Start by marking “The Dichotomy of Angels” as Want to Read:
The Dichotomy of Angels

The Dichotomy of Angels

Nathaniel and Chasan are no ordinary angels.

Destiny chose them to be twin flames, fated mates. But Nathaniel has avoided Chasan for nearly a thousand years.

When sent to Earth on a mission to live and work together, Nathaniel comes face-to-face with his destiny. Short-tempered, petulant, and grumpy, he hates the idea of being fated to anyone and has chosen an existence of
Published December 25th 2019 by BlueHeart Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dichotomy of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dichotomy of Angels

Start your review of The Dichotomy of Angels
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Oh Heaven's mercy did I love this book! Who knew angels could be so wanton?

Chasan is an angel of air.

Nathaniel is an angel of fire.

They are destined to join souls, but Nathaniel has been avoiding Chasan for a thousand years. He has reasons (albeit selfish ones), which become clear as the story progresses.

In a last-ditch effort to push Chasan and Nathaniel together, Saint Peter sends them to New York city circa 2020 on a mission to save a human child. The angels must pose as husbands, share
Snjez
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Not my favorite by N.R. Walker, mainly because stories with angels are not really my thing. I've read quite a few, but for some reason they never fully grab me.

That being said, I really liked both MCs. Chasan was a sweetheart, and Nathaniel was adorably frustrating. I really enjoyed the first half of the book or so, Nathaniel was so much fun. The rest of the story was a bit predictable and less enjoyable for me, but that's just my personal preference.
~Volha~
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy, paranormal
** 4.5 stars **

I enjoyed this PNR romance set in New York City. Told from dual POVs it featured two angels who could be considered absolute opposites at least at first, a mission that was more than it seemed on the surface, love through the ages that survived impossible odds and a whole lot of forgiveness.

I liked Chasan a lot despite his sometimes too gentle nature that allowed Nathaniel to walk all over him, but in their pairing someone had to be compassionate and understanding or it would
haletostilinski
This was quite a read, overall.

I know as an atheist myself, I always go into anything with religion in it - whether it be angels or gods or just really religious people - with trepidation. I just never want to be lectured at through the text or have characters who are atheists or not interested in religion all the sudden change their mind and go "ah, this was the way all along!" because nah, I'm not about that. If a character gets there through means that makes sense and through good writing,
Chris
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it ... read this in one hit. While it was predictable, it was sweet, warm and made me smile. Sometimes a little joy and love is all we need ...more
Lelyana
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed The Dichotomy of Angels and Nathaniel and Chasan were easily became my favorite angels!
A thousand years neglected his fated mate with Chasan, finally St.Peter lost his patience, and put Nathaniel and Chasan on one assignment on earth. To safe a kid.
Assigned as kindergarten teachers, Nathaniel and Chasan started their new adventure together after a thousand years avoiding the assignment together (for Nathaniel at least).
Chasan loved Nathaniel forever, and Nathaniel afraid to admit
Caipi
I laughed a lot and I cried at one point, I totally enjoyed reading this unique story. Jill worded it perfectly during our BR, this book is cute but with so much depth!

It would be awesome if I could "summon" more books like this one! ;)

Eleeze
4.5*

What a good holiday story, even if indirectly so. The feeling of it and the message is so proper for the current times.
I really enjoyed the portrayal of all things celestial or divine and I laughed and raged and fell in love along with the characters
Fabi
One of the most original, heartwarming and giggle inducing PNR books I've ever read.

This unique twist on Angel Romance deserves a standing ovation.

Tammy
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Wow, it seemed like this was a longer book than it actually was! I thought Nathaniel was never going to get on the same page as Chasan . I was so happy just to finish this exhausting story! ...more
Joyfully Jay
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I’m not quite sure what I was expecting from The Dichotomy of Angels, but for some reason, I didn’t anticipate the lightness mixed in with the more serious elements. I really enjoyed the humor here and the bits of snark and fun. Some of this comes at Nathaniel’s expense, as he expresses his frustration at the human world with which he is mostly unfamiliar, as well as his irritation that he lost his ability to smite and to swear when he came to Earth (even worse, the
Donna
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars!
Sanaa
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

The Dichotomy of Angel's was a different book by N.R Walker. It was something my heart really wanted to read since I hadn't read anything in about 2 weeks (what felt like years).

I loved the 2 main characters and some of the side characters too. The story was so cute and it made me really happy. If you're looking to read a book of 2 angels then definitely give this a try.
Melissa
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars. This story had everything I love about NR Walker’s books. It was sweet, sexy, and surprisingly funny. It also had more angst than I was expecting. I don’t want to give anything away, so I don’t want to say much more. I really enjoyed the story.

I received an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Gabbi Grey
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, I cried, I pondered

As an atheist, I approached this book with caution. I needn’t have worried. Might some people be offended by it? Quite possibly. Is it worth reading? Absolutely.

Now, I didn’t come to that decision easily. As the book progressed, I vacillated back and forth between loving it, feeling annoyed at it, and being confused by it. I think, in the end, the humor helped win me over.

Nathaniel grimaced. “I wish I could still swear and smite things.” He put his hand to his
Lori
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
For me this was interesting because I am not a believer in anything paranormal. I don't have any problems with stories about angels as long as they aren't proselytizing. I actually enjoy many of them especially when there's humor involved and there were a bunch of times where I was giggling in this book.

Chasan was everything good, sweet and pure and Nathaniel was a ball of frustration and rage. They are supposed to be intertwined souls but Nathaniel felt his free-will was taken from him.

I loved
Athira
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, fantastic
Wow! I'm so in love with this book! Last read of the year and what an amazing way to end 2019.

Fake Marriage
Fated Mates
Frenemies to lovers
Slowburn
Opposites attract

Is there a more perfect book for me? N R Walker writes amazing books, and this one is not any different. It made me laugh throughout. Although I'm agnostic, I devoured this book. And I love how creative Nathaniel is with his swearing as he's banned from swearing.

Chasan and Nathaniel are total opposites. Fire and Air. Oh, Nathaniel!
Louis A
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As an atheist, i don’t usually care for angels and their tropes but this book was lovely. NR Walker- though had a couple of misses with me last year - outdid herself with this one. Dare I say it is as good as Red Dirt? very possibly, I’ll let the narration decide when it comes to audio.
Oh so good and baby goats with smushed faces to add
Sita
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read
I'm finding it hard to describe this book . . . I'm in a bit of a stupor.

I always love NR Walker's guys . . . her angels are no different. I adore the pairing of Chasan and Nathaniel -- they're different, but their differences make them strong together, they just have to get there.

This story was touching, funny, heart-wrenching, challenging, and I couldn't help but gobble it up.
michaela ⚘
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2019, m-m

This book was everything I could’ve hoped for and more.

Casan and Nathaniel are fates mated — which would be wonderful if it wasn’t for the fact that Nathaniel has been avoiding Casan for a thousand years and seems to be okay with continuing to do that.

That is until a mission pushes them together and makes them face not only one another but also themselves.

I adored Casan. He was so sweet and for the most part completely patient with Nathaniel. And, he needed A LOT of patience.

Nathaniel was
Shannon
I'm going to need for this book to be turned into a series, a la Cronin's Key, with Chasan and Nathaniel going off and doing additional assignments, except maybe ones that aren't as stressful and dangerous as the Scooby gang gets into.

Full review to come.
Bibliophile
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5. It's NR Walker, so you can't go wrong. I continue to love the way that she experiments with different types of stories and heroes--in this case, the celestial kind. That said, this wasn't my favorite story of hers. Still, I never regret reading her stories and I'm sure you won't as well. :)
Alex
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, fantasy
Wow! Another great story, i loved it!
AGandyGirl
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This just didn’t work for me and lacked in ways I’m not sure I can even articulate.

I enjoyed much of the first half (teared up several times) but once Nathaniel got his wits together it just fell pretty flat to me and them as a couple held little interest. Several aspects seemed very repetitive. Did you know that Nathaniel is quite frustrated that he cannot swear? Phew. Quite unfortunate as Walker is a fave for me. Maybe next time.
Teri
Jan 18, 2020 added it
RAting and Review to come
ML
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Had promise...

Ok. I need to say this first. NYC water is some of the best water in the country. Why do you think the pizza and bagels are SO amazing. No beta readers must be from NYC in the research of this book...Anyway. Just had to put that out there... back to my review...

This was basically a 5 hour book on the subject of whether or not Nathaniel and Chasan will break their angel bond. And Nathaniel not being able to curse/swear. It was very tedious and frustrating. And to be honest, pretty
Miriah
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I think I just have to accept that N.R. Walker and PNR don’t mix for me. I adore her contemporary work, but I was bored through this entire story, and Nathaniel made no sense to me.
Candice
I loved this. Walker has such a way with words. I was drawn into this story from the beginning. My heart ached for the both of them.
Deiras
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4,75 stars
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Turning Pages At ...: The Dichotomy of Angels (M/M Buddy Read) by N. R. Walker 58 20 Jan 22, 2020 10:37AM

• Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules #1)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • My Christmas Spirit
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • To Touch the Light (Irons and Works)
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup #1)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they