Start by marking “She's Faking It” as Want to Read:

She's Faking It

You cant put a filter on reality.

Bree Bozeman isnt exactly pursuing the life of her dreams. Then again, she isnt too sure what those dreams are. After dropping out of college, shes living a pretty chill life in the surf community of Pacific Beach, San Diegoif chill means delivering food as a GrubGetter, and if it means uneventful.

But when Bree starts a new Instagram
Expected publication: June 30th 2020 by Graydon House

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jun 30, 2020
    Enter to win 1 of 25 Advanced Reader Copies of She's Faking It by Kristin Rockaway!

Smart, fun, fast-paced.Helen Hoang, USA Today-bestselling author,

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 1969 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 01 - Apr 30, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about She's Faking It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's Faking It

Start your review of She's Faking It
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This book is about social media, how we fake it to break it and over share our embellished, photoshopped, ultra filtered lives with the world. And its also great mockery of Secret and positive energy, feeling good scams that some wise and sneaky people benefit from other peoples insecurities and miseries.

This approach of the book and the social influencers boot-camp parts deserved five stars.

Lets meet Bree living by one of my favorite seaside city: San Diego: amazing beaches, water sports,
    Mary Ann Marlowe
    Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I flew through this book--probably because of how much I identified with Bree who is at times a hot mess, simultaneously an under-achiever and an over-achiever (she may settle for low skill jobs, but by God, she'll excel at them). She's struggling and hustling and trying to figure out who she is and who she wants to be. She's one mistake away from ruin and one lucky break away from having it all, but through it all, she keeps trying, keeps reaching for better. Like Bree, I've lived above a ...more
    Cathi - LovesBooksMore
    Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Brees not so great boyfriend leaves her, her car is toast and now she needs a new job as a Grub-Getter delivery service. She is barely paying rent when her sister makes her promise to read a self help/motivational book.
    Bree finds herself one step closer overnight to her dream life by just posting a vision board on her Instagram. She has a date with her hot surfer neighbor, her insta goes crazy...
    Can you truly Fake It Til You Make It?
    Jamie
    Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Totally another book I loved by Kristin Rockaway! This was fun, fast paced and filled with sisterly love and drama with a love of the beach and Instagram! Such a fun behind the scenes look at how sucked into the Instagram world we get and how it takes over our lives quickly!
    As a bookstagramer that started my account for fun and now have almost 3k followers it still amazes me that I have all these followers.
    Thanks to Netgalley for my advanced ebook copy!
    Suzanne Park
    Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This fun, relevant book is just as much a coming-of-age story as it is a romance. Like in her last book, Rockaway doesn't shy away from technology, but in the case of Bree Bozeman (the main character), the author focuses on the relatable problem we all have with social media: appearances aren't always what they seem.

I breezed through reading this book. It's a perfect summer read!
    Kathleen
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    SHES FAKING IT was exactly what I needed right now! This clever, fast-paced read about a directionless woman trying to manifest her own destiny will have you both laughing and nodding in recognition. ...more
    Janet
    Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book and many more today. LOL

You cant put a filter on reality.

Bree Bozeman isnt exactly pursuing
    Amy Lea
    Mar 14, 2020 rated it liked it
    REVIEW ⭐⭐⭐.5 | Shes Faking It

Bree is down on her luck, having just lost her job, in debt, and aimless in life. But when she gets inspired by an Instagram life guru, she begins to manifest a new, more instagrammable life for herself (including free things and even a hot surfer love interest next door).

Things I liked:
    💗The real portrayal of social media. Rockaway does a great job of overtly abs sometimes subtly transmitting the message that what you see online is rarely as shiny in real life. So
    Jess Anne
    Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arc
    Oh my goodness, I loved this book so much! I felt like this book truly hit home, and was so relatable! I finished this book in two days, I truly did not want to put it down!

Bree seems to be living the best life. Shes living in Pacific a Beach, San Diego. She lives right down the road from the beach, has great friends, and a wonderful sister. In reality, Bree is a hot mess. Shes struggling with working low skill jobs, has a dumpy apartment above a garage, and doesnt know where her life is going.

Emily
    Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2020, fiction, review-copy
    I've already acknowledged that this author is a friend of mine, but let me try to convince you that it's not affecting my reviews of her work. I'm not giving her books five stars because we're friends; we're friends because she has the kind of brain that turns out stories like this!

I liked that this book was as much about sisterhood as it is about romance. It made me feel transported from the bus in a cold northeastern city to a stylish California beach town. And as with her last book, I was
    Lily Herman
    Mar 22, 2020 rated it liked it
    I enjoyed Kristin Rockaway's She's Faking It. She totally nailed influencer culture and did such a nuanced job bringing it into her story. Social media plot lines are super trendy nowadays, but unfortunately many books are way too heavy-handed in their approaches. Rockaway borrowed from different internet tropes but also made them her own, and several sections (mocking everything from Goop to the Fyre Festival) were really funny.

The only thing I can't rave about is the characterization of the
    Barbara Ray
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    There is much to enjoy in this book. Great story, dynamic characters, relaxing setting by the sea, and important relationships as issues of death, break-ups, and family abound. Bree is trying to find herself. Her boyfriend left her, she does not make enough money to pay her debts, and she is tired of her sister bailing her out. Her sister encourages her to get in touch with her true self using an online guru, Demi DiPalma. Bree decides to become somebody through Instagram. Trey, the pro surfer ...more
    Amanda
    Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Another fun quick read from Kristin Rockaway, thank you #Netgalley for the advanced copy!

The book follows the life of Bree Bozeman, living in San Diego, living in a small guest house will surviving off her money from being a food delivery driver. Bree struggles to find her passion and what to do with her life. Bree spends time on instagram and becomes obsessed with creating her own "brand" of being a social influencer. She even attends a weekend get away thrown by a social influencer, where she
    Sue Fernandez
    Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This book was an enlightening look at the "perfection" of social media and how much of it isn't reality. The author made me think and rethink about what we put out there. I enjoyed the plot and the growth of the character, literally from being broken down to someone who is standing on her own two feet. I loved the relationship between the two sisters, who lost their mom when they were young, and they both handled grief in different ways. I definitely recommend this book. Thank you to NetGalley ...more
    Stacy Larson
    Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
    I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley.

This book is about a woman, Bree, who was raised by her older sister. She has struggled with feeling like a failure, never being able to make ends meet, a bad relationship with a toxic person, and just overall she seems like a lost soul. The story is loosely about Bree trying to become an Instagram influencer by "faking" a great life as so many people do on social media. I think this book draws attention to the way that people fake it
    Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Some people would tell you that it's impossible to manifest success by pretending to be successful. This book has no room for that sort of negativity. :-)

Seriously, though, I loved it. Bree is relatable and interesting. Her desire to have more from life is pretty much universal. The book has moments of utter hilarity and brilliance. Another winner from Rockaway.
    Coriander
    Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Thank you to Netgalley for an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

I loved EVERYTHING about this book! Kristin Rockaway has never let me down yet, and she continues to pull me in to her lovely contemporary worlds. I was hooked with How to Hack a Heartbreak, and I was hooked on this one too. I can't wait to read what she puts out next! Which may not be for a couple of years... Please excuse me while I cry.

So first of all, Bree is a hot mess. This is easily one of my favorite
    Saara
    Mar 07, 2020
    Lauryn
    Mar 07, 2020
    Heather
    rated it did not like it
    Jan 23, 2020

• Head Over Heels
    • Don't Go Stealing My Heart
    • Admission
    • The Weekend Away
    • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
    • The Herd
    • You Can't Catch Me
    • Anna K
    • East Coast Girls
    Kristin Rockaway is a native New Yorker and recovering corporate software engineer. After working in the IT industry for far too many years, she finally traded the city for the surf and chased her dreams out to Southern California, where she spends her days happily writing stories instead of code. When shes not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband and son, browsing the aisles of her ...more

Articles featuring this book

Looking to start off your new year with something sweet? Don't worry, we've got plenty to keep you busy. Whether you're looking for a ready-for...