Start by marking “Take It Off the Menu (Mile High Matched, #3)” as Want to Read:
Take It Off the Menu (Mile High Matched, #3)

Take It Off the Menu

(Mile High Matched #3)

Saying “I Do” has never been such a mess.

Marlee Medford just got dumped. Yes, things have become ho-hum in her longtime relationship, but she was two days away from walking down the aisle with the man she thought was her forever when he called it off. Convincing herself that they’d be able to reignite their spark once the wedding craziness settled? That was easy. Suddenly
Published August 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Take It Off the Menu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take It Off the Menu

Start your review of Take It Off the Menu (Mile High Matched, #3)
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christina Hovland Fans, Romance
4 Taking the Moments Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
This series has been a fun ride for me. I have enjoyed getting to know Christina Hovland style and humor. I know I am really into a book when I am reading and what is on the page makes me start talking out loud and even to a co-worker about the crazy thing that just happened...As if it was a real-life experience. When I started this story and reached a couple of early turning points, I did just that!

Marlee Medford was prepared for her soon to be life
Syndi
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first read by miss Hovland. I have to say, it does not leave strong impression. The idea of the story is promising. The execution is mediocre.

What does not work for me is the cheracter development and chemistry. I can not feel it. The relationship between Eli and Marlin is suppose to be funny. But it is not.

Overall, i do not hate the book nor like it either.

3 stars
Claire Robinson
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "What did I get myself into with you..?" Stars!

The third book in the Mile High Matched series gives us Eli’s book, I loved his dry humour in the previous two, and Christina had me crying with laughter at some of the antics he got himself talked into getting involved in, in Take it off The Menu.

"You make me feel too much."

Marlee and Eli are opposites in every way, while he is insular, low-key, not interested in commitment and from humble beginnings, Marlee is a people person, loves being in a
Sophia
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
When crusty, loner, Eli showed up suddenly at his friends' party with a wife, I just knew that story was going to be a fun one. This author excels at fun, feel-good romantic comedies among a set of friends who are small business owners in the Denver area. I look forward to each new release to get the next fun and flirty story.

Take It Off the Menu is book three in the Mile High Matched series. It's a standalone connected to the previous books because of a group of single friends who slowly are fi
Kahea
***5 ‘Exactly The Same’ Stars***

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the previous books in the series and couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one, especially after reading the blurb, and I was not disappointed! This was such a fun read. I loved every moment ~ even when I wanted to Gibbs smack and/or gut a few people with a spoon ~ and really wished there were more words to read because hanging out with this crew is all kinds of fun!

Eli. Okay I was already swooning over the guy because of the chef thing
Jypsy
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Inkslinger and the author for a complimentary copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

Take It Off The Menu
By: Christina Hovland

*REVIEW* 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Take It Off The Menu is the first book I've read by Christina Hovland, but it won't be the last. I've always been a fan of romcoms and such. This story is adorable despite its bleak beginning. Marlee is dumped two days prior to her wedding, but if she's being honest, Marlee is actually relieved. This guy, Scotty, takes her house, his place in
Anja H.
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*4 CHEF STARS*

Christina Hovland is quickly becoming one of my favorite romance others and I'm not mad about it!
After reading four of her books I can safely say she can do no wrong!
After Brek and Jase, it was finally Eli's turn to get a book and I loved him sooo much!

Received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Alison
Glorious romantic comedy.

When your fiancé dumps you two days before the wedding, keeps the house, the honeymoon, his job in your family business and apparently your parents too, what's a girl to do? Well a blow-out girls' weekend in Vegas sounds like the answer!

Eli has been looking after his little sisters most of his life, when his sister's BFF Marlee's wedding gets cancelled (a wedding he was supposed to be catering BTW) he is there for Marlee as always, but when the girls decide to go to Vega
Annika
DNF at 35%
So.. these people are supposed to be adults, right? Like late 20s if I remember correctly? Just checking 'cause...
... what the heck, man? That court scene was utterly ridiculous, and not in a good way. And I wish I could say that was the only time they were behaving like lobotomized teenagers. But it wasn't. And her parents? Ugh. I can't.

Which is a shame because I actually enjoyed the first few chapters.

No rating, obvs.

ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Aaly
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

Delightfully fun and sweet, with feel-good romantic vibes that made me smile so many times I lost count.

Review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review ***

I am a huge fan of Christina Hovland’s Mile High Matched series. From the moment I met these bunch of friends, I knew that they would have some interesting things to share.

What happened in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? Not for Eli and Marlee. Friends w
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

This book is a light, sweet romance that is also a very quick read. This story is more than a romance!

Read full review in the 2020 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jules
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Take It Off the Menu is the third book in Christina Hovland’s Mile High Matched series. It is more contemporary romance than romantic comedy, and it is absolutely delicious! Each of the books in this series focuses on a different guy in a tight group of friends. In this latest installment, Denver socialite, Marlee Medford, pushes her best friend’s brother, Chef Eli Howard, way out of his comfort zone.

From the first page to the last, I was hooked on this story. The characters are delightful, and
Sandee
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining and delightful romantic comedy. It engaged every emotion, has 'real' characters and the drama comes from character growth not contrived situations. Apparently, this is part of a series but I had no idea. It reads wonderfully as a stand-alone. I will be seeking out the other books in this series and other books by Christina. I highly recommend this book. I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy from Hidden Gems ...more
Pooja (Penningtales)
Please note: I received an advance digital copy of this book through NetGalley from Victory Editing in exchange for a honest review. This does not influence my opinions in any way.

Two days before her wedding, Marlee is dumped by her fiancé Scotty and her first thought is effort it’s take to cancel the wedding. The spark in their relationship had faded long ago, but she had hope it’d rekindle after the wedding. But when she discovered Scotty had left her to deal with the fall out alone while he
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★★★☆ (3/5 Stars)
Title: Take It Off the Menu
Content Rating: R
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “Do you know how scary it is to be the one who loves you more?”
Overall Opinion:
A good old best friend older brother trope which oddly enough I'm not the biggest fan of that was actually sorta kinda cute. From the get-go, yo
Avidez Literaria
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"She was only falling in love with the guy who had the power to totally decimate the remains of her tattered heart."

Eli was hired as a caterer to the wedding of his youngest sister's best friend. What he didn't expect was to have to comfort a jilted bride, take part on a girl-only trip to Vegas and end the weekend with a different marital status. One that makes him shiver.

Marlee planned her wedding for eighteen months and is now married. But with the wrong groom. After being abandoned two days b
Ri
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book was exactly what I needed to get out of the dry spell I had been having lately. It was flirty, fun, and heartfelt. I just recently discovered this author and have loved everything that I have read so far. This author has a knack for keeping the balance between funny and also sweet. The characters are always perfect. Not just for each other but just perfect in a normal sense. They have insecurities and fears like real everyday people do.

Has the accidental marriage in Vegas bee
Jody Holford
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I love this series. Diving back into Brek, Velma and their friends-- this time with Eli and Marlee-- was like getting together with old friends. It was funny, sweet, sexy, and a great addition to an already awesome series. The humor of Babushka being mirrored by Marlee and her girls was very enjoyable. The sweet moments totally tugged at my heart and I found myself smiling several times.
I read this because it was about a chef and I'm food-obsessed. ...more
Kari Hansen
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marlee thought she had found the perfect man to spend the rest of her life with as not only did he fit perfectly in her life but in her family as well. No one was more surprised that she was when he suddenly cancelled the wedding but losing him wasn’t the worst part it was the way that people reacted that hurt the most so when her friends suggested a getaway to Vegas it seemed like the perfect plan.

Eli has always put the needs of those he cared about first and himself second. When he needed to s
I received a copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Content notes:
(view spoiler)
Maha
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
THIS REVIEW WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON SUNSHINE N' BOOKS

let’s just say i’m glad i finished this book.

TAKE IT OFF THE MENU was probably the messiest, most this-can’t-get-any-more-ridiculous-but-somehow-it-does book i have ever read. it follows marlee, who’s perfect life is thrown off the window when she gets dumped by her boyfriend two days before their marriage. her friends decide to take her to vegas to get over it. next morning, BOOM! she’s married to her best friend’s brother, eli.

i mean, y
Nicole Collins
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Take It Off the Menu by Christina Hovland is the third book in the Mile High Matched series, but it reads as a standalone book. I actually didn’t even realize this book was part of a series until I’d finished!

This was a really sweet, fun book. My first thoughts were that this book wasn’t anything that I hadn’t already read before. Cute, light, fun to read, but nothing epic. However, as I got farther and farther into the book, I started to become more and more invested in what was happening to t
books are love
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a hoot. Eli is the one you can just rely on. He was there for his family when they needed him even sacrificed going to a culinary school overseas for them. Always ready to bail his sister and her friends out or be a shoulder for them to lean on. Eli is the one you want in your corner. I think because he always had so much on his shoulders at a young age he has steered clear of relationships. Now he is a hot chef and one that is sweet, reliable, kind, gentle and amazing but fears relatio ...more
Melliane
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en français

My English review

I really liked the other novels in this series, so I was really looking forward to immersing myself in a new volume and discovering a new couple at the same time!

Marlee’s life was turned upside down in an instant when her fiancé explained that he no longer wanted to marry her two days before the ceremony. And even if she realizes that her feelings towards him have changed, it’s a hard blow. Worse than that, he doesn’t want to leave their home, he wants to c
Elaine
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
In short, this was boring. For some reason it feels like it took me forever to finish this book. It was fine. Not great, not awful, just ok. Nothing stands out, neither in a good nor in a bad way. The characters are bland and the storyline predictable. Before the halfway mark I was already skimming in hope of getting to something interesting again. This story line had so much potential and I so desperately wanted to like it. It wasn't a bad book, nothing special really bothered me about it but n ...more
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Interesting take on an accidental marriage! Marlee has been planning her wedding for over a year, and two days before her hard work comes to fruition, her fiancé decides to break it off all while thinking it can be done amicably. Leaning on the support of her friends, she packs up her belongings and decides to take a long weekend in Vegas to get her mind off of it. While there, her best friend’s brother, Eli, tags along in order to keep the girls in line as they have a history of getting rowdy. ...more
Mari
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute take on a married in Vegas story and what happens after. Marlee was reeling from a marriage that didn't happen. Eli her bestfriend's brother is always there to rescue them. Hence these two got the one drunken night in Vegas happen. They are vast opposites in lifestyle too, Eli a caterer and chef, Marlee a tmDenver socialite. Only their marriage has consequences Marlee gets cut off.

They got a divorce in play but in the mean time Marlee libmved with Eli. Unbeknownst to everyone Eli
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Finally we get Eli's story and what a story it is. We got a slight taste of it in the previous book, however Marlee and Eli are a brilliant match.

Marlee and Eli have know each other for many years as she is one of his sisters best friends and he has had to bail them out from trouble many times in the past.

However after Marlee's fiancee dumps her two days before their wedding he and her friends turn up to pack her t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Space Cowgirl: Houston, All Systems Go (Space #2)
  • Space Junk: Houston, We Have a Hottie (Space #1)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • (Not) The Boss of Me
  • How To Wife Your Nanny
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • One More Song
  • Space Age: Houston, Prepare to Launch (Space #0.5)
  • Big Pickle
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Reforming Hunt (Cade Brothers #4)
  • Knocked Up by the Mountain Man (Mountain Men of Liberty, #3)
  • Troublemaker
  • Caught in the Lies
  • Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
  • Viral
  • All of Me
Christina Hovland lives her own version of a fairy tale: an artisan chocolatier by day and romance writer by night. Born in Colorado, Christina received a degree in journalism from Colorado State University. Before opening her chocolate company, Christina’s career spanned from the television newsroom to managing an award-winning public relations firm. She’s a recovering overachiever and perfection ...more

Mile High Matched (4 books)
  • Going Down on One Knee (Mile High Matched, #1)
  • Blow Me Away (Mile High Matched #2)
  • Do Me a Favor (Mile High Matched, #4)