Start by marking “Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)

Prince of Hearts

(Verona Legacy #1)

A new angsty college mafia romance from bestselling author of the Rixon Raiders series.

Arianne Capizola is her father’s daughter.

Humble. Hardworking. Honest.

She’d rather spend her days helping at the local shelter than brushing shoulders with her vain and entitled classmates.

Niccolò Marchetti is his father’s son.

Dark. Dangerous. Deceitful.

He’d rather spend his days getting
Published June 2nd 2020 by Delesty Books

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Hearts

Start your review of Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g
zc

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
2ir3yw5
'PRINCE OF HEARTS' is the first full length mafia romance book in the series 'Verona Legacy', by author L.A. Cotton. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.' Get ready to meet Adrianne Capizola and Niccolo Marchetti.

It’s been a while since I’ve read a mafia book, they used to be my one click addiction, so when I saw this author dipping her toes into this genre, I had to sign up, and boy she did not disapp
Wendys Wycked Words

I have become a big fan of L.A. Cotton's work over the last 2 years. I loved the "Wicked Bay" series and the "Rixon Raiders" series. I am glad to report that I also really enjoyed this first book in the "Verona Legacy" series.

good times gif - Google Zoeken

Part of me loving this book, has to do with the fact that "mafia" themed romances are one of my favorites. Throw in the "forbidden love" trope and I am sold!!!

Adrianne Capizola, heir of the Capizola family, and Niccolo Marchetti, son of the mafia boss  ... both from very i
Eva ☆
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I just don't do insta-love ... The writing in this book is good, note that the author has talent, but the insta-love was too much for me, literally up to 50% all she knows about him is his nickname, that he has a sister and ... NOTHING MORE!

Even so she swears that she is in love, and he likewise, he doesn't know anything about her, but he can't get her out of his head and they spend more than half the book like that ...

When it came to the part where they were giving us more information about bot
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Romance: 5 STARS!! 😍😍
"No matter what happens, I will love you until the day I die."
Story: 3 STARS
I might not have wanted this life. But it was mine regardless.
Gotta love a retelling of Romeo and Juliet! And the romance in Prince of Hearts was EVERYTHING I wanted.

The hero, Niccolo Marchetti, was just . . . Gah! He was possessive, obsessive, and undying in his love for Arianne.
She wasn't supposed to cower, she was supposed to stand tall.
Their moments toget
moonlight ☾
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia-romance
First time BR and I’m blessed it was with my lovely friend, Sarah

4 stars

first of all, Enzo is mine. Just wanted to put that out there.

I adored this book so much! Arianne (h) and Nicco (H) were that precious couple you couldn’t help but feel the need to protect and wish for their happy ending cause they both deserved the world. In the beginning, it was a bit slow for me (tho I feel like this was because I was obsessing over another mafia romance at the time so my thoughts were still on th
BLuvsBooks
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read in this new mafia world by LA Cotton.
Warring families, secrets, action, first love, and more in this page turner.

I loved this new and different Romeo and Juliet type story.
Forbidden love because of their families history and disdain for each other.

Nico and Ari are meant to be no matter the obstacles and secrets they face.
“Because Nicco wasn’t only buried under my skin. He was imprinting himself on my heart.”

My heart hurt for Ari and the things she went through. Nico wants to pro
Angie
We were both pawns. Her unknowing. Me unwilling. Both of us bound by our family's legacies.

5 Bambolina and Prince of Hearts stars!!
Trigger warning: (view spoiler)

I've been on a forbidden-romance kick lately and this one was another home run for me. On the surface this story is one almost everyone is familiar with; a story of two star-crossed lovers who come from opposite sides of the river and whose families a
Siobhan Davis
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-provided, arc
Star-crossed lovers collide with explosive, tragic consequences in this deliciously angsty series starter from L.A. Cotton. I’m still swooning over Nico and craving book two! Bring it, Lianne - I can't wait! ...more
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 💞💞💞💞 inevitable 🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣️❣️❣️❣️

Fate is inevitable and Arianne and Niccolo were born to be together!

“What we had wasn’t fleeting. It was soul deep.
Written in the stars.
It was the kind of love they told stories about.” Arianne

Arianne and Niccolo’s families were rivals for so many decades. However, when they met none of them knew each other’s identity.
They were immediately drawn to each other, their chemistry was fantastic and shared a deep connection.

“Arianne was my sanctuary. She was the other
Meredith Wilson
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Prince of Hearts is the first book in the new Verona Legacy series by L.A. Cotton. I'm not usually one to read mafia books, but this author is one of my absolute favorites. So of course I was going to give it a go, and let me tell you, it most certainly did not disappoint. Get ready to meet the star-crossed lovers, Arianne Capizola and Niccolo Marchetti.

Arianne's father is a very powerful mafioso, and he didn't want her to get caught in the crossfire. So for the past five years she has been hom
ABookLover73
FIVE TRUE LOVE STARS for Arianne and Niccolò 💖🖤💖🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Whatever I write, it will never be enough to describe how much I've enjoyed reading this special and unique book.

I'm following and reading Lianne's books for almost two years and she never disappointed me.

Every book she writes has a special place in my heart not only because of its storyline but also because every time I connect with the main characters.

But, this book is different.

Not only that I love storyline and ch
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

‘We were both pawns. Her unknowing. Me unwilling. Both of us bound by our family’s legacies.’

It’s been a while since we’ve immersed ourselves in a Mafia romance, and didn’t L.A. Cotton provide all those feelings we love to experience with these type of reads. You know the ones? They make our hearts flutter whilst simultaneously leaving them a ragged wreck when the author brings you the angst, intensity and the threatening world of the Mafia forbidden romance theme.

“I would kill for y
Keri Loves Books
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A modern day Romeo and Juliet tale told mafia style. Their love is forbidden, because their fates have already been decided. Nicco and Arianne will have to fight for their love.

She's been sheltered from her own life. Her father never wanted the past to touch her. Now her eyes have been opened and she needs to figure out who she is and what she wants.

Arianne has been kept hidden for five years. Now that she's eighteen, she wants some freedom. Her first semester at MU is going to be life changing.
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Mafia Prince!!!" stars***

#AVAILABLE NOW

"She was everything I could never have.
Everything I'd never wanted.
Until now."

This was a very promising beginning in this new duet by L.A. Cotton.
Mafia romances are one of my many weaknesses and when i heard about this book, i didn't have to think it twice.
L.A. Cotton AND mafia forbidden romance???? Yes please!!!!
Add to that a similarity to Romeo & Juliet with all the cross-starred lovers and you're gonna lose your mind!!!!
And after that turn
hooked_on_books
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
image: description

★★★𝑅𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤★★★
(𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.)
𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺:⭐⭐⭐⭐

"𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒑𝒂𝒘𝒏𝒔. 𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑴𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑩𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚'𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒔."

𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 is the first book in the 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲 series. Buckle up cause you're about to go in one hell of a ride.

𝑨𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒛𝒐𝒍𝒂 is the daughter of 𝑹𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒐 𝑪𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒛𝒐𝒍𝒂, Verona County’s most successful businessmen. Heir to the Capizola fortune. She spent the last five years living in the safety of her home, shelte
Danielle's
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The devil you know isn’t always better. Prince of hearts is the first instalment of a duo. It’s inspired by Romeo and Juliet in a creative tale of love and war.

Arianne Capizola is the daughter of a powerful man. She’s lived a sheltered life. When she’s allowed the freedom to study at Montague university the cracks in her family life begin to appear. Her identity is kept a secret but her cousin Tristan is close by if she needs him. Unfortunately Tristan’s best friend is a family friend and inte
michayla
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
the highlight of this was reading all the swear words in italian that my nonna used to hit me over the head for saying as a kid.

okay, i’m going to preface this by saying this a 100% your modern day romeo & juliet. so if you’re not into the insta love type trope this is defientely not for you.

tbh this was just mehh. it’s supposed to be a college mafia romance but i did not get that vibe at all. Arianne (h) is heir to her father’s “business” - it’s very hush hush what he actually does, i don’t ev
L.A. Cotton
Apr 27, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Star-crossed lovers collide with explosive consequences in this deliciously angsty forbidden romance!

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘝𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘢 𝘓𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘤𝘺...
🖤 New adult / college

Kobo: https://bit.ly/PoHKobo
Nook: https://bit.ly/PoHNook
micolreads
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Modern romeo and juliet set in college

Perfect if you love the boy being all rude and smartass around people but sweet and caring around the girl trope (for your information, I DO)
queen_of_the_books_18
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
She was everything I could never have.  Everything I’d never wanted. Until now.

If you love dark, mafia college romances that are very loosely based on Romeo and Juliet then LA Cotton has just delivered some angsty epicness for you!

She tasted too good. Too tempting. She tasted like my fucking downfall.

A story of first love, complicated love, messy love mixed together with a little bit of naivety from the heroine that made me want to slap her upside the head in parts, to earth shattering stolen k
Halle Reads
May 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-june-2020
3.5 Stars 🌟

Prince-of-Hearts-1

Prince of Hearts is book one in the Verona Legacy series and is a duet. This book can not be read as a standalone and ends in a cliffhanger. PoH follows Nicco and Arianna and is a Mafia romance with in influenced by Romeo and Juliet and heavily plays on the star crossed lovers aspect of it. The story is dark, gritty, suspenseful, passionate, dangerous but also slightly predictable. It started off a little slow for me but I still ended up enjoying this one.

Nicco is broody, cold, pr
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
HOLY WOW! I can't contain my excitement over this story it has blown me away!! I JUST finished and emotionally, I'm shook and depleted! Left with my jaw on the floor and my heart beating out of my chest!

To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect when I started Prince of Hearts but shortly after starting it I knew it would consume me and swallow me whole.

Nicco and Ari are just......EVERYTHING! Their love, although seemingly fated is star crossed. There are insurmountable roadblocks these two hav
LianaReads blog
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A mafia dark romance love story? Sign me up!
A Romeo and Juliet inspiration? I’m in heaven here!
No words can describe my feelings for this story! Those first butterflies in the belly, the first real kiss and love should be the best time of every young adult.
But what happens when the characters are not exactly who you thought they are?
Arianne and Nicco will have your heart beating so fast for their love, a story that should be easy but coming from a world as they have, nothing is more dangerous
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

L. A. Cotton has proven to me that she can write any trope. This book is a light mafia, college and insta love story about star crossed lovers. The insta love part had me feeling some type of way in some parts but it a retelling of Romeo and Juliet after all.

Despite it being super quick in my eyes, I too fell in love with Nicco and Arienne super fast. These two are adorable and I'm excited to see them explore their relationship once it's out in the open. Once again we get an
Laura Jane
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A 5 star rating isn’t enough for this book!!! LA Cotton has knocked another amazing read out of the park, I fell head over heels in love with Nicco and Ari. I think this will be one of my favourite series by this author. I devoured it from start to finish. Just give me the next one now and I’d be so so happy. Bravo on another heart stopping read
Sentranced Jem
Jun 15, 2020 rated it liked it
3.75?

Hmmm going to be real here.
I don't know whether I loved it or was just ok with it.
Prince of Hearts felt like a rollercoaster of me really enjoying parts of the story while the other parts couldn't help but make me roll my eyes.
I had to remind myself that these characters were young hence why this old ass (me! 🙋) Couldn't help scoffing during certain parts.
But like I said, there were parts of this book that did capture my attention.

I don't know if I'm eagerly waiting to read Book 2. I may
 Mary ❤️ DBO
Prince of Hearts (Verona Legacy #1) by L.A. Cotton

5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
*BETA READ*

My first beta read.
Prince of Hearts by L.A Cotton is the first book book in the Verona Legacy series, it is written in dual POV and tells the story of Adrianne Capizola and Niccolo Marchetti.
Every time I read Verona, I am taken back to Romeo & Juliet story by William Shakespeare, and this book is no exception. This book is a modern version of Romeo & Juliet story.
Capizola & Marchetti are two of the most influential famil
Abby J Capps
May 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
La cotton is one of my faves when writing angsty stories, so when I saw she was writing a NA mafia romance, I jumped at the opportunity to read it.

But unfortunately this story did not work for me for a couple of reasons. Nicco and Arianne are our main characters. They fall for each other and then later learn they are meant to be enemies. It was a Romeo and Juliet retelling. It wasn’t so much the retelling that bothered me, but I’m not a fan of insta- love at all and I had no idea going in that’
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
***AUDIOBOOK***

This is a solid mafia romance. It has drama, feuding families, and vengeance.

I love both of the characters. They have the Romeo and Juliet vibe, and you will cheer for them to beat out the expectations placed in them to be together.

The story line is really good. I’m waiting for see how it all plays out. I will say the steam factor and violence factor is pretty low, especially if you are an avid mafia romance reader.

Overall, a fantastic read. I enjoyed the characters and the plot.
Owella
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book more stars I would. It was THAT good. I was speechless at the end. 😲 I had no words to describe how good this book was. That never happens to me! I really need #2 like yesterday. I love Lianne and have read all of her books. This book is now firmly at the top and I never thought anything would beat my man Jase #QB1 there!

Nicco and Ari definitely don't have an easy ride in this book. The twist, turns, angst and romance keep you on your toes and wanting more all the way
Bargain Basement: $15 Amazon Gift Card & Signed Paperback 1 11 May 11, 2020 06:21PM

• Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
  • I Said Yes
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)
  • Queen Move
  • Do You Want Me?
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Just One Year
  • The Promise (North Woods Universtiy #5)
  • The Devil's Plaything
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Lucky Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Take Me To Bed: Bedtime Quickies Collection
  • The Two of Us (Love in Isolation, #1)
  • IOU
  • Steal You Away
  • Regretting You (Blackthorn Elite #4)
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
Angsty. Edgy. Addictive Romance

Author of over thirty mature young adult and new adult novels, LA COTTON is happiest writing the kind of books she loves to read: addictive stories full of teenage angst, tension, twists and turns.

Home is a small town in the middle of England where she currently juggles being a full-time writer with being a mother/referee to two little people. In her spare time (and

Verona Legacy (5 books)
  • Angel Of Tears (Verona Legacy, #0.5)
  • King of Souls (Verona Legacy, #2)
  • Villain of Secrets (Verona Legacy, #3)
  • Savior of Regrets (Verona Legacy, #4)