Start by marking “While You Were Spying (Love Undercover #1)” as Want to Read:
While You Were Spying (Love Undercover #1)

While You Were Spying

(Love Undercover #1)

She needs a fake husband. He needs to protect his best friend...

Ever since I caught my boyfriend getting hot and steamy with another woman, I’ve thrown myself into my career. But now I’m ready to move from being the super-efficient office manager to an operative with Quade Security and Investigation.

Just as soon as I prove to my boss that I’m kick-ass enough to do the job.
ebook
Published February 20th 2020 by Stina Lindenblatt

To ask other readers questions about While You Were Spying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While You Were Spying

Start your review of While You Were Spying (Love Undercover #1)
Stina Lindenblatt
Feb 01, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
While You Were Spying is a standalone romantic comedy.

It is available for pre-order at your favorite ebook retailer and releases Feb 20, 2020. https://books2read.com/WhileYouWereSp...

You can read the first two chapters here for free! >> http://bit.ly/first2chaptersWYWS

Karen Roma
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Star Review....

While You Were Spying is the first story in Stina Lindenblatt’s Love Undercover series and starts this new venture with a bang! A captivating, fun-filled, friend to lovers story that also has mystery, intrigue and lots of sassy banter too. Isabelle and Jayden are an easily likeable couple and their exploits are both charming and explosive. The author has written a thoroughly enjoyable tale that is impossible to put down once you start. I’m so looking forward to the next in
Urvashi
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Isabelle works for as an office manager for Quade Security and Investigations, but what she wants to do is be an operative with the firm.and she will be as soon as she manages to convince her boss. The perfect opportunity presents itself when her grandmothers ex boyfriend asks for help to investigate some suspicious thefts at his resort.
It seems like a simple mission that requires Isabelle and her best friend and colleague, Jayden to go undercover as a married couple. What more could she want ?
Cat
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fantastic read,that will have you addicted from the very beginning, I was so excited to read this from Stina Lindenblatt I have relished every book that I have had the pleasure to read by Stina and While You Were Spying is no exception.
I Loved it
Fun and adventurous I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Friends to Lovers Romance between Jayden and Isabelle.A Romcom full of Mystery, intrigue ,suspense and steamy moments,Isabelle and Jayden work together at Quade security and
Victoria Weston
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a first for me this author and book and I definitely wasn't disappointed, I enjoyed this book immensely.

Isabelle has a dream of becoming an agent it's all she's ever wanted and as confident as she is she doesn't let anything get in her way.
Jayden is Isabelle's best friend and hates the thought of her doing anything of the like, especially his kind of work, he's worried about her safety and going into the field is dangerous he should know. All Jayden wants is to keep her by his side as
kgagnon
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun and intriguing, friends to lovers romcom! Isabelle and Jayden both work for Quade Security and Investigation. Isabelle is the office manager while her best friend, Jayden, and 4 other hot, sexy, ex Navy SEALS do all the special ops. Isabelle has been training covertly wanting to be in the field as well. When her fun and quirky grandmother asks Isabelle to check out a robbery for an old boyfriend, Isabelle is excited to jump at the chance to solve a mystery. But she needs a fake ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While You Were Spying is a heart pumping sexy read! You've got action, intrigue and suspense and then on the other hand you have sexual tension, swoony romance, and sassy banter.

Isabelle is a tough chick and wants more than anything to be an operative for the security company she works for. Her best friend and coworker, Jayden, refuses to see that she'd be an asset to the team. When a chance comes to prove herself she jumps on it and needs Jayden to pretend to be her husband. That's when the
Jenny Hobson
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ah Isabelle and Jayden! What a lovely story the pair of you made.
Best friends Isabelle and Jayden work for the same company. Isabelle works in the office, desperate for a life of work on the field. Jayden is an ex marine working with his team of intelligence operatives. He is dead set against Isabelle becoming an operative and putting her life in danger where as she is quite determined to prove to the team she is more than capable to become one of them. A case comes up courtesy of Isabelles gran
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
While You Were Spying is a fun, intriguing, full of mystery, friends-to-lovers read. It was like reading a fun romcom wrapped up in a James Bond movie with lots of extra steam.

Isabell's grandmother has a job for her, but the only trouble is she's not an agent, she's the office manager atQuade Security and Investigation. Isabell's dream is to become a field agent and this may be her chance to finally prove herself, but there is one other problem with her plan, the mission requires a partner as
Trace
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stina has done it again. Completely love this book and highly recommend it.
If you love her Bay series you are going to love this one as well. She even sprinkle this story with
some fan favourites.
My favourite parts are at the resort and they assignements and homework they have to do.
Jayden and Isabell are amazing in the story. Another great friends to lovers story.
Thanks for the great read
Cherie Maggi
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read full of friendships, love, mystery, and happiness. Fun story
Francisca Alvarado
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, the chemistry between the main characters keeps you entertained and the mistery won’t let you put this book down!
Stina manages to keep you in the By the bay world, while making you intrigued to read this new series by giving you little teasers of what’s to come. I know I’ll be waiting for the next book!
Tammy
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute, fun adventurous little book. I always enjoy this set of characters. Bring on the next one! I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Sonia
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Stina's books. She never disappoints. This book is fun, hot and well written. Jayden and Isabelle's best friends turn to lovers, throw in some secret spying in the mix and you've got yourself a great story. This is a great series, keep em coming Stina.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I just love this book! The steamy sexual tension and obliviousness of feelings for each other; then add in some tense situations and five (YES FIVE!) hot, sexy, alpha, ex-navy SEALS and you got me!
The plot was really original and had me reading until far too late on a school night.

Jayden is best friends and work colleagues with Isabelle. He is a major sexy man; all alpha and growly. Yummy. He is really against Isabelle becoming a member of their security team, he doesn’t want her to get hurt.
Christine
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this story. Loved all the characters. Was sucked in from the start. Could not wait to see what would happen next. Loved all the twists and turns. Isabelle is one strong sure of herself woman. Jayden is one strong amazing man. They make for one strong fun couple. There connection is off the charts. Can’t wait to read more.
Dana
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this as an ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I like this book. As always Stina’s writing was great! Pros: fun story line although not very realistic. Both main characters were easy to love. Cons: the progression from friends to “in love”, emotionally wasn’t quite there for me, I felt the sexual relationship had more inner dialogue devoted to it than the emotions did (hence 4 stars).
Rosie
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

The premise of this book, two best friends posing as a couple but really fall in love has been done before, but that’s where the similarities with While You Were Spying and other books in this trope end. WYWS was so different and fun, I read it all in one go and was left wanting more.

Jayden and Isabelle have been best friends and colleagues for years. Jayden is an operative for a sort of spy agency, where they can do undercover work more legitimate agencies can’t. Isabelle is their
Jeeves Reads Romance
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Light and SEXY, this rom com has a dash of suspense and plenty of steamy moments. It's a friends to lovers romance between a sexy, lovable operative and the strong, determined office manager he loves to spend time with. While I found the emotional connection to be a little weak, it's a lot of fun and has a storyline that will keep you entertained.

The story follows Isabelle and Jayden, co-workers who have become friends over the last two years. They have an easy connection and a genuine
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.5-3.75 stars. This was a cute book. While You Were Spying is Jayden and Isabelle's friends to lovers story. Jayden and Isabelle are good friends who work together. They both work for a security firm, where Jayden is a security guard/investigator and Isabelle runs the office. She is itching to work out in the field and has been training in the hopes that she will get an assignment. Jayden is fiercely and vocally against this for her. He doesn't think she is tough enough or can hack it, but he ...more
Renee
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it

She needs a fake husband.He needs to protect his best friend. Ever since I caught my boyfriend getting hot and steamy with another woman, I've thrown myself into my career. But now I'm ready to move from being the super-efficient office manger to an operative with Quade Security and Investigation. Just as soon as I prove to my boss that I'm kick-butt enough to do the job. So when my grandmother asks
Ashley Jasper
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
While You Were Spying is my first book from Stina Lindenblatt and it was a bit of a mixed bag for me. While touted as romantic suspense, it felt much more like a friends-to-lovers office romance with tiny hints of danger sprinkled in here and there.

That's not to say it was all bad. In fact, I happened to really like Isabelle. She was smart, strong, savvy. I liked how she took it upon herself to go after the job she wanted. She had a lot to prove to not just herself but also her brood of uber
Menotah B (Canadian Girl Book Blog)
Isabell works as the office manager at Quade Security and Investigations but her dream is to be an operative. Her best friend Jayden does not want her to become an operative and has tried everything he can to persuade Isabell to change her mind. The perfect opportunity for Isabell to prove herself arises when her grandmother asks her to help her ex-boyfriend to investigate suspicious activity at his resort. Jayden is not happy when their boss Liam agrees to give Isabell a chance to prove she can ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can't figure out why I haven't read more of Stina Lindenblatt, as her writing style is so addictive, but nonetheless, she's on the newer side of the fence, as While You Were Spying is only my second book! But oh what a book it was! I was instantly captivated from the jump, making me devour it cover to cover in one sitting. I find in my reading walk of life, that I truly LOVE me some security firm romance, as the girls are bada** while the men are deliciously alpha. Jayden & Isabelle are ...more
Susan McClintock
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute friends to lovers romance. Isabelle and Jayden are best friends and who works for a security firm. Isabelle is the current office manager, but wants to become an operative in the field. Her best friend Jayden and boss are against it, since he doesn’t want her to put her life at risk. When Isabelle’s grandmother comes to her with a security job for a former boyfriend, this gives Isabelle the chance to prove herself. Of course, Isabelle and Jayden must go undercover as a married ...more
Bookgyrl
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Isabelle runs the office for some (ofcourse hot) security guys and wants to be an operative herself. If only she would get a chance. That chance presents herself through her grandmother. She is going undercover in a posh resort, together with Jayden, whom she has had a crush on but is also a good friend. They are enrolled in a course with some pretty hot assignments... and things get hot.

I really like this author. She writes well and I like the tropes of 'friends-to-lovers' and 'fake-marriage'.
Margaret
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it

Review originally published at Goldilox and the Three Weres and based on a copy provided by the publisher.

While You Were Spying is quite light in tone for a series about former special ops soldiers turned private contractors. It's kind of a RomCom/Romantic Suspense hybrid. It's full of tropey goodness - friends to lovers, fake relationship, only one bed, workplace romance. I found it a fun, quick read even though it didn't blow me away.

I enjoyed the chemistry between Jayden and
Rachel
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want a book that will pull you in, have you laughing, hot and bothered and at times on the edge of your reading seat then this is the book you are looking for.

Add in that it’s a friends to lovers trope and SOLD! I absolutely loved this book. From the opening pages to the main characters hilarious reactions to the situations they land in, to the last page that aI turned with a satisfied sigh and the need for the next book sooner rather than later, I could not fault this story.

Stina
Melissa Mendoza
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 Fake Husband Stars!!! What a super fun and intriguing read!!

Stina is always an author that I will one click, because she always writes a book that will captivate you. And this book was no different! The dynamic between Jayden & Isabelle is off the charts equal parts romantic and hilarious!! The whole premise behind these two characters story is super fun, and I was highly entertained the enitre time!
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

I love this author she is kinda an auto buy for me and I have read many of her other series. But this was the first one I didn't love. I had a tough time finishing it. I think its because it moved very slowly and I didn't really love the male lead, Jayden.

The plus is that its a offshoot from her last series and is a brand new series about guys who work at a private detective
Goodreads Librari...: Update cover please 3 33 Dec 13, 2019 03:29PM
Goodreads Librari...: Update cover please 2 25 Dec 13, 2019 07:24AM

• The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Better than Sexy (Sexy #3)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • Firecracker: A contemporary romance
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • The Affair
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew #1)
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #3)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
I’m a traditionally and indie published romance author. My traditional books are heavy on heart and emotion. My indie books are on the light and hilarious side of things. But either way, my stories are full of sexy times. I love to travel, and have lived in England, the US, Canada, and Finland. In my free time, I enjoy photography, especially the close-up variety.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE