Start by marking “Have You Seen Me?” as Want to Read:
Have You Seen Me?

Have You Seen Me?

From New York Times bestselling author Kate White comes a gripping novel about one woman’s dangerous quest to recover lost memories someone would rather she never find.

The key to her missing memories could bring relief—or unlock her worst nightmares.

On a cold, rainy morning, finance journalist Ally Linden arrives early to work in her Manhattan office, only to find tha
Published April 28th 2020 by Harper Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Have You Seen Me?, please sign up.
Leah Brown I think there was one instance of the f-word (in my opinion, in a very acceptable use haha) and I remember that because it caught me off-guard since t…moreI think there was one instance of the f-word (in my opinion, in a very acceptable use haha) and I remember that because it caught me off-guard since there hadn't been other cursing. Other than that, it's clean!(less)
Mackenzie Marrow No, the main character experiences a dissociative episode due to trauma. She has an out of body experience where she cannot remember what happens, but…moreNo, the main character experiences a dissociative episode due to trauma. She has an out of body experience where she cannot remember what happens, but there is nothing to point to that this is because of DID.(less)

Start your review of Have You Seen Me?
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
What? Is this it? Are there any more pages that I forgot to read? Seriously ! How did book end like this? It is worse than last 15 minutes of Seven’s “What’s in the box”scene!

Sorry but I think the thrilling book I’ve been looking for cannot reach, read at this moment. Beep…. Yep it might have gotten lost at the tunnel.

The book made an intriguing, exciting start: Ally finds herself at her old work place she quit five
years ago and she thinks that is her first work day after her short break. Then
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Ally arrives at work, her boss is shocked to see her since she hasn’t worked for the company in over five years. What???

Ally goes to the hospital and sees a psychiatrist, finding out that she’s experiencing a dissociative fugue state, and is wondering what the trigger or triggers might be. Two days of her life are a complete blank. What happened to Ally?

Have You Seen Me was compulsively readable. I didn’t know which way it would go until almost the very last page. The pacing was tense and o
Alissa
May 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Patricia
Ally, a finance journalist goes to work one morning only to find out she has not worked there in five years. Ally has somehow lost 48 hours of her life. While trying to figure out what has transpired, many twists and turns are revealed. I believe most readers will love this novel.
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Have You SeenMe was my first Kate White book and now I am eager for more. What a twisty and crazy story this was. I read this over 2 nights, desperate at find out what was going to happen next and how it would all end. Great psychological/domestic thriller.

Ally is a financial journalist and turns up way she loves early to work one morning... only o be old she hadn’t worked at Greenbacks for 5 years. So why did she go there and why is she looking dishevelled and lost. Next thing she knows she is
Kimberly Belle
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate White has done it again. Her latest novel, Have You Seen Me? stars Ally, who shows up at her old job with no memory of why she shouldn’t be there. White starts with a bang and keeps the suspense high throughout, weaving together a labyrinth of buried memories and disturbing revelations that blur the lines between what's true and what’s not. An addictive, up-all-night stunner.
Julie (JuJu)
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-audiobooks
This was an audiobook, with great narration, AND my first read by this author. I’ll be reading more!
Javier
Sep 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Have you seen me?” is to suspense books what a Lifetime movie is to, well, movies. Will I remember anything about it in a few days? No, but it served its purpose, keeping me entertained for a couple of car trips.

Imagine getting to work one rainy morning just to be told you haven’t worked there for the last five years. Your memories just start coming back but the last two days are still a blank. What happened those two days? Could the dissociative episode Ally suffered be related to her childhoo
OutlawPoet
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I mostly enjoyed this one.

While not a fan of present tense storytelling, this was a very readable book. I liked our main character, really liked that she wasn’t an idiot, and was very interested in what had happened to her and why.

Unfortunately, I didn’t love the way our plot and subplots were tied up. While I did figure out the *who* in one subplot, the why was weird and out of left field.

I generally liked the author’s style and would read the author again, I just found myself disappointe
Sydney
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I think I’m stuck in the land of “thrillers that I enjoyed but had issues with and will forget in a month.” The premise for this drew me in immediately (anything with missing memory terrifies me; what could have happened!?). However, the characters were all awful and boring. Ally (the main character) was so frustrating since she didn’t see what was right in front of her at any point in time! I enjoyed the journey to find out what happened in the time she was missing from her memory, and this sus ...more
Caitlin Reads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate White delivers another riveting page turner in her new psychological thriller, Have You Seen Me? Ally Linden arrives at work soaking wet and missing her key card. She quickly runs into her old boss and former lover who is surprised to see her since she hasn't worked there in five years. Ally begins to piece back together who she is when she arrives at the hospital remembering she is a financial journalist and married to a man named Hugh. However, she can not remember anything from the past ...more
ABookwormWithWine
I have read a few of the Bailey Weggins series and have been loving them, so when I saw Kate White was coming out with this standalone, Have You Seen Me?, I knew I had to read it. I'm happy to report that it did not disappoint!

While some people might find the major twist a little out of left field and abrupt, I was definitely surprised by it and it wasn't at all what I expected to happen which I loved. I really liked the addition of the event from Ally's childhood and how it ended up fitting tog
4.5/ 5 stars

Have You Seen Me is a standalone suspense/mystery/thriller. It is my fourth book by this author.

The narrator is 34 year old finance journalist Ally Linden (1st person POV). The story is set in New York City.

I really enjoyed this book and was hooked right from the start. And the title was excellent and very relevant to the story.

The premise was very interesting. It has to do with lost memories. Something happens to Ally. And she spends the book trying to put the pieces together to fig
SheLovesThePages
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
❓BOOK REVIEW❓

Have You Seen Me? by Kate White
Pub Date: April 28, 2020

-DESCRIPTION-
So we meet Ally, who has just come into the office and realized she forgot her keys....but soon, we find that she has forgotten whole years and the last time she worked at this particular office was 5 years ago. Soon as regains most of her memories, with the exception of a few days leading up to her strange appearance at her old work place.

-THOUGHTS-
I was IN TO IT right from the first page. I was sucked in. I was tr
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Ally went to work, but not to the place she currently works.

Ally ended up at the place she had worked five years ago, and then she fainted and is rushed to the hospital.

Those two things were not the worst part. Ally can't remember anything, her purse is gone, and apparently she had been gone for two days.

After coming home from the hospital, things still didn’t clear up.

Ally couldn’t remember what had triggered her memory loss and wondered if a traumatic event when she was nine may have resurfac
Rana
May 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book tried very hard to be a psychological thriller by naming a bunch of psychological terms over and over again... if I have to hear this girl explain a fugue state one more time ... the author also decided the reader was too dumb to know (or google) what rigor mortis is... girl we’ve ALL watched Dexter! Every time the protagonist found out a new piece of info, she told her husband, brother, best friend and therapist IN THAT ORDER and we had to sit through 4 separate reactions. Then she ge ...more
Audrey
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases
The premise of this book totally hooked me - Ally arrives at work one rainy morning and is a little confused when she can't find her access card to get into the space or the key to her office...and when her colleague Damien (who is also her ex) shows up he's equally confused - Ally hasn't worked there in five years!

After a much needed trip to the ER some of Ally's memories start to come back but she's missing the memories of the last 72 hours of her life and has no idea what triggered the memory
JANELLE || WHATSHESEEES
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Have You Seen Me. It was a terrific read that was so entertaining I couldn’t put it down. It was an extremely fast-paced read for me with really great characters. Sometimes it’s obvious with a character what’s going to happen but with Ally, it wasn’t. She was tough but also knew her weaknesses and me kind of admired her for that. ⠀
⠀This book just kept taking the WRONG turn. Every time I thought something was going to happen it confused me and didn’t happen and then when it hap
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the first few chapters really gripping me, I found that the remainder of the narrative continued to “simmer” and never really build in tension. This was completely unexpected, especially as the premise of the novel suggested a story that was gripping and leaving me wanting more. Alas, I did not get this reaction to the story and gradually lost interest as the narrative progressed.

White explores an interesting subject of dissociation. The protagonist, Ally, has literally switched her brai
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Aug 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: august-2020
First book for the summerween readathon and what a let down! I hated the ending and absolutely found it hilarious that our heroine had unknown sleuthing powers until something traumatic happens to her. The ending was confusing and boring too.
Wendy Walker
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The set-up here is fantastic - a woman shows up at work only to find that she hasn't worked there for years. In fact, she's lost the entire last two days of her life to a dissociative fugue state. As she retraces her steps to figure out where she's been and what caused this break-down, the suspects and clues start coming and they don't stop until the final, awesome twist! ...more
Laura • lauralovestoread
I feel like I’ve read this storyline a few times before.. maybe it’s me. More thoughts to come

*thank you publisher for the gifted copy for review.
Liz
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020-release
Wait?! Is that IT?! I cannot believe I just read that. An entire book dedicated to unraveling the mystery of Ally’s whereabouts for 2 days? I mean....yeah, there could be something there....but the ending just did NOT deliver like I was hoping it would. BUT, I have to give it to the author....I was totally wrapped up in finding out what happened to Ally during those two days. I could not put this down until I found out. The only problem was, when I found out.....Major Bummer-ville.
Oh, one more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is my first book by Kate White and it won't be my last. This was a psychological thriller that drew me in right from the first page. Ally Linden arrives at work missing her key card. She is let into the building by someone she does not recognize and when she runs into her old boss and former lover she finds out that she hasn't worked there in five years. She goes to the hospital to get checked out as she appears to be in a fugue state. Ally begins to piece back together who she is, what she ...more
Alexa
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full of lowkey tension that had me on edge the whole time... until a slightly rushed ending dampened things a bit. BUT still very solid, and a hearty recommendation if, like me, you like suspense novels driven by taught interpersonal conflicts, deep buried secrets, and a heroine who both can't quite trust herself OR anyone she knows. This book plays on the amnesia trope nicely without doing a full wipe--the main character can remember everything except for the past 72 hours. But something BAD mu ...more
Louise Wilson
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars rounded down to 3

Ally Linden arrives at the office absolutely soaking wet due to the rain. All she wants is to get into her office and dry off. But she has forgotten the key card that allows her access. When the boss arrives, she is shocked to find out that she hasn't worked there for five years. It seems she is suffering from a dissociative episode. Ally slowly begins to remember things about herself but there is still just over a day that remains lost to her.

I was pulled in from the
Zoe Weatherholtz
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Am I missing something?
This book had such a good start. It had a lot of potential but, wow, it fell so flat at the end that I feel like I am missing a chapter somewhere.
Poor Ally is so lost and confused because she has completely lost her memory for the past few days in her life. She wants so desperately to get it back, which I would be too! There is a lot of information missing, so when some comes back its welcoming. BUT it is the wrong information that comes back to her. The information is t
Lisa
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Glamorous, shifting, and oh so smart, this is a classic Kate White thriller.
Katelyn
May 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Took a while to finish. This is one of those very boring & predictable thrillers. I don’t understand the point of it! It was entertaining at times.
Up All Night Book Addict
I really enjoyed this author's last couple of books. Unfortunately, this one fell somewhere in the middle. I mostly fell flat for me.

My blase feelings with this one are hard to express without giving away spoilers, but I will try my best.

This book wasn't as suspenseful as her other books. I was able to piece many things together pretty easily before they were revealed. The plot and subplots were a little exaggerated and left me feeling disinterested. The twists didn't surprise me.

The ending fel
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 12 Jun 04, 2020 12:30AM

• The Grace Kelly Dress
  • Drowning With Others
  • If You Tell
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Red Letter Days
  • Together We Caught Fire
  • Identity Theft: A Kenny Elliot Mystery
  • Oddjobs (Oddjobs #1)
  • What Rose Forgot
  • The Gray Chamber (True Colors)
  • Who Was Joseph Pulitzer?
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • It's In His Christmas Wish  (Red River Valley, #7)
  • It Was Always You
  • The Pursuit of William Abbey
  • My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • Wet Work (Duncan Hunter Thriller Book 5)
  • The Accomplice
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of fifteen novels of suspense: seven standalone psychological thrillers, including Have You Seen Me? (an Amazon Editors’ mystery and thriller pick for 2020), as well as eight Bailey Weggins mysteries.

Her next suspense novel, The Fiancée, will be published on June 29, 2021.

For fourteen years Kate served as the editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magaz