Start by marking “Have You Seen Me?” as Want to Read:
Have You Seen Me?

Have You Seen Me?

From New York Times bestselling author Kate White comes a gripping novel about one woman’s dangerous quest to recover lost memories someone would rather she never find.

The key to her missing memories could bring relief—or unlock her worst nightmares.

On a cold, rainy morning, finance journalist Ally Linden arrives early to work in her Manhattan office, only to find that
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Harper Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Have You Seen Me?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have You Seen Me?

Start your review of Have You Seen Me?
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
What? Is this it? Are there any more pages that I forgot to read? Seriously ! How did book end like this? It is worse than last 15 minutes of Seven’s “What’s in the box”scene!

Sorry but I think the thrilling book I’ve been looking for cannot reach, read at this moment. Beep…. Yep it might have gotten lost at the tunnel.

The book made an intriguing, exciting start: Ally finds herself at her old work place she quit five
years ago and she thinks that is her first work day after her short break. Then
Kimberly Belle
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate White has done it again. Her latest novel, Have You Seen Me? stars Ally, who shows up at her old job with no memory of why she shouldn’t be there. White starts with a bang and keeps the suspense high throughout, weaving together a labyrinth of buried memories and disturbing revelations that blur the lines between what's true and what’s not. An addictive, up-all-night stunner.
Caitlin Reads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate White delivers another riveting page turner in her new psychological thriller, Have You Seen Me? Ally Linden arrives at work soaking wet and missing her key card. She quickly runs into her old boss and former lover who is surprised to see her since she hasn't worked there in five years. Ally begins to piece back together who she is when she arrives at the hospital remembering she is a financial journalist and married to a man named Hugh. However, she can not remember anything from the past ...more
Alexa
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full of lowkey tension that had me on edge the whole time... until a slightly rushed ending dampened things a bit. BUT still very solid, and a hearty recommendation if, like me, you like suspense novels driven by taught interpersonal conflicts, deep buried secrets, and a heroine who both can't quite trust herself OR anyone she knows. This book plays on the amnesia trope nicely without doing a full wipe--the main character can remember everything except for the past 72 hours. But something BAD ...more
Taylor Knight
I loved this book so much. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.
The pacing is perfect, I never lost interest, even if I had to put the book down for a couple days. I constantly wanted to keep reading and find out what happened next and get to the bottom of the mystery. I had my suspicions of what happened and where the plot was going but I was never 100% sure and in the end, I was completely wrong and didn't see the plot twist coming at all.
The ending was a little bit rushed but it
Dee Kendall
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I was going to give this 5 stars....but, I really disliked the end. It was an awesome book, kept me reading the whole thing in one sitting. Then, I felt seriously let down, like, some of the story just didn't come together. I feel it needs at least a few more chapters to tie up loose ends.
Nicola Short
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kate White....what an incredible author! Her books just grab you from the start and never let you go!
Have You Seen Me takes you on the most intriguing roller coaster ride of suspense and mystery! You are kept guessing right up the end. But, I do have to say, the ending did leave me just a bit perplexed.....
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read and review this book. This is my true and honest review.
Carol
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, getauscht
**I received a copy of "Have You Seen Me?" from Harper Collins through the Goodreads Giveaway drawing in exchange for a review. Much thanks!**

This is the second Kate White book that I've read, and I found this book pretty much the same as the previous one: A fast and easy read, with an interesting situation that drives the plot, intriguing enough to be a page-turner, but not challenging. Basically, I would recommend this book to someone who was looking for a light read. Not a bad book, but not a
Jennifer Shanahan
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-giveaways
Wow this book completely reeled me in at page 1! I have not read a book by Kate White before. I am SO glad I got an ARC of this one. It was non-stop action. Ally is an NYC married business woman who is an expert in personal finances. She has a podcast and is writing a book on the subject. She is very organized and her life is planned down to the minute. At the very beginning of the book, she comes into her office and can't find her key or ID card to get in. Then her old boss comes in and sees ...more
Samantha
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So what do you get when you read a Kate White Novel?

I began reading Kate when she first began the “Bailey Weggins” series and my love for her writing style only continued. She makes you feel as though you’re right there with the character, living out what they’re doing. If they’re walking the streets of East Village, and you’ve never been there (me!) then you know exactly what you’re looking at and how it feels, how it smells, how it sounds.

This story was no different and I thoroughly enjoyed
Jenn
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, arc
Ally arrives at work one cold morning only to discover that she's forgotten her key. After getting an unfamiliar coworker to let her in, she waits for her assistant to come in so she can get into her office. But when her boss gets there first, he's surprised to see her. Because she hasn't worked there in five years.

After passing out at her old workplace and spending a few hours in the Psych ward at the hospital, most of her memory comes back. All but the last two days. Ally sees a therapist and
Bookish
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense
This book grabbed me from the beginning and had me turning pages long after I should have been asleep. Ally finds herself unable to remember two full days of her life. No one seems to know where she was or what she was doing. And where did that blood come from? Soon, Ally is in fear for her life, and I was well and truly riveted. As the story progressed toward its end, I expected nothing less than a spectacular conclusion.

Sadly, the last 10% had me thinking that the author was ready to finish
Robin
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imagine showing up to work in an office you haven't been to for 5 years. Then discovering you've 'missing' for 2 whole days and you have no memories of the time. Otherwise healthy, who can you trust? Ally Linden finds herself in the office of a former coworker (and lover) who is extremely surprised to see her - she has no purse or phone and appears disheveled. Then she passes out.
Waking up in the hospital, pieces of her life come back, but not anything from the past 2 days. She know she needs
Robin
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Rebecca
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book begins with Ally arriving at work one morning, but she has forgotten her key card. When coworkers start to arrive they are surprised to see her because she has not worked there for five years. This begins a journey throughout the book for Ally to fill in the blanks of a fugue state that she was in for two days. While trying to solve the mystery of the missing days she starts to realize that something from her past could have played a part and that what happened in the missing days could ...more
Shawna Briseno
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Ally shows up at work one morning, she doesn’t notice anything amiss. Until, that is, she finds out she hasn’t worked there in a very long time. After passing out in shock, and then waking up in a psychiatric hold at the hospital, she discovers that she’s lost two full days. Two days of not knowing where she was, who she was with, what she did. Everyone tells her to let it go and to give her brain time to recover. Of course she can’t...could you? So she hires a private investigator to help ...more
Vanessa
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kate White is a wonderful story teller. Her most recent thriller, Have You Seen Me, will have you guessing until the end. Ally, a journalist, arrives at her office early one morning to be told that she hasn't worked there in years. She realizes she is having trouble remembering her past and her head is aching. She ends up passing out and spends the rest of her day in the emergency room. Memories instantly flood back, all but the last two days. Her doctor thinks her disassociate state may be ...more
Heather
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Harper and Netgalley for the opportunity to preview this thriller. And Kate White has hit it out of the park again.

Finance blogger Alley Linden goes to work one morning and discovers she doesn’t have her key to the door. When she finally meets up with her old boss, she discovers she hasn’t worked there for five years. After some time in the hospital, her husband takes her home. But she can’t stand not knowing where she was when she was missing for the last 48 hours.

I loved everything
Jamie
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I gave this 4 stars mainly because it’s Kate White and I’ve been a Kate a White fan since Bailey Wiggins in fact that’s one of my favorite series even some of White’s other stand alone are some of my favorites. This book however just didn’t work for me the plot was a little boring and just never climaxed. Ally was a annoying and some of the other key players just felt like they didn’t fit. The back story of the little girl Jaycee I didn’t see where she came into play. For me this was more of a ...more
Janice Lombardo
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ANY book that grips the reader in at the start is for me!

Immediately, I was hooked in when Ally arrived to work and her former boss tells her that she hadn't worked there for 5 years. Ally passes out and then is brought to the hospital in an ambulance. At the hospital, some things come back: her husband, Hugh, where she lives, and her career. However, she has no recollection of how or why she arrived at her former place of work! And more...

A superbly written book by a new author (to me). I
Carol Deegan
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ally loses three days of her life after an argument with her husband. She hires a detective to help her find what triggered her fugue state, and what she did during that time. This a very emotional and well written story with lots of unexpected twists that kept my interest through the entire book. You can’t help but like Ally and cheer her along in her quest for closure. Several times I thought I’d figured out what happened to her, but the ending is totally unexpected! Anyone who likes a good ...more
Melissa DeLong
*Thanks to HarperCollins + NetGalley for the ARC!*

SOLID 4.5 stars from me for this one - if you enjoyed What Alice Forgot or The Wife Between Us, this should be on your to read list for having similar vibes.

The story was really good. Forgotten memories, questionable characters, and several of red herrings (view spoiler)
OutlawPoet
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I mostly enjoyed this one.

While not a fan of present tense storytelling, this was a very readable book. I liked our main character, really liked that she wasn’t an idiot, and was very interested in what had happened to her and why.

Unfortunately, I didn’t love the way our plot and subplots were tied up. While I did figure out the *who* in one subplot, the why was weird and out of left field.

I generally liked the author’s style and would read the author again, I just found myself
Jen LaRowe
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Have You Seen Me? is so good. I have loved Kate White's Bailey Wiggins series, but this is completely new and a stand alone novel. I loved having Ally's point of view throughout so we could see how she was deciphering all the missing events. It also helped to see all of her relationships through her eyes so there weren't a ton of assumptions to be made. I highly recommend Have You Seen Me? to anyone looking for a mystery that is a bit different than other books our there. 5 stars

I received an
Sandra Burns
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!
Sometimes, traumatic things in the past, come back to you in the present.
Ally, found a dead child in the woods, when she was 9 years old.
Eventually, she grew up, got married and has a career. However, the old trauma came up, and she lost several days of her life. Ally, hired a detective to try to find out what she did during that time.
Her husband, however, was not as supportive as he seemed.
Sometimes, the past, does come back.......
Annie
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ally shows up for work one morning, only to realize that she hasn't worked in that office for 5 years and has no memory of anything since. I really don't know how to rate this or how to feel about it because the majority of the book was really good but then the ending was kind of absurd. There was a lot I enjoyed about this, but there were some points I could have done without. I'd still give it 4 stars, but I am somewhat disappointed at the ending and how rushed it felt.
Sally Stieglitz
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, I do enjoy a good suspense novel, and this fit the bill. The narrator is inherently unreliable because she has a few days missing from her memory due to a dissociative state. Everyone in her life seems slightly suspicious as well, which adds to the suspense. A few twisty turns that I saw coming (because I suspect everyone) and a few that I didn't. I would read another book by this author. Recommended to fans of The Girl on the Train.
Kelly Faysash
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Kate White and this book did not disappoint! The novel follows the story of a woman who cannot remember three days of her life. We retrace her steps to put the pieces together while also weaving in a traumatic event from her childhood. This is a quick read that will keep you guessing all the way through. Great job, Ms. White, on another stellar project!
Ruth
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you lost your memory? If yes, read this book. An unusual premise builds into a horrific (to the main character) reveal late in the book, one you won't see coming.

At first, I was dissatisfied with the pace of the story but as you go on you realize the reader is being forced to learn details at the same pace as the main character. Very clever! Don't spoil the reveal by reading ahead because you need those very small details from the other chapters to
Kate Morgan
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved “Have You Seen Me”. This book was akin to an onion, each time I thought I had the plot figured out - Kate White threw me for a loop and made me keep asking, “so what actually happened?!” I adore a novel that keeps you guessing, and this book did just that. The attention to detail while weaving together a complicated story did not go unnoticed.

• Little Secrets
  • The Red Lotus
  • The God Game
  • A Good Neighborhood
  • The Look-Alike
Kate White is the award-winning, New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels of suspense: seven Bailey Weggins mysteries and five psychological thrillers, including The Secrets You Keep. Her next suspense novel, Such a Perfect Wife, will be published on May 7, 2019.

For fourteen years she served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo