Start by marking “Million Miles Away (Million Miles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Million Miles Away (Million Miles, #1)

Million Miles Away

(Million Miles #1)

Life-changing love almost feels like an invasion.

I won't bore you with details about the mysterious medical issues I've had over the last year;

the sudden severe allergies to food and medication, the sleep paralysis. All I'll tell you is that they turned my life upside down.

But I'm a rational person.

Naturally, I assumed that my mind was playing tricks on me when I saw the s
Published October 5th 2019 by VisualBee Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Million Miles Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Million Miles Away

Start your review of Million Miles Away (Million Miles, #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Untitled design-High-Quality
My Review

I actually felt like I was in an episode of black mirror and this story was just so bizarrely fantastical but also so very intriguing at the same time.
It’s set in some sort of alternate future where technology has advanced a fair bit.

Natalia works for a big cooperation the OSA as an artist.
She lives and breathes her job but at the same time also feels set apart from it all.
She has all sorts of intolerance to anything not natural it makes her violently sick, so no alcohol, processed food etc.
Nata
keikii Eats Books
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read more reviews, check out my blog keikii eats books!

92 points, 4 ¾ stars
Warning: Cliffhanger (I am currently constantly stalking the author for news - and this hasn't even released yet!)

Quote:
“You are late,” he said with narrowed eyes. “I had to step away for a moment. I have a constricting schedule today.”

“You’re sorry? I’m freaking glowing!” I said holding my arms out.

Review:
I wanted exactly one thing from this book: an initially creepy, yet ultimately endearing romance. I got that
Dianne
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 10-read
3.5 stars!
Mujde Oz
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

4STARS!

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

The characters were interesting.

I loved Natalia and Dr. Korin. They both grow up and fall in love. I loved the chemistry between the two. Overall the humor in the book was very nice, I liked it. It was definitely a story I read with pleasure.

It was a nice blend of Romance, Science Fiction and Mystery/ Suspense. This is a great and interesting first book in the series, with a cliffhanger ending.

I look forward to the second book.
Coco.V
Dec 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/11/2019)! 🎁
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
You can find my review of Million Miles Away on my blog, Heart's Content!

Received an Advanced Reader’s Copy from publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Million Miles Away was definitely not what I had expected it to be. I don’t particularly mean that in a bad way. The story is set in a futuristic world that follows the protagonist, Natalia, a woman passionate about her work but struggling personally. Her life is cornered by being physically incapable of consuming anything that
cafeyre
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Natalia Winters is going through the rough year when she finds out about her illness. It takes all the fun part of her life and separates her from her friends. Regardless, she tries to focus on the love of her life which is art. She is working as an artist at a very high position. She was working to get to this point her whole life. Her social life isn’t as perfect. She’s an introvert but she still feels a lack of love and social life. She has a big issue with sleeping. The day when she paralyze ...more
Lynn
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Set in a futuristic Earth, Natalia is an artist working for a big corporation. She creates paintings of the cosmos which is something that has captured her imagination and soul. Over the last year Natalia has developed odd allergies to food and medication causing her to become even more of a recluse, workaholic than she was previously. One day she wakes realizing that she is not on Earth anymore but an alien spaceship being attended by an otherworldly man. Korin’s appearance frightens and startl ...more
Marta Cox
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Well I found this to be an incredibly quick read about a lonely young woman discovering that there's a lot more out there than she had really expected. Set in a futuristic Earth apart from people using AI to control their home and buildings needs it actually didn't feel that futuristic. Still it was easy to read although if you are not a fan of first person narrative it might somewhat irritate you.
Natalia is an accomplished artist working for a large corporation but her health is steadily declin
Bobbie Kirkland
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of MILLION MILES AWAY (Book 1 of the Million Miles Romance Series) by Alice Bane in exchange for an honest review. Natalia has been sick for the last year. During that time, Natalia began to develop food and medicine intolerances and began to frequently experience sleep paralysis. No doctor has been able to diagnose her problem. Though she’s a talented artist with good friends, Natalia is lonely. As she watches her friends pair off and get married, Natalia’s longing for a ...more
Shorouk Abd Elhamid
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arc
This book was provided as an e-arc by NetGalley.

This was short and easy read.The story was very interesting. I liked how fast we went to interesting stuff.The writing style here was easy but I think some places needed editing (in my arc format).

I liked the main character and liked to see some representation of people not able to eat what they want(view spoiler). I could understand that personally. Korin was interes
Paula
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Million Miles Away by Alice Bane and is her debut Sci-Fi Romance novel.
The author developed both the science fiction and romance aspects of the story well and the book was interesting to read.

The only issue I had was when Natalia encounters Korin for the first time, I found part of the dialogue a bit unbelievable and simplistic.

I liked the story and the characters. The mixture of real-world and science fiction kept my interest, and the characters were solid and believable. Th
Kym
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting Sci-Fi romance...very different from your typical “human female, nonhuman male” story.

Without giving the storyline away, Natalia begins to question all aspects of her life when faced with an extra-terrestrial. Reflects on her own life, reflections on a life she would choose.

Wish I’d known this would end with a cliffhanger...

Thank you NetGalley and VisualBee Publishing for an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
SylviaV
CLIFF HANGER Dear author, the best way to stop this reader buying any of your next books is to write these kind of cliff hanger endings.

Million Miles Away by Alice Bane
This a new to me author and as I read a variety of genres,the premise of a sci-fi/romance/suspense story appeals to me.
This is a quick read and while I like the overall concept of the story, there were some serious plot holes that need to be addressed and the insta-love angle did not work for me. The cliff hanger ending most def
Elisabeth S. Gilliland
Sadly unsatisfying

This is a tale of a woman who discovers that aliens are selecting women as incubators for a new race that is a mix of human and alien. The premise is interesting, but I found the characters flat and the story line unconvincing. There is so much more that could have been done, especially as the author shows promise in her visualization of a convincing alien race and civilization. I will read more of what she writes, but hope that the next book will not end so flatly and disappoi
☆Lacey☆
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Tania
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great, the story was well written and the characters are interesting. Once I started I could not put the book down from start to finish you just could not get enough left you wanting more twists and turns hot and steamy like a rollercoaster ride of emotions that makes you want more.
Thank you for allowing me to review your book.

Gabrielle
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the start! I absolutely flew threw it and cannot wait to read the next book! I highly recommend this book to anyone who even remotely likes romance, science fiction, or alien life. The ending was such a twist I did not see coming and I can't wait to find out how it resolves.

I received this book from Voracious Readers Only.
Stacy B
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This is not at all what I expected this book to be about. I figured I was reading a light scifi book. So not what this is. I love the world building and the characters. I hope the next book isn't so far away!
Claretta Ruth
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start

It's A Great start to a sci-fi series. Very entertaining and kept me interested. I'm ready to see how their romance blossoms so bring on number two!!! 😁
Marie
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It's not the genre I'd normally read, but I was pleasantly surprised! I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
Rachel Dunk
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, before I even start this review, I need to point out that next to Buffy, Roswell (the original, not this new trash) is my favorite tv show. I loooove me some alien/human forbidden love affair. This story was even more interesting because it was like Roswell with a twist. And DEAR GOD THAT CLIFFHANGER. UGH.

Our leading lady, Natalia, is a lonely human who is a brilliant painter but suffers from deadly food/drink allergies. She’s kind of just a sickly human being that can’t maintain relations
Jamie Jack
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sci-Fi Romance with Serious Twists and Turns

Well, this book had some surprising twists and turns! I don't read a lot of sci-fi romance, because I find it's usually pretty—pardon the pun—out there in terms of the romance. (I usually read historical romance.) This one appeared to be different when I first saw it on my favorite book review site, and it is, indeed. The heroine finds herself with an array of maladies she can't explain but is impacting her life more and more. Very near the start of th
Sari
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a digital advanced reader copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

If you love a good cliffhanger.. This book is for you. I finished this book a week ago and I am still just like dang. I really want to know when the next book will be out because I have to know what happens. I have my own thoughts in my head about what might happen, but I am desperate for the next story.

This was such a quick and easy read. I loved the main character. She was lonely and relatab
Lia
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was gifted to me as an arc by Netgalley, so I could give my honest opinion.
And my opinion is mixed. The book itself is short and an easy insta-love read that you can finish in one day (or one night if you're like me), and the premise is interesting and not something I've read before.
Natalia is a lonely artist that has her dream job but has a lot of medical issues that she doesn't know how they appeared, and feels more alone when she spends time with her two friends and sees the differe
Corinne Sparks
Sep 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
What appears to be an attempt at a slightly less crazed 'insta-love' alien abduction style story... Fails miserably.
I am afraid I have little good to say about this book.
The good points: the idea itself. Yes it's a well worn trope that has flooded the romance genre at the moment, but I could go for it - a girl that suddenly and violently has extreme diet and psychological changes in her life, and cannot find the answers, only to discover its alien interference. Good idea - terrible execution.
It
Deb O
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first time reading this author and it was an awesome read. It's a short face paced insta love story that caught me form the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. It was a very different take on sci-fi, mystery, romance. I liked Korin and Natalia. Natalia has been sick for the past year with food and medicine allergies and also sleep paralysis. While sleeping she dreams of Korin, then she awakens on a ship and Korin is there. I didn't know there was a cliffhanger, but it was still an ...more
J. Serrano
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected Gem

I selected this book when I was searching for a new author with less than ten reviews.
I wasn't sure that it would be interesting for me at first. The tedium of the main character's initial interactions and workday made me question if I had chosen the right book for me.
It quickly shifted into a dark fantastic story that surpassed my expectations. I found myself pulled into the emotions of the character, her relationships and transformation.
The writing is geared toward a slightly you
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
This is my fist book by this author. I liked it. I was major depressed reading the first part. I was just baffled at Natalie’s naiveté. She didn’t ask that many questions. She just accepted everything. She didn’t even care too much about her fellow human women, family, or friends. The hero was wonderful. I enjoyed his growth. The world building reminded me of the Krinar world. I hate the cliff hanger ending. Ughhhhh! It was different and I plan to see what happens despite my frustration.
Jeanne Richardson
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written by Alice Bane; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

• Knockout: The Doyles, A Boston Irish Mafia Romance Series
  • Claimed by the Demon Hunter (Guardians of Humanity #1)
  • Sweet on You
  • King Of Hearts
  • Richmond Brothers Love Curves: Series Collection 1-3
  • Laundry Day
  • Totally Taken By The Alien (Marauder Mates #2)
  • Ghost Redeemed
  • Studious Desires
  • 'Twas the Kiss Before Christmas (Christmas Mountain #4)
  • Love on the Ice
  • Decked (The Invincibles #1)
  • Frat House Confessions: Wes
  • Waking the Dragon
  • Liam's Invented I-Do (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance #3)
  • Her Apple Delight (Man Card #10)
  • Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders
  • The Chosen: Dragon Shifter Romance Collection

Million Miles (2 books)
  • Million Miles Off (Million Miles #2)

News & Interviews