor of 12 year olds, which is right up my alley. Her books are usually low-medium angst which is good for my nerves because as much as I like high-angst books, they make me nervous as hell.

Patrick and Vicky were unbearably sweet with a lot of sexy times. I love a good road trip and this book did not disappoint.
Anne Donaldson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These characters have become friends! This book shows Vicky and Patrick’s burgeoning relationship – one Patrick didn’t know he wanted and one that terrified Vicky who was only used to people abandoning him. Vicky is so vulnerable, and the love he gets from everyone in the story is more than heartwarming. And Patrick – he’s so gorgeous as he realizes he’s in love with Vicky. And we get to revisit so many of the other characters – Liam, and Joey, and Bryce, and Dakota – and that road trip is one o ...more
Mrs.V
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is pure perfection, just like the rest of the series, but it may be my new favourite!
Vicky and Paddy are so freaking adorable and cute and funny together and so adorably clueless in their "oh, no, we're just friends, I'm not in love with him, it's not like that"...
I loved the road trip they take together and all the shenanigans they get up to!
I am completely and utterly in love with the combined O'Reilly-Luciano clan (coming from a big Italian family it's kinda reading about home).
So,
Becky
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just so good

I love A E Wasp and I love the O'Reilly/Luciano family and watching Patrick and Vicky figure things outwash so great.
This also a great road trip book: a few I've read felt like the author just really wanted to write about specific places and it felt superfluous to the story; this road trip allows you to watch these guys fall in love and witness how it changes from friendship love to love love.
LauraSt
5 STARS

Patrick and Vicky have stolen my heart 🖤 Wasp does it again, and engaging, funny, adorable and sexy story. Jesus was it HOT! The description of the scenes was tantalizing, shiver inducing and simply awesome. The family Luciano’s and O’s were AMAZING! And Patrick and Vicky’s dynamic was explosive but also beautiful and pure and GOD I just loved this!
Not only that but we find out about ALL the other couples in this series, which made it even more perfect!
Leci Forde
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

This was an awesome friends to lovers story! I love romance books featuring hockey players and this was a really good one! Vicky and Patrick were inseparable! They were best friends then best friends with benefits...until they fell in love...no spoilers but it was an excellent summer adventure!
BR11
4 and 1/2 stars
Recommend!
Katherine
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
3.5 stars. With this one, I'd accepted the writing style that came with previous books, it really needed editing and proofreading with the typos. After getting past that, the story here for the last one in the series is more laid back and chill, with fewer stakes than certainly the previous one with Liam and Joey since Patrick and Vicky aren't as prominent stars, so it was nice to follow along with them on their journey to realizing their love for each other. I enjoyed the pairing between Patric ...more
Alexis Woods
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

First, thank you for the character refresher at the beginning of the book. Although as the story went on,there was enough hints to remind me of who was who. That said I loved seeing all the crazy O'Reilly and Luciano families together again. So many laugh out loud moments in this book. This was a wonderful bumbling friends to lovers story. Patrick and James (Vicky) are young twenty somethings, friends who decide to road trip. This is there adventure...one that leads the from BFF
Kirsten Pullen
May 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-sports
Three weddings and some kittens.

This is my second favorite of the series (after Country Boy). We see Dakota and Bryce again as Patrick and Vicky take an awesome road trip to discover that friends with benefits is just a cover for true love.

Vicky resolves some family issues and Paddy figures out he really is an amazing skater. The boys are fantastic friends and loving brothers. The entire Luciano O’Reilly clan celebrates Nanna Brigit and Nonno Lollo’s wedding.

Like most of the series, it’s poor
Marjorie Williams
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING❤️

This series has been so awesome! I wasn’t interested in hockey until I started reading this series. I know way more than I ever thought I would. These families are so great! Patrick and Vickies story is different from most other ones. They don’t worry about coming out. I know that they will eventually but this book was about them falling in love and it is amazing! Can’t wait to read more!
Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp
My absolute favorite of the series

There were so many times I laughed until I cried in this book. The 4 texts Patrick got from friends/family had me breathless with laughter. Just wait till you get to that part, and you’ll see what I mean. Patrick and Vicky were perfect together. I loved their friendship and their romance. I’m so sad the series is over.
Dayla
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I AM SO SAD. I can’t believe I’ve finished another amazing series and I have to say goodbye to these men and their families!!! I wish there were more, but I know it’s time to move onto another series. But I loved this so much. This was my favourite book in the series and it is so bittersweet to say goodbye!

Happy reading!
Angelica Holmes
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5

Decent ending for the series. The Story was over all well written although the pacing wasa little slow. There was a lot of feels and mentle angst in this book but definitely not in a bad way. It was good seeing quite a few of the previous characters for the wrap up as well as more than one HEA.
T.L. Travis
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t love these families more if I tried!

I enjoyed this book immensely. From the hockey, to the descriptions of the greater Seattle area to the tight bond these families have - I couldn’t put this book down.

Loved it!
Melanie
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-iBt

From that review:I am desperately hoping that this is not the end of the series for our boys of summer because I am hopelessly addicted to this cast of characters, this team, and this series.  With  each story and couple, A.E. Wasp has kept this series fresh, lively, and invigorating. Wasp beautifully combines her love and ability to write the fast paced, complex game of hockey wi
jaxnsmom
May 29, 2020 marked it as set-aside-for-now
Way too long. I got tired of these guys. But I love hockey stories (even though there wasn't any hockey), so I may come back to it one day. ...more
Sherry Hassanali
Apr 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Wish the epilogues were farther into the future :(
Denae
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf-meh
If the puck coming at the goalie is going thirty mph they are playing a seriously weak shooter. Current record is 108.8 mph by Chara. Also the pacing was poor and I got bored.
Devoted❤️Reader
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wishes do come true

“I didn’t know angels could curse.” So many funny one-liners in this book. The banter between Paddy and Vicky is amusing, sexy and sweet; even though they are both so stubborn about their feelings for each other. I love how Paddy has a special nickname all of his own for Vicky. The hotel scene, so so hot, but I also couldn’t stop laughing. Same thing with the truck stop and that grandma is cool. I’m not a fan of camping but after this book it just might be my favorite thing.

V
Angie
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Friends to Lovers Hockey MM

3 stars!

Here we finally have Patrick and Vickey's romance! This story is set in the off season so limited hockey.

I felt like the build up was slow. These 2 were in a fairly unchanging friends with benefits situation for around 70% of the book. I felt like that could have been shaved down or more action added to keep us interested.

I really appreciated Patty's innocence. I liked that he was just a good boy. I didn't feel like the awakening was explored enough for my ta
Miriah
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up

This author writes great characters and great stories. I love that the characters aren’t only hockey players, but we see them play hockey, and deal with hockey/related things like contracts. As with previous books, I really think the author could benefit from an editor/better editor, as there are some distracting grammatical mistakes yet again, as well as some minor personality continuity issues with the characters.

Still, the characters were wonderful with just the right amount of
Sarita Chapdelaine
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is another excellent addition to the Hot Off the Ice series and I love everything about this book. I was fully engaged from the very first page and I could not put it down. Boys of Summer is beautifully written, sweet, hilarious, emotional, has a fun road trip, several weddings, one of the cutest couples ever and all of the characters are simply amazing. Patrick and Vicky are perfect for each other but it seems that they are the only ones not aware that their connection is way deeper then j ...more
Alexleo
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love all books of the Hot Off the Ice series and this is surely great addition. Vicky&Paddy are best friends, teammates and on-off roommates. The book follows them on their road trip during off-season, spending time in the great outdoors and at wedding parties. This is also a way to test their friend-with-benefits relationship, a new experience for Patrick who has always considered himself straight. Vicky has some more experience with men, but Paddy quickly proves to be very imaginative under ...more
Mary Mary
* I was gifted a copy of this amazing story in exchange for an honest review *

I love A.E. Wasp's books, her writing style and "Hot off the ice" series is one of my favorite <3
This is a great addition to this amazing series about hockey players in love. It is a real page turner, it's hard to stop reading. All O’Reilly and Luciano family members are pretty awesome, but I can understand that such a big family can be more than just a little bit overwhelming for a poor Vicky. I loved his story, I lov

• Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • Blindside Hit (Toronto Wolverines #1)
  • Shots on Goal (Stick Side #3)
  • School and Rock (Arizona Raptors, #5)
  • Double Shifting (Boston Otters, #1)
  • Sugar and Ice (Arizona Raptors, #4)
  • Benoit (Owatonna U Hockey #3)
  • Changing the Rules (Crashing, #3)
  • Shadow and Light (Arizona Raptors, #3)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey, #3)
  • Scott (Owatonna U Hockey #2)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • Power Play (Denver Direwolves, #1)
  • Roughing (Portland Seabirds, #1)
  • Next Season
  • Assist (Pucks & Rainbows, #2)
See top shelves…
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Hot Off the Ice (5 books)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)

News & Interviews