Start by marking “If I Found a Wistful Unicorn: A Gift of Love” as Want to Read:
If I Found a Wistful Unicorn: A Gift of Love

If I Found a Wistful Unicorn: A Gift of Love

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The disarmingly simple text goes straight to the heart of what love really is, whether it is the love of a parent for a child or a romantic love between two adults. Through thoughtful and fanciful questions Ashford explores what we risk when we ask for love and what special rewards may be waiting for us in return. Subdued watercolor illustrations perfectly capture the book ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Peachtree Publishers (first published November 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about If I Found a Wistful Unicorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Found a Wistful Unicorn

Bambi
Jan 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Wow, this little book is profound to me. It packs such a punch in so few words. The last page is the clencher though. Great gift for a loved one, family member or friend. I have not had a lot of luck finding it in the local market but have found it amazon.com when I have needed a copy.

Very special little book. I think everyone who has ever loved someome or has been loved by someone should own a copy of this book. I all ready have copies for my kids when they get older. I can't decide whether to
Carrie
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of my favorite books that I remember my mother reading me. She wrote a beautiful note in the front and I still open it and read it when I feel sad!
Emile Mirra
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Pending.
Mailee
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a book my mom had and read to my siblings and I as little kids. I absolutely love it! Just the right amount of whimsy. A great way to share that showing you love someone is done in special and simple ways.
Kaethe
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wistful.

(I had an earlier, miniature copy in high school when I loved unicorns and the Society for Creative Anachronisms and heraldry. I'm that kind of geek.)

Maggy Irene
Aug 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Themes: what you would do for someone you love
Tara
Jun 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
I do believe that this is the weirdest children's book I have ever read. I can appreciate what the author was trying to do, but it was just not for us.
Rachel
i loved this book as a child!
Erin
Sep 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love children's books. This one I have had for 23 years. It is beautiful.
Ferret
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrensbooks
This book involves a pet turnip. Its only attraction is the where's waldoish game of finding the unicorn hidden on every page, sometimes in incredibly silly locations.
Marcia
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweeeet....very sweet.
Judith
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is one of my favorite books from my childhood. Given to me by my uncle, I spent hours looking at the watercolor images trying to find the mystical unicorn.
Julie Gaglione
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite children's books in history...adults will love it as well.
Jacquelynn Fritz
I re-read this book before I lent it to a friend. This is one of my favorite children's book and I have given this book to many friends as a baby present. I love what it says about friendship.
Beverly
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
Not really a book about a unicorn, but a book about kind things one can do for another.
Tiger
Jul 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most simple and most brilliant book ever to me. :)
Kerri
A unique love poem that makes my heart smile.
Judy
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have and read this book because my Uncle is Bill Drath is the Illustrator.
It is an adorable book for a child..
Amy
Jul 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-read, own
I bought this book for my son. He loved it as a child, and now that he's a teenager, he still likes it.
Janga
Aug 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Like all the best children's books, this one tells truths that never fail to touch the heart.
Njones