Start by marking “Tempting Heat (Tempt Me #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Heat (Tempt Me #1)

Tempting Heat

(Tempt Me #1)

“Will you sleep with me?”
At her words, the blanket slipped from his fingers.
“Oh my God, not that." Her cheeks burned. "I just mean the same bed. For warmth."

Tom Castle spent years in love with his best friend’s girl. Not that uncommon, really; they even write songs about it. Then she blamed him for her ugly breakup, and they parted as enemies.

Suuuper awkward years later,
Published November 12th 2019 by LoveSpark Press

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Heat

Start your review of Tempting Heat (Tempt Me #1)
Mya
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet romance novel. It was predictable, but enjoyable at the same time. Although I enjoyed this book, I have to say that I was still waiting for that next level of excitement.
Shannon
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Rom-Com!
Finn and Tom had been friends in high school until distrust and betrayal turned them against each other. Now, years later, the two meet again during a snow blizzard, their hearts as cold as the ice on the street. When old feelings heat up, the terrible rift in their friendship is driven to the surface and it's time to come clean.

Funny, touching, and just the right amount of snark to lose yourself for a weekend. And for those who like a little groveling, it has that too!

This friends
Coco.V
Mar 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/17/2020)! 🎁
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick and easy read. The storyline is well-crafted, intriguing, suspenseful, has drama and steam. The characters are defined, and likable with sizzling chemistry. I liked it.

Blair Leigh
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I kind of really really loved this novella. It made my heart squeeze and my cheeks flush. It was sexy and comforting and lovely. I absolutely adore a second chance romance, and even more so a friends to lovers. Wrap yourself in a cozy blanket, cuddle up, and devour this story. Finn and Tom are 100% guaranteed to make. you. swoon.

Ugh, my heart.
Michaela
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short, snowy story of second chances. It was a good setting and plot with enjoyable characters. There was steam.

Iamnoveladdict
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tempting Heat is a standalone Novella filled with a sweet story. I can't stop smiling when I read this book. It was short, simple, and sweet.
I really liked Tom. He is such a sweetheart ❤️.
Tom and Finn were high school best friends, Tom being Finn's boyfriend's Bff and all. Something happens in the past due to which they are no longer in touch. But when Tom appears in her apartment during a Blizzard, it spikes up the heat in the cold season.

“Will you sleep with me?”At her words, the blanket sl
Katie Salt
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-read
'Scale of one to ten, Huck'

This book is the first I've read by Sara Whitney and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is in a third person narrative and follows the story of Finn and Tom. As stories go, this wasn't the most original I've read but it was sweet and I am a sucker for a cute romance.

Tempting Heat is a second chance romance. Finn and Tom have history together and haven't been friends since what happened in high school. After finding themselves snowed in together for the w
Amanda Davey
Jul 10, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice little romance

The writing flowed and had very few errors.
The plot was a enemies to friends which was ok. However, the reason for them being enemies originally was a tad weak as the leaked message wasn't really bad. The characters are ok but felt they could have been developed a bit more. I didn't really feel that the heroine was as well developed as she could have been and she was a wimp. I got quite frustrated towards the end as I felt all the misunderstandings/quarrels were disappointin
Vedika Sheth
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Steam: 🔥🔥🔥
Romance: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Writing: ✏️✏️✏️✏️✏️

The story follows Tom and Finn. They knew each other in high school until a crazy misunderstanding drove them apart. Now they meet again, in the snowstorm of Chicago. Tom stayed the night at Finn’s place after dropping her roomie off. When Finn sees who the man is, she is disgusted and rattled. After a while though, they realize that their chemistry is undeniable.

This is a great story with emotion. I was captivated from the first
Kristen Lewendon
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Give me a good second chance story and I’m happier than a cat in catnip. From high school best friends and secret crushes to all-out enemies and finally to lovers, this story brings together some of my favorite themes. Reading this ‘snowed in’ book as the white stuff continues to fall outside my window was wildly appropriate. I loved this pair. Finn and Tom made me laugh out loud so many times in the course of their story. There were also several times that I railed against fate on their behalf. ...more
Marsha
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little diddy. It is a second chance (of sorts) romance. She was his best friends girl back in high school. They had a falling out and now it's eight years later and they are forced into each others space. Little does the other know, but there was mutual attraction all those years ago... and it's all still there now. The characters feel real. There's a little angst and a few laughs. There is some sexual content, but it's toned down and not explicit. This is a novella, so it's a qui ...more
Becky
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chicago Blizzard forces Finn to stay home with plans to relax and watch some TV. But when her former best friend, Tom walks out of her room mates bedroom all the old feelings surface. She hasn't talked to him in years since he betrayed her when she broke up with her boyfriend who happened to be Tom's best friend. But being trapped in a snowstorm leaves plenty of time to talk things out, get to the truth of things and have all the old feelings comes back. Quick funny read about second chances and ...more
Coastie  Mom
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emmi
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read the second and third books in this series before I read this one, but I enjoyed going back and meeting Finn and Tom. I normally really dislike second chance romances, but this worked for me. There wasn't a ton of dwelling on past events or, worse, flashbacks. I don't like flashbacks. I think the novella length was perfect for this story; anything longer would have dragged things out too much, but the pacing was spot on. I really like Sara Whitney's humor and her writing style. Another win ...more
Margery Baker
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful
Finn and Tom knew each other in high school when he had a secret crush on her; however, he never had the nerve to let her know. When they are trapped together several years later due to a blizzard it gives them a chance to discover and reveal their true feelings to each other. For such a short read Ms. Whitney did an excellent job of painting her characters that at times I felt like I was right there with them. Great characters in this very well written story.
I voluntarily reviewed an
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tom and Finn have unfinished business they need to iron out. He hurt her years ago and a snow storm has pushed them together. When the power goes out feelings that were dormant come to surface. Will Tom get redemption and a chance for a second chance with Finn? This story will have you all aboard cheering these two to a happily ever after. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Susan
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

I admit it, I started by reading the series out of order. I fell in love with the grumpy baker in book two, then came back to read book one. Honestly, I was expecting to be let down, because lightning can’t strike twice, right? I am so glad to be wrong. And so glad I already bought book number three so I can continue my reading binge uninterrupted. Thank you, I didn’t know I needed a love story this weekend, much less to get lost in a whole series of them.
Vinessa
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A second chance to make it happen
Two people stuck together because of the storm outside.
But being in the same placr creates a storm inside the apartment and their hearts.
A few confessions
A way to keep warm
A compromise

Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I loved that this is a quick read and gives you a taste of the other stories to come as well. Tom and Finn come together again during a blizzard and sparks fly. Even though they haven't been friends for a long time you can still feel their longing but also their hurt. Being in close quarters thaws them out just right. It's sweet and sexy and I can't wait to read the others. ...more
Karen J Baker
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Misunderstandings can lead to lifelong heartache!

Finn had blamed Tom for something that he didn't have anything to do with when they were seniors. Now ten years later, a blizzard and a good deed bring them together again. Stuck together in her apartment, they finally talk among other things. Will it all blow up again or will they find their HEA.
Ashleigh
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is beautiful story focused on love and a second chance.

It is the type of story that clutches you at once and does not release you until you get to the end.

I received a copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Jessica
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun and clever use of some of my favorite tropes (Stuck with your Enemy, friends-to-enemies-to-lovers, THERES ONLY ONE BED!!) while still being its own thing. A great read, I highly recommend the series.
Nate
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Tom & Fin's book. Good characters with great chemistry. It was a fun, entertaining read. And a new author for me. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving my honest opinion ...more
Cherie Melbourne
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tempting Heat

A short and sweet read. It was very hard not to like Tom, he's special. Finn wasn't my favourite character, she lacked intestinal fortitude when it came to the crunch. She's lucky her brother talked some sense into her. Yes, the story sucked me in.
Will Decker
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a character driven romance that leads you to the edge but doesn't quite fall into the erotic category, this is the story for you. Fast moving plot with lots of sexual suspense combined with clean editing and you have an enjoyable read. Only wish it had been longer. ...more
Tayra Sanders
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is totally worth the read. Every page will have you enthralled and panting for more. Let’s not forget to mention the chemistry of these two. You can really feel the passion.
Angel Graham
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
No real heat. Just, bland.
MamaBee
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice novella, sweet with the right amount of tension.
Gin
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable second-chance story.
I received a free copy and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Goodreads Librari...: Delete temporary cover, please? 3 228 Oct 04, 2019 10:47PM

• Boss's Baby: A Fake Fiance Romance
  • Chasing Mr. Wrong
  • He Comes Home (Shepherd's Creek Book #1)
  • Instant Heat
  • Just A Kiss (Angel Sands #4)
  • The SEAL's Christmas Baby
  • The Heart Of Winter
  • Selfish for Love
  • Doctor Knight
  • Stuck with You (Rescue Me #3)
  • Cowboys Never Kiss Under the Mistletoe: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Kinda Hate You
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Surprise Protector (Hamptons Filthy Rich #1)
  • Mister Baby Daddy (Bad Boys in Love #3)
  • The Billionaire’s Ward (McClellan Billionaires, #3)
  • Shimmering Emeralds (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems, #3)
  • Finding Quinn (The Coopers Book 2)
Sara Whitney writes sassy, sexy contemporary romance novels packed with wit, heat, and heart. A 2019 Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® award finalist, Sara worked as a newspaper reporter and film critic before she earned her Ph.D. and landed in academia. She’s a great baker, a so-so karaoke singer, and an expert TV opinion-haver.

Sara and her divorce-attorney husband are lifelong Midwestern

Tempt Me (4 books)
  • Tempting Taste (Tempt Me #2)
  • Tempting Talk (Tempt Me #3)
  • Tempting Lies (Tempt Me #4)

News & Interviews