Start by marking “The Dichotomy of Angels” as Want to Read:
The Dichotomy of Angels

The Dichotomy of Angels

Nathaniel and Chasan are no ordinary angels.

Destiny chose them to be twin flames, fated mates. But Nathaniel has avoided Chasan for nearly a thousand years.

When sent to Earth on a mission to live and work together, Nathaniel comes face-to-face with his destiny. Short-tempered, petulant, and grumpy, he hates the idea of being fated to anyone and has chosen an existence o
Published December 25th 2019 by BlueHeart Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dichotomy of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dichotomy of Angels

Start your review of The Dichotomy of Angels
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Oh Heaven's mercy did I love this book! Who knew angels could be so wanton?

Chasan is an angel of air.

Nathaniel is an angel of fire.

They are destined to join souls, but Nathaniel has been avoiding Chasan for a thousand years. He has reasons (albeit selfish ones), which become clear as the story progresses.

In a last-ditch effort to push Chasan and Nathaniel together, Saint Peter sends them to New York city circa 2020 on a mission to save a human child. The angels must pose as husbands, share
Sheri
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow…that was stupendous! I was hoping for a fantastic fun read and that is exactly what I got. It was full of high-spirited entertainment with some heavy-hearted moments tucked in. I can’t seem to recall many angel-centric stories that I’ve read lately and was reminded how much I enjoy a well done paranormal romance tale. Walker takes us to a place where angels live in a world very much like our world with some minor adjustments. Ha! Bringing them to Earth to deal with such adjustments was a rio ...more
Diana

Dichotomy of Angels is another gem by one of my favorite authors, N. R. Walker.

Chasan is the angel of air. He is sweet, kind and is loved by everyone. On the other hand, Nathaniel is the angel of fire, and he is grumpy and loves to smite (blow things up) and doesn’t exactly like people, at all. But Chasan and Nathaniel are fated mates and they are sent to Earth on assignment. While earthbound, they struggle to figure out what to do, should they try to be together or break their bond f
Martin
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I see angels in a mm romance story, I throw stars at it. I just can't help myself.
I don't know what it is about angels that I absolutely, totally love, especially when they're being naughty and sexual. They're GREAT.

Chasan and Nathaniel are twin flames. That means their souls are fated to one another and their bond is a mythical one that the destiny of all existence seems to depend on. Only once before has such a bond existed and it ended in a disaster (be prepared to brush up your mythology fo
Snjez
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: re-reads, audiobooks
Not my favorite by N.R. Walker, mainly because stories with angels are not really my thing. I've read quite a few, but for some reason they never fully grab me.

That being said, I really liked both MCs. Chasan was a sweetheart, and Nathaniel was adorably frustrating. I really enjoyed the first half of the book or so, Nathaniel was so much fun. The rest of the story was a bit predictable and less enjoyable for me, but that's just my personal preference.

***********
7/2020 Re-read via audio: I really
Ariana
*4,5 stars*

I just love a good title. And this one is fab.
As it happens, so is the rest of the book.

The combination of angels and fated mates might seem an interesting choice, but it was fun and worked for me, even though I would have liked some more detailed explanations about the whole thing (Saint Peter was keeping all those secrets quite close to his godly chest!)

Sweet, patient Chasan versus "temperamental, difficult, argumentative and irrational" Nathaniel was a fabulous ball game to watch.
Gerbera_Reads
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy, paranormal
** 4.5 stars **

I enjoyed this PNR romance set in New York City. Told from dual POVs it featured two angels who could be considered absolute opposites at least at first, a mission that was more than it seemed on the surface, love through the ages that survived impossible odds and a whole lot of forgiveness.

I liked Chasan a lot despite his sometimes too gentle nature that allowed Nathaniel to walk all over him, but in their pairing someone had to be compassionate and understanding or it would hav
haletostilinski
This was quite a read, overall.

I know as an atheist myself, I always go into anything with religion in it - whether it be angels or gods or just really religious people - with trepidation. I just never want to be lectured at through the text or have characters who are atheists or not interested in religion all the sudden change their mind and go "ah, this was the way all along!" because nah, I'm not about that. If a character gets there through means that makes sense and through good writing, t
Chris
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it ... read this in one hit. While it was predictable, it was sweet, warm and made me smile. Sometimes a little joy and love is all we need ❤️
Lelyana's Reviews
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed The Dichotomy of Angels and Nathaniel and Chasan were easily became my favorite angels!
A thousand years neglected his fated mate with Chasan, finally St.Peter lost his patience, and put Nathaniel and Chasan on one assignment on earth. To safe a kid.
Assigned as kindergarten teachers, Nathaniel and Chasan started their new adventure together after a thousand years avoiding the assignment together (for Nathaniel at least).
Chasan loved Nathaniel forever, and Nathaniel afraid to admit
Tammy
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Wow, it seemed like this was a longer book than it actually was! 🙄 I thought Nathaniel was never going to get on the same page as Chasan 😩. I was so happy just to finish this exhausting story!
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it

Confession time…I have a thing for angels. The lore has always fascinated me. Along with the beauty, power, and of course—the feathers! But really I think I have a couple of movies to blame for my winged crush. I’ve traced it all back to an odd trio of—Michael E. Knight, Christopher Walken, and Cary Grant. Haha…Now that would make one hell of tea party right there. Anyway…..all that was a rambling way of saying I love a good angel story.

The Dichotomy of Angels introduced me to two new crushworth
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Angels. Love them, love them even more when they are falling in love.

I just binge watched Miracle workers which I surprisingly loved so I had no qualms about the humor in the first half of the book. After that it got old and repetitive and I was not a happy camper.

I did like the different departments though in Nathaniel's case I'm sure he would have liked something more for his swearing deficiency.

This book also has a kinky factor since the watchers were watching them on their own heavenly cctv
Zuzu
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
Eleeze
4.5*

What a good holiday story, even if indirectly so. The feeling of it and the message is so proper for the current times.
I really enjoyed the portrayal of all things celestial or divine and I laughed and raged and fell in love along with the characters 💙
Renée
Much better than previous Walker books. It wasn't quite so cheesy, and had some great relationship angst. ...more
Fabi
One of the most original, heartwarming and giggle inducing PNR books I've ever read.

This unique twist on Angel Romance deserves a standing ovation.

👏👏👏👏👏
Amanda
I’ve had this one on my TBR for a while, but kept putting it off because for some reason I expected something completely different than what I got. This book was unexpectedly ADORABLE. Nathaniel has got to be one of the cutest characters I’ve read in a while. Sure he’s super grumpy and curmudgeonly, but he’s also so sweet with animals and kids and just completely clueless to everything and I loved him. And Chasan was so perfect for him (obviously) with his light-hearted and loving nature. There ...more
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is one of the most adorable things I've read!

Really it was just so sweet and warm, my heart was happy the entire time.

Chasan and Nathaniel are so adorable, I was basically screaming inside the whole time wanting to hug them both. Especially Nathaniel, he is grumpy and moody and he is totally my son, bless him.

If you want something very light, adorable and that'll make your day brighter, give this a try!

Caipi
I laughed a lot and I cried at one point, I totally enjoyed reading this unique story. Jill worded it perfectly during our BR, this book is cute but with so much depth!

It would be awesome if I could "summon" more books like this one! ;)

Skirmish
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2020/07/07/...
Rating: 4.5 Stars – perfection is only half a step away
Micah
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a surprise this was. I bought this on a whim and thoroughly had a great time with it. Well drawn out characters, intriguing plot, snarky dialogue, DRAMA, ANGST.
Only complaint about this book is that there are little to no descriptions for the characters. Also kind of tired of this trope but it’s manipulative AS FUCK to use your traumas just to act like an ass in your current relationship. Could’ve done without that. But all in all, had a good time with this one.
Joyfully Jay
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I’m not quite sure what I was expecting from The Dichotomy of Angels, but for some reason, I didn’t anticipate the lightness mixed in with the more serious elements. I really enjoyed the humor here and the bits of snark and fun. Some of this comes at Nathaniel’s expense, as he expresses his frustration at the human world with which he is mostly unfamiliar, as well as his irritation that he lost his ability to smite and to swear when he came to Earth (even worse, the
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
A weak story.

Nathaniel and Chasan are angels, fated to be each other's soul mate (a rare occurrence in Heaven—why, we're never told). Sent to Earth on the vaguest of missions, but one with unspecified world-shaking consequences, they end up as primary school teachers (with instructions to look out for 'a child'—uhhuh) & living in an apartment with—shock, horror—only one bed. Nathaniel, for reasons that aren't at all clear (can you see a pattern here?) won't acknowledge the bond with Chasan.

This
Eugenia
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
So very funny!

I loved this aside from the fact that an immortal angel who hadn’t been on earth for a milennia had the speech and idiomatic phrases of the modern age.

I both loved and hated this very angel, Nathaniel, for being extremely pigheaded and totally adorable.

Not Walker’s best work, but certainly a fun one!

My rec? It’s a heavenly delight!
Caz
I've given this a B+ for narration and an A- for content at AudioGals, so that's a solid 4.5 stars

I read N.R. Walker’s The Dichotomy of Angels when it came out at the end of 2019 and loved it. It’s a clever, funny and poignant story about two angels who are sent to Earth on a mission, with a sexy and angsty romance at its centre, and I was delighted when I learned it was getting an audio release, too.

Nathaniel and Chasan are angels from the same order of the same hierarchy, but they’re polar opp
Sanaa
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

The Dichotomy of Angel's was a different book by N.R Walker. It was something my heart really wanted to read since I hadn't read anything in about 2 weeks (what felt like years).

I loved the 2 main characters and some of the side characters too. The story was so cute and it made me really happy. If you're looking to read a book of 2 angels then definitely give this a try.
Donna
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars!
Jill
5 stars!!!
Amanda
This is amazing and so much fun. There is heaven, but story took place mostly at New York City present time.

Nathaniel is such a hard headed brute, he is the fire to Chasan air. It was so much fun reading about him being a human for an assignment. He keeps saying his body is broken and leaking whenever he experience human ailments. And whose genius idea to give him anxiety and panic attack. His cluelessness about the modern human world is so endearing.

Chasan had been so patient waiting for a th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Turning Pages At ...: The Dichotomy of Angels (M/M Buddy Read) by N. R. Walker 60 26 Jan 26, 2020 09:50AM

• How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Your Wish (Kinley Island, #4)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Feralsong (Green Creek, #3.5)
  • Boys & Toys (Ace's Wild #9)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
  • The Prince and His Captivating Carpenter (Paranormal Princes, #2)
  • Christmas Lights (Owatonna U Hockey #4)
  • More Than This (California Obscura)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa