Start by marking “Filomena (Skins #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Filomena (Skins #2.5)

Filomena

(Skins #2.5)

"Don’t feel bad for me, I’m a sinner. I wear the cross not because I’m worthy, but because I need it more than anyone else, more than any faithful, pure heart. I need it like any other sinner, as a shield, to help me not fall into the vortex of sin."

Are you ready for Donna Filomena - The Lady of the Mafia? Are you ready for her deepest secrets, her lies, her sacrifices?
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Filomena, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Filomena

Start your review of Filomena (Skins #2.5)
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cherry popper Filomena by Rossi is so tragically beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes.
The whole plot IS ONE BIG LIE and it's all been meted out to Filomena Del Monte. She is the proverbial Lamb led to the slaughter by her keeper himself, albeit reluctantly, but what does it matter to teh lamb on its way to mincemeat!!

description

"It had been a trade. I’d been part of the bargain—nothing but a product, an investment, a bridge between the two families."
From day one poor Filomena has been lied to, restri
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella is based on Filomena, she's the mother of Alejandro De La Crux from Skins and Scars, Which I strongly recommend you read first.

This is Donna Filomena's POV and man does she has a lot to say.
The truth comes to light, people may not like it, but it is what it is.

Her reasons for marrying Alonso— a monster, a wolf in sheeps clothing —and becoming Filomena De la Cruz all those years ago.

The reasons behind, why she is the badass fierce lady she is today and stares death in the eye and as
Tre Talbot
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What did I just read?! WOW! I was hooked reading Scars and now hearing Donna Filomena’s story I am absolutely blown away. This can undoubtedly be read as a standalone and either before or after Scars but I will tell you now that it is a MUST read novella what will have you gasping and squeezing your ebook device so tight as you’re taken down memory lane with Filomena and her boys. My heart breaks for Roberto, that man is caring, welcoming and just embraced all of your sides. Learning how Alonso ...more
TopsieJ
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!!!

Oh I loved this book so much!!!
I absolutely love Laura's writing style, which has been displayed beautifully here, giving us Filomena's life story so far.
And what an amazing woman Filomena is! Yes, she made some controversial choices, but when she loved......boy did she love!!!!
This story was heartbreaking at times; smoking hot and sexy at others!! It is the perfect continuation of Scars and I just can't wait to get my hands on Crux! Highly recommended!!
Written In Red Book Blog
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jo
The past becomes more confronting and real when its put in front of you, sometimes it takes a moment, just a small moment for you to realise that the past cant be re-written, choices made cant be undone but maybe...just maybe you can stop history repeating itself.

This is Donna Filomena's story, and how she become Filomena De la Cruz, the Matriarch of the Mafiosi!!

A compelling Novella that is heartbreaking, brutal, dark and raw...

Rossi has written this Novella through the eyes of Filomena hersel
Michelle
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW!!! Laura has smashed it out of the park again, with this Scars Novella, as we are taken deep into the intricate world of the Mafiosi through Donna Filomena's eyes. So addictive are her words as we read about a Mothers anguish as she tries to keep her children safe and a Wife’s struggle as she comes to terms with her lot in life. I can not wait for the next book, Crux ......
Leanne
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this is more like it!
My reviews for both Skins and Scars said I wanted to see more of the characters and Laura definitely delivered!
I absolutely adored getting to find out about how the ballsy matriarch we met previously became the woman she has.
This is a tale of love lost and broken hearts but with a dark edge.
It's a quick, punchy read and I absolutely cannot wait for Crux!
K.M. Lowe
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good!

Ah, another dark read from Bella Rossi. Going back in time reading about Filomena's life, why Alejandro turned out the way he did, why filomena helped Andrea, and why their lives aren't so very different makes Filomena a good edition to the Scars series.
Lou
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filomena gives us a whole new perspective on the cruel, twisted world of the De La Crux Mafiosi. Filomena is told from the point of view of Donna Filomena. Donna Filomena started off as the daughter of The Duke Antonio Del Monte. Little did Donna Filomena know that she had been offered to Alonso De La Crux as part of a deal, a deal made between her father and his. Now Alonso was there to collect his prize!
This book tells us of Donna Filomena’s life, it begins when she is introduced to Alonso and
Coco.V
Feb 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/13/2020)! 🎁
hopelesslyinlovewith_books
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book slayed me!!!

Wow! Just when I felt things couldn’t get anymore emotional than what I felt reading Scars I’m hit with this book! Just when I thought Alejandro was the Devil, his father was even worse! It totally explains so much about Alejandro and what made him who he was in Scars. I’m so glad Filomena had stood up for herself. I’m so glad she did what she did. I totally and completely understood her. Being a mother, you’ll do anything for your children. This books was so good! The wri
Maria Angie Mendoza
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!
This fast paced quick read was gripping, intense and captivating !
Now I have to confess I had not read the prior books in this series Skins and Scars. While I was at a slight disadvantage understanding some events, I had NO problems enjoying this read.
This is Filomena’s story. She is the mother of Alejandro de la Crux. Told in her POV.
Holy mother of dragons does she have a story to tell. She’s fierce and unapologetic for the decisions she’s made. Her character was flawlessly developed!
Eileen Robinson
Shelves: 5-star-reads
oh wow!! I may just have to rant a little bit!!
Filomena De La Crux the mother of Alejandro Del La Crux, the vile, Monster of a Man we met in Skins and Scars: Sequel to Skins. I really didn't like Filomena in either of these books, how could a mother stand by a son, A demon unless she was just as bad as him or just a plain cold hearted witch that enjoyed her position of the Mafia Matriarch !!!
I love a book that grips me, lures me, and throws my mind into a tailspin, do i want to hate this charac
Shelly Reynolds
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia
"How can you fight evil with kindness when that dark force is killing you?"

I absolutely loved getting a glimpse in to the life of this woman. You meet her in Skins, and in Scars, both of which you should read before you read this one. You didn't get to know too much about her before, but now, after reading this, and learning how she started out living the dream she always imagined, only to have it turn in to her biggest nightmare, my heart aches for her!

She was deceived by those who were suppos
Louise
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from this author!

Always adore this authors books and Filomena is one that will stick with me. Love this universe that she has created. So dark & twisted but enthralling.

Can’t wait for more!
Sabrina Frontschek
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely brilliant. It took us through the life of Filomena and her daily living with a corrupt, money/power hungry mafioso. Between all the lies, and deceit, Filomena had to keep up with publicly being the perfect wife, all while trying to protect herself and her children. I Loved Skins and Scars - but this book is on a whole different level of love. I could feel Filomena's emotions, and I was routing with her the whole time. Thank you for this delightful read (also thank you fo ...more
Sheri Lemay
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must-read

I absolutely love Laura Rossi’s books. She is definitely on my list of must buy authors. This series of books has kept me in the edge of my emotions and once I start reading, I can’t put it down. Filomena was no different. I definitely recommend this book.

Clayr Catherall
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Laura Lee
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filomena: A Scars Novella needs to be read after you devour both Skins and Scars. Trust me on this one, you will want to know how a mother who gave birth to 2 sons made the choices that she did.

Donna Filomena is a strong woman. One who lived through it all. Being the wife to Alonso De la Crux, she listened, she learned, she watched. She became the person she had to in order to survive. She became the strongest woman, one who would do anything to protect her children.

This is her story. Its a unv
Gail
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book was so good.. very different from what I usually read.. it was a super fast read as well.. it flowed perfectly. Thus is the first book I’ve read from thus author but I guess not the first in the set. I didn’t feel like I missed anything.. I feel this could be read as a stand alone and have no worries... now I need to find the others in this set..
I just loved Roberto.. I hope that some time we will get to hear from or get a book for the other son... now off to find Alejandro’s bo
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is told from Donna’s point of view and gives a glimpse into what her live was like, and why she made the decisions she did to go against her son. This is a beautifully written story which is heartbreaking, dark, and emotional, twisted, with secrets, and is a steamy read. I am in awe of this gifted author, and the attention to detail she gives to her characters and intricate plots. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I highly recommend her work for all.
Angela
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe that this story has been my favorite above all the story of the other characters!!! Filomena is Really amazing and a strong woman, I went to hate her to Love her in a second .
If you want a stir they blow your mind this is the right one!!
Thank you Laura Rossi you are amazing

Denise
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one evening. This story sheds a lot of light on why Alejandro and Ramirez turned out they way they did. Filomena has led a hard and heartbreaking life to try and save her sons. This is an eye opening addition to this series and you definitely don’t want to miss it!
DarkRaven Reviews
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully descriptive. This author has a wonderful writing style and the story carries itself beautifully. This book truly captured me right from the very start.
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
But I wasn’t going to allow anyone to use me without getting something back-without using them too.

The lady of the De La Crux mafia Donna Filomena…

With her hardened exterior with hidden scars and calculated resourceful mind Filomena is not a woman to be taken lightly.

But how did a girl who was seeking an escape fall so far into a sinister trap?

“I’ll make you my queen; I’ll give you everything your heart desires, mia bella Filomena. We can rule the world together, what do you say?”

Alonso De la C
Sharon
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this book we get to really see who Filomena is and what she has lived through and done. The author has done a wonderful job drawing me in as a reader into this story and really feeling the heartache that Filomena experienced. It’s a wonderful read.

Tayra Sanders
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book hooked me from the beginning. I just couldn’t put it down. I fell for these characters and, what a story just perfect.
Monja De Jager
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, what a book! Never judge a book by its cover and this applies to Filomena in more ways than one.

The hurts she holds within her, her despair, heartache, secrets and love.

What a woman! I loved this one, but then I love all of Laura's work. This is one lady who knows how to write a book, its story and characters. Always, surprises and brilliant finishes
Alison
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Eye Opening, Dark, Powerful Stars!!!

Donna Filomena had secrets, dark dangerous secrets. It’s time for Donna Filomena to tell us her story.

This Novella is a dark story, one of deceit, lies, sacrifice and broken hearts, this story is an eye opener into the life of Donna Filomena, the hard, strong, determined Mafia Lady from the Scar series by Laura Rossi.

This story has you rethinking all you thought you knew of Donna Filomena and her son. Do I feel sorry for her? No, however I did feel a lot o
Melissa
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart. Broken.

My heart aches for Filomena and at the same time, I love this woman! She is smart, beautiful, cunning, seductive and most importantly, fierce! She is not to be messed with. Beautifully written and brings a much deeper understanding to Scars. Thank you AGAIN, Laura for pouring yourself into another amazing story.

• The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Payback Is a Bitch: Selling my Soul - Part Five
  • The Queen (Sanguine #1)
  • Never Really Over: Selling my Soul - Part Four
  • Ashes to Ashes: Selling my Soul - Part Three
  • Bad For Me
  • Australia
  • Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers #3)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Ice Queen (An Angel of Mine Story)
  • Eves (Carson Brothers, #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Hate Struck (Maddison High #1)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Playing with Fire