Start by marking “Drowned Country (The Greenhollow Duology, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drowned Country (The Greenhollow Duology, #2)

Drowned Country

(The Greenhollow Duology #2)

Drowned Country is the the stunning sequel to Silver in the Wood, Emily Tesh's lush, folkloric debut. This second volume of the Greenhollow duology once again invites readers to lose themselves in the story of Henry and Tobias, and the magic of a myth theyve always known.

Even the Wild Man of Greenhollow cant ignore a summons from his mother, when that mother is the
Expected publication: June 16th 2020 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Drowned Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drowned Country

Start your review of Drowned Country (The Greenhollow Duology, #2)
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: gay mc & li

henry silver takes being a dramatic gay to such new heights!!!

rtc
Magali
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this book deserves a fair and coherent five star review instead of just jenny-slate-screams.gif repeated 500 times, which is what my heart wants to post, so i will try my best. full disclosure: i got access to this ARC by existing in the periphery of several fantasy authors (including the author), and also, ive had Some Wine ahead of a budget airline flight, but honestly given the way i tend to review, that will probably help matters.

my overall impression is: JESUS CHRIST!!!!

ive said it before
The Artisan Geek
Dec 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
10/12/19
'Drowned Country is the haunting follow-up to Emily Tesh's lush, folkoric debut, Silver in the Wood.'
ME:

I read Silver in the Wood a couple of months ago and loved it!! Can't wait to read more of Tesh's work :)

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Lauren James
I loved the first book in this series, and gulped this one down the second it landed on my kindle. These characters are just brilliant, and the magic is unique and inventive. You could read this for the lush descriptions of nature alone and still have a great time.
Jack
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Copy provided by NetGally for an honest review

some minor spoilers may be mentioned

I am so so happy to have been recommend Emily Tesh. Back last year when Silver in the Wood was doing the rounds, all my friends were talking about it. And for good reasons too. There was something...just right about it. I mean, I'm a fan of all things whimsy, and fairies and fairy tales always tick the box for me.

Drowned Country brings us back to Silver and Tobias Finch, two years after the events of Silver in
Megan
Soft and dreamy, but with so many teeth, this book is just a beautiful as Silver in the Wood if not moreso. It's like the ragged, raw edges of old, soft tweed; it's full of filtered light and misted rain, eldritch gods whose magic pales against that of the humans who wander this mystical setting. It aches and I love it with my entire soul.
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Thank you to Tor and Netgalley for the review copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not change my opinion in anyway.

Drowned Country is the sequel to Silver in the Wood, which I am sad to say is apparently only a duology! Weeps forever.

Where Silver in the Wood started us off with a beautiful eerie forest setting, Drowned Country is different. Instead we find the eerie more through our characters who are trying to just find their way in the world as the end of the last novella
Sheila Goicea
Feb 29, 2020 marked it as cover-love-but-not-interested
Shelves: 2020-releases
I don't plan on reading, but goodness me, that cover is everything I want in a cover.

My Blog ¦ Bookstagram ¦ Twitter ¦ Pinterest ¦ Facebook
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Amy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Between this and The Monster of Elendhaven I guess my new favorite genre is dark seaside town fantasy featuring supernatural gay yearning.
Em Jay
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
*Puts down Kindle.*

*Stares out window for a long, long, time.*

*Leaves to find the Hallow Wood.*

HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS SERIES BEFORE???? I'M FURIOUS IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG FOR THESE BOOKS TO COME ONTO MY RADAR. Full disclosure, I haven't read the first book in Emily Tesh's duology, but you can bet your favourite cat that I'll be reading it soon. I'm desperate to find out what happened with Fay! But DROWNED COUNTRY stands remarkably well on its own, yet another entry in the Tor.com series that
Dark.Side.of.the.Tome
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually get into short stories but this series in general didn't feel like a short story.

These books are so well written and descriptive that you just get sucked right in! I didn't want to put it down.

I'm a sucker for anything "green man" and folklore! This series does not dissapoint. So much creativity and intrigue.

The characters are dynamic and I actually cared about them in the short times I've had with them.

If you like folklore, magic and a good love story, I HIGHTLY reccomend this
Asher
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely follow up to the first novella! Tesh writes such tender emotions, I was almost crying at the end of the story. It's a quiet read and a lovely one. A perfect book for a rainy afternoon or late night. I wouldn't read this as a standalone, although there isn't anything stopping you, other than some large spoilers for Silver in the Wood.
Karin
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
While I enjoyed this and was happy to return to Henry and Tobias, I preferred Silver in the Wood, maybe because I wasn't expecting anything as wonderful as it was. Whereas this book, because of that one, I had expectations. It has the same beautiful writing and a mix of sadness, humor, and joy. It's just hard for me to give it a 5 without wanting to then go back and give Silver in the Wood a 6.
Racheal
Full RTC closer to publication, but basically this series feels like Seanan McGuire's Wayward Children series in that it's got some beautiful fey magic to it that manages to keep me coming back despite some serious issues.
Freya Marske
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
You know it's a good novella when you want to thwap the narrator across the head repeatedly, but ALSO reach the end and want to turn back to the first page and read it again at once. Even more fascinating magic, tense moments, and glorious emotional twists than the first one.
Candice Ryan
Mar 16, 2020 rated it liked it
An interesting story ... different from the typical fantasies. Fairies being ugly and demented instead of beautiful and powerful...

All in all it was an interesting read, but strange. Not one I would be interested in keeping on my shelves.
Teddy
Feb 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-to-read, lgbtq
5 February 2020:

A SEQUEL, YOU SAY?????
Courtney
Jan 31, 2020 marked it as to-read
I'm soooo excited for this follow-up to what I previously believed was a standalone read! Also look at that cover! *heart eyes for dayyyssssss*
Eshana Ranasinghe
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
RTC
Katy
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars of tooth-rotting fluff
Margaret
Such a great second volume in the greenhollow series. Too much to ask for more escapades with Tobias, Silver, Mrs. Silver, and Maud? I hope not!
Emily
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Ultimately quite sweet, even if I dont care about Henry or his POV nearly as much as Tobias. ...more
Lauren
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Drowned Country. It was soft and sweet, hopeful by turns and then full of despair. But it never gave up, and the characters' lives turned out like a fairy tale.Once again, Tesh's writing is lush and descriptive, immersing you in a world of trees, moss, and decay. The supernatural for the most part seems natural, but the dramatic masque (no spoilers) was chilling nonetheless.
Kassie
Tim
Mar 26, 2020

• Upright Women Wanted
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • Moontangled (The Harwood Spellbook, #2.5)
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • Wild Game: My Mother, Her Lover, and Me
  • The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Flyaway
  • A Delicate Deception (Regency Imposters, #3)
  • The Future of Another Timeline
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Love Lettering
  • The Empress of Salt and Fortune
  • Finna
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Magic Required (Wizard for Hire, #3)
EMILY TESH grew up in London and studied Classics at Trinity College, Cambridge, followed by a Master's degree in Humanities at the University of Chicago. She now lives in Hertfordshire.

The Greenhollow Duology (2 books)
  • Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)