Start by marking “Wolf (State Changers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf (State Changers, #1)

Wolf

(State Changers #1)

Wolf is the story about a girl. Alone in the world, Casidhe Keneally is frightened to unravel her family’s secret, a secret her own body has been reporting in disturbing ways. She must travel far from the only home she has ever known, to uncover the clues her dead parents left her.

Tracked to a sleepy pub in Butte Montana, Casidhe locates the strange people who can reveal t
Published October 1st 2019 by Sunbury Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf

Start your review of Wolf (State Changers, #1)
Karin A
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
At the beginning of this book, I was a little bored by the matter of fact way of (almost) reporting instead of storytelling. That changed when mc Casidhe got in to contact with her new world. Where the beginning dragged on a little too long, further on in the book some events seemed to happen in fast forward when they could have written with a little more depth.

The events with Casidhe and her aunt Colleen could have been more heartbreaking if I, as a reader, had some more insight into their rel
Gabriella
I received a free copy of this book from BookSirens in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, this was a nice surprise! I’m already sucked into this world.

I really liked Casidhe as a character. She’s a shy person who hasn’t had many relationships with other people, and she has to reconcile this fact with her newfound status as a member of the Keneally pack. I like how her personality doesn’t change the second she’s welcomed into the pack — she is who she is! A lot of information is thrown at her o
Susie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Susie by: NetGalley

Booked By Random

Needs time to grow on you

*I received a free ARC via NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

In the beginning, I was bored. The constant one-sided POV, with no intermittent dialogue, just dragged. What made it worse was that there were tense inconsistencies: moments of internal monologue in italics written in past tense, or a mixture of the two; moments when the tenses were confused amongst the rest of the story. As the story is all told from Cassidhe’s POV, you ha
MiskaCZ
An ARC copy was given to me from BookSirens for a honest review.

This book was really a suprise for me. This book is part lesbian fiction and comig of age story, but I was caught from the first chapter. Casidhe discovered that she is a state changer and try to find her friends in the world after the death of her aunt.

She find her pack and her partner Dana, but she discover there is a danger about knowig the truth.
Salem Reid
Nov 09, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to state that the premise of this novel sounded exceptional. A high school girl who, through the aunt she has lived with since her parents passed, finds out she's part fae-wolf? Not to mention, the LGBT+ representation I would assume would be great for a lot of LGBT+ readers. However, I had many personal and critical issues with this novel.

I do want to say I DNF'd this novel at 31%.

The pace of the novel in the beginning is slow as for the first four chapters we see the main charact
Karen
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy paranormal fantasy, especially shapeshifters, so I was happy to find this book. It’s a little rough in places, and the beginning is slow. Cassidhe starts out as a self-described loner who lives with her aunt and seems to have only one sort-of friend. She does have some inexplicable things happen. After the aunt dies, she learns about her family from her aunt’s writings to her.

This is entirely from Cassidhe’s perspective so there is some moping (understandably) and questioning for the fi
Kristian Walls
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s not very often that a book delivers exactly what I want, so I am so pleased that Wolf did just that. The lore of this story and the Irish roots were very interesting. The characters were perfect, Casidhe is exactly what I want in a protagonist and her Chemistry with Dana was amazing. Blaire was also an extremely fun character to read. I loved just about everything about this book including the style of writing in which Fenwick had only three scenes where time is skipped or montaged. The res ...more
Amanda
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance reader copy of Wolf in exchange for an honest review. I'm hoping this book goes through another rigorous edit before being released in order to take care of some consistency issues (the protagonist repeatedly saying she's vegetarian but repeatedly eating bacon and sausage as well as several of the characters using nearly identical language that makes it difficult to distinguish their voices). I like the concept of a queer werewolf story, and the author puts her own spin on ...more
Sandy
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I am not usually a paranormal YA reader but the LGBT content tipped me into reading it. I was pleasantly surprised. The story is a coming of age urban fantasy with likable characters. We only get deeply into the main character in this first of the series, but you know there are back stories to be told as the story hopefully continues. The young woman, a loner finds herself truly alone when her aunt dies leaving her a mystery that she travels to unrave ...more
Angela
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, book-sirens
I'm going to go with the majority on this book, and say: It takes time to grow on you. I mean, if you can get through the one dimensional boring first part of the book you'll come to part that slowly starts to get just slightly better as more characters come into play. Also,this book needs a good editor to point out the extreme lack of character development and depth when it comes to just mc Casidhe; I felt like I was reading a news report instead of just enjoying some good old' fashion storytel ...more
DR
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Fae and Wolves and Humans oh my! As with Casidhe, I had a difficult time wrapping my brain around who she was and her family history. I definitely had to suspend my belief about fairies, wolves, and the Old Ways of the Irish. However, since I do the same for Sci-Fi I will continue.
This was a well written story of a young girl coming of age into her family history. I learned just enough to understand, from her point of view, her heartbreak at her aunt's death, being an outsider in her commun
J.R.
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A shy orphaned girl grows up stronger!

A interesting tale of shape-changers who take in an long lost missing person. Together with their fellow pack members a young woman finds that she has powers that need to be controlled before injuring someone. In the meantime she finds her mate who is the daughter of the Alpha and his Alpha-she. Enjoy! Book two should been as good as the first one.
Vicky
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this book

If I could dream up my favorite book it would have all the elements of this one. I can’t express how much I loved the whole thing. A bit of magic, a loner, someone who you dream of and a community that inspires you. How potent a combination! Please read if you want to imagine a wonderful world that can take you with it.
Mayra Luria
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read! It caught my attention from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. The characters are wonderful and the story line is dynamic!
Trippentigger
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well worth settling in for a read. Took a bit to hook me but by the end I was thoroughly involved in the story. Hoping the next book is coming out sooner rather than later in 2020.
Heather Bennett
Dec 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Wolf has a strange writing style but a interesting storyline. The characters are interesting and I would read more by this author.
Shaunette
Grows on you...

I didn’t realize I liked this book and wanted to finish it until I was about 40% into it. It was difficult to get into at first because the protagonist really didn’t seem like a 17-year-old person.
I honestly want to see where this story goes! Cas has learned so much about herself and her potential. Hopefully with this being a possible four book series we’ll get to learn more about her and the other characters in the story as well, especially Dana!
Beth
« previous 1 3 next »

• Witching Moon
  • Aurora's Angel
  • Treasured
  • The Cure (The Collins Trilogy, #2)
  • Tangled Vows (Mistress, #1)
  • Her Royal Bodyguard
  • Heart of Ice
  • The Heir (The Collins Trilogy, #3)
  • New Day Rising: Book Three in the Dusk Queen Series
  • Winter's Knight
  • Sailing With Her Wolf (The Nightstar Shifters #1)
  • One Golden Summer
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound Book 4)
  • Blood Runs Through The Heart
  • Razor's Pass (Ascension #2)
  • Soldier of Dorsa (The Chronicles of Dorsa, #2)
  • Something Far Away and Happy
  • Second Nature (Shape-Shifter, #1)
I am a mother, a spouse, a writer, an editor, a marketer, and a part-time farmer. I grow, build, remodel and fix things. I spent over 25 years in a tech career that I didn't love but still excelled in. Now, I make books. Some I write myself. Some are the works of others. I live in a hollow surrounded by trees, a little piece of paradise in Pennsylvania, with my wife, our last teenage son, goats, c ...more

State Changers (2 books)
  • Fae (State Changers, #2)