Start by marking “Midnight Fae Academy: Book One (Midnight Fae Academy #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Fae Academy: Book One (Midnight Fae Academy #1)

Midnight Fae Academy: Book One

(Midnight Fae Academy #1)

Welcome to Midnight Fae Academy.
Home of the Dark Arts.
Vampires.
And cruelly handsome fae.

A forbidden bite led to my capture and recruitment.
There are no flowers here.
No life.
Only death.

I'm an Earth Fae who doesn't belong here.
They can play their little mind games all they want, but I'm going to find a way back to my elemental world. Even if it kills me.

Except Headmaster
Published February 22nd 2020 by Ninja Newt Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Fae Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Fae Academy

Start your review of Midnight Fae Academy: Book One (Midnight Fae Academy #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
49923752._SX318_SY475_

So adored this first instalment in the midnight fae academy it was bloody fantastic and I read it in one sitting.
So if you have read the Elemental fae academy trilogy you will remember Aflora the earth fae heir, if not no matter as it doesn't need to be read as this is a standalone series just occupying the same world.
So Aflora while in the human world is bitten by Shade a midnight death fae initiating an illegal mating bond.
she is transported to the midnight fae academy for judgement and
Poplora
So. Every now and again I take a wild chance on a bully RH.

I did not win the lottery this time lmfao

Not a fan of the "being attracted to your rapist/ sexual abusers" trope.

I get it's a fantasy, but I can't wrap my head around it. It just angers me.

(view spoiler)
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Wow, this book will grab you by the throat, push you up against the wall and seriously f**c with your mind. And you'll enjoy every moment of it.

This felt almost like a bully romance at first, poor Aflora was treated so badly by both Shade and Kols. I totally and utterly wanted to throat punch them both. But then we start seeing another side to each guy and they rather grew on me and along with Zeph they make great partners for Aflora.

There are so many mysteries swirled together and just as one
Amara
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Louise
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In retrospect, I really shouldnt have read this book. Not because I hated it, but because I am so freaking desperate for the next instalment that had I the option to find a way to sneak inside this authors head, I absolutely would. I wouldnt think twice about doing whatever it took either.

Alas, I have to wait, [insert reluctant and gritting teeth face] PATIENTLY. Patience and me, not a term I find myself associating with. However, I begrudgingly will. For I have no doubt that the next
Heather andrews
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shadow is quite the cocky man, a willow stump, he repeated, considering. Most women refer to my ***k as more of a tree trunk than a stump, but we can elaborate on the nuances of my girth later..." The man is such a tease, "Shade said, then caught my chin and lifted my gaze to his. As does my shower and bed offer. With a wink, he turned toward the door.." I liked this book, I loved the characters and I can't wait for more. ...more
Jessaca Willis
That Ending!!!!

Well this is a first. I am unsure of what rating to give this book.

Every time I read, I write my review as I go, that way I can take notes on key moments I liked/didnt like. At the introduction of this story, I was feeling it as a solid 4 star book. I had just tried reading about a dozen other academy books that I had to DNF because they just werent gripping me, so I thought:

This is the One! The academy book that gets me hooked on the genre!

The writing and the world building had
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart is still pounding from this highly addictive and emotional read! We met Aflora in Elemental Fae Academy. She came off as sweet and innocent. She's anything but! After being swept away against her will to the Midnight Fae Academy we learn so much about her. While she is sweet, she can also be lethal. She has a strong backbone and refuses to go down without a fight!

All the men she unwittingly drawls to her are so very different from each other. Shade is the mysterious one. He knows
Shelley
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Faetastic❣

Aflora is one of the last remaining Earth Royal Fae and is bitten by Shade, which is apparently highly illegal🤭 Now she finds herself forced to live and study at the Midnight Fae Academy, where everything is not as it seems and trust is precarious at best.

Kols and Zeph are instructed to help Aflora learn everything she needs to while at the Academy and to observe her powers😇 However, none of them could have ever predicted their attraction to Aflora and her sweet disposition or the
Katie
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Hangover Active...

Such a delicious read. An FMC trying to find her way in a place she doesnt want to be, 3 attractive males that she shouldnt want anything to do with but is drawn to each. Definitely three guys to vie for the title of next book boyfriend. The banter between the characters and the tension that builds kept me turning the pages and left me wanting more. This story ends on a cliffhanger, but as it is the first book of a trilogy the cliffhanger makes sense. I cant wait to see
Jennings
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Lexi's latest wonderful world, that of the dark arts and dark magic, where nothing is as it seems.

Forced into a world she doesn't understand, Aflora, the innocent Elemental fae princess, doesn't stand a chance and she's no match for the plotting, scheming, sexy Shade nor for future King Kols or his sidekick Guardian, Zeph. This book enthralled me from the first page, and I devoured it, couldn't wait to read more about the havoc that was unwittingly unleashed when with all three men
Elisha Nelson
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Come on over and explore the dark side with the gorgeous men of the Midnight Fae realm. Aflora, who we initially met as a side character in the Elemental Fae series, has no idea what shes getting into after she gets stood up by her date. There is plenty of mystery woven into this new sexy RH tale. Who would have thought that sweet Aflora could be so sassy! I thoroughly enjoyed every page of this book and I cant wait to see whats next. ...more
Tasha
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun quick read! Definitely intrigued to see where it goes from here. I definitely have more questions than answers.
Have Coffee Need Books
Welcome to Lexi C. Foss' Midnight Fae Academy, where all the sexy Midnight Fae come out to play.

Trayton Nacht? Book boyfriend material. Check
Kolstov Nacht? Book boyfriend material. Check
Headmaster Zephyrus? I'm not kicking him out of my bunk for cracker crumbs. Check, check.
Shade? 92% into Midnight Fae Academy, I fall completely and totally in love with Shadow. Team Shade 2020.

I'm unchecking boxes; I'm kicking Zeph out of my bunk for crumbs. I'm carving 'Ali loves Shade 4eva' in the drywall of
Jackie
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
not quite 4 & 1/2 stars
I did not realize this new series was split off the Elemental Fae Academy series when I started! I kept thinking "why does some of this sound familiar?" -then it hit me & it all made sense what the Déjà vu I was having was all about. A person does not need to read that series to appreciate this series, the world building is not dependent on that series, though that series was enjoyable itself.

I'll be honest, the first 20-30% was tough to get thru. Not because it
Jillian
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Ive been toying between three and four stars for this one.

Lately, I have been a sucker for the academy trope and this fits the bill like Cinderellas shoe.

Surprise academy enrollment? Check.
Bully romance? Check.
Nefarious council? Check.
Unique, unknown power within the main character? Check.
Some love-angst with a professor figure? Check.

That being said, I gobbled it right up. No shame here.

I do looove the angsty-love connection between Kols & Zeph. PHEW. Its hot. And definitely not
Joyffree
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy hotness

This is the first episode in the trilogy and it starts by dumping the reader right into the chaos.
No slow introduction -
Just reading along flipping the pages then
💥BAM!💥
All he 'll breaks loose

This is a slow build romance, the attraction is there from the opening scene.
The untapped desire alone is enough to ignite the local fauna (So not telling you will need to read that) but the taboo that lies on the other side?
No one is touching that.

It was a while before I connected with the
Dawn Higgins
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why oh Why do I read a book knowing it is going to end on a cliff hanger,the reason is that this author's writing is just so good that I just can't let this sit on my kindle for long, I knew once I had this I had to read it straight away,and OMG how good was this book,i freaking loved it.

I can't get enough of this author's story telling as I new I was going to like it, but saying that a few things had me thinking that this might not be for me, as it is a RH plus a bully read which yeah I don't
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Are you laughing at me? Do you find humor in him essentially raping me with his fangs and turning my world upside down?

Fan-fucking-tastic! I didn't want this book to end! Argh!!!! I'm so sad that I finished it in just a few hours. I was completely engrossed. Fascinated from start to finish. An inferno between these characters. My fingers felt the sizzle while turning the pages. Hot!

"Explore every inch of her.
Degrade her.
Claim her.
Fucking mark her."

So if you read The Elemental Fae Series,
Danielle Hilliard
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I finished this in record time because I couldn't put it down! Bravo to Lexi for completing an academy novel that didn't have the usual bitchy mean girls thing which takes over half the story. And this was full of story plus smoking hot characters that I want to wrap up and keep forever. We've met Alora in the Elemental Fae Academy series where she seemed like a delicate flower but she is anything but delicate in this book. I need to know what the hell is going on with Shade and Kols and ...more
Sharon Gillman
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well worth the wait

Let me begin by saying I read The Elemental Fae trilogy first and fell in love with Ms. Foss's writing, the characters, and the Fae world. When she informed us (her fans), okay, so maybe she informed everyone, that a new series was coming out called the Midnight Fae Academy, I could not pre-order it fast enough. Then I had to wait. And, wait a little bit more. Finally it arrived and low and behold it was sooooo worth the wait.

I loved Aflora from the Elemental Fae series and
Jean Bachen
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I read Lexi C. Foss's Elemental Fae Academy, I got a brief glimpse of the heroine from this story, Aflora, and I wasn't all that impressed with her. However, now that this book has shown me more of her, she has become one of my favorite characters of all time. Her naivety, shown by her adorably tame curse words when she is frustrated, is covering up a strength that even she doesn't know exists yet. And watching her grow is a wonderfully fun ride for the reader. Kols, Shade, and Zeph are ...more
Cathy
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. I don't know know if there are words for this book...maybe an I HATE YOU to the author for leaving me hanging and impatiently waiting for the next book in this series.

Aflora is so tough and yet she knows when to fight and when to go along with things for a purpose later. And man, does she have her hands full with these guys. I love her relationship with Ella on top of everything else.

Shadow and Kols and even Zeph took some time to really enjoy them, but they all grow on you over
Susan
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
FAEbulous!

LOVED my adventure to the Midnight Fae Academy.
This book has well and truly left its mark on me.
Aflora has been thrust into the Academy against her will by the sinfully sexy Shade, one bite and her fate has been sealed.

Now Aflora is pushed to her limits in the seductive world full of mystery, danger and Dark Magic.
In order to survive she needs to learn everything she can about the Midnight Fae and their magic but who can she trust.

I loved the chemistry and cheeky banter between
Ray Leigh
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Likes: well-written plot and layered characters, great to see a less common supernatural species used, i always admire an author's ability to make characters both likeable and unlikeable, continually flipping the reader's opinion (Zeph in particular!!)

Dislikes: I'm not the biggest fan of cliffhangers....and the sequel isn't out yet

Overall: 4/5 - I enjoyed this book / series and would happily read it again
Jenn Bonfadini
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wooooow!! Lexi has done it again!!

I dont know how she does it! Take us in and wraps us up in a whole new world of suspense and intrigue. Giving us just enough to keep us wanting more, but not revealing everything. Midnight Fae Academy is just amazing. I love the darkness of it, the uniqueness of each of her mates and how they treat her. I am so excited for book two and how thing play out. Wonderful!
Alina
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lexi is such a great author. Only a select few can really make me love a spin off series. Normally I'm not a fan, but I had to read this as Aflora was a favorite.
I'm so happy I did as I really loved diving back into this world; new and familiar characters and all. The writing flows and Lexi's creativity shines. I very much found the quirky humor, magic and plot to be entertaining, addicting and joyful.
I'm so ready for the next book.
Aleia L
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
💭

I cant wait to read the next book! Aflora is the Earth Fae heir and an encounter with Shadow a Midnight Fae turns her life upside down with a bite. Zeph and Kols dont really make things any better by being hot and cold with her. They all want to protect her and its clear shes more than what she thought she was. I enjoyed the riddles, secrets and mating.
Christina Burrus
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Aflora's snarkiness at the beginning!!! Another amazing first in the new Midnight Fae Trilogy by Lexi Foss!!! Lexi is such a talented author!!! If you haven't read her books what are you waiting for? I look forward to the next book in this amazing new series!!! Read and enjoy!!!
Victoria Bailey
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Ok that was amazing!!! Give me book two right now. That ending was amazing but also heartbreaking. RED THIS GEM OF A BOOK ASAP.

• Fae Trials (Royal Fae Academy #1)
  • Fae Mates (Royal Fae Academy #3)
  • Fae Games (Royal Fae Academy #2)
  • Touch of the Mage (Twyst Academy Book 1)
  • Impure (Ascension, #1)
  • Magical Academy for Delinquents (Pinnacle #1)
  • Shadowborn Prison (Dark Fae Paranormal Prison, #1)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • Conveniently Convicted (Paranormal Prison)
  • Supernatural Inmate (Supernatural Captivity #1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year Two (Dark Fae Academy #2)
  • Hidden Power (Academy of Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Fortune Academy: Year Two
  • Sacrifice (Her Soulkeepers, #1)
  • Forbidden Bond: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (Academy of Elemental Magic Book 2)
  • Wicked Wings (Seraphim Academy #1)
  • Vicious Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Sinful Things (Seraphim Academy # 2)
USA Today Bestselling Author Lexi C. Foss loves to travel and write in supernatural worlds. Paranormal romance is her favorite genre, but she dabbles in contemporary romance when she needs a break from the darker side of her mind.

Coffee is her addiction, swimming is her passion, and she has a not-so-secret adoration for eclipse chasing.

Lexi can be found on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Midnight Fae Academy (2 books)
  • Midnight Fae Academy: Book Two (Midnight Fae Academy #2)

News & Interviews