Start by marking “Scorch (Virtues & Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scorch (Virtues & Lies, #2)

Scorch

(Virtues & Lies #2)

We had it all.

Money. Power. Love.

A future carved in stone. Until it all fell apart.

Burning in front of our eyes.

Drop by crimson drop we were shattered. All it took was

One second. One mistake. One life.

Our vows were broken. Our marriage was fractured.

Our love was scorched.

The only way to earn forgiveness is to sell myself to the Devil.

But how can I do that when I'm already

To ask other readers questions about Scorch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorch

Start your review of Scorch (Virtues & Lies, #2)
Malene
Geez Louise!! Phew... Christopher Sinclair delivered the good stuff. After finishing book 1 Burn I had a feeling that he was a determined alpha but what surprised me the most was how big his heart and his love for his wife Arabella was. I recommend reading book 1 Burn just to get to know not only Christopher and Arabella but also to get immersed in this universe.

With how Burn ended, which was emotional and tough, I couldn’t wait to find out the why’s, get answers and hopefully a happy ending.
Sco
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: proofread
This was my first read by A Silva, and it certainly won't be my last. I loved these characters, the setting, the suspense, and good lord the steamy scenes!!! This author knows how to write not only the perfect chemistry and passion between two characters, but the STEAM is OFF THE CHARTS!!!

I was glued to this story from start until end. The plot twists, amazing and different characters, and twists and turns are addictive and alluring. Well done A Silva! I look forward to the next!
Cindy M. Green
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again Alexandra has taken us on a journey full of questions, surprises, suspense and heartfelt passion ❤️

I absolutely adore how fiercely in love Bella and Christopher were. He was a tough, alpha male in the most delicious way, but completely wore his heart on his sleeve where Bella was concerned. I loved the respect and passion he had for his wife. Bella felt the same about her husband and their connection bounced off the pages. Her fierce attitude was admirable, that girl did not back down
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alexandra Silva has written a timeless story of intense love set in a world of violence, conspiracies and power play. Christopher and Arabella will set your device on fire with their steaming hot passion and heartbreaking love!

Love stories are not about smile and happiness always. The best stories have pain and suffering. And the same is true for Arabella and Christopher's love story. In the first story there were unsolved questions and tragic ending. The pain is so intense that they could not h
Kari Hansen
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christopher and Arabella thought that their love and marriage was strong enough to survive anything but when tragedy strikes they realize that anything can be broken. Christopher is determined to win back his wife and recapture the love and life that they shared but with so many truths yet to be revealed it will not be an easy feat.

There was no questioning the love that Arabella had for her husband, but she believed she knew the best way to protect him and that was for them to be apart.

What a jo
Sissy's Romance Book Review
SCORCH by Alexandra Silva is book Two in the Virtues & Lies Series. This is the story of Christopher and Arabella 'Bella'. I do feel you will love and understand this book better if you read the previous book "Burn" first. Christopher and Arabella are married but choices and mistakes were made that has them apart. Christopher is out to get back what he lost with Arabella. Of course Arabella's heart is with him but choices were made out of protection but still caused hurt.
This series has just be
Dany Matthews
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the way Burn ended, I was super anxious to get my hands on Scorch. I needed to know what was going to happen with Anabelle and Christopher so bad, and then when I finally got my hands on it I was kind of scared to even read it. But I couldn't stay chicken for long, I needed answers.
Even though she scares me, Miss Silva gave me my answers for Belles and Christopher. It hurt, as predicted, but I got a little closure.
She also gave me new questions. I'm excited to know more about this cre
Azalia
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scorch is book 2 in the Virtues & Lies series. The mystery and intense drama from book 1 continues in Scorch. The story focuses on how it effected Christopher and Arabella who we first met in book one, Burn. Their story continues with drama from the very start. It’s drama that tugs at the heart. I cried for this couple. I was mad at this couple but, I also rooted for this couple. The dynamics of Christopher and Arabella is capturing. I loved how Alexandra detailed everyone one of their emotions. ...more
Alexandra
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Christophers and Arabellas story and it's absolutely beautiful. After reading Burn I would've loved Scorch to be a second book about Cassie and Leo, but this is even better😍.

The storyline (with all the twists and turns) continues in book two but you have to deal with another alpha male and his loyal and strong beauty. And they are amazing. The first few pages had me already in tears. Their love for each other so palpable, so pure, so deep. Oh my God, what a couple!!!! But Alexandras coup
Kat Mary
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so much love for Alexandra Silva's writing. She is one of my favorite authors ever. Christopher and Arabella's story is gripping, devastating at times and very sexy. I love that they are married! It made me connect to them and their story even deeper. Highly recommend! ...more
Julie Workman-Bookaholic Sisters Blog
Wow what a book.

I'm pretty new to alex and my god I wish I had found her sooner!!

This book had me pinned from the first page, it's amazing.

I dont want to give anything away but if you dont do anything else go read this
Naurarwen
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought Burn was an excellent read, that was until I started reading Scorch. This time the story follows Christopher and Arabella, he wants revenge after what happened to his unborn child but after Arabella walks out on him his world is falling apart. He wants his revenge, but he also wants his wife back and Arabella is playing a dangerous game.

Scorch was a great read from start to finish, though I did feel it slowed down a little around the middle that didn't take any of the enjoyment out of
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scorch is the second book in the Virtues & Lies series, and even though it's about a different couple, Christopher & Arabella were introduced in Burn as the secondary characters, so I still recommend that you go ahead and read Burn first since you'll get some backstory. Now, they're front & center, and their story is one hell of a emotionally charged journey, of the amazing variety. They're a married couple who had believed that together they can overcome anything, until that anything came along ...more
thehotmesslibrary
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scorch is the second book in the Virtues a& Lies series by Alexandra Silva and boy is this one a hot one. It’s all about the alpha Christopher Sinclair who we meet in the first book and man is he an alpha. Christopher and Arabella are perfect together but can they overcome tragedy…that is the main question in this book. This is all about coming back from a setback and the love is already there, just both characters have to be willing to fight for it and each other.

Christopher and Arabella are gr
Athena D.
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I was anticipating this book's release. After reading the epilogue for Burn, I was so intrigued by Christopher and Arabella's story. Their story is filled with so much suspense and quite a few steamy scenes found throughout. You could totally feel for what Christopher and Arabella had to overcome and their journey, it'll give you the feels.

I can't wait for the next instalment. This book was an amazingly EPIC read! SCORCH by Alexandra Silva will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARIS
Zilpha Owens
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2019
3.75 Scorching Stars

A joyous moment snatched within pages. Heartbreak and intrigue quickly followed. Christopher Sinclair and Arabella Gladstone had it all until they didn’t. And I wanted to know is why. Alexandra Silva’s Scorch, book 2 in the Lies & Virtues series is their story. Even though each book focuses on a separate couple, they are best read in order. Burn (Cassie & Leo’s story and book 1 in the series) sets the stage and cast of players.

Christopher is intense. I don’t know how else to
Kelly Kemmerly
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alexandra Silva is a gifted writer who develops characters that make you want to walk through fire. After the end of Burn (Virtues & Lies #1) I was torn knowing that Arabella and Christopher's story was going to break my heart. Scorch did just that! Everything that a couple fears came to light for Bella and Christopher whose love had to endure through the unthinkable tragedy.
I recommend reading the books in order and be prepared to be engulfed in the flames of lies and virtues.
Kristy Odom
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! I really enjoyed this book! I loved how Christopher loved Arabella. I was tearing up at the prologue, and full out crying in the first chapter. They walked thru such a painful thing. Both wanted revenge. This book had a lot of characters, and some that even though were on the same side seemed shady to say the least. I loved Bella’s fight she didn’t give up! The sex scenes were hot, but after they were able to laugh at themselves. It just seemed so real. Their chemistry was thru the roof. I ...more
Alicia
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! Stunning! Just a couple of adjectives to describe this exciting, intense and deeply emotional read. Arabella and Christopher have been through fire and their journey through the consequences of events at the end of Burn, reverberate throughout this book. It is exciting with a rapidly moving plot and takes us further down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and threat.
I cannot recommend this book enough! 💖💖💖💖💖
Michelle Claypot_Reads
This is a fantastic romantic suspense read. Packed with plot twists and lies. Heartache and love. These characters definitely don’t have an easy path to their HEA & you’re not sure from one chapter to the next what’s coming. I loved Christopher & how he fought for Arabella.

I can’t wait for Casper’s book!

I received an arc of this book.
it.sgottabethebooks
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christopher and Arabella’s story is my top favorite Alexandra Silva novel! This was utter perfection! It is heartbreakingly beautiful with plenty of suspense and action to keep you engrossed till the very end. The author never ceases to amaze me as she has the ability to write beautiful contemporary romance to this dark, romantic suspense. She has set up the next book in the series perfectly. I recommend you start book 1 in the series today!
Robyn Corcoran
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been so eager to read this second book, especially after the epic ending in book one-Burn. Once again this author doesn’t disappoint her readers, she has gifted us with a sensational love story and a thrilling suspense that has you on the edge of your seat.

I will admit I was a tad worried going in because Christopher and Arabella’s marriage seemed doomed. I also didn’t warm up to Christopher as much in book one but hold the bus, ah, I have done a complete one eighty and he is a fantastic
Sophie Ruthven
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omfg.
Yet again the author has slayed it with a book that you won't be able to put down from start t0 finish.
So much happens in this book that I can't say much more without ruining anything, so do yourselves a favour and one click today!!!
Can't even talk about how much I loved this couple and why without giving part of the story away.
I was turning pages like a mad woman then came upon the epilogue that leads into the next book...
All I can say is buckle up, you're in for one hell of a ride.
Would g
Lisa Staples
If you've taken the time to read BURN, the first book in the Virtues and Lies series, then you'll know Alexandra Silva writes one hell of a steamy romance that will melt your kindle or torch your paperback.

What you really need to know though is, that if BURN was the audience warmer, SCORCH is the incendiary device that will incinerate everything in it's path!
With a superbly detailed storyline that will leave you gripping the edge of your seat, it's intensity and descriptive imagery will leave y
Amanda
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Queen can win the game, even if she requires the hand of the King. They lead the victory together"

SCORCH

let's start with the cover. A strong handsome man stripped bare. With a crown in his head, and blood on his hands. BOOM! NAILED IT!!

Christopher- What do you do when your soul, your connection with the universe is ripped away from you? " I'd tear down heaven and raise hell just to make her smile. This woman, she's not just my existence- she's my soul"

Christopher's anguish is tangible, you b
Sue
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scorching flipping hot! Painfully flipping difficult! Supremely flipping suspenseful! This book is all that and more. The world that Alexandra Silva started building with Burn, the first book in the Virtues and Lies series begins to take not only colorful shape but also begins to throw us into such a dark political world where no one can be trusted, everyone is dispensable, and all can be used to further an agenda that we still have no real clue about. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and b ...more
Lauren
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the Virtues and Lies series and I have to say that Alexandra Silva is an author for me that keeps going from strength to strength. This book is fast paced thrilling and full of suspense and I couldn't get enough. Christopher brings a whole new meaning to alpha male! He and Arabella were super hot!
I never know where the story's going to go and I love it.
I can't wait to read more from this series!!
Pamela
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book starts right where Burn book one left off. Christopher and Arabella (Bella) have the kind of love you wish you had for yourself. An event causes them anguish and heartache. They both make not so good choices with Bella's being the craziest. Christopher would not give up on the marriage or Bella. I loved how alpha male he was but also with a soft spot for his wife Bella. These two were smoking hot, Scorch is the perfect title for this book. ...more
Ri
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo

I love watching a series expand and grow. The characters all have a role and watching them together, and separately, gets me even more excited about the story. My heart hurt for the characters. Highly recommended
Tabatha Brown
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scorch is everything I’ve come to expect from Alexandra Silva and she delivers with a story full of suspense, intrigue, hot as hell chemistry and a love story for the ages. Christopher is the epitome of an alpha, yet taking it up a notch to be so much more. His love for Arabella is never ending and all encompassing. He will move mountains to save his marriage and goes to the extreme to prove it. Arabella is his equal in every way but it took me awhile to like her. Her determination to do anythin ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)
  • Zero Apologies (Lost Kings MC, #14)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Power Games (Power Play, #1)
  • Love 2 Jingle U
  • Handle With Care (Shacking Up, #5)
  • A Predator and A Psychopath
  • Loving The Game (Thirty-Something in the City: The Lunchtime Sorority, #1)
  • Dreaming with a Broken Heart (Hollywood Legends #1)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • Hollow Hearts: A Sons of Templar Novella
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Problem with Peace (Greenstone Security #3)
  • Second Sight (Away From Keyboard, #4)
  • By Lethal Force (Away From Keyboard #5)
  • Wreaking Havoc
  • Fighting For Valor (Away From Keyboard #6)
Alexandra Silva is a tequila loving book hoarder. She lives in London with her boys and man, as well as their three cats.

She writes Contemporary Romance and Romantic Suspense. Her stories are raw, heartfelt and sexy. With flawed, dirty talking and sexy as hell heroes, and feisty heroines that give them a run for their money.

Salted Caramel Coconut lattes are a real weakness along with dark, taboo r

Virtues & Lies (3 books)
  • Burn (Virtues & Lies, #1)
  • Blaze (Virtues & Lies, #3)